Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,282 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Should APC Senators Have Impeached Ekweremmadu In The Absence Of PDP Senators??? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should APC Senators Have Impeached Ekweremmadu In The Absence Of PDP Senators??? (2813 Views)

40 Reps, 5 Senators Have O’Level Certificates As Their Qualifications / Hausas And Fulanis In Enugu Taking Refuge In Army Barracks - Ekweremmadu / Senator Solomon Adeola Attacks Ekweremmadu Over Comments On Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should APC Senators Have Impeached Ekweremmadu In The Absence Of PDP Senators??? by drake22: 6:30pm On Oct 29, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Something came into my head, as I was rummaging on what transpired on the floor of the senate today.

Do you think APC Senators Miscalculated politically today, by not utilizing the opportunity the absence of their colleagues provided by moving a motion for the impeachment of The Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremmadu? I Guess that was why (Ekweremmadu) didn't take the risk of following his party member in staging the "Walk Out"

lalasticlala
Develish Man. U only think evil
Re: Should APC Senators Have Impeached Ekweremmadu In The Absence Of PDP Senators??? by Mopolchi: 6:34pm On Oct 29, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Something came into my head, as I was rummaging on what transpired on the floor of the senate today.

Do you think APC Senators Miscalculated politically today, by not utilizing the opportunity the absence of their colleagues provided by moving a motion for the impeachment of The Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremmadu? I Guess that was why (Ekweremmadu) didn't take the risk of following his party member in staging the "Walk Out"

lalasticlala
Any plan to impeach my deputy Senate President, I cast and bind you and your thoughts. Tu es kakos ouios.
Re: Should APC Senators Have Impeached Ekweremmadu In The Absence Of PDP Senators??? by FacelessPatriot: 7:06pm On Oct 29, 2015
RichDad1:

Since the APC senators form quorum, a "simple majority" will suffice. coolcool
your ignorance makes one wonder what you are doing in politics section. You need 2/3rd of the house and not a quorum. Please learn but don't forget to quote and thank me
Re: Should APC Senators Have Impeached Ekweremmadu In The Absence Of PDP Senators??? by omolami: 7:10pm On Oct 29, 2015
Impeachment takes a process. Alleged offences must be collated, a judge and a committee set up on these offences and must be found guilty first. Pdp walking away today does not meet the impeachment procedure, it would have an efforts in nullity.

1 Like

Re: Should APC Senators Have Impeached Ekweremmadu In The Absence Of PDP Senators??? by RichDad1(m): 6:44am On Oct 30, 2015
FacelessPatriot:

your ignorance makes one wonder what you are doing in politics section. You need 2/3rd of the house and not a quorum. Please learn but don't forget to quote and thank me
Try to comprehend this:
According to section 50(2)(c) of the 1999 constitution, removal of the Deputy Senate President from office only requires 2/3 votes of the Senate. Considering that it only needs 1/3 members of senators to form a quorum(Section 54(1) of the constitution), the APC senators present may take advantage of any walk-out by PDP senators and move motion for the impeachment of Senator Ekweremadu from office. It only need the blessing of 2/3 members of the Senators present to achieve it.
Re: Should APC Senators Have Impeached Ekweremmadu In The Absence Of PDP Senators??? by lawflec(m): 8:11am On Oct 30, 2015
Politics is beyond the way u all reason... The little advantage available would have been dastardly. If DSP was impeached remember, there re some APC members who would have objected and even though it were successful. Then Saraki is gone. Don't u think Lawal and Akume still nurse their wounds, Tinubu would ha cashed in one vengeful politics with PDP Senators and then impeach Saraki immediately. It was a different scenario when PDP refused to elect one of their own as a senate president. This would have been a die situation for Saraki so he chose to play safe
Re: Should APC Senators Have Impeached Ekweremmadu In The Absence Of PDP Senators??? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 30, 2015
RichDad1:

Since the APC senators form quorum, a "simple majority" will suffice. coolcool

What is an Impeachment??
Re: Should APC Senators Have Impeached Ekweremmadu In The Absence Of PDP Senators??? by osazeeblue01: 10:54pm On Oct 30, 2015
Impeachment so that easy. U think Saraki and some APC members will allow that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's One-day President / Girl, 21, Commits Suicide After Her Masturbating video was leaked Online / PHOTO: Edo Residents Beat Drum Of War, Storms INEC Office In Angry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.