Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees (39667 Views)

Appeal Court Validates Rivers State’s Probe Of Rotimi Amaechi / Throwback Wedding Photo Of Rotimi Akeredolu & Betty In 1981 / Caption This Photo Of Rotimi Amaechi And Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by thomasthomas: 5:47pm On Oct 29, 2015
MizMyColi:

Well, I maintain that there is no smoke without fire.
Nobody can rise against you if you've not offended them. Something must have stoked it.
The question now should be, is it justifiable or not?

A judicial commission found him culpable.
How can anyone in good conscience sweep that under the carpet?
Something ought to have been done swiftly to clear such damaging report or get him indicted.

It won't have to take up to 6 months to throw out such "petty allegations" .....if that's really what it is.
Especially seeing as he has the FG's backing.
Is transparency too much to ask for?
For a government that preaches change, is 6 months too long a time to prove to the world that they do not just talk the talk, but walk their talk?

That you have a clear conscience doesn't mean you fold your arms while you await the gods to save you. That's foolishness. Wisdom requires that you do all in your power, while you can, to clear your name. Your innocence, and getting the right people to plead your cause is an advantage!

Going by this government's chant against corruption, one would expect that anything with a corruption stain attached would have no stake in it, but that's not the case today, is it?
A particular INEC chairman called Mahmud Yakubu comes to mind.

He who must come to equity ought to do so with clean hands.
Please be guided.
Cry cry baby grin grin

In your heart of hearts you know it is a false allegation by Wike and knowing PDP for who they are being a party of liars, the best thing to do is to ignore them. They have not brought any concrete evidence just mere speculations and conjectures.

Wike has been shouting everywhere with his kangaroo panel indicting Amaechi of all the crimes in this world including stealing tooth pick from government house grin grin.

PDP is finished with no moral integrity to discuss corruption!

Imagine Akpabio fighting corrution. grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by coruso(m): 5:59pm On Oct 29, 2015
greatest31:
[b]See the youths jumping up, how have this brought employment? Why can't we look beyond the walls?[/b]I am just laughing at our country. This politics that they played today, will hunt people tomorrow.

Let that senator from osun be ready to quote and uphold the constitution at every sitting and not just today because I have not seen him talk like this before.

Someone cannot come and stage drama for one day and disappear all through.

Because of allegations, someone was not forwarded to contest for FIFA president and because of allegations, a lot of people lost their jobs and today they call it allegations.

Let us see who will be in jail for allegation again in Nigeria because the constitution must stand.

God bless our country Nigeria.

One Nigeria.
it amaze me when the youths of this country celebrate politicians, who have over the years looted their common wealth with no apologies . These set of people were either state governors and head of boards etc. Unfortunately, this set of people are not restricted to one political party. In fact most of politicians in APC today were at one time our leader in PDP saraki, Amerchi akume, El Rufai and the rest comes to mind, all the do is when one platform is not favouring them the switch platform rebrand and continue their looting. Please let us at every point in time use the small platform we have to be objective in our discuss, so that this politicians will desist from taking us for a ride. corruption is corruption no matter the divide.
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by MizMyColi(f): 6:45pm On Oct 29, 2015
thomasthomas:
Cry cry baby grin grin

In your heart of hearts you know it is a false allegation by Wike and knowing PDP for who they are being a party of liars, the best thing to do is to ignore them. They have not brought any concrete evidence just mere speculations and conjectures.

Wike has been shouting everywhere with his kangaroo panel indicting Amaechi of all the crimes in this world including stealing tooth pick from government house grin grin.

PDP is finished with no moral integrity to discuss corruption!

Imagine Akpabio fighting corrution. grin grin

In your heart of hearts, you know that Amaechi is not innocent of allegations levied against him.

But he must be rewarded for being the money bag that saw to Buhari's election victory.
The war chest which he brought to the primaries after plundering and looting Rivers State comes to mind.

Btw, how do you know Akpabio is corrupt? Did you or any competent court of jurisdiction indict him?‎

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by Jesusloveyou: 6:47pm On Oct 29, 2015
Rawani:
I never thought I'd ever say this but...

Kudos Sen. Ndume, APC majority leader par excellence.
d guy is proving to be a correct guy

2 Likes

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by barcaboi(m): 7:06pm On Oct 29, 2015
PRYCE:
please keep your tribalistic comments off my mentions!
how was that tribalistic?.....he fit no know the name even as a yoruba boy; omoworares name is hard to pronounce
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by barcaboi(m): 7:13pm On Oct 29, 2015
lakesidepapa:

Is he Adeleke the man that always wear long cap, Omowoware the young and vocal ife man or professor Adeyeye the man with bushy beard? Which one of them?
omoworare
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by barcaboi(m): 7:18pm On Oct 29, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:

Me too
who sabi una two.....even me dem no sabi me....Ameachi we know and love; PMB is d presido whether dem like or not
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by thomasthomas: 7:30pm On Oct 29, 2015
MizMyColi:

In your heart of hearts, you know that Amaechi is not innocent of allegations levied against him.

But he must be rewarded for being the money bag that saw to Buhari's election victory.
The war chest which he brought to the primaries after plundering and looting Rivers State comes to mind.

Btw, how do you know Akpabio is corrupt? Did you or any competent court of jurisdiction indict him?‎

hahaha... Then go to court and prove it and not throw tantrums like babies! Buhari's election was sponsored by the masses, people donated! Bring your facts and figures of the 'plundering' of rivers state treasury.

I didn't say Akpabio is corrupt, I was just imagining Akpabio 'fighting' corruption grin grin

But anyway, he was invited and interrogated by EFCC undecided

3 Likes

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by lakesidepapa(m): 7:38pm On Oct 29, 2015
janellemonae:

femi fani kayode is not smart.
Then u don't knw Femi
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by CriticalThought: 7:39pm On Oct 29, 2015
Fellow Nigerians, what other proof do you need to see that the fight against corruption is a one-way street. It only applies to PDP. Everyone under the sun knows Amaechi is dirty. Yes i understand the need to reward him for his loyalty and financing of the current administration after all that's Nigerian politics. Give him ambassador to Nepal or something, far removed from power.
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by lakesidepapa(m): 7:39pm On Oct 29, 2015
janellemonae:

Then u don't knw Femi, everyone knows Femi is smart
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by lakesidepapa(m): 7:39pm On Oct 29, 2015
janellemonae:

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 29, 2015
vamsexy:

I so much hate the IGBO bastard Nation...dey are jus to stupid and foolish.I can't wait for all other state to start kicking der demon foolish stupid ass out to der dead Biafra....so much hate In my heart for d stupid IGBOS.it will neva be well for any IGBO person.dey are just too cursed.

Kai pls remove hate in ur heart. Jesus loves us all. I cant even believe u got any likes.

Im yoruba btw.

1 Like

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by swaggerdgrt(m): 9:41pm On Oct 29, 2015
Koleman:
sorry abeg no vex. I no know say e go vex u. I will tell the Senate to reverse their decision
lolz but dat guy too corrupt naa,he no deserve am at all.u seff check am
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by Lakeland4321: 9:50pm On Oct 29, 2015
obailala:
Even if Amaechi is not confirmed as a minister, he could be given a massive position like the NDDC chairman and the PDP can knock their heads against a nearby wall.
NDDC Chairman is not massive, its just figure head, the power is in MD and the ED's. Its also not befitting for a former governor. VP, SGF or at least a minister is more like it.
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by Jesusloveyou: 10:35pm On Oct 29, 2015
lakesidepapa:

smart in ur village

1 Like

Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by lakesidepapa(m): 8:53am On Oct 30, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
smart in ur village
Ur hometown na bush behind my town
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by ascendo(m): 9:35am On Oct 30, 2015
vamsexy:

Dey do,like u,$$$u just noticed....I as long as dey call my country zoo....dey are worse dan a pit...and am sure u will hold ur nose wen ever u are close to a smellin pit ryt?....I jus Hate dem and won't stop hating all of dem...bastardsssss.
KEEP HATING PEOPLE THAT GOD BLESSED! Just your name tells me who you are: SEXOBJECT! Everywhere the IGBOS go as long as its a part of the earth, they keep soaring higher!

"Njideka Akunyili Crosby is the 2015 winner of the tenth annual Joyce Alexander Wein Artist Prize. The Studio Museum in Harlem made the announcement on Monday, October 26, revealing that it was bestowing its Wein Prize – a $50,000 award won in the past by esteemed artists like Lorna Simpson, Glenn Ligon and Trenton Doyle Hancock – to the Nigerian-born painter who has lived and worked in the United States for many years.

According to Randy Kennedy in the New York Times, the prize – established by George Wein, a founder of the Newport Jazz Festival, in honor of his wife, Joyce Alexander Wein, a trustee of the museum who died in 2005 – has been given every year since 2006 to established or emerging African-American artists.

Ms. Crosby, 32, who recently moved to Los Angeles, has become known for large-scale paintings that depict African and American domestic scenes. The scenes are visually complicated with collage elements drawn from Nigerian lifestyle magazines, her own photo albums and the Internet, works that, as Smithsonian Magazine wrote,
"explore a complex topic – the tug she feels between her adopted home in America and her native country."

Ms. Crosby’s work has recently been featured in a solo show at the Hammer Museum in Los Angeles and was included in the New Museum’s 2015 Triennial. The prestigious Victoria Miro gallery in London began to represent Ms. Crosby earlier this year, and her work is now the subject of anexhibition at the gallery, organized by the critic Hilton Als.

Thelma Golden, the Studio Museum’s director, said Ms. Crosby was chosen because of her work’s “great innovation and promise” and also because she “truly represents the global nature of the Studio Museum’s mission and reach.”"
Re: Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees by vamsexy: 1:23pm On Oct 30, 2015
ascendo:
KEEP HATING PEOPLE THAT GOD BLESSED! Just your name tells me who you are: SEXOBJECT! Everywhere the IGBOS go as long as its a part of the earth, they keep soaring higher!

"Njideka Akunyili Crosby is the 2015 winner of the tenth annual Joyce Alexander Wein Artist Prize. The Studio Museum in Harlem made the announcement on Monday, October 26, revealing that it was bestowing its Wein Prize – a $50,000 award won in the past by esteemed artists like Lorna Simpson, Glenn Ligon and Trenton Doyle Hancock – to the Nigerian-born painter who has lived and worked in the United States for many years.

According to Randy Kennedy in the New York Times, the prize – established by George Wein, a founder of the Newport Jazz Festival, in honor of his wife, Joyce Alexander Wein, a trustee of the museum who died in 2005 – has been given every year since 2006 to established or emerging African-American artists.

Ms. Crosby, 32, who recently moved to Los Angeles, has become known for large-scale paintings that depict African and American domestic scenes. The scenes are visually complicated with collage elements drawn from Nigerian lifestyle magazines, her own photo albums and the Internet, works that, as Smithsonian Magazine wrote,
"explore a complex topic – the tug she feels between her adopted home in America and her native country."

Ms. Crosby’s work has recently been featured in a solo show at the Hammer Museum in Los Angeles and was included in the New Museum’s 2015 Triennial. The prestigious Victoria Miro gallery in London began to represent Ms. Crosby earlier this year, and her work is now the subject of anexhibition at the gallery, organized by the critic Hilton Als.

Thelma Golden, the Studio Museum’s director, said Ms. Crosby was chosen because of her work’s “great innovation and promise” and also because she “truly represents the global nature of the Studio Museum’s mission and reach.”"
U are just a stupid fool...hv u ever ask ur sef why everyone hates d igbobigs nation.because dey destroy everywhere dey step der foot on...dey can only strive in a currupt environmnt and many of igbo 1st born are bastardz...its proven....u knw ur women can do anytin 4money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lagos Builds New Staff Quarters For Nigerian Railway Corporation / Fashola Got Tongue Lashed For Saying*lagos Won't Vote For GEJ* / Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.