Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,493 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? (6241 Views)

Is It A Sin Not To Want Kids? / Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? / Oyedepo's Daughter To Marry His Personal Assistant (2) (3) (4)

Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by taniboo: 5:56pm On Feb 05, 2012
i dont know if it sounds odd to want to marry a pastor,or someone who has deep love for God.
i have come to a phase in my life where God means so much to me, and feel like i myself even ought to be a pastor,i would love to meet and marry a man who saturates himself with the word of God, loves to worship and spend time in Gods presence.

Sadly, most men these days would prefer to linger around unholiness,alcohol,clubs,jazz,filthy things, and ladies. undecided so i dont know if my dream of meeting a holy man would ever come to pass.

God works in mysterious ways,and even tho i get alot of attention from men who seem worldly,i always feel like theres still someone special out there. undecided

what do you feel about this? do you really care if your spouse loves God or not?would you prefer if they loved God more?id love to hear your opinions.
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by God2man(m): 11:44pm On Feb 05, 2012
It is a good thing to marry a pastor, provided it is the will of God for your life. You must be careful of some people that pretend to be a christian with their way of life,but inwardly, they are ravenous wolf. They are plenty in all churches, so, only the deep calleth unto the deep. It means you need a spiritual eyesight to discover your God given man. The man may be around, but because of his present situation, you may not see him,you will be looking at the wrong person. Pray for God's favour, it is important. How do you walk in that arena of God's favour. You must be a lover and friend of God. Pray hard. Fast often. Be obedient to the things of God. Be addicted to those things that will make God to shake your hands in the dream. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by Goshen360(m): 11:48pm On Feb 05, 2012
^^^ You are right. God looks at the inward but man look on the outside.
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by 2mch(m): 11:50pm On Feb 05, 2012
Do you get excited during collection time? undecided wink

Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by OmoPastor(m): 11:52pm On Feb 05, 2012
Marrying a pastor is a calling. Its not meant for just anyone. That you desire it is not wrong but you must pray very well about it cos its a totally different ball game and you must be very vigilant and careful.
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by manmustwac(m): 10:51am On Feb 06, 2012
I believe you are a deeply religious person who wants to marry a pastor because you believe it will bring you closer to God. One thing you have to ask yourself about your (potential pastor) future partner is did he become a pastor because of God's calling or did he become a pastor because of the love of money?

If he's a stingy man and superstitious prayers is the only assistance he chooses to offer his poor congregation when they are in financial need even though he is making bucket loads of cash from thier offerings then he is not a genuine man of god but just another wolf in sheep's clothing like 99.9% of them.
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by victorazy(m): 11:45am On Feb 06, 2012
How can you come out to say u want to marry a pastor, or are u sent by d evil ones to go and destroy a pastor?
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by tpia5: 12:01pm On Feb 06, 2012
Good question.
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by DisGuy: 3:55pm On Feb 06, 2012
no, just a guaranted life really---- always employed!

pastors love God, love the ladies and are employed--- all three checked

go for it
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by sirp2007: 3:57pm On Feb 06, 2012
Who is a pastor?what is ur defination of pastor?if he stop being a pastor affect marriage will u divorce him?would u have married PAUL when he was SAUL?
dont mind me,am just been curious,
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by PastorKun(m): 4:06pm On Feb 06, 2012
Most people who claim to love God, pastors inclusive are just mere hypocrites and lovers of themselves. They assume that being religious and active in church equals loving God but the bible makes it clear you can only Love God whom you don't see if you Love those around you. So my dear if you genuinely want to marry a man that loves God (not necessarily a pastor) you must be ready to marry a man love genuinely loves other people and you as a wife must also be ready to love others and keep the doors of your home open to those in need with a view to helping them. If you are not ready to do this, you have to ask yourself if you geniunely love God or you are also just a religious person.
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by Lasinoh: 4:20pm On Feb 06, 2012
You mean like Pastor "Odulele" or Bishop "Eddy Long Tin"? grin
Oh dia!!! We all now know it is berra to marry a Catholic priest for sure.
Tufiakwa! cry
I find them not only boring, but bush and reetarded. Extremely nauseating creatures.
Blood of Satan!!!

Tufiakwa I say!!! cry
Send me to hell instead. That would be one of the worst things to live with in this already challanging world.
Not my portion!!!!!
Kai!!!!

They can't phock shyte too! Unless it is somebarry else's wife or a child's anus!
Then the spirit will surely move their dead blokoses or annointed poosies!
Tufiakwa! cry
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 06, 2012
lasinoh u are realy sick God hav place a curse on ur rotten head.
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 06, 2012
Erm you have to be lead by the spirit to embark on such a journey. If you are NOT a church lover, you can't possibly wanna marry a pastor. Your marriage will fail and people might get hurt.

Use a blackberyy? Add me on BBM. Pin:26BE3874!! Everybody's welcome wink  grin
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by Lasinoh: 4:32pm On Feb 06, 2012
niyi20:

lasinoh u are realy sick God hav place a curse on ur rotten head.

Thank you!
But I thank your god I am not like 'perv' your NL lazarus.
Go and beg your god to heal that curse first! kiss
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 06, 2012
taniboo:

i dont know if it sounds odd to want to marry a pastor,or someone who has deep love for God.
i have come to a phase in my life where God means so much to me, and feel like i myself even ought to be a pastor,i would love to meet and marry a man who saturates himself with the word of God, loves to worship and spend time in Gods presence.

Sadly, most men these days would prefer to linger around unholiness,alcohol,clubs,jazz,filthy things, and ladies. undecided so i dont know if my dream of meeting a holy man would ever come to pass.

God works in mysterious ways,and even tho i get alot of attention from men who seem worldly,i always feel like theres still someone special out there. undecided

what do you feel about this? do you really care if your spouse loves God or not?would you prefer if they loved God more?id love to hear your opinions.

have seen a pastor yet?

If you have, you both should pray about it, chikina

If you haven't then ask the holy spirit to order your step to the 'right' Godly man not pastor per se as you wish.
the rest na holy spirit work,

Please refrain from world folks, they will dilute your fire,

God Bless you Sister.
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by Kaygeminix(f): 4:56pm On Feb 06, 2012
[size=12ipt]its a good thing [/size]
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by gempo(m): 4:58pm On Feb 06, 2012
You should be looking at a person's heart and not his profession or career or whatever. Who told you some pastors don't have skeletons in the cupboard.
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by abhosts(m): 5:00pm On Feb 06, 2012
@OP

There are lots of men that posses those attributes you highlighted and most of them are not necessarily Pastors. Tons Christian men out there also share your mindset regarding the kind of spouse they want. Pray for God's Favour to connect you to the right person.
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by taniboo: 5:38pm On Feb 06, 2012
Thanks for all the replies.

For those that asked if i want to marry a pastor bcuz of money,well no!

if i want to honestly describe the love i have for God, it truly cannot be described. it is beyond words, and even though i have a full time job that is very tasky,i still try to find a few minutes each day at work to just worship Him.

the reason why id prefer to marry a pastor is because i do have a prophetic calling from God ,which im slowly but surely starting to answer. (some people might ask me what is a prophetic calling from God), it means that God has called me to be a Pastor to minister healing, deliverance and alot more to those who are in bondage. My job doesnt allow me obtain my full potential although my work colleagues have already encountered God through this call.

i would prefer a man who knows God and loves him as much as i do. Although God is the ultimate planner, His plans supercedes any plans and wishes i may think is best for me.He knows what is best for each of us,therefore i am trusting in him to bring forth the best man for me. grin

Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by dayokanu(m): 5:45pm On Feb 06, 2012
hmmmm
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by Lasinoh: 5:50pm On Feb 06, 2012
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by taniboo: 5:56pm On Feb 06, 2012
surely, there are wolves in sheep clothing. no doubt about that, but then again, there are genuine ones.
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by tampa1871: 5:57pm On Feb 06, 2012
taniboo:

Thanks for all the replies.

For those that asked if i want to marry a pastor bcuz of money,well no!

if i want to honestly describe the love i have for God, it truly cannot be described. it is beyond words, and even though i have a full time job that is very tasky,i still try to find a few minutes each day at work to just worship Him.

the reason why id prefer to marry a pastor is because i do have a prophetic calling from God ,which im slowly but surely starting to answer. (some people might ask me what is a prophetic calling from God), it means that God has called me to be a Pastor to minister healing, deliverance and alot more to those who are in bondage. My job doesnt allow me obtain my full potential although my work colleagues have already encountered God through this call.

i would prefer a man who knows God and loves him as much as i do. Although God is the ultimate planner, His plans supercedes any plans and wishes i may think is best for me.He knows what is best for each of us,therefore i am trusting in him to bring forth the best man for me.  grin

Psalm 25:12 "Who, then, is the man that fears the LORD? He will instruct him in the way chosen for him." God will send your own man to you in due curse in Jesus name.
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by dreamtrue(m): 6:21pm On Feb 06, 2012
Taniboo,,
MAY GOD GRANT YOUR HEART DESIRE. YOU CAN ADD ME ON FACEBOOK LET TALK. ADD ME ON: Pst Samuel Kalu or fb page: pstsamuelkel.shepherdworld
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by dreamtrue(m): 6:25pm On Feb 06, 2012
sorry search for: Pst Samuel Kelechi or pstsamuelkel.shepherdworld
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by touchmeder: 7:28pm On Feb 06, 2012
It does not have to be a pastor. alot of spiritually, God loving brothers who are not pastors nor do they have a calling.
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by tpia5: 7:41pm On Feb 06, 2012
You have prophetic ministry and pastoral ministry but so far on this thread you're yet to drop a single bible verse to support yourself or your stand with.

Hmm, o ga.

Oh well, like attracts like.

You can marry a pastor but dont think you can f.ool God.
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by taniboo: 8:01pm On Feb 06, 2012
tpia@:

You have prophetic ministry and pastoral ministry but so far on this thread you're yet to drop a single bible verse to support yourself or your stand with.

Hmm, o ga.

Oh well, like attracts like.

You can marry a pastor but dont think you can f.ool God.

Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by tlops(m): 8:36pm On Feb 06, 2012
are you looking for pastor to marry on NL? Better go to church and you'll find a pastor but make sure he is not married oh! lol
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by modavi: 9:17pm On Feb 06, 2012
no.just dat u need to know that being a pastor's wife is not just to answer the name but to also help in his ministry---it is not any easy task;u need to really be strong and very prayerful cos u will meet with much challenges. u must really be prepared to carry the cross with ur husband. smiley
Re: Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? by obyphy: 10:31pm On Feb 06, 2012
If you have a prophetic calling then it is best for you to wait on God to reveal the way according to God's word.

Bible enjoins us in 2 Corinthians 6:14
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

If you are as spiritually disposed to as you claim then you must beware lest satan transform an evil man as an angel of light and destroy that which God has committed unto you. You have to pray seriously and sincerely for the grace to be discerning especially when it comes to marraige. If it means remaining alone, then you may have to pray to God for the grace to recieve.

concerning the prophetic call, please make sure you make the Bible your constant companion for out of it proceed the issues of life. That is the only way you will combat deception, delusions and heresies.

God bless you.

What Reasons Made You Start Doubting Religion(s) And Then God(s) / What Are Jesus's Core Moral Teachings And Which Are Unique To Him / The Abner Lesson

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49