Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? (3808 Views)

Anambra State Breaks Out From Biafra: "Nnamdi Kanu Is Small Boy Fooling Himself" / Photos From 'biafra For Trump Solidarity Rally' At Trump Tower / Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by clevadani: 12:25pm On Oct 30, 2015
As someone who was born and brought up in the Niger Delta, I am inclined to ask Igbos on nairaland this question. This is because anytime the issues of Biafra are mentioned by Igbos on nairaland, they tend to include the south south. It is clear to a rational mind that Igbos will gain so much from the ss like land,oil,access to sea etc. But I have been trying to think about what the ss will benefit from the Igbos if seccession occurs.
When is say Niger Delta, I mean the south south.
Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by docadams: 12:33pm On Oct 30, 2015
NOTHING!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 30, 2015
Be specific
Imo and Abia are Niger Delta, so what are you saying

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by banio: 12:37pm On Oct 30, 2015
Niger delta will gain being a slave forever. Igbo is worse than Hausa. Igbo is take it all.
During Biafra war, they dealt with us ruthlessly.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by freshvine(f): 12:47pm On Oct 30, 2015
clevadani:
As someone who was born and brought up in the Niger Delta, I am inclined to ask Igbos on nairaland this question. This is because anytime the issues of Biafra are mentioned by Igbos on nairaland, they tend to include the south south. It is clear to a rational mind that Igbos will gain so much from the ss like land,oil,access to sea etc. But I have been trying to think about what the ss will benefit from the Igbos if seccession occurs.

NOTHING.

Rather you will have lot to benefit.

1. 80 % of the oil revenue gotten from the south South is shared by the northerners and the West. With Biafra, South South will have so much money even the graduates will not need to work.

2. Have you noticed that the oil wealth is controlled by the northerners? With Biafran, South South will control their oil blocks.

3. Biafra will run a subsidized email economy your children will not need to pay tuition fees until the graduate, work and then repay for their education.

4. Have you noticed our people go to law school to become lawyers while the northerners did same to become justices? That's why they churn out judgments that stupidify court processes.

5. The igbos borders the south South in all angles. Have you heard of any communal disturbances to indicate that the are hostile people? I suppose the south South marries a lot from the igbos and both zone shares religious and related cultural believes.

6. Capacity building and development will be encouraged and meritocracy will be encouraged for faster development rather than quota system.

7. Peace as there will be no religious killing, insurgency or cattle rustling. Any attack on Biafra will be treated diplomatically or warfare.

Need more?

32 Likes

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by freez2ryme(m): 12:49pm On Oct 30, 2015
They will retake their Oil wells which presently belongs to the Hausa/Fulani's

They will have at least 80% control of their resources unlike 13% dey re getting now

Bakassi peninsular will become part of Biafra since d agreement with Cameroon was with Nigeria not Biafra

Since every region in Biafra will cater for itself the untapped resources of their region will be harnessed to adequately develop individual region
Just like it is in the USA

Thereby leading to rapid DEVElopement in both infrastructure and human capital

INTERNATIONAL RESPECT DUE TO Stronger Military power, which will defend d region against external forces(Yoruba/HUASA)

Trade And investment which any lame Igbo man is accustomed to, thereBY transforming d whole region to "AFRICAN CHINA"

THEY WILL ALSO INHERIT D UNDYING, UNRELENTING AND NEVER SAY DIE ORIENTATION OF IGBO COMMUNITY

WHICH WILL LEAD TO ADEQUATE and unrelentless DEVElopement of d whole region.

SPORTS

If u truly want ur NIGERDELTA republic

Don't u think u cn get that thru Biafra

WE CAN BECOME A UNITED COUNTRY, U HAVE UR PARLIMENT, UR LAWS ND CONSTITUTION, WE CAN JUST HV A UNITED MILITARY, SPORTS, AND NO MOVEMENT RESTRICTION OR EXTRA TAX, UNITED CITIZENSHIP,ETC

A certain percentage of revenue to the central government. It is as simple as that

ITis just endless

D question u should be asking urself now should be

What hv we really benefitted from this UNION called NIGERIA

22 Likes

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 30, 2015
clevadani:
What are they (SS) benefiting from nigeria presently?? That should be your question and that is if you don't reason through your anus.

18 Likes

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by acenazt: 12:51pm On Oct 30, 2015
Hate,Cannibalism, Fake products, extortion, forced labour basically Colonialism

6 Likes

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by zuchyblink(m): 1:01pm On Oct 30, 2015
The billions of dollars we spend on Lagos seaports will be channelled to Bayelsa,PH,Calabar and Ibaka.
We are going to manufacture our cars,motorcycles,earth working machines,kit our armed forces,arm our armed forces,produce electricity with coal to save our gas reserves,produce cement in Nkalagu to help the one in calabar,bauxite,ceramic etc. Rice from ebonyi,oil and gas from IMo,Abia and Anambra,reasonable population to increase market,productive youth,Brains,peace and tranquility,big markets for trading,movie industry. The list is endless

18 Likes

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by freez2ryme(m): 1:06pm On Oct 30, 2015
acenazt:
Ono yoloba
Una no dey tire

I thought d question was directed to Igbo's

We know u re benefiting a lot from dis union.

10 Likes

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by IGBOSON1: 1:14pm On Oct 30, 2015
acenazt:

^^^Your crass stupidity is boundless!

What's your ethnicity fool? Let's start from there!

15 Likes

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by IGBOSON1: 1:15pm On Oct 30, 2015
zuchyblink:
The billions of dollars we spend on Lagos seaports will be channelled to Bayelsa,PH,Calabar and Ibaka.
We are going to manufacture our cars,motorcycles,earth working machines,kit our armed forces,arm our armed forces,produce electricity with coal to save our gas reserves,produce cement in Nkalagu to help the one in calabar,bauxite,ceramic etc. Rice from ebonyi,oil and gas from IMo,Abia and Anambra,reasonable population to increase market,productive youth,Brains,peace and tranquility,big markets for trading,movie industry. The list is endless

16 Likes

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by freez2ryme(m): 1:17pm On Oct 30, 2015
zuchyblink:
We are going to manufactures our cars,kit our armed forces,arm our armed forces,produce electricity with coal to save our gas reserves,produce cement in Nkalagu to help the one in calabar,bauxite,ceramic etc. Rice from ebonyi,oil and gas from IMo,Abia and Anambra,reasonable population to increase market,productive youth,Brains,peace and tranquility,big markets for trading,movie industry. The list is endless

D whole Billions of Dollars and investement we hv in Lagos due to the proximity of Lagos port will be channelled back to Port harcourt, Bayesla and Cross River

The super highway Buhari flagged off few weeks ago, will provide a shorter route to the North and Niger republic, Chad etc, thereby living Lagos port to serve only the Southwest.

D Manufactured product in BIAFRA will be easily transported to the North, than from Southwest. Thereby making Biafra more viable than Southwest

This is exactly what the yorobbers re afraid of.

The Free trade zone in Tinapa will become Dubai of Africa.

20 Likes

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:20pm On Oct 30, 2015
clevadani:
dont ask us, ask your reasoning capacity

2 Likes

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by PointB: 1:20pm On Oct 30, 2015
Nice thread.

6 Likes

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 30, 2015
The Yoloba OP has just shot himself on the leg

11 Likes

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 30, 2015
freshvine:

NOTHING.

1. 80 % of the oil revenue gotten from the south South is shared by the northerners and the West. With Biafra, South South will have so much money even the graduates will not need to work.

2. Have you noticed that the oil wealth is controlled by the northerners? With Biafran, South South will control their oil blocks.

3. Biafra will run a subsidized email economy your children will not need to pay tuition fees until the graduate, work and then repay for their education.

4. Have you noticed our people go to law school to become lawyers while the northerners did same to become justices? That's why they churn out judgments that stupidify court processes.

5. The igbos borders the south South in all angles. Have you heard of any communal disturbances to indicate that the are hostile people? I suppose the south South marries a lot from the igbos and both zone shares religious and related cultural believes.

6. Capacity building and development will be encouraged and meritocracy will be encouraged for faster development rather than quota system.

7. Peace as there will be no religious killing, insurgency or cattle rustling. Any attack on Biafra will be treated diplomatically or warfare.

Need more?

What the OP meant is what will south south gain in Biafra compared to Niger Delta Republic.

6 Likes

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by PointB: 1:47pm On Oct 30, 2015
atbu1983:

What the OP meant is what will south south gain in Biafra compared to Niger Delta Republic.

Did the Op employ you as his editor or are you that jobless? Just asking... undecided undecided

13 Likes

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by IGBOSON1: 1:50pm On Oct 30, 2015
atbu1983:

^^^So what moves are presently afoot to actualize the Niger Delta Republic of which you speak like we see with Biafra!?

To be honest if Biafra can't be, i'll happily settle for two Republics formed from present South East and South South!

12 Likes

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by gab264(m): 1:54pm On Oct 30, 2015
atbu1983:

Idiot!!! yo-rubber claiming south south, I bait u a huge catastrophe is about to befall this nation if care is not taking!!

Very soon, I promise u that"
Because the hausa's can still enjoy there loot s, so they wount suffer like u guys.

5 Likes

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by Olabestonic001(m): 2:07pm On Oct 30, 2015
freshvine:

NOTHING.

Need more?

Wonderful write-up. Do you have these documented and passed as Constitutions or just your own version of how you want Biafra to be treated? You know leading a group of people is much more than one person's ideal; its always what will be fair to all. One fight with Biafra concept is that the freedom fighters and secessionists' only intention is to spite others that they were unhappy about the Last Election. It reminds me of Libyans who wanted a Revolution that will remove Gaddafi without having any alternative strong government in place or South Sudan who fought for 20years and thought being declared a nation will mean liberation or APC thinking defeating GEJ would automatically solve their problems. While I love your ideals for the purported new Nation but its obvious that those wonderful concepts are your own and not that of the Biafran Fundamentalists.

GOD Bless your ideals.

4 Likes

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by TechRev: 2:41pm On Oct 30, 2015
Olabestonic001:

Wonderful write-up. Do you have these documented and passed as Constitutions or just your own version of how you want Biafra to be treated? You know leading a group of people is much more than one person's ideal; its always what will be fair to all. One fight with Biafra concept is that the freedom fighters and secessionists' only intention is to spite others that they were unhappy about the Last Election. It reminds me of Libyans who wanted a Revolution that will remove Gaddafi without having any alternative strong government in place or South Sudan who fought for 20years and thought being declared a nation will mean liberation or APC thinking defeating GEJ would automatically solve their problems. While I love your ideals for the purported new Nation but its obvious that those wonderful concepts are your own and not that of the Biafran Fundamentalists.

GOD Bless your ideals.

There is no constitution to that effect. The constitution will be drawn by active participation of those comprising Biafra. It will be a people's constitution that very few would think of violating. Unlike your ragtag military constitution being used at the moment. As good as tissue paper.

12 Likes

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by Olabestonic001(m): 2:59pm On Oct 30, 2015
TechRev:

There is no constitution to that effect. The constitution will be drawn by active participation of those comprising Biafra. It will be a people's constitution that very few would think of violating. Unlike your ragtag military constitution being used at the moment. As good as tissue paper.

Beautiful! Its obvious you are one of those with brains that Biafrans needs to listen to. FYI: my fiancee is Igbo and I want my kids to have mother relations; that's my major concern with Biafran agenda.
Do you not think Biafra should follow a flow chart model than a "call-their-bluff-pattern" Kanu is promoting? Having a Biafra is a Project than a vendetta. Let me suggest for my intending in-laws what best to do (as a Project Personnel):
(1) Develop massively your Region and ensure your best brains are domiciled in that place.
(2) Knowingly, embark on empowering massively one of your states. This will serve as the new country's capital.
(3) Remove your hatred from other Nigerians. No nation can prosper that was build on hate for another nation. Rather, foster love amidst each Igbo.
(4) Rapport with other smaller tribes. Let there be Terms and Conditions. Never make the mistake of Lugard and the people of South Sudan.
(5) Tone down the arrogance. Its not necessary telling others you are superior to them. Drumming that to their ears will make them frustrate your agenda on days they are supposed to lend a helping hand or give a support.
(6) Scrap the Osu system. one of the people that can sabotage Of Biafra's struggle.

Thanks for your response.

4 Likes

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by kingzizzy: 3:03pm On Oct 30, 2015
clevadani:

Not all of what you call Niger-Delta will be part of Biafra so you have to be specific about what tribes you mean. I think that one of the biggest reasons for someone from the south of Nigeria to embrace Biafra is because we will all get out of Nigeria. Of course if some people prefere to stay, that's their choice.

6 Likes

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by kingzizzy: 3:07pm On Oct 30, 2015
Olabestonic001:

(1) Develop massively your Region and ensure your best brains are domiciled in that place.
(2) Knowingly, embark on empowering massively one of your states. This will serve as the new country's capital.
(3) Remove your hatred from other Nigerians. No nation can prosper that was build on hate for another nation. Rather, foster love amidst each Igbo.
(4) Rapport with other smaller tribes. Let there be Terms and Conditions. Never make the mistake of Lugard and the people of South Sudan.
(5) Tone down the arrogance. Its not necessary telling others you are superior to them. Drumming that to their ears will make them frustrate your agenda on days they are supposed to lend a helping hand or give a support.
(6) Scrap the Osu system. one of the people that can sabotage Of Biafra's struggle.

What you don't seem to understand is that Nigeria is not the enabling environment to achieve any of the above ideals.

9 Likes

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by Olabestonic001(m): 3:21pm On Oct 30, 2015
kingzizzy:

What you don't seem to understand is that Nigeria is not the enabling environment to achieve any of the above ideals.

I think it is. No one region or federal government can stop you guys from pursuing that. Recently, Cross-River state floated a Grand Project and that man is also part of this country. I can tell you that if Biafra comes today, even those ones will be difficult to attain. A mandate needs to be agreed to by all first. I can't imagine a case where I can't visit my S/East again: No, I can't! My children must be proud of their parents heritage. And if at least 60% of those things I stated can not be achieved in present day, even a change of Nomenclature would not really help sir.
If a young man is a reckless guy, because he's married won't make him a prudent guy; he would still carry his recklessness. Honestly, I support Biafra a lot but the lack of strategy and the obvious hatred spewed on others with the political timings made me query the agitators intents. Let's subject the general public moods to a 5 years period and let's see if most agitators would not fizzle out their quests. If they can't hold in for 5yrs straight with their agitations, then we can say quest was just sensational and blackmail. But, if they can hold it on, then we can certainly said their quest is more than emotions but a well-thought out quest.

4 Likes

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by kingzizzy: 3:36pm On Oct 30, 2015
Olabestonic001:

I think it is. No one region or federal government can stop you guys from pursuing that. Recently, Cross-River state floated a Grand Project and that man is also part of this country. I can tell you that if Biafra comes today, even those ones will be difficult to attain. A mandate needs to be agreed to by all first. I can't imagine a case where I can't visit my S/East again: No, I can't! My children must be proud of their parents heritage. And if at least 60% of those things I stated can not be achieved in present day, even a change of Nomenclature would not really help sir.
If a young man is a reckless guy, because he's married won't make him a prudent guy; he would still carry his recklessness. Honestly, I support Biafra a lot but the lack of strategy and the obvious hatred spewed on others with the political timings made me query the agitators intents. Let's subject the general public moods to a 5 years period and let's see if most agitators would not fizzle out their quests. If they can't hold in for 5yrs straight with their agitations, then we can say quest was just sensational and blackmail. But, if they can hold it on, then we can certainly said their quest is more than emotions but a well-thought out quest.

Obviously you are not Igbo to have this kind of 'defeatist' mindset. What do you mean you can't visit Biafra? Just like anybody with business to conduct anywhere in world, you are entitled to visit anywhere. Nigeria had 100 years of unity and 55 years of nationhood to get its act right. It has not worked. It is time to seek new horizons because it's only a fool stands a long time on quick sand. Nigeria was nothing but a British experiment to see if several ethnic groups could live together progressively. 55 years on, one civil war, millions dead, 70% porverty rate, widespread corruption, tribalism,nepotism and general economic disaster. Biafrans think its high time to call a spade by its right name and try something new. What we need is a referendum let us all go our different way and find our individual destinies.

10 Likes

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by clevadani: 4:06pm On Oct 30, 2015
ekenedegreat:
What are they (SS) benefiting from nigeria presently?? That should be your question and that is if you don't reason through your anus.
it seems u did not understand my write up and my question else u wouldnt be insulting me.
I just want to knw what benefit d ss will get from being part of biafra instead of staying on their own.
It is obvious from ur reply that u r uneducated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by acenazt: 4:11pm On Oct 30, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Your crass stupidity is boundless!

What's your ethnicity fool? Let's start from there!

Kana
Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by acenazt: 4:15pm On Oct 30, 2015
freez2ryme:

Ono yoloba
Una no dey tire

I thought d question was directed to Igbo's

We know u re benefiting a lot from dis union.
hehheheh at least we are not cannibalising,Scamming,Yahooing,Pirating and all sorts of Obscenities. You worthless Cockskin lickers dont even deserve a land even in the Sahara

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by Olabestonic001(m): 4:18pm On Oct 30, 2015
kingzizzy:

Obviously you are not Igbo to have this kind of 'defeatist' minset. What do you mean you can't visit Biafra? Just like anybody with business to conduct anywhere in world, you are entitled to visit anywhere. Nigeria had 100 years of unity and 55 years of nationhood to get its act right. It has not worked. It is time to seek new horizons because it's only a fool stands a long time on quick sand. Nigeria was nothing but a British experiment to see if several ethnic groups could live together progressively. 55 years on, one civil war, millions dead, 70% porverty rate, widespread corruption, tribalism,nepotism and general economic disaster. Biafrans think its high time to call a spade by its right name and try something new. What we need is a referendum let us all go our different way and find our individual destinies.

Great, I support Referendum.

I support Biafra's agitation! Let them just remove hate speeches from Yoruba's . They should begin to relocate massively from Monday. They should leave their place of works throughout what is today constituted as Nigeria and move to their enclave. Thats the first step toward Biafra.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would Niger Delta Gain From Biafra? by TechRev: 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2015
Olabestonic001:

Beautiful! Its obvious you are one of those with brains that Biafrans needs to listen to. FYI: my fiancee is Igbo and I want my kids to have mother relations; that's my major concern with Biafran agenda.
Do you not think Biafra should follow a flow chart model than a "call-their-bluff-pattern" Kanu is promoting? Having a Biafra is a Project than a vendetta. Let me suggest for my intending in-laws what best to do (as a Project Personnel):

But imagine giving all these suggestions to a woman that is tired of marrying you before she gets a divorce. What do you think? Let Biafra be free and they will sort any problems arising.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Sticker NANS Produced To Protest Against Buhari / IPOB Organizes Football Match In Malaysia Ahead Of Nnamdi Kanu's Hearing. Photos / Sanusi Spent N37 Million On Phone Calls – Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.