Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees (39654 Views)

Appeal Court Validates Rivers State’s Probe Of Rotimi Amaechi / Throwback Wedding Photo Of Rotimi Akeredolu & Betty In 1981 / Caption This Photo Of Rotimi Amaechi And Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by athorello(m): 4:30pm On Oct 29, 2015
Yeleeh! This Lion of Ubima pass x10 Ogidigborigbo...
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by Rilwayne001: 4:30pm On Oct 29, 2015
How the fvck did I miss this episode embarassed
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by vamsexy: 4:30pm On Oct 29, 2015
PRYCE:
"A court should absolve the nominee before confirmation by this senate"

"There is a moral obligation on anybody riding on a crest of no corruption to keep his reputation"

"What if we end up confirming a convicted fellow"

The senator from Ekiti
I so much hate the IGBO bastard Nation...dey are jus to stupid and foolish.I can't wait for all other state to start kicking der demon foolish stupid ass out to der dead Biafra....so much hate In my heart for d stupid IGBOS.it will neva be well for any IGBO person.dey are just too cursed.

6 Likes

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by obailala(m): 4:30pm On Oct 29, 2015
asha80:
which is 'superior'? Minister of niger delta or nddc chairman?
Well, a minister may appear to be superior, but in terms of influence at local level, I 'think' the NDDC chairman is more influential.

1 Like

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by Rawani: 4:30pm On Oct 29, 2015
I never thought I'd ever say this but...

Kudos Sen. Ndume, APC majority leader par excellence.

3 Likes

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by otokx(m): 4:31pm On Oct 29, 2015
See them as they walked out like rats with tails between their legs.

4 Likes

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by MizMyColi(f): 4:32pm On Oct 29, 2015
1wolex85:

That will only set a dangerous precedence. If mizm coli is nominated as a minister tomorrow and because I have something against her, I raise allegations that 'has not been proven' , will it be fair for you to lose that seat? It means all political opponents have to do is to raise 'allegations' whether true or not and the person wont be confirmed. It doesn't make any sense

First off
Please note that there is no smoke without fire.

I clear conscience fears no accusation.

No one is saying he shouldn't be confirmed.

If a case has been instituted against him, the sane thing to do is to ensure that such allegations are cleared up first as mere huff puff which was instituted by political deriders.

Why the rush?
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by wirinet(m): 4:32pm On Oct 29, 2015
kaycid77:
A Love what PDP have done ....speak in one voice....AMAECHI IS A "CRIMINAL MINISTER"...the whole world has known this

And STELLA ODUAH was a what?

5 Likes

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by PRYCE(m): 4:33pm On Oct 29, 2015
wirinet:
I honestly do not believe a lawmaker made these statements, it shows the person knows nothing about law.

This is against the Nigerian Legal system. A person stand innocent until proven guilty and not a person is guilty until proven innocent. This legal priniciple had been used again and agin by the PDP throughout the years, eg, Atiku, Stella Oduah, Buruji and even the present Senate president. This principle had been quote again and again on the floor of the Senate, so it is suprising for PDP to be making a turn around now
Senseless.

What does he mean? Is he saying that Amaechi had already been convicted and we are yet to be aware?
What is senseless about this " "There is a moral obligation on anybody riding on a crest of no corruption to keep his reputation"

It seems you are senseless yourself!

Please I don't want politicaly biased people in my mentions!

1 Like

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:34pm On Oct 29, 2015
lakesidepapa:

He's a lawyer and he also came from smart hood. Ife people are very smart
You're right. His legislative knowledge dates back to 1999 when he was in the Lagos State House of Assembly.
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by olaezebala: 4:35pm On Oct 29, 2015
jaykaylegend:
I no know for the guy oo, see as him mention 100billion like 100k

Convert 13 billion pounds to Naira too na so we can know how true Madueke own is
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by lolu84(m): 4:36pm On Oct 29, 2015
When pple are crying about Amaechi being corrupt......who among the PDP senators that is corruption free?

4 Likes

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 29, 2015
lordhugo:
[size=20pt]Those in favor of the confirmation of Rotimi chibuike amaechi....say AYE!!!!!

AYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Gbam..........The aye's have it!!
[/size]

Where are the PDP senators? Oh! they went to buy guguru and ekpa

The only reason I'm quoting u is cause you're a game of thrones fan. Do you think Jon Snow is truly dead
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by PRYCE(m): 4:37pm On Oct 29, 2015
vamsexy:

I so much hate the IGBO bastard Nation...dey are jus to stupid and foolish.I can't wait for all other state to start kicking der demon foolish stupid ass out to der dead Biafra....so much hate In my heart for d stupid IGBOS.it will neva be well for any IGBO person.dey are just too cursed.
And so you brought this to my mentions? I don't fancy your tribal shit!

3 Likes

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by Koleman(m): 4:37pm On Oct 29, 2015
lolu84:
When pple are crying about Amaechi being corrupt......who among the PDP senators that is corruption free?
That's why they are called wailers!!! u simply ignore them

3 Likes

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by Oceemo(m): 4:37pm On Oct 29, 2015
Congrat
To
My
Man
Ameachi
Pdp
I
Think
I
Tell
Una

I
Watched
A
Video
Where
Men
From
The
East
Were
Protesting
In
Australia
And
The
Ask
For
Their
Names
The
All
Ran
Away
Very
Funny
Set
Of
Peeps

1 Like

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:38pm On Oct 29, 2015
PRYCE:
What is senseless about this " "There is a moral obligation on anybody riding on a crest of no corruption to keep his reputation"

PDP senators with a person like Stella Oduah can't be saying anything on morality.

3 Likes

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by swaggerdgrt(m): 4:38pm On Oct 29, 2015
Koleman:
buy rope
nooo nt me,is u dat shud go buy rope nd hang urslf.idiot
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by ExInferis(m): 4:39pm On Oct 29, 2015
bangiskings:
since all the PDP senators are out let the apc senators impeache saraki now

hahahahahahha

ive never laughed so hard!
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 29, 2015
PRYCE:

There is no way you can be completely neutral politically.....

That is the sad truth
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by Koleman(m): 4:40pm On Oct 29, 2015
swaggerdgrt:
nooo nt me,is u dat shud go buy rope nd hang urslf.idiot
sorry abeg no vex. I no know say e go vex u. I will tell the Senate to reverse their decision
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by swaggerdgrt(m): 4:40pm On Oct 29, 2015
jaykaylegend:
guy calm down na... 100billion naira, even otedola is not worth 100 billion naira...
so u lke wetin APC dey do ab??iwell I pity u shaa
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by PRYCE(m): 4:41pm On Oct 29, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

PDP senators with a person like Stella Oduah can't be saying anything on morality.

So because it came from Oduah, that makes it senseless?

BTW, Oduah was not the one that said it cos last I checked, she wasn't from Ekiti.
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by Dibest(m): 4:42pm On Oct 29, 2015
Sense is not common, Someone should define allegations for me. All PDP Senators should gerararararararrrara out here.

1 Like

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by PRYCE(m): 4:43pm On Oct 29, 2015
bangiskings:
since all the PDP senators are out let the apc senators impeache saraki now
Jesus! Now this got me cracking!

Lol!
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by 3kay945(m): 4:43pm On Oct 29, 2015
Now that amechi is confirmed, can the Wailers now allow him do his ministerial duties in peace? cool
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by greatest31: 4:44pm On Oct 29, 2015
See the youths jumping up, how have this brought employment? Why can't we look beyond the walls? I am just laughing at our country. This politics that they played today, will hunt people tomorrow.

Let that senator from osun be ready to quote and uphold the constitution at every sitting and not just today because I have not seen him talk like this before.

Someone cannot come and stage drama for one day and disappear all through.

Because of allegations, someone was not forwarded to contest for FIFA president and because of allegations, a lot of people lost their jobs and today they call it allegations.

Let us see who will be in jail for allegation again in Nigeria because the constitution must stand.

God bless our country Nigeria.

One Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by PRYCE(m): 4:44pm On Oct 29, 2015
SirWere:

That is the sad truth
I know that bro... but is there anything senseless about that quote?
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by lordhugo(m): 4:44pm On Oct 29, 2015
SirWere:
The only reason I'm quoting u is cause you're a game of thrones fan. Do you think Jon Snow is truly dead

I am only gonna reply here because i am a die hard fan too....

NO.

He is NOT dead.

Kit harrington recently renewed his contract for season 7 (leaked news) .

Dead people do not sign new season contracts.

1 Like

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by jamaicabakare(m): 4:44pm On Oct 29, 2015
belabela:

She will soon loose her seat at the tribunal grin grin grin grin grin

even though am APC 100%.... Senator Biodun Olujimi won freely and fairly....i witnessed it myself!
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by mbulela: 4:45pm On Oct 29, 2015
lakesidepapa:

He's a lawyer and he also came from smart hood. Ife people are very smart
like Ekiti people
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by PRYCE(m): 4:46pm On Oct 29, 2015
SirWere:

That is the sad truth
I know that bro... but is there anything senseless about that quote? Oh it is cos it came from a senator ( A pdp senator at that)? It may sound hypocritical but not senseless!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lagos PDP Is Searching For A Popular Candidate To Face Ambode In 2019..see Names / President Buhari's Live Interview On NTA / Buhari’s Kinsmen Attack Aisha Over Villa Crisis - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.