Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,990 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo (7530 Views)

Breaking News : Biafran Agitators Granted Referendum By The US (VIDEO) / Pro-biafra Agitators Are Miscreants – Obasanjo / Anti-igbo Tag: Curing The Ignorance Of Some Biafran Agitators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by segalex: 5:01am On Oct 30, 2015
Pro-Biafra agitators are miscreants – Obasanjo Segun Olugbile and Tunde Odesola Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has described pro- Biafra agitators as miscreants who should be ignored. Speaking in an exclusive interview with our correspondents at his Hilltop residence in Abeokuta, on Wednesday, Obasanjo described the agitations by the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra and other self- determination groups as misplaced. According to Obasanjo, equating the agitations by pro- Biafra groups with the agitations that led to the Civil War amounted to making a mountain out of a molehill. He said, “This is a fake agitation. You people make a mountain out of a molehill. These are boys who want to take people unaware and get money out of them in the name of Biafra. These are the people you should ignore, I don’t talk about Biafra. (Philip) Effiong came and said Biafra ceased to exist and since that day, Biafra has ceased to exist.” It will be recalled that the Biafra leader as of the time the war ended, Philip Effiong, surrendered to Obasanjo by calling off the war. Obasanjo said that in the spirit of “No victor, no vanquished,” the Nigerian nation absorbed Igbo people into the civil service and the military after the war, adding that there were no promises made to the then secessionists that the Nigerian state had not fulfilled. He said, “We absorbed those we should absorb both into the civil service and into the military. Even those we didn’t absorb, who we initially regarded as being retired without benefits, later on we even gave them their benefits. Abandoned houses were returned. Within 10 years of the end of our Civil War, an Igbo man became the vice- president of our country. “It took the Americans 100 years before they got to that point. So, what are you talking about? They have held all the ministerial positions existing in this country. We have Igbo as the Governor of Central Bank, Igbo has headed many parastatals in this country. “That’s why these miscreants should be ignored. They want to get money and they go round and say, ‘We are still being victimised. We are still being treated badly in Nigeria,’ so that they can take money from people.” Absolving Igbo leaders of complicity in the agitation, Obasanjo said they (Igbo leaders) were not in support of the agitation. “I won’t blame the Igbo leaders. I will ignore them (the agitators). Igbo leaders that I’ve talked about, I mean the ones I’ve mentioned; Joe Irukwu won’t go out and do that type of thing, and many of them. The people who are doing this are the same people you will find in 419 business, they are the same people you will find in drugs all over the world. To them, this is another source of money for them as far as they are concerned,” Obasanjo said. When asked his comment about a new book, InterInterventions , by Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, in which the laureate called him a child of circumstance, Obasanjo said, “Did he? I’ve not heard anything like that,” with a wave of hand. Although he said an end would not be put to Boko Haram by the military, Obasanjo said it was necessary that President Muhammadu Buhari gave the military a target. He said, “You have to have an objective, otherwise, if you say go and don’t have an objective, that’s not good enough for a leader but an objective is not cast in concrete. Look, I want you to finish a job in two days, though you know it could take probably four or five days, but you must give an objective. “I believe that what President Muhammadu Buhari will get, and which he knows he can get, is that he can get the upper hand; the military will get the upper hand over Boko Haram and of course, I think we are working towards that. But we will not get the end of Boko Haram in three months or in six months. “And even when you get the upper hand militarily, you have to do what you have to do – the socio-economic aspect.”

http://punchng.com/2015/10/2326

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by Demmocrats(m): 5:12am On Oct 30, 2015
Hmmmm adding more fire to the issue.

Obasanjo chai, history keeps repeating its self and if am correct the French revolution was done by the same type of people obasanjo labelled even Fidel Castro was once like that but was able to seize power till this day. The same with Russian revolution in which the Russian tsar was overthrown by bunch of nobodies.

Obj should be smart enough to know this, his underestimating those guys the same way he underestimated boko haram the first time.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by ziccoit: 5:14am On Oct 30, 2015
Every sane man understood that to be gospel truth.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by trapQ: 5:19am On Oct 30, 2015
True... The SSerns should even be the ones feeling victimised because we've been feeding the nation for decades and our lands have been devastated, our water polluted with oil spillage.

16 Likes

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by DIVINE78: 5:21am On Oct 30, 2015
I don talk an. Those boys are almajiri ibo.

13 Likes

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by baby124: 5:25am On Oct 30, 2015
Demmocrats:
Hmmmm adding more fire to the issue.
Obasanjo chai, history keeps repeating its self and if am correct the French revolution was done by the same type of people obasanjo labelled even Fidel Castro was once like that but was able to seize power till this day.
Obj should be smart enough to know this, his underestimating those guys the same way he underestimated boko haram the first time.
Underestimated Boko ke? OBJ dealt with them so bad, international communities were shouting at the level of brutality. He caught their leader and killed him. Boko boys ran into hiding. They only started flexing seriously when Jonathan got into power. Jonathan gave them space and time to become a reliable nuisance

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by Mynd44: 5:26am On Oct 30, 2015
I disagree though.....these groups have a reason why they are asking to break away and we need to look into those reasons before we have a repeat of last time. It is perhaps time to sit down with the various agitators/groups and see which ones want to leave because they are tired and really desire their country or those who feel they are not getting justice in Nigeria.

I believe the issues leading to the call for Biafra borders on under-development, unemployment, perceived or real tribal discrimination and infrastructure which are things that can be addressed but we should not Ignore them. They should be talked with and find ways to reason together.

But the ones spreading hate and Inciting violence are in a different class though

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by Ayoemrys(m): 5:27am On Oct 30, 2015
a very talented man with great wisdom,meanwhile those fools called themself biafran are just ranting the impossible on the social media,,,,,perhaps you don't know biafra is just a fucking scam,

8 Likes

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by otabuko(m): 5:28am On Oct 30, 2015
How I no do again come be force, why are they so interested in having the Biafrans... Hehehe kikiki... Na the oyel...... If to say the oyel dey for their land, they for don push us out since time immemorial..... *Biafra never died*

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by Demmocrats(m): 5:29am On Oct 30, 2015
baby124:

Underestimated Boko ke? OBJ dealt with them so bad, international communities were shouting at the level of brutality. He caught their leader and killed him. Boko boys ran into hiding. They only started flexing seriously when Jonathan got into power. Jonathan gave them space and time to become a reliable nuisance

I know so many major generals so I know what am telling you. He used it to play politics even when they gave him a report about such group. I have first class info on that. It was yaradua that fought them not Obj.
Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by Yanks101: 5:31am On Oct 30, 2015

23 Likes

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:33am On Oct 30, 2015
baby124:

Madam, it was Yar'Adua not Obasanjo that first confronted Boko haram insurgency and dealt with thim.

6 Likes

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by Babzrockman: 5:38am On Oct 30, 2015
Biafra call is an act to distract Buhari's government.

4 Likes

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:39am On Oct 30, 2015
Biafrans please ignore this old man.
He is still living in the 70's.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:42am On Oct 30, 2015
Babzrockman:
Biafra call is an act to distract Buhari's government.

We have nothing to do with Buhari or his government.
After all Buhari has divided Nigeria into 95% and 5%.

Let him rule over 95%, the 5% want to be on our own.

And for your info, the call for Biafra started in the days of OBJ but took a new route during Jonathan.
Buhari only made it more popular by his tyranny.

16 Likes

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by ElekeNtioba: 5:44am On Oct 30, 2015
So the Scots, the Catalonians, the present south sudanese and every other people who desire to leave a union are miscreants

This reckless statement should even give more impetus to secessionists.

Obasanjo and his ilk are the problem with Nigeria.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by Phame: 5:52am On Oct 30, 2015
Gbam!

2 Likes

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:53am On Oct 30, 2015
FUCCK BIAFRA

7 Likes

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by Phame: 5:53am On Oct 30, 2015
ElekeNtioba:
So the Scots, the Catalonians, the present south sudanese and every other people who desire to leave a union is a miscreant

This reckless statement should even give more impetus to secessionists.

Obasanjo and his ilk are the problem with Nigeria.
yes , I.e if they acted the way those miscreants from your region are acting.

12 Likes

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by Warlord3000(m): 5:54am On Oct 30, 2015
Can the op just edit the post and add some spaces and paragraphs for better reading abeg

1 Like

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by vanunu: 5:58am On Oct 30, 2015
baby124:

Where are u from?
Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by Nobody: 6:00am On Oct 30, 2015
DIVINE78:
I don talk an. Those boys are almajiri ibo.
you're a dummo. The same way they ignored the niger delta youths until they decided to bomb nigeria and set the economy back 50yrs.the same way they ignored boko haram, a simple group until they became a nightmare.

Nigerians should learn from their mistakes and see to a problem before it escalates

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by Phame: 6:02am On Oct 30, 2015
trapQ:
True... The SSerns should even be the ones feeling victimised because we've been feeding the nation for decades and our lands have been devastated, our water polluted with oil spillage.

yeah...people who couldn't farm on their land or drink the water that fall from the sky or the on in their rivers and also live without the basic amenities despite being the oil producing communities should be the ones agitating and not those land-grabbing miscreants from the landlocked region of SE.

Ibo people are too self-centred and demanding!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by Phame: 6:04am On Oct 30, 2015

The people who are doing this are the same people you will find in 419 business, they are the same people you will find in drugs all over the world. To them, this is another source of money for them as far as they are concerned,”

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by size40: 6:04am On Oct 30, 2015
Yes, they are miscreants and street urchins. They should kill them all.

5 Likes

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by RockMaxi: 6:07am On Oct 30, 2015

Although I am not in support of the way the biafra agitation is going, calling them miscreants is a big mistake and shows irresponsibilty.

3 Likes

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by Yanks101: 6:15am On Oct 30, 2015
Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by aperture11: 6:15am On Oct 30, 2015
My biggest question has always been what happened in the 5years plus that Jonathan was in power? Why didn't they shout this loud? GEJ regime might have represented their best chance of seceeding because then everyone would have known it is genuine. All these shouting is just an open expression of political miscalculation. Rochas warned you guys. You probably should have divided your support. I don't support the 5% talk though.

I have said and I will keep saying. If any group wants to go let them go. The contested lands can have a referendum to determine who they go with. The results will shock so many like the elections. And let us see what happens in 10years.

I don't like making general statements because it shouldn't define a people but when the majority of a group think they are better than others and have this supremacist mindset, it is usually because of insecurity on their part.

5 Likes

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by omoelesa(m): 6:16am On Oct 30, 2015
CRIMINAL REPUBLIC OF Biafra.

4 Likes

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by simplycarro: 6:18am On Oct 30, 2015
RockMaxi:

Although I am not in support of the way the biafra agitation is going, calling them miscreants is a big mistake and shows irresponsibilty.
When you call the country of your birth a Zoo and refer to her citizens as animals, calling you a miscreant is a good gesture and flattering.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by Yanks101: 6:18am On Oct 30, 2015
Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by truefact: 6:20am On Oct 30, 2015
Phame:
yeah...people who couldn't farm on their land or drink the water that fall from the sky or the on in their rivers and also live without the basic amenities despite being the oil producing communities should be the ones agitating and not those land-grabbing miscreants from the landlocked region of SE.

Ibo people are too self-centred and demanding!
What I simply don't get is why you people don't want to be on your own...why always attaching to igbos? Why always wanting the igbos in your one Nigeria?

Igbos are all the bad names your likes call them, yet you are unwilling to let them go....gospel truth, I don't get it

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Disobeys Bail Stays With 100 People PICS VIDEO / Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is.. / 2019: APC Speaks On Buhari’s Alleged Plot To Rig Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.