Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

“religion Has Become Very Oppressive”- Kirk Franklin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / “religion Has Become Very Oppressive”- Kirk Franklin (819 Views)

'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says / How Can A Doctor Believe He Saw D Ghost Of A Patient? Religion Has Killed Naija! / Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“religion Has Become Very Oppressive”- Kirk Franklin by rawglobalnewss: 8:57pm On Oct 29, 2015
Kirk Franklin’s title for his 11th studio album “Losing My Religion” sparked a mixed reaction. Last month, the 45-year-old took to Instagram to reveal the title of the album, writing:

“In the beginning religion created a mask … for generations church was where we went to go hide …. rules without relationship is empty inside. … There’s room at the cross for everyone even me … religion is a prison, but truth sets us free. The preacher isn’t God, religion’s first mistake … I’m losing my religion, Thank God … Helping you lose yours is my job.”

On “Tom Joyner Morning Show”, the Gospel singer explains why he believes people should focus on their relationship with Christ more than anything else.
“Religion, throughout the years, has become a very oppressive thing that doesn’t allow people to get to know the God it was created to try to lead them to. So basically, it’s just like marriage cannot guarantee intimacy, religion doesn’t guarantee relationship,” the recording artist and songwriter said.

“It doesn’t guarantee you’re going to have a loving relationship with God. So God becomes this distant person that’s always pointing at my sins, always beating me up and you never know Him as a friend and as a father.”

Read more from RAW GLOBAL NEWS via http://www.rawglobalnews.com/news/religion-has-become-very-oppressive-kirk-franklin/
Re: “religion Has Become Very Oppressive”- Kirk Franklin by assu2013(m): 9:02pm On Oct 29, 2015
Hmmm
Re: “religion Has Become Very Oppressive”- Kirk Franklin by JOKLEVIZ(m): 9:21pm On Oct 29, 2015
Revelational... #true
Re: “religion Has Become Very Oppressive”- Kirk Franklin by ValerianSteel(m): 9:23pm On Oct 29, 2015
I expect people to bash him for stating the obvious truth.
Re: “religion Has Become Very Oppressive”- Kirk Franklin by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 29, 2015
Focus on Jesus. Leave religion.
Eat spinach. Avoid vegetables.
Eat muffins. Avoid bakeries.

Religion is cancer of the mind. God is a symptom.

I respect Kirk as a musician though. Used to have his albums on audio cassettes.

1 Like

Re: “religion Has Become Very Oppressive”- Kirk Franklin by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 29, 2015
He is getting there but not quite there. He needs to realize he is the God he needs to have a relationship with. Self appreciation is the key.
Re: “religion Has Become Very Oppressive”- Kirk Franklin by delishpot: 9:42pm On Oct 29, 2015
Where are thr daddy GO and papas worshipers? Please come and see this.
Re: “religion Has Become Very Oppressive”- Kirk Franklin by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 29, 2015
Religion is dying out smiley
Re: “religion Has Become Very Oppressive”- Kirk Franklin by johnydon22(m): 9:44pm On Oct 29, 2015

Religion begs for rights when it has none then steps on the rights of others when it gets it.

perhaps uneasy of its own acquisition of humoungous rights and power, it feels it is it's right to trample on the rights of others.

One thing about all this is that, they will be oppressing you at the same time shouting that they are the victims....

1 Like

Re: “religion Has Become Very Oppressive”- Kirk Franklin by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 29, 2015
Re: “religion Has Become Very Oppressive”- Kirk Franklin by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 29, 2015
johnydon22:

One thing about all this is that, they will be oppressing you at the same time shouting that they are the victims....
NL is a perfect case study. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: “religion Has Become Very Oppressive”- Kirk Franklin by johnydon22(m): 7:35am On Oct 30, 2015
musKeeto:
NL is a perfect case study. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Of course bro... it is very obvious...

(1) (Reply)

List Of Top Richest Pastor In D World. Check D List / Reasons Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Valentine’s Day / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/02/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.