Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public (24337 Views)

Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN / Largest Crowd Seen In A Bank For BVN Registration (photo) / Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by Adesiji77: 9:13pm On Oct 30, 2015
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on Friday urged bank customers to be cautious of unknown individuals alerting them on the deactivation of their bank accounts due to incomplete registration for Bank Verification Number.

This is contained in a statement by Mr Ibrahim Mu’azu, Director, Corporate Communications of the CBN posted on the apex bank’s website.

The statement gave example of the message as:

Dear customers, due to the new BVN policy of the CBN your account have been deactivated and to reactivate call….

The Central Bank of Nigeria wishes to warn individuals and the general public that those messages are intended to lure bank account holders to reveal their personal details with which the fraudsters could use to defraud them.

It said.

The statement warned the public that neither the CBN nor their employees or agents would ever call bank customers or send e-mail/text messages requesting for passwords, card details or Personal Identification Number.

It, however, advised bank customers to personally visit their banks for any issue requiring disclosure of personal bank details.

http://xsouth.com/ignore-messages-requesting-for-bvn-cbn-informs-the-public/

Cc: lalasticlala

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by actoor(m): 9:15pm On Oct 30, 2015
Every loop holes na opportunity for the Yahoo Bois. cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by asvpChuu(m): 9:18pm On Oct 30, 2015
Mtcheew... I was listening to dej loaf. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by ibksiv(m): 9:19pm On Oct 30, 2015
CHISOS CHRIST. first ever front page. i am so...

grin

i love nl

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by IceSplash(f): 9:27pm On Oct 30, 2015
Aiit
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 30, 2015
Alright heard
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by Raindrop0442(m): 9:47pm On Oct 30, 2015
Noted
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by damton(m): 9:48pm On Oct 30, 2015
to be forewarned is to be fore armed
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by lekjons(m): 9:48pm On Oct 30, 2015
hungry hackers!
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 30, 2015
I am being challenged by the way Yahoo boys think and find opportunities. In everything, they are miles ahead in thought and in search. Very bad it is not channeled into positive means(at least, going by the constitution and what society considers good) but I appreciate their type of thinking. They don't bother about PDP and APC, Saraki or Tinubu, Oshomuole or Iweala. They are up and running!

9 Likes

Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by kulobyno: 9:49pm On Oct 30, 2015
Chai hustlers always taking advantage of every government policy to make money too bad.
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by tiamiyukunle69(m): 9:49pm On Oct 30, 2015
Make people no go enter one chance
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by RichThug(m): 9:49pm On Oct 30, 2015
a
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by Oceemo(m): 9:51pm On Oct 30, 2015
And
Some
Peeps
will
Still
Enter
One
Chance
After
All
This
warning

5 Likes

Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 30, 2015
first page
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by Innodon(m): 9:51pm On Oct 30, 2015
I got such text
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by Awoofawo(m): 9:53pm On Oct 30, 2015
sad sad
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by franconian: 9:53pm On Oct 30, 2015
grin

Na im make I nor register for BVN!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 30, 2015
angry angry
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by 69MissedCalls(m): 9:54pm On Oct 30, 2015
bet Mtn has been begging me to check my bvn just for #10. I should ignore them too? okay thanks.
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by HonourablePomk: 9:55pm On Oct 30, 2015
Ok
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by dandostism88(m): 9:55pm On Oct 30, 2015
thank you, noted!
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by BE811APP: 9:55pm On Oct 30, 2015
Well, people that fall for Cheap scam like that should be flogged!!!
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by zeanslim(m): 9:56pm On Oct 30, 2015
Abeg i they find anthonia
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by Swiftkey(m): 9:57pm On Oct 30, 2015
when all your accounts are dormant, you will be like ‘Omo ki lo kan mi, kan mi pelu fraudsters' Davido's voice
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 30, 2015
Whose account has been blocked cuz I'm yet to link my other accounts.
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by eightsin(m): 9:58pm On Oct 30, 2015
Okay
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by engrjosefz(m): 9:58pm On Oct 30, 2015
ok
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by roob: 9:59pm On Oct 30, 2015
unfortunately, some people will still fall prey to such scam...
yahoo boiz will say, maga no dey finish...

Shine ur eyes, my people!!!
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 30, 2015
could this be scam.....?

Visit FirstBank to register for your BVN before 31st October,2015.Already registered? Send an SMS to 08076664444 using BVN#youraccountnumber#BVN code. You First

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by boneruns(m): 10:01pm On Oct 30, 2015
It is not enough for CBN to inform the public on the internet. Most account holders do not have access to such information.

A message blast via sms to all account holders would have been better. Better still, mandate all banks to inform their customers through SMS/email

3 Likes

Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by menix(m): 10:01pm On Oct 30, 2015
Boyz must chop nah..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only / Fire Destroys 100 Shops In Yaba (Photos) / How To Startup An Oil-servicing Company In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.