Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,205 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC (44567 Views)

Amaechi Mesmerizes Buhari's Cabinet Members? (Photos) / Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage / 3 PDP Governors In Buhari’s Team To Cameroon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by Orikinla(m): 8:41pm On Oct 31, 2015
The Seven Wise Men.
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 31, 2015
Splashme:
Apart from Ibe Kachikwu and Amina Muhammed
the rest 35 nominees are deadwoods with nothing really to offer than
play politics with every matter

Nigeria is doomed

Who iz dis?

Kemi Adeosun want to play politics ba....

Person hep hold dis man ooo
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by ODUBEZE: 10:24pm On Oct 31, 2015
PassingShot:

Tell me what issues Ibe Kachikwu, Okechukwu Emelana, Ogbonnaya Onu, Kemi Adeosun and Ocholi have got.
Ocholi? I mentioned Ocholi James.
I listened to Okechukwus' screening, I saw how he was evading questions which a senate also noted.
He was playing politics.
In general, many of these people you mentioned have hold one post or the other, what extra ordinary thing have they done?
What are they known for?
Ibe Kachikwu sacked workers and according to him, it is to save money for the govt. even when the govt. promised to create more job. How many REPS reduce their salaries in other to save money but as usual it is the masses that is always at the receiving end.
Nigeria right now needs people that can deliver not just ordinary people but extraordinary people!
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by nobeku: 7:07am On Nov 01, 2015
Splashme:
Apart from Ibe Kachikwu and Amina Muhammed
the rest 35 nominees are deadwoods with nothing really to offer than
play politics with every matter

Nigeria is doomed
YOU ARE A FOOOOOOOOOL.. And you might just remain one for the rest of your life.. Being dull is in your DNA... So what about THE Abia medical doctor/accountant from Goldman Sachs? You are truly one BIG OKPO...
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by nobeku: 7:12am On Nov 01, 2015
Yanks101:
Adeosun is a light weight. The screening exposed her shallow depth.
Replacing Ngozi with adeosun would be an absolute downgrade that it would not even be funny.
Enemelah is the closest to NOI in this govt, even then he is still not in her level.
NOI is a BIG LEARNER compared to Enemelah.. It goes to show you don't even understand how to grade these technocratic bigwigs...

1 Like

Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by utuk: 7:33am On Nov 01, 2015
Nonsense
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by 989900: 7:46am On Nov 01, 2015
razid:
E be like say dem steal my list. Ojoro no good oooooooooooooooo.
The Think-tank

The Political Expediencies

The metrics are based on their performances at the ministerial screening viz-a-viz the number of questions asked by the Senators in different/particular fields, the time spent in the screening exercise, the robustness of their answers, their abilities to articulate their thoughts with clarity, their confidence levels, etc. One thing you can't take away from the whole exercise is that it gave us the opportunity to really assess the nominees based on their antecedents. Whether they perform better or not is relative and subjective, but all in all I want to give kudos to both the 8th Senate and the nominees. Though there were some pockets of ridiculous questions here and there, but an ardent observer would see that the Senators really asked some germane questions that actually on some national issues. We can't get a perfect system but we could work towards making our systems to be perfect.

In my humble opinion, the first 20 would definitely going to be the mover and shaker of this administration. However, this doesn't preclude the fact that most of the political expedient ministers may not find their way into the think-tank. In the same vein, I think whether we like it or not, we must commend all those that came together to put forward these names. Arguably it might not be our best, but it is certainly one of the best we can come up with. Two people that I think are missing in the list are Professor Pat Utomi and Dr Oby Ezekwesili. My hope is that the two of them will be given some roles to play in this administration e.g. Professor Pat Utomi as Chief Economic Adviser to the President or something like that. Dr Ezekwesili will definitely play a significant role as she was featured in the last NESG 2015. I've always believed that Nigerian problems can only be solved by Nigerians. With the calibre of this team, one thing is certain and all things being equal, if we don't get "there" in the next four years, we will nearly get "there". grin

On the current mountainous crises facing the country, I don't believe that they are insurmountable. One thing I know for sure is that Nigeria is always at his best when nobody gives her a chance. The civil war, the military incursions, and if we are to talk about sport, Nigeria Vs USSR at Saudi '89, Nigeria vs Brazil Atlanta '96, Nigeria vs Spain France '98, and recently the curtailing of ebola virus in the country last year to the bewilderment of the whole world are some of those things that give me the confidence that no matter the problems we have at hand, we will come out of it victorious. grin grin grin
https://www.nairaland.com/2701990/how-ministerial-nominees-fared-just#39515407

That's the spirit!

Can they start doing something constructive already?
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by 989900: 7:50am On Nov 01, 2015
If I were the FG, I'd buy all the farm lands in the country using PPP, or buy all the farm produce in the country using PPP.

#unemploymentsolved

#forexsolved

#povertyalleviated
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by Yanks101: 11:42am On Nov 01, 2015
nobeku:
NOI is a BIG LEARNER compared to Enemelah.. It goes to show you don't even understand how to grade these technocratic bigwigs...
lol. You are joking right?
Enemelah biggest achievement was working for goldmann sachs, one of the many private financial institutions in the world, a major one none the less.
Okonjo iweala was one of the directors of the world bank for a very long time and almost became the sole head but for american geo-politics.
I am sure you can't comapre the world bank to goldmann sacchs.
Enemelah would be honoured to attain okonjo achievements.
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by tolayemi: 1:28pm On Nov 01, 2015
jerrywool:
What is Amaechi doing thier?
the news says "ministees to watch out for" , it might be on negative note
Re: Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC by Horus(m): 2:01am On Nov 12, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjr86nQdbPk

[size=15pt]Nigeria gets cabinet ministers[/size]

Nigeria swears in the new government after more than five months of waiting, with 36 ministers and junior ministers taking the oath of allegiance and being handed formal roles.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

El-rufai Reveals APC Members Buhari Must Deal With Before 2023 Elections / Governor Obiano Commissions Nengo Bridge, Nteje And Others (Photos) / Bandits Block Enugu-Port Harcourt Highway, Burn Army Van, Kidnap Passengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.