Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,059 members, 7,814,646 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Engineering Firm In Vi Test - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Engineering Firm In Vi Test (34755 Views)

Job Vacancies In A Leading Integrated Engineering Firm / Graduate Jobs In An Engineering Firm In Lagos / Job Vacancies Needed At An Engineering Firm (lagos) NEW!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by kreal: 11:22am On Nov 20, 2015
Guys kindly check Ur invitation and ensure d date and day of d interview tally e.g Thursday 27th instead of Friday 27th. If dere is discrepancies on urs as stated kindly reply back Ur invitation to confirm Ur actual date. Some of my colleagues has done dis and dey av replied dem.
Also for Production Operators like myself... D 28th is it not an environmental day for Lagos as dere used to be on every Saturday ending a month? And d interview is 9am Dat day... I don't know may be dere is no environmental Dat day sha... Pls anybody can help us confirm whether environmental has been canceled for dis month. I av mail dem sha but I av not gotten any response.

1 Like

Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by nobleben80(m): 2:53pm On Nov 20, 2015
We have taken the test and was told that we will hear from them in two weeks time, please house; have any one been contacted or updated about the aptitude test...
Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by Unibentested(m): 3:05pm On Nov 20, 2015
nobleben80:
We have taken the test and was told that we will hear from them in two weeks time, please house; have any one been contacted or updated about the aptitude test...

Ben...Read earlier comments..they have contacted virtually all positions...
Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by nobleben80(m): 6:22pm On Nov 20, 2015
I applied for Mechanical Technician, but no invitation yet, can some one advise me on what to do...
Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by kissoflife: 6:45pm On Nov 20, 2015
nobleben80:
I applied for Mechanical Technician, but no invitation yet, can some one advise me on what to do...

same here, I don't think u did badly and i'm suprised i am not invited too.
Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by tyadelaja: 3:09am On Nov 21, 2015
kreal:
Guys kindly check Ur invitation and ensure d date and day of d interview tally e.g Thursday 27th instead of Friday 27th. If dere is discrepancies on urs as stated kindly reply back Ur invitation to confirm Ur actual date. Some of my colleagues has done dis and dey av replied dem.
Also for Production Operators like myself... D 28th is it not an environmental day for Lagos as dere used to be on every Saturday ending a month? And d interview is 9am Dat day... I don't know may be dere is no environmental Dat day sha... Pls anybody can help us confirm whether environmental has been canceled for dis month. I av mail dem sha but I av not gotten any response.

Thanks for pointing this out man. mine is also Thursday 27th. I will stick with thursday though. but still send the mail as suggested
Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by keleto(m): 8:26pm On Nov 21, 2015
tyadelaja:

Best of luck bro. Got my interview invite yesterday evening but didnt see it till this morning. interview scheduled for Thursday 26th of November. Electrical Technician

Best of luck to everyone

bro. send me ur contact,let's talk
Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by tyadelaja: 10:32pm On Nov 21, 2015
keleto:

bro. send me ur contact,let's talk

please message me on tyadelaja@gmail.com. i will definitely reply
Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by keleto(m): 10:54pm On Nov 21, 2015
tyadelaja:

please message me on tyadelaja@gmail.com. i will definitely reply
could not send u mail. says email incorrect
Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by tyadelaja: 8:46am On Nov 22, 2015
keleto:

could not send u mail. says email incorrect

Ahan.. thats my email na. tyadelaja@gmail.com .. drop yours let me send you a "hi" message
Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by keleto(m): 12:33pm On Nov 22, 2015
tyadelaja:

Ahan.. thats my email na. tyadelaja@gmail.com .. drop yours let me send you a "hi" message

raphdouglas@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by Unibentested(m): 1:29pm On Nov 22, 2015
SolutionsGuy:
Calm down guys. Anxiety will not draw nearer the next stage, neither will it push that further. You will see, you will know.

However, as expected marking is over, approx 200 scripts of mainly multiple choice wouldn't be tough task though. Candidates are being ranked based primarily but not only on test scores. There's a compilation ( don't know if brought to test venue) containing qualifications, bosiet, exp/affiliate, etc. These are weighted with weak bias such that for example Mr A could score 5 points higher than Mr B, but B might be ranked higher for having BOSIET/MSc (for HSE/DDE) or HND for operators/technicians. A couple of guys had PhD though. This method wasn't designed to fail anyone. This exercise was cut out to be highly organized and professionally conducted. Merit is the watchword.

Meanwhile, as indications of the indigenous company in question emerged, people who know people have besieged the company directors pushing for their candidates, even those who didn't take test. Hopefully this will not scuttle the process, at least to a significant level.

As soon as the parties involved conclude arrangements, highest ranking ones would be scheduled for interview/further examinations. Different days for different categories. Successful ones are expected to start Dec/Jan.

I am only privileged to access some information. I do not work for any of the companies and at the same time, I have limitation as to the specifics that I can reveal.

These are current standings and one woman/man can stand and turn around the scenarios at will. So they are not cast on stone.

Good luck everyone. People will be contacted just soon.

Solutions Guy...where you dey na? Wetin make we expect for interview..Any Tips? Your tips have been really helpful...Biko give us Solutions...Cheers Bro
Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by keleto(m): 3:57pm On Nov 22, 2015
solitionsguy, we really need your input this time around.

For electrical and instrumentation. who has any ideal on what we should expect.pls kindly share with us.
Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by SolutionsGuy: 7:38pm On Nov 22, 2015
Unibentested:

Solutions Guy...where you dey na? Wetin make we expect for interview..Any Tips? Your tips have been really helpful...Biko give us Solutions...Cheers Bro

Where I dey? I dey around, I know you'll be going for interview in the coming days. Congrats to the invitees, you did exceptionally well in the test especially. It's funny to expect I will come to enumerate what the interview will entail.

However, get yourself prepared on behavioural-based interview method and what you can bring to the table as a "your position". What makes you different from others, is it your training, design, soft skills, etc?

DDE and HSE candidates should expect a more rigorous interview because they are not going to undergo structured training like others but a crash induction. Also there are a few guys from "nowhere" that have joined the competition. So, be at your best!

The only situation that will warrant calling more people is that significant number of those invited didn't show up for the interview or do perform very poorly.
Best wishes!

1 Like

Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by talent1: 8:40pm On Nov 22, 2015
SolutionsGuy:

Where I dey? I dey around, I know you'll be going for interview in the coming days. Congrats to the invitees, you did exceptionally well in the test especially. It's funny to expect I will come to enumerate what the interview will entail.

However, get yourself prepared on behavioural-based interview method and what you can bring to the table as a "your position". What makes you different from others, is it your training, design, soft skills, etc?

DDE and HSE candidates should expect a more rigorous interview because they are not going to undergo structured training like others but a crash induction. Also there are a few guys from "nowhere" that have joined the competition. So, be at your best!

The only situation that will warrant calling more people is that significant number of those invited didn't show up for the interview or do perform very poorly.
Best wishes!

Dats SolutionsGuy... We really appreciate dis... But Bros did u av idea of number of people Dat is likely to be absorb for each category? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by talent1: 7:03pm On Nov 23, 2015
I think....
DDE and Mechanical Tech... Thursday
HSE and Elect/Instrument... Friday
Production Operator... Saturday
My tot though... Correction acceptable
Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by tyadelaja: 7:25pm On Nov 23, 2015
talent1:
I think....

DDE and Mechanical Tech... Thursday

HSE and Elect/Instrument... Friday

Production Operator... Saturday

My tot though... Correction acceptable

please how long does it take them to respond to mails. My invite (electrical tech) read thursday 27th and i have sent a mail to clarify whether its thursday 26 or friday 27. still anticipating their reply though
Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by talent1: 7:58pm On Nov 23, 2015
tyadelaja:

please how long does it take them to respond to mails. My invite (electrical tech) read thursday 27th and i have sent a mail to clarify whether its thursday 26 or friday 27. still anticipating their reply though

I think I av 2 people (1 instrument... 1 HSE) whose dere date read Thursday 27th and dey av responded to dere mail and dere interview day is Friday... I Instrument tech is Friday and not Thursday(my tot though).

Myself I av mail dem concerning d environmental on Saturday... But till now dey av not responded to my mail.
Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by tyadelaja: 8:08pm On Nov 23, 2015
talent1:

I think I av 2 people (1 instrument... 1 HSE) whose dere date read Thursday 27th and dey av responded to dere mail and dere interview day is Friday... I Instrument tech is Friday and not Thursday(my tot though).

Myself I av mail dem concerning d environmental on Saturday... But till now dey av not responded to my mail.

Hmmm..Thanks for the feedback bro.. i will still await their mail, if not, i will go there on thursday for confirmation and to play safe. to avoid stories that touched the heart that i missed my interview.

As per ur situation, it s dicey o. if you dont get a reply, i will rather you go before environmental and hang around that area. just to be safe.
Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by talent1: 8:31pm On Nov 23, 2015
tyadelaja:

Hmmm..Thanks for the feedback bro.. i will still await their mail, if not, i will go there on thursday for confirmation and to play safe. to avoid stories that touched the heart that i missed my interview.

As per ur situation, it s dicey o. if you dont get a reply, i will rather you go before environmental and hang around that area. just to be safe.

Alright... Beta u do so.

Yea... If I didn't get any response I will av to leave home by 5am so Dat I can be in VI before environmental start. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by Simplemee: 2:00am On Nov 24, 2015
Pls for dos invited for d interview, how can someone get to d venue coming from CMS.
Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by talent1: 5:41am On Nov 24, 2015
Simplemee:
Pls for dos invited for d interview, how can someone get to d venue coming from CMS.

From CMS u will board Eko Hotel... Den u will drop at final bus stop at Eko hotel... just ask around d name of d hotel d interview will b hold u will be directed... Its not too far to Eko hotel Junction... My tot though

What position did you apply for?
Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by talent1: 6:20am On Nov 24, 2015
tyadelaja:

Dey av responded to my mail dis morning ... Check Ur mail too.

1 Like

Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by Simplemee: 10:40am On Nov 24, 2015
talent1:

From CMS u will board Eko Hotel... Den u will drop at final bus stop at Eko hotel... just ask around d name of d hotel d interview will b hold u will be directed... Its not too far to Eko hotel Junction... My tot though

What position did you apply for?

Production Operator. And u @talent1,wat position 2?
Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by talent1: 11:18am On Nov 24, 2015
Simplemee:

Production Operator. And u @talent1,wat position 2?

Production Operator also... Let's share idea... U can send me Ur contact to afeezg@gmail.com.... I av sent u PM as well
Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by tyadelaja: 2:48pm On Nov 24, 2015
talent1:

Dey av responded to my mail dis morning ... Check Ur mail too.

i just settled in to check mails. I saw their reply. Thanks bro.

it seems the people invited self aint much. .. best of luck sha.
Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by talent1: 4:12pm On Nov 24, 2015
tyadelaja:

i just settled in to check mails. I saw their reply. Thanks bro.
it seems the people invited self aint much. .. best of luck sha.
Alright bro... Like how many u think dey invited for each category.
Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by tyadelaja: 9:35am On Nov 25, 2015
talent1:

Alright bro... Like how many u think dey invited for each category.

I dont know oo. for my category, i only know of me and my colleague..then two or three guys that have confirmed they got invite from nairaland.

obviously, there will be some guys that were invited and not on this thread.
Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by talent1: 1:12pm On Nov 25, 2015
tyadelaja:

I dont know oo. for my category, i only know of me and my colleague..then two or three guys that have confirmed they got invite from nairaland.

obviously, there will be some guys that were invited and not on this thread.

K... I think everybody in d same category were given different time of interview... Can u confirm dis?
Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by tyadelaja: 2:02pm On Nov 25, 2015
talent1:

K... I think everybody in d same category were given different time of interview... Can u confirm dis?

Yes, no two people have the same time. i know of three guys (me inclusive) with three different time..meaning going late is a disaster. and the interview is likely to be rigorous.
Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by talent1: 2:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
tyadelaja:

Yes, no two people have the same time. i know of three guys (me inclusive) with three different time..meaning going late is a disaster. and the interview is likely to be rigorous.

K Bros... U dey make me scare wit Ur rigorous ooo..lol
Re: Engineering Firm In Vi Test by talent1: 8:31am On Nov 26, 2015
The d-day has finally come... Wish all success

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

If Your Status Changed From Applicant To Beneficiary You Have Been Selected / Jobs Posted On LINKEDIN / My Incompetence Just Cost Me A Job, I Feel Worthless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.