Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,911 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Tecno Boom J5 Discussions - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Boom J5 Discussions (2424 Views)

Any Help- How To Root Tecno Boom J5 (android 5.1) / Tecno Boom J5 Lollipop Smartphone [all You Need To Know] / NEW!!! Tecno Boom J5 with the Awesome Android 5.1 Lollipop OS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Boom J5 Discussions by TechLector: 3:16pm On Oct 30, 2015
TechLector:
It is another BOOM time again! We have seen the Tecno Boom J7, and here today is its junior brother – Tecno Boom J5. The Tecno Boom J5 is an entry level smartphone with a 4.5-inch IPS display. It offers an attractive body design just like the J7 with a promising battery life. Boom J5 is a dual-SIM Android phone with built in memory of 16 GB and features a camera on the front for taking selfies as well as on the back.

Design and Display

The build of the Boom J5 present a thicker plastic body than its predecessor, it measure a thickness of 9.6 inches. The phone weighs 150 g and it is available in white, black and silver colours.

The Tecno J5 presents as well a beautiful experience with its 4.5” IPS screen. You don’t have to strain your eyes to see. It possesses a screen resolution of 480 x 854 pixels with a pixel density of 218 pixels per inch which is considered a budget-class. The gadget has a dimension in of 132.5 mm x 62.78 mm x 9.60 in length, breadth and depth respectively.

Camera Properties

Tecno Boom J5 comes with a back camera of 5MP with autofocus and LED Flash that is just perfect. It houses a 2MP front camera front camera that can better serve the purpose of taking selfies and wefies.

The rear or main camera has a picture resolution of 2592 x 1944 pixels while resolution for the front or secondary camera is 1600 x 1200 pixels. Both cameras have video capabilities. To enhance the capability of its cameras, the Tecno Boom J5 has features like LED flash, HDR, autofocus, Geo-tagging, and panorama.

Processor, Memory and Storage

Installed in the Tecno Boom J5 is a quad-core MediaTek MT65820 processor, which clocks up to 1.3 GHz. It is paired with 1 GB of RAM, the Cortex-A7 CPU should enable decent multitasking while the GPU is Mali 400 MP2, but you should not expect too much in terms of performance. It comes with a 16GB internal storage (ROM). Users will not be limited to the 16 GB of internal storage for their files, pictures and movies considering the provision for storage expansion via microSD of up to 32 GB.

One of the highlights of the Tecno Boom J5 is that it runs the latest Android OS, version 5.1 (Lollipop), which is an upgrade when compared to its brother with Android 4.4 KitKat.

Battery Specifications

The battery is another essential part of every smart device. You need to pay close attention to the battery capacity. You don’t expect an android phones to run perfectly on a low capacity battery like 1500mAh. The Tecno Boom J5 has been given a 1950mAh Lithium-Ion battery. This is not the best neither is it the worst. With this we hope the phone has employed some battery saving tips and also little background activities. The battery provides 8 hours of talk time and can do 250 hours standby.

Other Features

With inbuilt dual-SIM functionality, Tecno Boom J5 is designed to let you separate different aspects of your life, say, work and family. Connectivity features include microUSB 2.0, Bluetooth, 3G and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n with Wi-Fi Direct and hotspot.

SOURCE: http://techlector.com/tecno-boom-j5-with-awesome-specs-price/

Re: Tecno Boom J5 Discussions by Ebimablog: 5:23pm On Oct 30, 2015
its been around for sometimes now
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Discussions by kenneyor(m): 8:54pm On Oct 30, 2015
Do you have any idea on how to root the Phone
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Discussions by hovatek: 9:49am On Oct 31, 2015
kenneyor:
Do you have any idea on how to root the Phone

We've rooted it
https://www.nairaland.com/2703155/weve-brought-twrp-root-tecno
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Discussions by kenneyor(m): 8:33pm On Oct 31, 2015
post=39541513:

We've rooted it
https://www.nairaland.com/2703155/weve-brought-twrp-root-tecno
But I'm not seeing any tutorial on how to root it
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Discussions by Frontier2: 10:11pm On Nov 03, 2015
TechLector:

This is the younger bro of the Tecno boom series
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Discussions by Frontier2: 10:12pm On Nov 03, 2015
Ebimablog:
its been around for sometimes now
does it have the same earphone like the Tecno boom J7?
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Discussions by Youngpo413: 8:27am On Nov 04, 2015
Poor battery
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Discussions by sarry86(m): 11:33am On Mar 29, 2016
My J5 is softbricked and i can't find it's rom anywhere! Downloaded one from somewhere but it says dram failed that the firmware i am trying to flash is not matching with my phone, i think d first edition of this phone is different from the current one! Please someone please help me cry
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Discussions by kolexepana: 1:11pm On Mar 29, 2016
sarry86:
My J5 is softbricked and i can't find it's rom anywhere! Downloaded one from somewhere but it says dram failed that the firmware i am trying to flash is not matching with my phone, i thing d first edition of this phone is different from the current one! Please someone please help me cry
Check their forum for solution http://bbs.tecno-mobile.com/forum/products/boom
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Discussions by teelaweee(m): 3:30pm On Mar 29, 2016
TechLector:

the specs are nice only the battery is a flaw

1 Like

Re: Tecno Boom J5 Discussions by sarry86(m): 4:28pm On Mar 29, 2016
kolexepana:

Check their forum for solution http://bbs.tecno-mobile.com/forum/products/boom

They never provide reliable solution, i tried to ask them there cry
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Discussions by MaryWest(f): 12:05pm On Mar 30, 2016
sarry86:

What was the issue, can you please provide a link to the thread where you asked?
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Discussions by Xhaka(m): 1:42pm On Mar 30, 2016
Youngpo413:
Poor battery
Tah! don't say that again.
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Discussions by Jacinta44(f): 4:20pm On Mar 30, 2016
sarry86:

But that was not the case for me o. They answered sharparly when I dropped an issue concerning my present phone.
Maybe you should try opening the thread again.

or post the link here, I know one or two people I can mention.
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Discussions by kolexepana: 8:41pm On Mar 30, 2016
sarry86:

Create a thread on the forum and mention Carlcaresophia
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Discussions by Carlcaresophia: 6:34am On Mar 31, 2016
kolexepana:

Create a thread on the forum and mention Carlcaresophia
Hi, for the flash you can try to take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center and ask our colleagues there to check it for you. If you need us send you address and hotline of our service center, please let us know your location. Thank you!@sarry86
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Discussions by Nwokoji1: 8:11pm On Apr 01, 2016
Boom J5, We're still Trying to Acquire the New Boom J8 and you're already talking of J5. OP take your time o
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Discussions by jheed: 5:38pm On Apr 05, 2016
TechLector:

nice specs hope it will be cheaper than boom j8
Re: Tecno Boom J5 Discussions by TechLector: 7:24pm On Apr 05, 2016
jheed:
nice specs hope it will be cheaper than boom j8
yeah... Sure

(1) (Reply)

Downloaded Videos Not Playing / Here's How To Increase Android Phone Speed / Tecno Camon C9 For Sale@ Akwa Ibom Or Port

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.