Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

If U Lose Ur Mobile U Can Trace It Back Wit Dis Simple Method - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / If U Lose Ur Mobile U Can Trace It Back Wit Dis Simple Method (8227 Views)

My Phone Was Stolen How Can I Trace It? / How To Trace The Details Of An Unknown Number Calling You / Simple Method On How To Activate And Transfer Airtime On All Nigerian Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If U Lose Ur Mobile U Can Trace It Back Wit Dis Simple Method by gigabytes: 1:55pm On Oct 30, 2015
What’s the story behind cop@vsnl.net? Is it a fake email address??

Such questions plagued me, and so I got down to investigating this email. What I found is some interesting information that I would like to share with all of you.

cop@vsnl.net is an official Id of Chennai police. At a certain point in time this Email ID was good and functional, and it was indeed helpful to those who had lost their mobile phone. This Email ID received recognition as it was mentioned in a news story run by ‘The Hindu’ newspaper detailing how Chennai police is seeking to help out its citizens. Here’s a link of one of the stories that mentioed this email ID: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-tamilnadu/theft-complaint-against-teenager/article3114519.ece (Take nte that this article was printed in 2006)

the cop@vsnl.net email ID is of no help anymore and guiding them in the right direction.

http://www.copatvsnl.net/
Re: If U Lose Ur Mobile U Can Trace It Back Wit Dis Simple Method by emekachimek: 3:18pm On Oct 30, 2015
oluwafemi113:
If you lose your mobile you can trace it back.
Most of us always fear that our Mobile may be stolen at any time.
Each mobile carries a unique
IMEI no. i.e. International Mobile Equipment Identity No which can be used to track your mobile anywhere in the world.
This is how it works!!
1. Dial *#06# from your mobile.
2. Your mobile shows a unique 15 digit.
3. Note down this number at a secure place except in your mobile phone itself as this is the Number which will help trace your mobile in Case of a theft.
4. Once stolen you just have to E-mail this 15 digit IMEI No. to cop@vsnl.net with details as below.
Your name:____________________
Address:______________________
Phone model:_________________
Make:_________________________
Last used No.:_________________
E-mail for communication:_____
Missed date:___________________
IMEI No :_______________________
5. No need to go to the police.
6. Your Mobile will be traced within next 24 hrs via a complex system of GPRS and internet, You will find where your hand set is being operated even if the SIM card has been changed.
PASS ON THIS VERY
IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL...COPIED

CopyRight Oluwafemmy
Re: If U Lose Ur Mobile U Can Trace It Back Wit Dis Simple Method by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 30, 2015
Lol... What of imei tweakers?
Re: If U Lose Ur Mobile U Can Trace It Back Wit Dis Simple Method by lawrenceunaa: 3:44pm On Oct 30, 2015
lekjons:
can you please tell me what's funny?
what's funny to the guy is that android devices' imei(s) are all changeable. So this method is adopted arobas go begin change imei before using stolen phones
Re: If U Lose Ur Mobile U Can Trace It Back Wit Dis Simple Method by Enahi(f): 6:15pm On Oct 31, 2015
Tonyebarcanista
Re: If U Lose Ur Mobile U Can Trace It Back Wit Dis Simple Method by Ballmer: 1:57am On Nov 01, 2015
Enahi:
Tonyebarcanista
Re: If U Lose Ur Mobile U Can Trace It Back Wit Dis Simple Method by LordCenturion(m): 6:49am On Nov 01, 2015
oluwafemi113:
If you lose your mobile you can trace it back.
Most of us always fear that our Mobile may be stolen at any time.
Each mobile carries a unique
IMEI no. i.e. International Mobile Equipment Identity No which can be used to track your mobile anywhere in the world.
This is how it works!!
1. Dial *#06# from your mobile.
2. Your mobile shows a unique 15 digit.
3. Note down this number at a secure place except in your mobile phone itself as this is the Number which will help trace your mobile in Case of a theft.
4. Once stolen you just have to E-mail this 15 digit IMEI No. to cop@vsnl.net with details as below.
Your name:____________________
Address:______________________
Phone model:_________________
Make:_________________________
Last used No.:_________________
E-mail for communication:_____
Missed date:___________________
IMEI No :_______________________
5. No need to go to the police.
6. Your Mobile will be traced within next 24 hrs via a complex system of GPRS and internet, You will find where your hand set is being operated even if the SIM card has been changed.
PASS ON THIS VERY
IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL...COPIED

CopyRight Oluwafemmy
thanks for the info,actualy ,i lost my infinix hot note pro in august,i bought the phone frm nigeria in july,but i lost it in south africa,is it posible for me to get it back after 3 months?

1 Like

Re: If U Lose Ur Mobile U Can Trace It Back Wit Dis Simple Method by oluwafemi113(m): 10:54am On Nov 01, 2015
gigabytes:
What’s the story behind cop@vsnl.net? Is it a fake email address??

Such questions plagued me, and so I got down to investigating this email. What I found is some interesting information that I would like to share with all of you.

cop@vsnl.net is an official Id of Chennai police. At a certain point in time this Email ID was good and functional, and it was indeed helpful to those who had lost their mobile phone. This Email ID received recognition as it was mentioned in a news story run by ‘The Hindu’ newspaper detailing how Chennai police is seeking to help out its citizens. Here’s a link of one of the stories that mentioed this email ID: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-tamilnadu/theft-complaint-against-teenager/article3114519.ece (Take nte that this article was printed in 2006)

the cop@vsnl.net email ID is of no help anymore and guiding them in the right direction.

http://www.copatvsnl.net/
Re: If U Lose Ur Mobile U Can Trace It Back Wit Dis Simple Method by oluwafemi113(m): 10:55am On Nov 01, 2015
LordCenturion:
thanks for the info,actualy ,i lost my infinix hot note pro in august,i bought the phone frm nigeria in july,but i lost it in south africa,is it posible for me to get it back after 3 months?
just follow the simple method and you are good to go...
Re: If U Lose Ur Mobile U Can Trace It Back Wit Dis Simple Method by Enahi(f): 2:58pm On Nov 01, 2015
[quote author=Ballmer post=39565386] qquote]

Hello Ballmer, why are y vexing
Re: If U Lose Ur Mobile U Can Trace It Back Wit Dis Simple Method by Ballmer: 3:45pm On Nov 01, 2015
Oh dear ! How or where did you come about that impression ? I do not have a reason to.

Enahi:
Hello ballmer, why are y vexing .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Else Lost Network Access On His MTN Mobile Line? / Is Nokia N9 In Nigeria / Save Money This Xmas!!! Swap Your Old Phone With New Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.