Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,843 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

How To Marry A Virgin And Stay Married All Your Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Marry A Virgin And Stay Married All Your Life (2630 Views)

Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? / Oyedepo's Daughter To Marry His Personal Assistant / Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Marry A Virgin And Stay Married All Your Life by huxley(m): 7:56am On May 08, 2009
Are you a single man of marrying age, but despair at the paucity of eligible virgins to marry? Or are you a woman virgin looking for marriage but despair at the high divorce rates in the society? Well, despair no longer. For God foresaw your situation thousands of years ago and prescribed a solution for such a problem in His Holy book, the bible. Turn your bibles to Deut 22: 28,

If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

Now to guarantee that this method would work for you, you have to arrange for the following:

1) Your prospective wife, who is a virgin, is not already engage to someone else. It does not matter whether she like/loves you.

2) That the raping of your prospective wife is discovered

3) That you have fifty shekels of silver to pay your prospective father-in-law.

That is the foolproof recipe for marrying a virgin of your choice whether she like it or not. One of the other advantages of this approach is that it would cut down on the high divorce rates we see in today's society. In fact, the Christian divorce rates (circa 30%) is much higher than other groups and failure to follow this biblical guidelines maybe partly responsible for such a high divorce rate. So, I have got this message for the Christian virgin looking for a long term marriage without divorce in the biblical way:

If you find yourself being raped by a Christian brother (or anyone for that matter) do not resist the rape. Shout as loud as you can to raise an alert, then introduce the rapist to your father. At which point your father will do all the rest for your beautiful and loving marriage.
Re: How To Marry A Virgin And Stay Married All Your Life by tudor(m): 9:46am On May 08, 2009
Only 50 shekels of silver,sounds like a bargain to me,
Re: How To Marry A Virgin And Stay Married All Your Life by banom(m): 11:01am On May 08, 2009
huxley:

Are you a single man of marrying age, but despair at the paucity of eligible virgins to marry? Or are you a woman virgin looking for marriage but despair at the high divorce rates in the society? Well, despair no longer. For God foresaw your situation thousands of years ago and prescribed a solution for such a problem in His Holy book, the bible. Turn your bibles to Deut 22: 28,

If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

Now to guarantee that this method would work for you, you have to arrange for the following:

1) Your prospective wife, who is a virgin, is not already engage to someone else. It does not matter whether she like/loves you.

2) That the raping of your prospective wife is discovered

3) That you have fifty shekels of silver to pay your prospective father-in-law.

That is the foolproof recipe for marrying a virgin of your choice whether she like it or not. One of the other advantages of this approach is that it would cut down on the high divorce rates we see in today's society. In fact, the Christian divorce rates (circa 30%) is much higher than other groups and failure to follow this biblical guidelines maybe partly responsible for such a high divorce rate. So, I have got this message for the Christian virgin looking for a long term marriage without divorce in the biblical way:

If you find yourself being raped by a Christian brother (or anyone for that matter) do not resist the rape. Shout as loud as you can to raise an alert, then introduce the rapist to your father. At which point your father will do all the rest for your beautiful and loving marriage.

@ Huxley,
1, can i RAPE three virgins with 150 shekels of silver ?
2, Will my prospective father inlaw give me discount? ( sinse i am raping three).
3, What if after raping , i found out that the girls are not virgins ? will my prospective father in law compensate me for disappointment ?
Re: How To Marry A Virgin And Stay Married All Your Life by huxley(m): 10:38pm On May 08, 2009
banom:

@ Huxley,
1, can i RAPE three virgins with 150 shekels of silver ?
2, Will my prospective father inlaw give me discount? ( sinse i am raping three).

Of course you can, but a better bet would be to rape all three virgins from the same family. That way you could gain some economies of scale and become eligible from a discount from the family for taking all three virgins off their hands. I would not offer more that about 105 shekels.

banom:

3, What if after raping , i found out that the girls are not virgins ? will my prospective father in law compensate me for disappointment ?

Oh yes. If I were you I would press charges under the deceptive sale of goods act.
Re: How To Marry A Virgin And Stay Married All Your Life by tpiah: 1:25am On May 09, 2009
Huxley and his disciples

if you like, go rape someone's daughter and wait for her family to pat you on the back.
Re: How To Marry A Virgin And Stay Married All Your Life by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 02, 2010
Huxley. What is it with u&virgins?
Re: How To Marry A Virgin And Stay Married All Your Life by DeepSight(m): 6:23pm On May 02, 2010
What is interesting to note is that no cognsable punishment is prescribed for the outright rapist.

Ridiculously, in the event that a woman commits a sexual indiscretion, she is to be stoned to death.

Unspeakable double-standards set simply by a patriachial primitive society dedicated to gender apartheid.

Unfortunatley Saudi Arabia, the bastion of Islam, is still at this most primitive stage in terms of its psycological and social development.
Re: How To Marry A Virgin And Stay Married All Your Life by karo93: 6:31pm On May 02, 2010
in those days an unmarried non-virgin was a second class lady so to prevent the girl from living with that stigma it was better for her to get married to the rapist than having him killed.

also getting married leaves to you the responsibility of catering for her and her children to come and that is a lot added to what you already have thus it was a deterrent to curb the activities of rapists.

it seems that you would prefer the virgin to be raped and dumped leaving her as a used property.
Re: How To Marry A Virgin And Stay Married All Your Life by DeepSight(m): 6:57pm On May 02, 2010
^^^ The foregoing is primitive, barbaric, uncivilized, undemocratic, se.xist, discriminatory, reprehensible, appalling, culturally mis-footed, criminal in its entirety, misogynistic, uncultured, ill-thought and altogether an embarrasment for a rational mind.

You propose that a rapist should be rewarded by entitlement to keep the victim as his wife permanently.

I am not aware that I have ever heard such a sinister or anarchic propostion in all my life.

It is all the more deplorable as this proposition comes forth from a supposed Christian.

Who in the world should ever recommend to ANYBODY a man with rapist tendencies as a husband ? ? ? ?

In such a society if I am in love with a woman who spurns my attentions, all i need to do is RA, PE her, and viola! - she is compelled to be my wife permanently.

In whatever age, the fact remains that it was absolutely untenable - especially as female se.xu.al indiscretions were punished by death through stoning.

And you dare state that given the context a man who RA.PES a virgin, should receive nothing but the exclusive entitlement to keep such a woman as his permanent wife.
Re: How To Marry A Virgin And Stay Married All Your Life by karo93: 7:06pm On May 02, 2010
^^^^
your post got me laughing but you should know that before i posted that i could reason that there was no better alternative especially in a predominantly male society as it was then.

then,the woman had no say in who her husband was to be.the society was sexist and i posted as it was in the society and not my opinion
Re: How To Marry A Virgin And Stay Married All Your Life by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 02, 2010
Karo nice response from u.
How i wish to know u beyond Nl&chat on Religious&other matters. Could that be possible?
karo93:

^^^^
your post got me laughing but you should know that before i posted that i could reason that there was no better alternative especially in a predominantly male society as it was then.

then,the woman had no say in who her husband was to be.the society was sexist and i posted as it was in the society and not my opinion

Re: How To Marry A Virgin And Stay Married All Your Life by Romeo4real(m): 9:23pm On May 05, 2010
@ Deep Sight - Read you Bible in context, and stop spouting tosh. It is people like you, who go to foreign lands, and judge the inhabitants with your misplaced western ideals, pouring scorn on their way of life, because you think yours is better.

The same Bible verses regarding the Law of Sexual Immorality advocate punishing a man who slanders his wife's reputation, stoning to death of both men and women, death of a man who despoils a woman in a countryside. I see you are not up in arms about stoning in general; just of women.
It is in the same book that condemns intimacy between relatives, sleeping with your fathers wife. It is the same book that advocates a newly married man staying with his wife for a least a year before going to war; in order to make her happy, and many many more. I don't see you shouting how archaic and deplorable these things are.

In those days, a woman's honour was paramount and Men only married virgins, who were supposed to be pure and chaste. Consequently, a disvirgined woman would be unable to find a husband, and would be stigmatised.  By forcing the man who despoiled her to marry her (as no one else would marry her), it was to ensure she did not become an outcast in the society, also as a punishment to the man as he is forced to confront his shame.

READ IN CONTEXT.
Re: How To Marry A Virgin And Stay Married All Your Life by alasdair: 4:51pm On Sep 20, 2010
Only a virgin or a chaste widow(er) should expect to have a virgin. Others, leave the virgins for the virgins.
The Levites were commanded to marry virgins only. The Levites were the tribe of Israel that supplied the priests and deacons (assistants to the priests) to the national worship in the tabernacle (portable temple) and the temple.
The Scripture says that all Christians (men and women - there is no male and female in Christ, spiritually) are "kings and priests," so this should be taken as an expression of God's will for us today.
Those serving as elders (actual word in Greek: ἐπίσκοπον = bishop, overseer) and deacons (assistants to the elders; Greek: διάκονοι) are to be married to one wife (Gk.: μία γυνή = one woman/wife) (I Timothy 3:2, 12; Titus 1:6). As in that period men (among the Jews) were permitted to have more than one wife, this restricts elders and deacons to those men who are not polygamists. As Jesus had abolished Moses' "sufferance" of divorce and remarriage, which was given only to Israel and further only to the hard of heart (unforgiving) among them, those men who had divorced under Moses' law, some of whom likely were still living at the time of these writings, were likewise prohibited from the eldership and deaconate.
We men should all try to be as qualified for the leadership as we can, so those who have not fornicated should limit their marriage prospects to fellow chaste women: virgins and chaste widows.
Culpable loss of virginity is the consideration here. A woman who has been forcibly violated should not be looked on as "soiled" or "used goods."
Certainly there is repentance and forgiveness of sin. A man or woman who has willfully fornicated can repent and live righteously. But the body is still in a condition of having been "used" for an immoral purpose. Marriage is a thing of this life, not of eternity. The body will be done away and new bodies suited to eternal life will be supplied (I Corinthians 15:52).
Any nonvirgin is very unwise to falsely represent him(her)self as a virgin to anyone who is a marriage prospect. This includes allowing a prospective mate to reasonably assume that one is a virgin: failing to inform that person of the truth. Naturally widows and widowers do not need to bring up the matter, as it is a given that they are not virgins. If they have been unchaste, however, this should not be concealed.

(1) (Reply)

The Symbolism Of Nigeria’s Recent Economic Deals With China. / No Be Me Kill Jesus: Man Seen Eating During A Church Service / Christmas Carol Songs Lyrics, (images And Videos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.