Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

How To Make Money Online By Writing For Infoguidenigeria.com: My Experience - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Make Money Online By Writing For Infoguidenigeria.com: My Experience (3604 Views)

Get Paid Just By Writing Articles And Answering Questions / Start Earning Over N9,000 Daily By Writing A Few Articles!!! / Freelance Writers Needed For Immediate Employment At Infoguidenigeria.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Money Online By Writing For Infoguidenigeria.com: My Experience by Nature129(m): 3:53pm On Oct 29, 2015
Hello there! I want to start this piece on how to make money online by writing for infoguidenigeria.com: My Experience by properly introducing myself. My name is xxxxxxx xxxxxx (or the guy who goes by the moniker, Nature129) – yes, I am just like a regular guy who comes on this platform to share his opinion on issues and scout for openings so to expand my financial horizons.

Well, I always visit the social media in search of opportunities because I strongly believe that all opportunities have gone digital. It is not uncommon to see Nairalanders shout at the top of their voices when they get jobs online. That fuelled my Internet addiction!

Okay, being computer literate and ambitious young man who strongly believes in the untapped potentials on the Internet, I felt Nairaland.com had so much to offer. So, I signed up. I kept looking for opportunities until I met Mr. Roberts Ifiokobong. Yes, that was the encounter that would keep me away from scouting for writing opportunities for a long time as well as make me write this piece on how to make money online by writing for infoguidenigeria.com: My Experience

I saw his advert on Nairaland.com seeking competent writers who were very skillful and had good command of English. Well, I was not so sure about the former, but as someone who had gone to school I felt I was good with the latter – so, I gave it a try. The arrangement was that I would be tested and if I passed the test, I would join his company. After the trial, I was able to convince him that I had somewhat good command of English, though I can’t say I was literary skillful. Alas, I got the job!

The initial agreement was that I would write 3 articles daily and get paid on my terms – weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. He made it clearer that weekly pay was N5000, bi-weekly was N10,000 while that of monthly was N20,000. I quickly settled for bi-weekly because it was my preferred choice.

On second thoughts, I figured that a guy who works in Lagos from 8am to 5pm might not have time to write 3 articles daily. Not wanting to disappoint him, I sent him a regret email prompting him of my desire to walk away – citing the reason above. Secondly, I asked Mr. Ifiokobong to pay N15,000 monthly for an article daily which amounts to N7500 at bi-weekly work schedule.

Initially, he didn’t like the idea and replied saying “The package will be difficult for the company to maintain, and that they have a plan as explained above.” Well, that was how everything ended. But after some two weeks I was flabbergasted to receive his email, and I had quickly opened his email on my BlackBerry phone in anxiety to read the content.

Surprisingly, he said if I was still interested that I should indicate, and that he would accept my terms. I was like, “Is this really happening?” I replied immediately to inform him that I was very much interested and showed my profound gratitude to him for accepting my terms. A few days later, I accepted to be writing 2 articles on Weekends alone in appreciation. Hope you are enjoying this piece on how to make money online by writing for infoguidenigeria.com: My Experience. I will continue shortly.

So, I quickly got to work. But at this point, I had a hurdle to surmount: trusting a Nigerian I had never seen. Yes, trust was always going to be an issue. This had bothered me for awhile and I felt I should share it with some friends. Not surprised, the responses I got from my friends were so discouraging. But I never got deterred. Then I thought to myself, “If he refuses to pay me for the work I have done for him, I would not be surprised.” In fact, I would even be surprised if he pays for them because we know how an average Nigerian would always like to swindle the next man and tag him ”mugu.”

In a bid to build my courage and confidence, I told myself “If he refuses to pay you, he has only stolen a few out of millions of works your brain will produce.” Armed with that, I was convinced I was going to do the work - no going back! Apparently, in the quest to show his sincerity, Mr. Ifiokobong asked me not to hesitate to inform him when my pay was due so that my account would be credited at once. In disbelief, I had smiled when I heard those words from him.

I had always expected that the whole writing thing would end whenever we got at that stage. When my first pay was due, I was so surprised to get a credit alert of N7,500 from First Bank. Well, I was so dumb-founded, overwhelmed, and melodramatic at intervals. It came to me as a huge shocker - like that time the world expects nothing good to come out of you and you proved them wrong suddenly.

Well, I sang and danced in triumph. Yes, remember my friends dissuaded me from embarking on the futile and deceptive venture. After a while, I regained my composure. I had quickly put a call to him in excitement. Yes, I thanked him so much and I remember ending the call with, “God bless you, sir.” That singular act made me so proud of him!

Lest I derail which many readers will accuse me of having done already, this piece is on how to make money online by writing for infoguidenigeria.com: My Experience. Well, for a job where people can propose to pay you 10,000 for 50 articles, Mr. Ifiokobong who pays N500 for an article deserves commendation, and if you ask me an applause! *Smiles* The story did not just end there, Mr. Ifiokobong took his time to explain to me things I never knew about writing like SEO, Google AdSense, blogging, web robots, etc. to learn and do a better job which I would still get paid for.

To save time, I have learnt some things by writing for infoguidenigeria.com. I will try to summarise it in this paragraph. Firstly, never stop taking risks. You know, if I had listened to my friends, I would have missed this opportunity. Secondly, never assume that ALL Nigerians are dishonest. Yes, at least I know Mr. Ifiokobong is unique and honours all agreements reached with his freelance writers. Thirdly, money is not everything. Writing for infoguidenigeria.com has made me read things about Nigeria, schools, banks, health, celebrities, the Internet and other subjects that I would not ordinarily read.

Now I can say I am grounded in many subjects I have discussed on infoguidenigeria.com. Finally, Mr. Ifiokobong is flexible and easy to work with. Yes, he accepted my terms by bending the rules of the company, and will also accept yours if you are a good writer.

So, I invite all of you to join the family as openings still exist for interested and qualified writers to be part of this testimony. It is not enough to assume that journalists are paid lots of money and swear never to do smaller jobs. Like I pointed out earlier, "money is not everything." Commercialize your skill. If you go thinking about the monetary aspect, it is not enough – think also of the learning aspect too. It is not enough to read this piece on how to make money online by writing for infoguidenigeria.com: My Experience and not make a move.

To make money online by writing for infoguidenigeria.com, you must be literary skilled, have good command of English, have a computer system or mobile device with Internet access, a functional email address, a bank account and other things. For more information on how to get this job, click on: http://infoguidenigeria.com/career/write-for-us.

You may also want to check my works on the blog:

http://infoguidenigeria.com/apply-chinese-visa-nigeria/

http://infoguidenigeria.com/businesses-in-school/

http://infoguidenigeria.com/improve-insurance-penetration/

4 Likes

Re: How To Make Money Online By Writing For Infoguidenigeria.com: My Experience by Opetech(m): 5:45pm On Oct 29, 2015
Okay
Re: How To Make Money Online By Writing For Infoguidenigeria.com: My Experience by ecoheight: 8:49pm On Oct 29, 2015
Nice report @ Nature129, I am the founder of InfoGuidenigeria.com and I am so happy that you are part of the success story. I think we are going places. Great Job!

More thoughtful writers are needed...

Find out more here... http://infoguidenigeria.com/career/write-for-us.

More grace!

1 Like

Re: How To Make Money Online By Writing For Infoguidenigeria.com: My Experience by obisiv(m): 9:04pm On Oct 29, 2015
I am interested.

500 naira per article?

I am in. I am a graduate of English and Literature. How do I apply?
Re: How To Make Money Online By Writing For Infoguidenigeria.com: My Experience by ecoheight: 11:02pm On Oct 29, 2015
obisiv:
I am interested.

500 naira per article?

I am in. I am a graduate of English and Literature. How do I apply?

Please read the "How to Apply"Section in this page here http://infoguidenigeria.com/career/write-for-us/

Thanks for your interest.
Re: How To Make Money Online By Writing For Infoguidenigeria.com: My Experience by obisiv(m): 7:36pm On Nov 02, 2015
@ecoheight and Nature129, I have registered on the site and logged in. Please how do I post my articles to the blog? How do I submit my account details for payment? I sent an email but got no response.
Re: How To Make Money Online By Writing For Infoguidenigeria.com: My Experience by Sprintson(m): 10:20pm On Nov 03, 2015
I got an email after I registered with list of topics to write on. My question is it all d topics that writing on or any I prefer? How do I paste them on the blog Guess it should be in MS form.
Re: How To Make Money Online By Writing For Infoguidenigeria.com: My Experience by peterjero(m): 3:51am On Nov 04, 2015
More ways to also make money online, download premise data app on playstore register and complete the task you would be paid through paga or use this link http://parttimeduty.com/index.php?ref=20037 register and complete said task and be paid free to join.
Re: How To Make Money Online By Writing For Infoguidenigeria.com: My Experience by okikiosibodu(m): 7:37pm On Aug 30, 2016
OP, I enjoyed reading your article. I have some questions for you. Please kindly reply your email
Re: How To Make Money Online By Writing For Infoguidenigeria.com: My Experience by onitemitope(m): 3:23pm On Apr 27, 2020
It's amazing how this information, which am just stumbling upon five years later, is as important today, as it was then. Better late than never they say.
Re: How To Make Money Online By Writing For Infoguidenigeria.com: My Experience by Ghost200: 12:29pm On Nov 03, 2020
Though this might have been true then but I did not receive any payment of any sort. I also did not want to trust someone I can only contact through email so I offered a test run of my pay to see if he's legit or not after three articles. He agreed and I sent an invoice but he kept ignoring me for months and still yet hasn't paid a dime.... I am only going back to writing for InfoGuide when I know I won't get scammed on payday.... Any other writing sites I can apply?
Re: How To Make Money Online By Writing For Infoguidenigeria.com: My Experience by jaysam28: 11:37am On Jun 22, 2021
i still love infoguide nigeria one of the best sites around https://juicymade.com/
Re: How To Make Money Online By Writing For Infoguidenigeria.com: My Experience by Uchelynwhite(f): 7:14pm On Jun 03, 2022
I would greatly love to work for them. But 500 naira per article containing not less than 1000 words in this modern time is cheating..
How much then is data and the person's effort?? It is not worth it.
I have applied though and if the price is negotiable, then I'm in.

(1) (Reply)

Graduate Trainee At The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) / Startup Nigeria 2019 Application Guidelines (how To Get Fund) / Hurray! Got The Job At CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.