Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

A Member Of The British Parliament Petitions-uk-govt-over-nnamdi-kanus-detention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Member Of The British Parliament Petitions-uk-govt-over-nnamdi-kanus-detention (470 Views)

Justice Binta Nyako View On Nnamdi Kanus Next Court Case / IPOB: Senators Query Enyinnaya Abaribe Over Nnamdi Kanu's Bail / What Was Nnamdi Kanus Occupation Before Returning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Member Of The British Parliament Petitions-uk-govt-over-nnamdi-kanus-detention by Codedb2: 9:07am On Oct 30, 2015
A member of the British parliament, Harriet Harman has written a petition to the British government seeking to know the details of the continued detention of radio Biafra Director, Nnamdi Kanu.

Harman, who represents Camberwell and Peckham, sought to know why Kanu, who is a British citizen was arrested on Saturday, October 17, 2015.

In the petition titled “Detention of my constituent Mr. Nnamdi Kanu”, which addressed to Phillip Hammond, the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs and dated Thursday, October 22, 2015, Harman maintained that since Kanu and his Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) movement was non-violent, he should be protected by Article 1 of the United Nations charter.

Nnamdi Kanu (m), Director of Radio Biafra
The petition read: “I understand that Mr Nnamdi Kanu, who I am told is a British citizen and lives at …was arrested on the 17th October 2015 by the Nigerian Department of Security Services (DSS) when arriving in Lagos from the United Kingdom.

“I understand Nnamdi is the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) who are agitating for the independence of Nigeria’s former Eastern Region. I’m told that the pro-Biafra group are non-violent and therefore should be afforded protection under Article 1 of the charter of the United Nations.

“I’d be grateful if you could let me know your understanding of what Nnamdi has been arrested for,what he might be charged with, where he has been held and what consular engagement there has been.”

http://www.thetrentonline.com/british-legislator-petitions-uk-government-over-nnamdi-kanus-detention-look/?utm_content=buffer9b08b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Re: A Member Of The British Parliament Petitions-uk-govt-over-nnamdi-kanus-detention by OVI75(m): 9:18am On Oct 30, 2015
Great news,bt wait a second did i hear british citizen?

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria To Sell, Buy Oil Directly, Cut Out Middlemen / Re: N5000 To Unemployed: Murray-bruce Sad Over Apc's Rejection Of Motion / For Kids Born After The War Your Parents Should Tell You That Ndigbo Fear No Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.