Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,995 members, 7,821,474 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) (58285 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo Visits Ayaba Maryam Adeniran Adeyemi, Wife Of His Father / Oba Rasheed Akanbi's Swag As He Steps Out For An Event (Photos) / Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by itsIYKE(m): 10:38am On Oct 29, 2015
I
Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 29, 2015
Nice!! The guy fine o! undecided embarassed
Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by khalebzy(m): 10:38am On Oct 29, 2015
pat077:
So the father will have to prostrate to his son.
Yorubas and their hypocritical respective culture angry

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 29, 2015
But it's enough nau.....
Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by FYB(m): 10:39am On Oct 29, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by nigeriancuban: 10:39am On Oct 29, 2015
one more liability added to the others disguises as monachs...
Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by spenca: 10:39am On Oct 29, 2015
HRH oba Saheed elegushi would have to come chill with our esteemed ooni

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by ghanaman5050: 10:39am On Oct 29, 2015
In Ife
mapet:

In Yorubaland, fathers can opt to allow his son vie for the throne, especially when the father feels he's gotten too old or has health issues. Some fathers choose to just give it to the son as show of love.......
Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 29, 2015
golfg:
Photo News:

The Ooni of Ife-elect, Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi arrived Ile-Ife on Wednesday and was led into his family compound by his father Prince Rope Ogunwusi.

http://dawntodusknews.com/photos-ooni-of-ife-elect-steps-out-with-his-father/

Yoruuba culture is funny. How can someone be a king when his father is a common man?.................. In my culture kingship is hereditary. Even high chiefs are hereditary.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:41am On Oct 29, 2015
khalebzy:
Lmao grin...i wonder o
Doesn't make sense at all, how papa go be prince, son go be king. What culture does that?

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by Florblu(f): 10:44am On Oct 29, 2015
Very soon the man go old pass Galilee land. I wonder why power makes people old
Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by wallex1983(m): 10:45am On Oct 29, 2015
Badgers14:
why did they chose the son instead of the father?

The gods are not to blame
Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by Elle277(f): 10:45am On Oct 29, 2015
lekan29ice:
Ifa choose the son
And the father will be under the son...as his(king) subject..tradition nawa!
Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by ken2spaceman(m): 10:45am On Oct 29, 2015
:DCulture Abuse cheesy grin father is now prince to his Son.
Fear west

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by kinibigdeal(m): 10:45am On Oct 29, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
Confused people confused culture confused throne. Papa na prince son na king. There is something wrong with all of them

Igbo enweghi akuko ihe mere eme, o di ghi onye na-aghota ebe I sitere si. I dinnoo nwere ike ghara igho Yoruba n' otu ntabi anya. Use your head before you talk nonsense, I know your tribe more than you do.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by SmartMugu: 10:45am On Oct 29, 2015
OP sef, see as you dey point arrow for the throat and fore-head like say na target.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by juman(m): 10:46am On Oct 29, 2015
Those obas and joining cult, nah wa.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by basilo101: 10:48am On Oct 29, 2015
culture differs sha. in igbo land someone whose father is alive cannot be the Igwe. will his father prostrate for him??

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by bokohalal(m): 10:51am On Oct 29, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
Confused people confused culture confused throne. Papa na prince son na king. There is something wrong with all of them
It has worked from time immemorial within that community and had never led to any social or political upheaval. You have to respect other people's way of life.

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by blesoh(f): 10:51am On Oct 29, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
lol,ds kind tradition nawa
Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by enilowo(m): 10:53am On Oct 29, 2015
homesteady:
Would the father bow before him?

Yes he will bow and prostrate sef.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 29, 2015
Freemanan:
But it's enough nau.....

You will be surprised that this thread made FP.. but if its Emiko the mod go ignore am.. tribalism at his peak
Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by delman88(m): 10:54am On Oct 29, 2015
9jacrip:

Yes and the Mother too.

you are wrong. its a taboo if d father bows.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 29, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

Oro oponu lenu asiwere...Awon omo irankiran

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by sweetgala(m): 10:55am On Oct 29, 2015
lekan29ice:
Ifa choose the son

Lol, If only you knew what has gone on in his selection.

The king-makers have been absolutely corrupted and have abandoned all traditions in order to make him King.

I pray his reign brings progress to Ife cause otherwise his family name would be ruined

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by omo247(f): 10:55am On Oct 29, 2015
nawa o.this world sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by Dansy(f): 10:55am On Oct 29, 2015
I am not from ife, I am happy to see the king.indeed, kings are chosen by God. I love the oni elect. Thank God the process was peaceful.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by enilowo(m): 10:56am On Oct 29, 2015
blesoh:

lol,ds kind tradition nawa

You be mumu. Mother of Queen Elisabeth is what? Is she a queen or a princess. I don't blame you I am sure u are igbo a set of people without regards for culture. Mumu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 29, 2015
delman88:

you are wrong. its a taboo if d father bows.

Taboo? Where? In my hometown or yours? Or are you from Ife?

Both his parents will bow before him, even his grand parents.

5 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by Tman66(m): 10:57am On Oct 29, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy baba oba. ., grin grin grin
Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by EMMAXBLESS(m): 10:58am On Oct 29, 2015
I wonder what happens in this our so called Country #Nigeria#
We only have youths who beCome Kings,at the age of 30 to 50 years
But when are we going to have president whose age will range from 20 to 50
Because it is only in nigeria that I see where the president is Older than the country herself....
God have mercy on Naija ooo
#Chai!!!!!

#YOUTHS WAKE UP#

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) by sweetgala(m): 11:00am On Oct 29, 2015
9jacrip:

Not in Ife, only if the father is a king.

very much in Ife, tradition stipulates that the Ooni can not have a living father. So many things have gone wrong in the selection of the Ooni, who I know for a fact bought the throne, The guy spent so much money it would be a grave offence to him not to get the crown

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo / Hilarious Quotes In Igbo Language / Ooni Of Ife's Wives As They Prepare To Bury Their Husband (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.