Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio (4837 Views)

Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff / Why We Walked Out Of Meeting With Nigerian Govt – NLC / Saraki's Lawyers Walked Out On Tribunal (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by aproko247: 11:35pm On Oct 29, 2015
Members of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the upper legislative chamber of the National Assembly have explained why they staged a walk out on Thursday following the confirmation of former Rivers Governor, Rotimi Amaechi as Minister of the Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria against the recommendations of the Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions by the Senate President, Bukola Saraki.

The lawmakers, speaking through their leader in the Senate, Godswill Akpabio, who is the Minority Leader, told newsmen shortly after incident that they were against the abuse of the rule of law.

Akpabio stressed that there was nothing wrong if Amaechi’s confirmation was suspended as recommended by the Ethics Committee, pending when issues against him were cleared.

He disclosed that the ruling party, All Progressives Congress, APC, and its members were not being sincere with their promise to fight corruption, declaring that the PDP would not be part of any action against the Nigerian people and the constitution.

“The issues brought against the nominee were issues that were brought upon the Senate. The majority party felt there was no need to comply with the law and it would have been a good idea to allow the Senate to go into the matter and we will not partake in that type of thing,” Akpabio told journalists in Abuja on Thursday.

He said it was embarrassing and shameful for the country to watch the Senate in chaos over issues of such importance, stating that the APC chose to shun due process against the wish of the Nigerians.

http://www.aproko247.com/2015/10/29/why-we-walked-out-on-saraki-akpabio/

3 Likes

Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by 4reala(m): 11:38pm On Oct 29, 2015
O Yes, I support ur action 100% cool

Any seconder Abeg click like jare grin

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by BlackrulesDworld(m): 11:40pm On Oct 29, 2015
Your walking out didn't stopped the man from being confirmed. Shame on PDP!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by i8sins(m): 11:41pm On Oct 29, 2015
U wey take ur legs waka comot, go carry d 2 legs come again. U better do normal b4 BlueHarry witch hunt u too.

1 Like

Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by theV0ice: 11:44pm On Oct 29, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Who were those that walked out because of corruption?

Was Buruji Kashamu there?

Was Joshua Dariye there?

Was Stella Oduah there?

Did Theodore Orji also walk out?

Did Akpabio himself also walk out?

People dey walk out because of corruption, PDP chieftains sef dey claim walkout. angry

I hope they never walk back into that chamber cool

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by kesprime(m): 11:44pm On Oct 29, 2015
Imagine akpabio indirectly calling amaechi corrupt... akpabio that is d king of kworuption...lol

13 Likes

Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by Miracle4Sure: 11:44pm On Oct 29, 2015
That's PDP problem.......Ameachi don become senator

4 Likes

Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by divinehand2003(m): 11:48pm On Oct 29, 2015
Ahhhhhh
PDP, history will forever remember how you installed
Senator Obanikoro during Oga Jona's government even in the midst of opposition from APC.
It's payback time.
Sorry , you may have to live with it

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by Pavore9: 11:49pm On Oct 29, 2015
All these politicians are the same.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by momonny: 11:59pm On Oct 29, 2015
theV0ice:

Was Joshua Dariye there?

Was Stella Oduah there?

People dey walk out because of corruption, PDP chieftains sef dey claim walkout. angry

my brother hypocrisy of the highest order. Imagine defender of Nigerians, those who have curruption written on their forehead wonders they say shall never end.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by Engrczar(m): 12:02am On Oct 30, 2015
Noted
Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by Nobody: 12:11am On Oct 30, 2015
like seriously who gives a sh*it why you walked out. Nigerians are praying that you guys stage a walk out out of their lives permanently.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by bishop88: 12:16am On Oct 30, 2015
Shame they nor get and sense them nor wan get too. thieves callin pple thieves

5 Likes

Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by Owoloku1: 1:49am On Oct 30, 2015
These people are now claiming to obey the Nigerian law as well as fight for its citizens after milking us dry bah.... Chai

They should not forget diarrisgod sha

BTW even if they like let them run, hop, fly, swim, roll or even saunter out sef WE don't care about them anymore!!!!!! angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by PRYCE(m): 2:07am On Oct 30, 2015
Miracle4Sure:
That's PDP problem.......Ameachi don become senator
Lol! Senator ke? Who born am?
Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by Nobody: 2:11am On Oct 30, 2015
glorified thiefs I guess.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:34am On Oct 30, 2015
Well, Saraki has used and dumped PDP

2 Likes

Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by tpiah11: 2:42am On Oct 30, 2015
as soon as they share money reach me, I'll have an opinion.
Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by tunshe: 2:53am On Oct 30, 2015
BlackrulesDworld:
Your walking out doesn't stopped the man from being confirmed. Shame on PDP!

Your mistakes did not stop you from getting "likes".

2 Likes

Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by asanchez(m): 3:24am On Oct 30, 2015
Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by omenka(m): 4:34am On Oct 30, 2015
theV0ice:

Was Joshua Dariye there?

Was Stella Oduah there?

Imagine Akpabio. Imagine David Mark. Imagine Jonah Jang, Imagine THEODORE Froggy Eyes ORJI et al claiming to stage a walk out "because a nominee is allegedly enmeshed in a corruption allegation".

Have they forgotten that their Senate president is currently facing same at CCT and they openly show support for him by filling behind him and tagging along, displaying very high levels of Abobakuous loyalty, whenever he went to the tribunal?? Why do they keep attending sittings presided over by him on the floor of the Red Chambers instead of staying at home pending when CCT dispense with the case against him

Look ehn, these things called PDP Senators are in desperate need of some brain transplant.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by Babzrockman: 4:37am On Oct 30, 2015
Coward opposition.

1 Like

Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by omenka(m): 4:43am On Oct 30, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Well, Saraki has used and dumped PDP
Much the same way you allegedly used and dumped the Igbos on the forum.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:50am On Oct 30, 2015
omenka:
Much the same way you allegedly used and dumped the Igbos on the forum.
I have been ignoring you for long despite your continuous nuisance to my mention because I believe that the best treatment for fools is SILENCE. Please, don't mistake my silence on your folly for weakness or cowardice. My decision to honour you with a reply this time is to fulfil your fantasy of having conversation with me. This privilege you may not see after now.

Get off my track Mr man and don't bother replying because I won't hesitate to serve you the best delicacy for fools....SILENCE!!!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by omenka(m): 5:44am On Oct 30, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I have been ignoring you for long despite your continuous nuisance to my mention because I believe that the best treatment for fools is SILENCE. Please, don't mistake my silence on your folly for weakness or cowardice. My decision to honour you with a reply this time is to fulfil your fantasy of having conversation with me. This privilege you may not see after now.

Get off my track Mr man and don't bother replying because I won't hesitate to serve you the best delicacy for fools....SILENCE!!!
Says the vagabond with an utterly malleable conscience. "Fantasy about a convo with you"?? Hell! Keep riding on your delusions of grandeur, that much is your prerogative. But make no mistakes, you are but one tiny little scuff on my muccasine.

You represent every single imperfection in the character of the average Nigerian youth above all of which is an auctionable loyalty. Your fall from grace was very much expected since, as a favourite Italian Mafia adage says, a dog with two masters soon dies of starvation.

Take your time to do some serious soul searching now that it appears you've taken a break off churning out one idiotic epistle after another. You've still got time to learn a lot about character, but the sooner you figure yourself out, the better for you and yours.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by Warlord3000(m): 5:51am On Oct 30, 2015
Gosh... Hilarious...

Pdp walking out.... End time cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by RockMaxi: 5:54am On Oct 30, 2015

Everything stage managed to save saraki from the rope on his neck. APC is the loser. angry
Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by Balkan(m): 5:54am On Oct 30, 2015
It's a show of shame. Buhari is a failure. It's now proven that the legislators are tools for the executive.
Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by rafeelly(m): 5:55am On Oct 30, 2015
like if they started sharing money in the chamber they would not fly back... ndi ara
Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by Day169: 5:56am On Oct 30, 2015
"Why we walked out"? .."We just realised how bitter the medicine we made APC swallow, during Musiliu Obanikoro's screening was, and just couldn't take it"!
Mtschew!

1 Like

Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by Nobody: 6:08am On Oct 30, 2015
grin
Re: Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio by wallex1983(m): 6:12am On Oct 30, 2015
Gentlemen of the press, actually we walked out because the guy is becoming too much for us. The more we intimidate him, the more we lose. Hence, we all want to go to portharcout and console wike

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Was There No Protest In Any Of The 19 Northern States? / Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems / PROF Kingsley Moghalu Assures Nigerians That His Presidency Will Restore Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.