Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,383 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC (44570 Views)

Amaechi Mesmerizes Buhari's Cabinet Members? (Photos) / Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage / 3 PDP Governors In Buhari’s Team To Cameroon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by princew2(m): 1:49pm On Oct 31, 2015
Ibe kachikwu on points
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by drss(m): 2:05pm On Oct 31, 2015
simplycarro:

A foolish and very uninformed comment,
my sources also tell me dat amina mohammed will be d new minister of finance.
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by kokorodudu(f): 2:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
Splashme:
Apart from Ibe Kachikwu and Amina Muhammed
the rest 35 nominees are deadwoods with nothing really to offer than
play politics with every matter

Nigeria is doomed

If they are dead wood, you must be the one floating on top.
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by IYANGBALI: 2:51pm On Oct 31, 2015
(make i look for twuobu small) no single heboe man to watchout for grin grin grin
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by Growingboi(m): 2:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
cheques n nt checks please.

Kundagarten:

As long as Fashola is not allowed to sign checks am cool with him.

1 Like

Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by banio: 3:02pm On Oct 31, 2015
Pls U guys should hit the economy running. We need a budget. Nigeria must survive
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by MrImole: 3:15pm On Oct 31, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
List of best home based players in Nigeria professional league.

The technical competent of the coach is the problem because he is too bossy and averse to professional advice and irrational to international best practices.

I may be wrong but the experience of the General's first missionary journey wasn't impressive as less money were under circulation and purchasing power was nothing to discuss.

After all said and done, good governance is all about how much share of money and dividend of developmental projects did each Nigerian got and the differences it made in their respective lives.

Are you a mor0n?
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by hinwazaka: 3:31pm On Oct 31, 2015
They will fail with flying colours. There is no need watching impending doom.
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2015
modath:

James ocholi & Okechukwu Enelamah ought to be on that list...

This is BBC analysing, not a Nairaland list-maker. This is based on pedigree not how well they spoke at MPs screening.

1 Like

Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by modath(f): 3:58pm On Oct 31, 2015
Jarus:

This is BBC analysing, not a Nairaland list-maker. This is based on pedigree not how well they spoke at MPs screening.

So Enelamah has no pedigree ?

His pedigree is questionable cos he isn't on BBC's radar ?? BBC's Opinion is infallible?

An ultra successful hedge fund / venture capital manager with proven & verifiable track record is less than cos he didn't make that list...

Did you consider the fact that everyone one that list is from the mostly maligned first batch ? & the reporter / editor didn't bother about the 2nd?

Get familiar with James Ocholi, Fashola & Fayemi were in obscurity too before Jagaban thrust them into the spotlight, they didn't start out all GOLDEN & pedigreed.

Kindly do not pass subtle insult disguised as objective criticism next time... Nairaland list maker indeed! undecided
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by Duru1(m): 4:05pm On Oct 31, 2015
This post is another brazen show of idiocy by a Nigerian. May I ask watch them for what? Nigeria is a domain for idiocy and nothing gives out hope that the products of the domain shall strike a fire on the progressive front.
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by ebenholer(m): 4:10pm On Oct 31, 2015
I am non-partisan but so much belif nigeria shall get positive result from this set of people this time. believing they will be under close monitoring throughout...
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by ebenholer(m): 4:14pm On Oct 31, 2015
princew2:
Ibe kachikwu on points
dont want to believe anyone of them can perform well due to international experience. only those who fear GOD can do us good among them.
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 31, 2015
modath:

So Enelamah has no pedigree ?

His pedigree is questionable cos he isn't on BBC's radar ?? BBC's Opinion is infallible?

An ultra successful hedge fund / venture capital manager with proven & verifiable track record is less than cos he didn't make that list...

Did you consider the fact that everyone one that list is from the mostly maligned first batch ? & the reporter / editor didn't bother about the 2nd?

Get familiar with James Ocholi, Fashola & Fayemi were in obscurity too before Jagaban thrust them into the spotlight, they didn't start out all GOLDEN & pedigreed.

Kindly do not pass subtle insult disguised as objective criticism next time... Nairaland list maker indeed! undecided

You're correct. Maybe I should say public sector pedigree. All the guys on their list have proven their mettle in public sector, and Ibe Kachikwu's short stay in NNPC. I also sense some (BBC) UK bias in their citation of Kemi.

1 Like

Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by okpurukata(f): 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
Splashme:
All Amaechi is coming to do is fight Wike and Rivers PDP

Buhari is Nigeria's most sectional president.
For that reason, he could not see beyond ethnic and religious lines for clean
and competent Nigerians to continue the transformation of Nigeria.

You got it bro. The whole essence of appointing Amaechi is to come and show superiority over Wike and in the process set Rivers state on fire. While the North and south west laughs, Rivers will be burning and Amaechi will get more accolades. The God of the common people of Rivers will protect us from this war which we know nothing about. Our only crime is voting Wike, who was more appealing to us. We now have to pay for it. God of justice will vindicate us.
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by biafranqueen: 4:27pm On Oct 31, 2015
If Fashola is the best you people have in that cabinet, we can look forward to progressively going backwards. Nigerians will surely see pepper in the next four years. Nobody can even fill one thread with accomplishments from this group of bandits.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by magaliyu(f): 4:28pm On Oct 31, 2015
Meanwhile the sin nators are still listening to Craig david song"Im walking away"

1 Like

Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by Fundango: 4:34pm On Oct 31, 2015
ade85:
I see fashola,amaechi,fayemi as the engine room oof the administration. It was their achievements that made baba win the southern votes.
you forgot Alhaji Lai Muhammad.grin

1 Like

Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by coolitempa(f): 4:42pm On Oct 31, 2015
Yanks101:
Adeosun is a light weight. The screening exposed her shallow depth.
Replacing Ngozi with adeosun would be an absolute downgrade that it would not even be funny.
Enemelah is the closest to NOI in this govt, even then he is still not in her level.

Hmmmmmm....this part is very worrying.... sad
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by EruditeclubEro: 4:58pm On Oct 31, 2015
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by EruditeclubEro: 4:59pm On Oct 31, 2015
Please check this link,Light need your help http:// www.nairaland.com/2517785/ save-light-great-fighterPlease
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by modath(f): 5:00pm On Oct 31, 2015
Jarus:

You're correct. Maybe I should say public sector pedigree. All the guys on their list have proven their mettle in public sector, and Ibe Kachikwu's short stay in NNPC. I also sense some (BBC) UK bias in their citation of Kemi.

I agree totally, but I don dey paranoid for my mind cos I no know you for careless talk, smiley

Heard Adeosun came up with the TSA...

Hopefully they ALL will walk the talk & fulfill the expectations of Nigerians...

2 Likes

Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by likila: 5:01pm On Oct 31, 2015
May fashola build website with their money, the way he built lagos website with billions of dollars!
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by yetunsbay(m): 5:05pm On Oct 31, 2015
jerrywool:
What is Amaechi doing thier?
ask BBC

1 Like

Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by Jesusloveyou: 5:18pm On Oct 31, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
List of best home based players in Nigeria professional league.

The technical competent of the coach is the problem because he is too bossy and averse to professional advice and irrational to international best practices.

I may be wrong but the experience of the General's first missionary journey wasn't impressive as less money were under circulation and purchasing power was nothing to discuss.

After all said and done, good governance is all about how much share of money and dividend of developmental projects did each Nigerian got and the differences it made in their respective lives.
that is where u are wrong, PMB is know for given free hand for anyone to excel, u can see how v.p is acting as president, Ibe have be operating nnpc with free hand, cbn gov have be given free hand, even perm sec from different ministries operate freely.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by Jesusloveyou: 5:38pm On Oct 31, 2015
Yanks101:
Replacing Ngozi with adeosun would be an absolute downgrade that it would not even be funny.
Enemelah is the closest to NOI in this govt, even then he is still not in her level.
hahahaha, NOI that cannot manage a local govt not to talk of state like gateway that now flex muscle with nigeria commercial capital city, i can't even pinpoint any achievement of NOI, she is like a phd holder without practical,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by Yanks101: 5:47pm On Oct 31, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
hahahaha, NOI that cannot manage a local govt not to talk of state like gateway that now flex muscle with nigeria commercial capital city, i can't even pinpoint any achievement of NOI, she is like a phd holder without practical,
You really don't know what you are saying.
Your country is irredeemable.
NOI has done ''practicals'' in much bigger places with far greater resources than Nigeria.
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by Jesusloveyou: 6:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
Yanks101:
You really don't know what you are saying.
Your country is irredeemable.
NOI has done ''practicals'' in much bigger places with far greater resources than Nigeria.
d same NOI that sink d economy that make d country irredeemable, her first coming under obj, she took our hard earn money all in d name of settling our debt emblezle by our corrupt leaders, without any benefits, her second coming, she borrow to steal, again without any benefits, in advanced country, they borrow for development not for consumption, stealing and sharing for an election

1 Like

Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by razid: 6:24pm On Oct 31, 2015
E be like say dem steal my list. Ojoro no good oooooooooooooooo.
The Think-tank
1. Babatunde Raji Fashola SAN
2. Dr Ibe Kachikwu
3. Dr Okechukwu Enyinna Enelama
4. Dr Kayode Fayemi
5. Professor Isaac Adewole
6. Engr Suleiman Adamu
7. James Ocholi
8. Kemi Adeosun
9. Lt.Gen Dr Abdulrahman Dambazau
10. Geoffrey Onyeama
11. Amina Muhammed
12. Dr Ogbonaya Onu
13. Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed
14. Solomon Dalong
15. Senator Udo Udo Udoma
16. Dr Osagie Ehanire
17. Ibrahim Usman Jibril
18. Abubakar Malami SAN
19. Senator Hadi Sirika
20. Muhammad Bello
The Political Expediencies
21. Professor Anthony Anwuka
22. Senator Aisha Alhassan
23. Abubakar Bawa Bwari
24. Chief Audu Ogbeh
25. Mallam Adamu Adamu
27. Barr. Adebayo Shittu
28. Rtd Brigadier-General Muhammad Mansur Dan-Ali
29. Dr Chris Ngige
30. Rotimi Amaechi
31. Senator Heineken Lokpobiri
32. Pastor Usani Usani
33. Alhaji Lai Muhammed
34. Mustapha Baba Shehuri
35. Professor Claudius Omoleye Daramola
36. Aisha Abubakar

The metrics are based on their performances at the ministerial screening viz-a-viz the number of questions asked by the Senators in different/particular fields, the time spent in the screening exercise, the robustness of their answers, their abilities to articulate their thoughts with clarity, their confidence levels, etc. One thing you can't take away from the whole exercise is that it gave us the opportunity to really assess the nominees based on their antecedents. Whether they perform better or not is relative and subjective, but all in all I want to give kudos to both the 8th Senate and the nominees. Though there were some pockets of ridiculous questions here and there, but an ardent observer would see that the Senators really asked some germane questions that actually on some national issues. We can't get a perfect system but we could work towards making our systems to be perfect.

In my humble opinion, the first 20 would definitely going to be the mover and shaker of this administration. However, this doesn't preclude the fact that most of the political expedient ministers may not find their way into the think-tank. In the same vein, I think whether we like it or not, we must commend all those that came together to put forward these names. Arguably it might not be our best, but it is certainly one of the best we can come up with. Two people that I think are missing in the list are Professor Pat Utomi and Dr Oby Ezekwesili. My hope is that the two of them will be given some roles to play in this administration e.g. Professor Pat Utomi as Chief Economic Adviser to the President or something like that. Dr Ezekwesili will definitely play a significant role as she was featured in the last NESG 2015. I've always believed that Nigerian problems can only be solved by Nigerians. With the calibre of this team, one thing is certain and all things being equal, if we don't get "there" in the next four years, we will nearly get "there". grin

On the current mountainous crises facing the country, I don't believe that they are insurmountable. One thing I know for sure is that Nigeria is always at his best when nobody gives her a chance. The civil war, the military incursions, and if we are to talk about sport, Nigeria Vs USSR at Saudi '89, Nigeria vs Brazil Atlanta '96, Nigeria vs Spain France '98, and recently the curtailing of ebola virus in the country last year to the bewilderment of the whole world are some of those things that give me the confidence that no matter the problems we have at hand, we will come out of it victorious. grin grin grin
https://www.nairaland.com/2701990/how-ministerial-nominees-fared-just#39515407

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by nakamora: 7:31pm On Oct 31, 2015
Splashme:
All Amaechi is coming to do is fight Wike and Rivers PDP

Buhari is Nigeria's most sectional president.
For that reason, he could not see beyond ethnic and religious lines for clean
and competent Nigerians to continue the transformation of Nigeria.

Amaechi should as a matter of fact send thug called wike & his killers squad to jail.I know your a member of Wike's killers squad that is why your afraid.
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by OYAY(m): 7:48pm On Oct 31, 2015
Yanks101:

And the sophistication or high grade of this your NOI brought Nigeria on her knee which we are still wallowing in! Administrative proficiency is not about certificate acquiring!
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by kettykin: 8:08pm On Oct 31, 2015
Does this lack lustre team measure up with Johnathan's world class team.
Can this team deliver Nigeria from the economic doldrums.

Is this the change Nigeria voted for '

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Professor Yemi Osinbajo On Consultation Tour To Ibadan (Photos) / Bandits Block Enugu-Port Harcourt Highway, Burn Army Van, Kidnap Passengers / Celebration In Kano As PDP Candidate, Yusuf Leads Apc's Ganduje! (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.