Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Obasanjo Pays Homage To New Ooni In Ife(pictured) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Pays Homage To New Ooni In Ife(pictured) (1591 Views)

Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched / Late Maitama Sule: Obasanjo Pays Condolence Visit To Kano Governor, Ganduje / Obasanjo Pays Condolence Visit To The Awolowos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Pays Homage To New Ooni In Ife(pictured) by HungerBAD: 4:48am On Oct 30, 2015
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Wednesday visited Ile-Ife, Osun state to pay homage to the Ooni-elect, Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi.

He said the mood at Ile Ife showed tremendous acceptance for the new monarch, who he urged to build on the progress made by the past Oonis, including Aderemi, Olubusi and others.

Obasanjo who spoke with newsmen in Abeokuta on Wednesday night, said his visit was necessitated by tight schedule outside of Nigeria, which might not make it possible for him to see the new Ooni-elect before going into the traditional (Ipebi) seclusion.

"My coming today is coming on the heels of my tight programme. By 6.00am tomorrow, I will be in Morocco and by that time, the new Ooni would have gone into Ipebi. Since he has been accepted by the Obalufe and the Sooko, I thought it is important to pay homage before going to Ipebi and that is exactly what I have done today."

Obasanjo advised the new monarch thus: "it is obvious from the jubilation in Ife that he is a popular choice. My advice for him is to build on the edifice of the past Ooni, including Aderemi and Olubusi. I saw him as a young man, who has been very enthusiastic about contributing to the growth of his people. So I am equally expecting him to show greater enthusiasm for the development of his domain.

"He should ensure that he brings unity among the traditional rulers in Yorubaland and I want to wish successes in this journey."

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/obasanjo-pays-homage-to-new-ooni-in-ife/116940.html

Seun,Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Pays Homage To New Ooni In Ife(pictured) by Ilaje44(m): 4:53am On Oct 30, 2015
Great advice! Ajobi a gbe ori ade o. Ilosiwaju li a o ma ri nile kaaro-o-jiire o.

The Oba-elect seems very tall. I see now why so many girls are so obsessed about being his olori.

@Seun, Lalasticlala: Please do the front-page needful, because Oba ti san ojo o.
Re: Obasanjo Pays Homage To New Ooni In Ife(pictured) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:59am On Oct 30, 2015
Ilaje44:
Great advice. Ajobi a gbe ori ade o. The Oba-elect seems very tall. I see now why so many girls are so obsessed to be his olori.
Bros, even if he's short and very fat, girls will still fantasize being his Olori.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Pays Homage To New Ooni In Ife(pictured) by cremedelacreme: 5:01am On Oct 30, 2015
grin
Re: Obasanjo Pays Homage To New Ooni In Ife(pictured) by juman(m): 5:15am On Oct 30, 2015
When yorubas were called to lead the country as president, yorubas led the country to more turmoil.

Eight years of senselessness.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Pays Homage To New Ooni In Ife(pictured) by otabuko(m): 5:32am On Oct 30, 2015
No insults meant... I hate this OBJ, I pray the ooni live long, rule from God given senses and not be deceived by people like this Waka Waka politicians...
Re: Obasanjo Pays Homage To New Ooni In Ife(pictured) by Warlord3000(m): 6:01am On Oct 30, 2015
This is quite nice of him...

Tradition must be sustained

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Pays Homage To New Ooni In Ife(pictured) by Phame: 6:19am On Oct 30, 2015
I just like the way the headscarf was tied around the ooni's head. You might not know what it means to tie a scarf like that, but I know.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Pays Homage To New Ooni In Ife(pictured) by Phame: 6:21am On Oct 30, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Bros, even if he's short and very fat, girls will still fantasize being his Olori.

e be like say the guy no know gals. Once you are there, they flock around you.

Barcanista , it seems you are a short man. undecided I de suspect you from this ur post.
Re: Obasanjo Pays Homage To New Ooni In Ife(pictured) by Phame: 6:24am On Oct 30, 2015
juman:
That obasanjo is a disgrace to yoruba people, he fucckk up nigeria big time.

When yorubas were called to lead the country as president, yorubas led the country to more turmoil.

ju, sharrap. What did your ijaw god you supported last time do as president?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Pays Homage To New Ooni In Ife(pictured) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:35am On Oct 30, 2015
Phame:
e be like say the guy no know gals. Once you are there, they flock around you.

Barcanista , it seems you are a short man. undecided I de suspect you from this ur post.
LÓl... No reason am o! I no short grin
Re: Obasanjo Pays Homage To New Ooni In Ife(pictured) by idu1(m): 6:50am On Oct 30, 2015
I dream to be a king.....
Re: Obasanjo Pays Homage To New Ooni In Ife(pictured) by kennybabs1980: 7:18am On Oct 30, 2015
juman:
That obasanjo is a disgrace to yoruba people, he fucckk up nigeria big time.

you too knows very well that you are a disgrace to your father's house and humanity
Re: Obasanjo Pays Homage To New Ooni In Ife(pictured) by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 30, 2015
Ogoro face obj do make you come pay your Homage give the new olu of Warri..

(1) (Reply)

Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. / Suicide Bomber Hits Muslim Procession In Kano / IPOB Elders Message To FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.