Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,788 members, 7,827,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo (7540 Views)

Breaking News : Biafran Agitators Granted Referendum By The US (VIDEO) / Pro-biafra Agitators Are Miscreants – Obasanjo / Anti-igbo Tag: Curing The Ignorance Of Some Biafran Agitators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by kettykin: 6:21am On Oct 30, 2015
This is coming from a man that willingly gave out bakassi Peninsula to Cameroon
With out a single gunshot under the guise of obeying a court ruling. The same Nigeria that never agree or adhere to
International agreement now obey court ruling

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by Yanks101: 6:21am On Oct 30, 2015
Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by MrRobot: 6:23am On Oct 30, 2015
DIVINE78:
I don talk an. Those boys are almajiri ibo.

Almajiru igbo in every country of the world right ?
Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by simplycarro: 6:23am On Oct 30, 2015
Yanks101:
Calling Nigeria a zoo is a compliment. Zoos have order.
Nigeria is a jungle. I am sure you know this.
Your only problem is that biafrans are the ones calling it that.
Here is one of miscreants Baba was talking about. grin

8 Likes

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by aperture11: 6:24am On Oct 30, 2015
Yanks101:
I am sure you were in your mothers's womb when Nnamdi came to hold a rally in aba under the GEJ government.
And what happened afterwards? That is the question? It just went quiet. You listened to him and he went away, no agitation. Then suddenly there was a loss of election and now you want to die there. The most sensible igbo leaders I've seen are those who questioned him in the US when he went to ask for support for arms.
They brought him back to stark reality from his delusional world. Yet these are people that won't directly be affected because they are in the US, those in Nigeria that will bear the brunt are shouting. Okay.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by Yanks101: 6:27am On Oct 30, 2015
simplycarro:

Here is one of miscreants Baba was talking about. grin
My friend, even if you live 10 lifetimes, you would never attain a quarter of my life's achievements.
How can you anyway? When OBJ embezzled $16b meant for power in your country.

4 Likes

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by Phame: 6:29am On Oct 30, 2015
truefact:

What I simply don't get is why you people don't want to be on your own...why always attaching to igbos? Why always wanting the igbos in your one Nigeria?

Igbos are all the bad names your likes call them, yet you are unwilling to let them go....gospel truth, I don't get it
we are just not comfortable with igbos leaving us in a country they helped to destroy.

Ndigbo helped to make Nigeria what it is today in bad light, so they can't leave the wreckage in the name of an imaginary cry of marginalization.

If you want to go at all cost, be ready to get more of what you got the last time you misbehaved.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by Yanks101: 6:31am On Oct 30, 2015
Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by Yanks101: 6:37am On Oct 30, 2015
Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by juman(m): 6:44am On Oct 30, 2015
So far there is nothing to write home about on one nigeria.

55 years of bad "leaders".

1 Like

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by FreeGlobe(f): 6:53am On Oct 30, 2015
trapQ:
True... The SSerns should even be the ones feeling victimised because we've been feeding the nation for decades and our lands have been devastated, our water polluted with oil spillage.

Abia and IMO have also been feeding the nation. Obasanjo like most yoruba is talking thrash as usual

3 Likes

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 30, 2015
trapQ:
True... The SSerns should even be the ones feeling victimised because we've been feeding the nation for decades and our lands have been devastated, our water polluted with oil spillage.

Yoruba person!

4 Likes

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by Menace2Society(m): 7:49am On Oct 30, 2015
new2020:

Yoruba person!
Jester grin
Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by henroe2k2(m): 8:03am On Oct 30, 2015
Obasanjo with illiteracy. what is the justification
Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 30, 2015
Mynd44:

I disagree though.....these groups have a reason why they are asking to break away and we need to look into those reasons before we have a repeat of last time. It is perhaps time to sit down with the various agitators/groups and see which ones want to leave because they are tired and really desire their country or those who feel they are not getting justice in Nigeria.

I believe the issues leading to the call for Biafra borders on under-development, unemployment, perceived or real tribal discrimination and infrastructure which are things that can be addressed but we should not Ignore them. They should be talked with and find ways to reason together.

But the ones spreading hate and Inciting violence are in a different class though

lol. underdevelopment? you are funny. have you been to the north? ss nko.

i am yet to hear a cogent reason why they want to secede. as far as i m concerned the igbos have it good in this country. look at the past administration and see how many of them held sensitive posts. yorubas were almost totally ignored yet there was no cry of secession.
anyway let them have their country maybe the rest of us will have peace of mind.

the only people that should cry marginalization are the minority ethnic groups in Nigeria and ppl of the south south. shikena

4 Likes

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by henroe2k2(m): 8:03am On Oct 30, 2015
Obasanjo with illiteracy. what is the justification for asserting that freedom fighters are miscreants?
Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by pcicero(m): 8:10am On Oct 30, 2015
Obj has given some people another opportunity to rant endlessly.

This thread will soon enter 30 pages with verbal missiles being thrown about.

1 Like

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by simplycarro: 8:22am On Oct 30, 2015
Yanks101:
My friend, even if you live 10 lifetimes, you would never attain a quarter of my life's achievements.
How can you anyway? When OBJ embezzled $16b meant for power in your country.
When people call you fools empty chest beaters, they have studied you over a long period of time.
We've seen so many of you with your achievements here before. Dirty, ugly, skinny and pathetic looking fools.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by simplycarro: 8:25am On Oct 30, 2015
aperture11:

And what happened afterwards? That is the question? It just went quiet. You listened to him and he went away, no agitation. Then suddenly there was a loss of election and now you want to die there. The most sensible igbo leaders I've seen are those who questioned him in the US when he went to ask for support for arms.
They brought him back to stark reality from his delusional world. Yet these are people that won't directly be affected because they are in the US, those in Nigeria that will bear the brunt are shouting. Okay

May the good and merciful Lord enlarge your coast and increase your wisdom. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by coolzeal(m): 8:34am On Oct 30, 2015
Of course they will create propaganda, lies to belittle the struggle. Top Nigerian leaders are now speaking up e.g Gowon, Obj and some even proposed Igbo should be given the apex in 2019 presidential election. The struggle is strong and the world is watching and most Nigerians are scared of losing the Igbo's they chose to hate. Biafrans: We should keep on pushing harder for freedom is coming.

3 Likes

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by IGBOPRINCE: 8:35am On Oct 30, 2015
DIVINE78:
I don talk an. Those boys are almajiri ibo.
almajiri? Re you kidding me?
Ndiigbo do not give birth to almajiri, ndiigbo gave birth to strong freedom fighters.

To hell with them that criticised the freedom fighters.
Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 30, 2015
segalex:
Pro-Biafra agitators are
miscreants – Obasanjo
Segun Olugbile and Tunde Odesola
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has described pro-
Biafra agitators as miscreants who should be ignored.
Speaking in an exclusive interview with our correspondents
at his Hilltop residence in Abeokuta, on Wednesday,
Obasanjo described the agitations by the Movement for the
Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra and other self-
determination groups as misplaced.
According to Obasanjo, equating the agitations by pro-
Biafra groups with the agitations that led to the Civil War
amounted to making a mountain out of a molehill.
He said, “This is a fake agitation. You people make a
mountain out of a molehill. These are boys who want to
take people unaware and get money out of them in the
name of Biafra. These are the people you should ignore, I
don’t talk about Biafra. (Philip) Effiong came and said
Biafra ceased to exist and since that day, Biafra has
ceased to exist.”
It will be recalled that the Biafra leader as of the time the
war ended, Philip Effiong, surrendered to Obasanjo by
calling off the war.
Obasanjo said that in the spirit of “No victor, no
vanquished,” the Nigerian nation absorbed Igbo people into
the civil service and the military after the war, adding that
there were no promises made to the then secessionists that
the Nigerian state had not fulfilled.
He said, “We absorbed those we should absorb both into
the civil service and into the military. Even those we didn’t
absorb, who we initially regarded as being retired without
benefits, later on we even gave them their benefits.
Abandoned houses were returned. Within 10 years of the
end of our Civil War, an Igbo man became the vice-
president of our country.
“It took the Americans 100 years before they got to that
point. So, what are you talking about? They have held all
the ministerial positions existing in this country. We have
Igbo as the Governor of Central Bank, Igbo has headed
many parastatals in this country.
“That’s why these miscreants should be ignored. They want
to get money and they go round and say, ‘We are still being
victimised. We are still being treated badly in Nigeria,’ so
that they can take money from people.”
Absolving Igbo leaders of complicity in the agitation,
Obasanjo said they (Igbo leaders) were not in support of the
agitation.
“I won’t blame the Igbo leaders. I will ignore them (the
agitators). Igbo leaders that I’ve talked about, I mean the
ones I’ve mentioned; Joe Irukwu won’t go out and do that
type of thing, and many of them. The people who are doing
this are the same people you will find in 419 business, they
are the same people you will find in drugs all over the
world. To them, this is another source of money for them
as far as they are concerned,” Obasanjo said.
When asked his comment about a new book,
InterInterventions , by Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, in
which the laureate called him a child of circumstance,
Obasanjo said, “Did he? I’ve not heard anything like that,”
with a wave of hand.
Although he said an end would not be put to Boko Haram
by the military, Obasanjo said it was necessary that
President Muhammadu Buhari gave the military a target.
He said, “You have to have an objective, otherwise, if you
say go and don’t have an objective, that’s not good enough
for a leader but an objective is not cast in concrete. Look, I
want you to finish a job in two days, though you know it
could take probably four or five days, but you must give an
objective.
“I believe that what President Muhammadu Buhari will get,
and which he knows he can get, is that he can get the upper
hand; the military will get the upper hand over Boko Haram
and of course, I think we are working towards that. But we
will not get the end of Boko Haram in three months or in six
months.
“And even when you get the upper hand militarily, you have
to do what you have to do – the socio-economic aspect.”

http://punchng.com/2015/10/2326
Obasanjo, I never knew you are this dumb and also a lying machine. You said their properties were returned, when did that happen?
You said nigeria fulfilled the promises they made to the Igbos when, how?
Obasanjo, did nigerian government fulfill the "three R" they promised the Igbos?

1 Like

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by IGBOPRINCE: 8:55am On Oct 30, 2015
Mynd44:

I disagree though..... these groups have a reason why they are asking to break away and we need to look into those reasons before we have a repeat of last time. It is perhaps time to sit down with the various agitators/groups and see which ones want to leave because they are tired and really desire their country or those who feel they are not getting justice in Nigeria.

I believe the issues leading to the call for Biafra borders on under-development, unemployment, perceived or real tribal discrimination and infrastructure which are things that can be addressed but we should not Ignore them.
They should be talked with and find ways to reason together.

But the ones spreading hate and Inciting violence are in a different class though
I wish people can talks from this main points of views.

But tribalism and hatred has block their medulla oblongata.
The act of true reasoning is fading away and paving way for sentiments among our leaders, our youth and even tribalism and hatred encircled them all. So no time to dialogue with them and asks them what they wants,or why re they agitating?
But with time, the best options to address this internal issues will be too late for nigerian.
We re not begging them, they can say what they like, they can do whatever they wants.
But when the time is set, the glory of God will directs us to the sunsets.

Echi di ime.

2 Likes

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by Chiaka(f): 9:02am On Oct 30, 2015
Obasanjo is a coward who always listens to his Fulani Lords. A lot of yorubas don't support his slavish habit for sure.

1 Like

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by funlord(m): 9:03am On Oct 30, 2015
undecided
noblezone:

"WE" have nothing to do with Buhari or his government.
After all Buhari has divided Nigeria into 95% and 5%.

Let him rule over 95%, "THE 5%" want to be on our own.

And for your info, the call for Biafra started in the days of OBJ but took a new route during Jonathan.
Buhari only made it more popular by his "TYRANNY".

WE? (You and your phone perhaps?), the 5%? ( Including all the hardworking igbo men and women I see daily making money, having investments and progressing in other non "biafran" states?), Tyranny? (Did you just learn this word or you just finished watching game of thrones before your post?)

You have made absolutely "NO SENSE" with your post, but it seems with your bigoted reasoning you would probably make a good leader in your so called biafran utopia! Good luck with that!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by truefact: 9:04am On Oct 30, 2015
Phame:
we are just not comfortable with igbos leaving us in a country they helped to destroy.

Ndigbo helped to make Nigeria what it is today in bad light, so they can't leave the wreckage in the name of an imaginary cry of marginalization.

If you want to go at all cost, be ready to get more of what you got the last time you misbehaved.
You lied a lot, remember there is no more bakassi to give away, remember there is no more saro and baro to betray biafrans, remember even the international community won't support Nigeria 100%as before...remember even the yorubas might not even support the hausa fulanis ...this will be a total different war...

1 Like

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by realBliss(m): 9:09am On Oct 30, 2015
pls who released this monkey from the zoo
Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by falseman(m): 9:11am On Oct 30, 2015
Ioannes:

lol. underdevelopment? you are funny. have you been to the north? ss nko.

i am yet to hear a cogent reason why they want to secede. as far as i m concerned the igbos have it good in this country. look at the past administration and see how many of them held sensitive posts. yorubas were almost totally ignored yet there was no cry of secession.
anyway let them have their country maybe the rest of us will have peace of mind.

the only people that should cry marginalization are the minority ethnic groups in Nigeria and ppl of the south south. shikena

Have you ever stepped overside the shores of this country to know what development is?

Check deep down in you and tell me if One Nigeria is helping or not.

Don't you think they would have been more development if Nigeria and Biafra were separate countries?

Do you think all these regional politics being played creates more room for division and embezzlement?

Now why would a sane man want to stay with miscreants ?

For your information if Igbos leave Nigeria today the likes of this old fool and his gang of thieves will still complain there's no enough money for development, they will still want to keep on ruling till Jesus comes.

1 Like

Re: Pro-biafran Agitators Are Miscreants - Obasanjo by IGBOPRINCE: 9:12am On Oct 30, 2015
otabuko:
How I no do again come be force, why are they so interested in having the Biafrans... Hehehe kikiki... Na the oyel...... If to say the oyel dey for their land, they for don push us out since time immemorial..... *Biafra never died*
if na you, won't you be interested in having the biafran among your country.?
Biafran re capitalist, they re talented,they re creative, they re travellers, they re explorer, they re manufacturer, they re politicians, they re businessmen, they re sportsmen,they re builders, they re philanthropist,they discovered a new village and turns it to city.
If na you, will you let them go?

but don't woRry, time for the zoo to fall is in God's hands.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: Beware Of APC Propaganda, PDP Advises Online Media Practitioners / Onnoghen: Olawepo Hashim Urges Abubakar-led Peace Committee To Break Logjam / Osun: INEC May Cancel Election Due To Davido's Tweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.