Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees (39656 Views)

Appeal Court Validates Rivers State’s Probe Of Rotimi Amaechi / Throwback Wedding Photo Of Rotimi Akeredolu & Betty In 1981 / Caption This Photo Of Rotimi Amaechi And Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by midolian(m): 2:17pm On Oct 29, 2015
The Senate is now in a closed session in preparation for the confirmation of the remaining 18 ministerial nominees..

TheCable gathered that the senate, which is currently considering the report of the ethics, privileges and public petitions committee on Amaechi, is divided along party lines regarding the confirmation of the former governor.

Biodun Olujimi, a PDP lawmaker from Ekiti state, had earlier raised a point of order, asking the senate to suspend the confirmation of ministerial nominees until it considered the report of the committee on ethics on Amaechi.

But Senate President Bukola Saraki ruled her out of order.

In a petition brought to the senate by senators from Rivers state, Amaechi is accused of stealing N70 billion of the state’s fund while he was governor, an allegation he has denied.

The debate on the report is expected to be stormy; hence the closed session.

https://www.thecable.ng/senate-closed-session-decide-amaechi

I believe its going to be a dramatic ... grin grin

Stay tuned ... wink grin

2 Likes

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by bettercreature(m): 2:20pm On Oct 29, 2015
This is exactly what i have been waiting for

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by midolian(m): 2:20pm On Oct 29, 2015
I believe after much noise from the PDP senators, Rotimi will be confirmed..

As the groundnut in a sealed bottled is to the hen, so is Amaechi to the PDP senators..Untouchable ! grin

Cc: Mr hinwazaka grin

Modified*

I told you, Mr hinwazaka grin grin

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:22pm On Oct 29, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by modath(f): 2:22pm On Oct 29, 2015
Ok
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by Lennylinconlee(m): 2:23pm On Oct 29, 2015
Space book......till the end of the meeting
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by Princeelisma(m): 2:24pm On Oct 29, 2015
Can't wait to see ameachi confirmation

3 Likes

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by patrickmuf(m): 2:27pm On Oct 29, 2015
midolian:
I believe after much noise from the PDP senators, Rotimi will be confirmed..

Cc: Mr hinwazaka grin
I just wanna laugh at the comment the guy you mentioned will make upon Amaechi's confirmation...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by midolian(m): 2:30pm On Oct 29, 2015
patrickmuf:
I just wanna laugh at the comment the guy you mentioned will make upon Amaechi's confirmation...
lol..same here bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by PRYCE(m): 2:33pm On Oct 29, 2015
As much as I don't want him to scale through, I think Amaechi will Win this one.

Watching it live! PDP are standing their ground!

This is actually interesting!
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 29, 2015
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by midolian(m): 2:47pm On Oct 29, 2015
This meeting is taking too long. All because of Amaechi grin

Hmm..Something tells me Saraki will soon be left with no choice but to divorce his 40 wives..

18 Likes

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by Dannyset(m): 2:50pm On Oct 29, 2015
lemme park welll. Amaechi tinz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by WHOcarex: 2:52pm On Oct 29, 2015
Sure
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by Davvymavvy(f): 2:53pm On Oct 29, 2015
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by psucc(m): 2:54pm On Oct 29, 2015
This Amaechi one name too many. Even after confirmation he will still have another issue to dabble with
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by midolian(m): 2:56pm On Oct 29, 2015
psucc:
This Amaechi one name too many.
Even after confirmation he will still have another issue to dabble with
I don't think so. He will become too strong for his enemies to handle.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by FreeGlobe(f): 2:58pm On Oct 29, 2015
Saraki should thread cautiously. When poo hits the fan, Amaechi will not be there to help you. Confirm Amaechi at your own risk

5 Likes

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 29, 2015
Great ..staying glued to my camera now to view comments

4 Likes

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by chesterlee(m): 3:09pm On Oct 29, 2015
All eyes on Saraki (The conqueror of Tinubu)
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:12pm On Oct 29, 2015
FreeGlobe:
[s]Saraki should thread cautiously. When poo hits the fan, Amaechi will not be there to help you. Confirm Amaechi at your own risk[/s]

Odiegwu!!!

15 Likes

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:15pm On Oct 29, 2015
Happening Now: Senate opens its doors after several minutes of closed door meeting. It doesn't look like the meeting went well... grin

3 Likes

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by Rawani: 3:18pm On Oct 29, 2015
I wish the deliberation of the ethics committee report was screened live so we would see Akpabio's face as he castigates another politician for corruption.

5 Likes

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by nawtibownie: 3:19pm On Oct 29, 2015
I see ameachi winning this one. Saraki wouldn't misbehave if he wants to retain his seat as the Senate president.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by uchedydy: 3:20pm On Oct 29, 2015
let them confirm him
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by Jesusloveyou: 3:20pm On Oct 29, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Saraki should thread cautiously. When poo hits the fan, Amaechi will not be there to help you. Confirm Amaechi at your own risk
and don't confirm ameachi at ur own risk, let see who to obey, whether ur master or ur slaves, pdp is d slave, buhari and tinubu is d master

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by HomoSapiien: 3:23pm On Oct 29, 2015
Amaechi has been confirmed already.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by midolian(m): 3:24pm On Oct 29, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
and don't confirm ameachi at ur risk, let see who to obey, whether ur master or ur slaves, pdp is d slave, buhari and tinubu is d master
He/she has forgotten that the Tinubu and some other big-wigs in the APC have gotten Saraki's balls in their hands now. They can break them anytime..

3 Likes

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by jelel6: 3:25pm On Oct 29, 2015
dusting saraki case file just incase he dulls.
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:25pm On Oct 29, 2015
Senate Leader Ndume moves for The Senate to move into its C'ttee of the Whole for Confirmation of #MinisterialNominees.
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:25pm On Oct 29, 2015
The Senate now moves into its C'ttee of the Whole for the Confirmation of #MinisterialNominees. The Mace is lowered.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lagos Builds New Staff Quarters For Nigerian Railway Corporation / Principal Gets Death Threats For Releasing Buhari’s Results / Gold Discovered In Bagwai And Shanno LGA In Kano (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.