Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public (24351 Views)

Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN / Largest Crowd Seen In A Bank For BVN Registration (photo) / Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 30, 2015
The hustle is real
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by layuns(m): 10:03pm On Oct 30, 2015
Chai... I just prayed ive not entered one chance o.. I saw a msg from First Bank asking me to send my BVN details to a number (08076664444 pricisely) which i obliged. God help me o. The painful part is tomorrow is saturday
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by Franzinni: 10:16pm On Oct 30, 2015
Any body wey dem scam... Na correct offiooooo.....
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by Acegoals: 10:21pm On Oct 30, 2015
That is true. PLEASE do not yield to their gimmicks. How to update your BVN even without leaving the comfort of your house has been given by almost all banks.

I have taken my time to compile them all... Update your BVN today!

http://www.acegoals.com/never-leave-your-workplace-how-to-link-your-bvn-to-all-bank-accounts-now/

For THOSE in Diaspora!

http://www.acegoals.com/bvn-linking-for-nigerians-in-diaspora/
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by bumbex(f): 10:21pm On Oct 30, 2015
Na wa ooooo
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by ayo4dworld(m): 10:44pm On Oct 30, 2015
Tis well o, I also responded to this message
denkyw:
could this be scam.....?

Visit FirstBank to register for your BVN before 31st October,2015.Already registered? Send an SMS to 08076664444 using BVN#youraccountnumber#BVN code. You First
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by mandax: 10:48pm On Oct 30, 2015
Can anybody help? What happens to the accounts and deposits belonging to millions of Nigerians who are unable to do the BVN thing?

Shall they lose their deposits?
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by lebienconnu: 10:53pm On Oct 30, 2015
denkyw:
could this be scam.....?

Visit FirstBank to register for your BVN before 31st October,2015.Already registered? Send an SMS to 08076664444 using BVN#youraccountnumber#BVN code. You First

This is definitely not a scam. Just goggle the number and you shall find out that it belongs to FirstBank.

2 Likes

Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by carbony4red(m): 10:53pm On Oct 30, 2015
denkyw:
could this be scam.....?

This is not scam whatsoever... It's directly from the banks authority
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by kennyok(m): 10:56pm On Oct 30, 2015
I got a msg of this nature yesterday requesting for my bvn nd acct Num wic I did ooo
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by Nickymezor(f): 11:29pm On Oct 30, 2015
Very vital, thanks 4 sharing OP... Yahoo guys no dey slack @ all
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by Femich18(m): 11:31pm On Oct 30, 2015
69MissedCalls:
bet Mtn has been begging me to check my bvn just for #10. I should ignore them too? okay thanks.

Lol....
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by nnalove(m): 11:31pm On Oct 30, 2015
denkyw:
could this be scam.....?

Bros ask dem ooo, me I tried to send an sms to d number almost 3times but all I got was "sms fail dat was only reason I didn't boda ma self again,I tried mtn own they said I do not hv sufficient balance on ma line. Nawa ooo waiting person no see 4 dis quontry naijerian hahaha lolz
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by Femich18(m): 11:35pm On Oct 30, 2015
BE811APP:
Well, people that fall for Cheap scam like that should be flogged!!!

dt means u go flog like 1 million Nigeria b dt
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by damilareoye: 3:09am On Oct 31, 2015
please, how can a person know maybe his BVN has been successfully linked with his/her account number or not?

1 Like

Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by Zitech(m): 3:38am On Oct 31, 2015
denkyw:
could this be scam.....?

I got exactly same text and contacted first bank via male to confirm but they're yet to reply
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by Zitech(m): 3:41am On Oct 31, 2015
layuns:
Chai... I just prayed ive not entered one chance o.. I saw a msg from First Bank asking me to send my BVN details to a number (08076664444 pricisely) which i obliged. God help me o. The painful part is tomorrow is saturday
Obviously its not a scam

Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by Adesiji77: 4:43am On Oct 31, 2015
denkyw:
could this be scam.....?

Visit their website and verify

Cc: layuns
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by princeunugwa: 5:19am On Oct 31, 2015
denkyw:
could this be scam.....?

Pls which one is bvn code?? embarassed
denkyw:
could this be scam.....?

Pls which one is bvn code??
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by timunstopable: 5:42am On Oct 31, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2694005/bvn-how-link-bvn-other/1#39534953

There is even a scam thread here on nairaland that post links of how 2 link BVN to other accounts

Very Smart set of scammers because the Op posts genuine links to different banks sites and now mixes it with fake links with different codes for Sms to send ur BVN

I ve complained tirelessly bt the moderators ignoring

I was just lucky as I called diamond bank first 2 confirm the link and I was told they dont ve any Short Sms code for Linking BVN to other accounts.They also disowned the links posted

Other pple also complained that First Bank Link was fraudulent bt nothing has been done

Note some of the links on the thread are genuine while others are fake.That is the way they scam pple cos sone other pple ll now not cross check

cc
lalasticala
Seun

2 Likes

Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by opribo(m): 5:45am On Oct 31, 2015
CBN have been known to take drastic decision which they will later reverse at very collosal cost to the banks and their customers.
This BVN registration ought to be an ongoing exercise not one that will heat up the system. The right the would have been that failure to comply account holders would be unable to withdrawn from their accounts and once regularised accounts would be restored.
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by crackhouse(m): 6:06am On Oct 31, 2015
Mtcheww, i thought they want to tell us that $1 is now 1naira.
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by ziccoit: 6:13am On Oct 31, 2015
denkyw:
could this be scam.....?

The sms came from real Firstbank sms platform. To be on a safer side, don't respond.
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 31, 2015
lebienconnu:

This is definitely not a scam. Just goggle the number and you shall find out that it belongs to FirstBank.
what if I choose not to respond to the message, will my account still be intact?
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by bigerboy200: 6:47am On Oct 31, 2015
denkyw:
could this be scam.....?

Got exactly this message to..but didn't send any shiiiit...Though d num looks genuine but all d same i smell scam...better 2b over careful than sorry...
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by femi4: 6:48am On Oct 31, 2015
denkyw:
could this be scam.....?

its original, type that no on Google and it will take you to first bank twitter page
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by femi4: 6:49am On Oct 31, 2015
bigerboy200:

Got exactly this message to..but didn't send any shiiiit... Looks like scam to me...
its not scam
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by Dontbeused: 7:11am On Oct 31, 2015
This d text I got 2day...24hrs to go for BVN registration, visit the nearest FirstBank to register, if registered send SMS to 08076664444 using BVN#youraccountnumber#BVN code.YouFirst
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by Toluene15: 8:33am On Oct 31, 2015
grin
Dontbeused:
This d text I got 2day...24hrs to go for BVN registration, visit the nearest FirstBank to register, if registered send SMS to 08076664444 using BVN#youraccountnumber#BVN code.YouFirst
Same here. Didn't reply. I smell scam grin
Dontbeused:
Same here. Didn't reply. I smell scam
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by lumeneng22: 10:58am On Oct 31, 2015
Is it not wrong for CBN to introduce *565*0# as bvn verify code? That means if my phone is stolen, the thief can just use that code to know ones bvn.
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by Lucialovely(f): 11:04am On Oct 31, 2015
Exactly the same message I received
Re: Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public by Princewell2012(m): 11:19am On Oct 31, 2015
denkyw:
could this be scam.....?

Am a first bank customer, i received this same text and i have given them my details already.

But am afraid now.

six hours later i received a massage that it was an incorrect format, that it wasn't successful.

what do i do now?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

U.S Court Gives Autumn Spikes 20 Days To Respond To Dangote’s Suit / Fire Destroys 100 Shops In Yaba (Photos) / CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.