Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,075 members, 7,852,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:06 PM

Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library (3232 Views)

Tunde Ayeni -chief Financier Of Pres.goodluck-is At The Inaugural Ball / REVEALED: APC FINANCIER OF THE BRINGBACKOURGIRLS CAMPAIGN / Chanchangi Denies, After Being Named As Sponsor/Financier Of Bokoharam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by BigB11(m): 2:49am On Oct 16, 2006
or should I say you escaped long time ago?
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by Odeku(m): 3:01am On Oct 16, 2006
BigB1 you are one big full you can not fool me and the world, ADENUGA made IS using IBB money

read this story. do you know how many people driving cab in America that cant even afford a house. Its all camouflage

http://www.gasandoil.com/GOC/company/cna32315.htm
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by Odeku(m): 3:03am On Oct 16, 2006
WHO WAS MIKE ADENUGA before IBB?
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by BigB11(m): 3:17am On Oct 16, 2006
Dude, I'm starting to believe that you can not read.

Are you ok? Did you read the story in the link you've posted?

I truly believe that couple of screws are missing in your head.

It's amusing how you want to be involved and how much you want to contribute, but you just don't have what it takes. Day after day, you continue to prove it.

Please let it go and allow others who are informed and purely competent to discuss these topics.
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by BigB11(m): 3:20am On Oct 16, 2006
But thanks for the link, most of the content is correct.
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by Odeku(m): 3:29am On Oct 16, 2006
DUDE ADENUga is a product of IBB he got all his wealth from IBB, we are getting the details, be on the look out in the next 30 days you will be reading ans seeing reports on your dad and all his under cover operations. We will nail your family one way or the other. Its easy for you to seats in front of a pc all day since you benefiting from your dad illgotten wealth. its useless talking to you its like talking to a dead wall.
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by frenchman(m): 1:22pm On Oct 16, 2006
Odeku,
Im very sorry for you, all the menial work you hv been doing overseas have gotten into your head which has made you not to be able to reason well again.You have surely lost touch with this country. We should be objective and not dwell on sentiments, if you have a personal problem with Adenuga, you may take it up with him as a person rather than wipe up sentiment.
From the link you gave, he was born in 1953 and he was already a millionaire at 26 years old. Are you so dull that you dont know that, that was 1979? Was IBB in power in 1979?
Whichever you look at it, this man has made a phenomenal success and is a role model for many young upward moving Nigerians not Nigerians like you who are mere political jobbers. You even said you will collect IBB's money, what a shame,  I thought people like Daniel Kanu of YEAA fame are no more, but how wrong was I,
He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not is fool, flee from him.
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by Odeku(m): 4:32pm On Oct 16, 2006
Franceman i cant even understand what you are trying to say, but one thing i can see from the name your have a colonial name, the name slave masters gave to blacks in france "Frenchman" Have you ever been to the airport to even contemplating traveling, I'm all around and well sounded, as dumb and stupid as you are. call anyone in the state and they will tell you with that sorry ass story ADENUGA gave on how he was a multi millionaire from driving cab and selling radio is a cover up, what was his company name before IBB? did you read the story he had high connection in government, which directly linked him back to IBB, there was another story of this fool saying he meet a French man at the airport that inspired him to go into oil, I guess that is why my eyes are open cause I'm more liberated than your punk ass flush your head down the toilet with that slave name French gay.
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by BigB11(m): 7:26pm On Oct 16, 2006
ODEKU: Don't listen to people, you are smart enough to continue to do your research.

Driving cab was when he was in school and it's was by choice.

Selling radio was when he first returned back to Nigeria.

He was also involved in many other successful business ventures before the rise of IBB.

Trust me, this man has been a serious business man probably before you were born.

How many people in your family became millionaires at the age of 26 years?

It seems to me that you have personal issue with this  cat; you need to stop hating and get yourself together, because haters never never prosper.

Note: Show some home training, you need to stop calling him a fool; he's probably older than your father.
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by Odeku(m): 8:16pm On Oct 16, 2006
Dude what do you call a blind man leading a blind man, if you have any common sense, he was in Oklahoma for is BSC at what age did he return to Nigeria and how long was he in the radio business before he became a millionaire, i know he is older and richer than my dad cause its IBB money that this guy is fronting, how come IBB will not come to USA? we have the inside scope on his monkey ass.
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by BigB11(m): 8:33pm On Oct 16, 2006
ODEKU: I'm done discussing this topic with you. It seems that you just continue to go on and on in a circle; your premise is cloudy and has no stamina; this is because you really don't take the time to understand one's comment before replying.

You are starting to give me headache and I can't take it anymore.

You are my man at any time and I wish you well with everything.

One love.
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by BigB11(m): 8:36pm On Oct 16, 2006
It's either you're very young and still have a lot to learn or you just don't have it, period.

I'm done and out.

Good luck, my friend.
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by Odeku(m): 9:17pm On Oct 16, 2006
I will never be a friend tyo IBB son monkey dude
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by buchio7(m): 11:42pm On Oct 16, 2006
Children, children, ease off on d swear words as well as d overexcitement. The aim of d thread has been defeated by all dis outbursts of emotion. Chineke duo ndi nke ya
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by Odeku(m): 1:13am On Oct 17, 2006
I am a lover not a fighter but when you have monkeys that have never worked a day in their life and they think they can tell us what is going on because their father gave them millions to fly around, shame of you BigB1 and your lover
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by olawa20(m): 5:54pm On Feb 17, 2007
stop acting like babies instead of just doing a simple google search

Read this;
http://www.efccnigeria.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=956&Itemid=2

Even the EFCC is temperate in its characterization and choice of words.

Whatever the problem is with the EFCC, I hope Adenuga is willing to come back home someday to clear his name

There's no doubt Adenuga is doing a lot in this country. He's one of the businesspeople we should be proud of. But he doesnt do him or anybody else any good if he bolts from law enforcement agencies
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by BigB11(m): 6:43pm On Feb 17, 2007
Your insight on this matter is appreciated.

But I must correct one of your comments.

But he doesn't do him or anybody else any good if he bolts from law enforcement agencies

I do not blame him for his most intelligent decision to get out of the way for the politicians to do their thing.

I'm 100% sure that the man is strong and doing well where ever he may be.

Eventhough he's currently away from home, but all his businesses continue to prosper; I believe they've just signed a 600 million Dollars deal with another telecommunication company to empower their services to Nigerian people. Few months ago, they also introduced the first blackberry in Nigeria. More people find it extremely feasible to reach their folks in the village and all across the world with Mike Adenuga's incredible services.
They've also signed a new contract with the Green Eagles new coach.
In few weeks, they will be doing the second CAF award in Ghana to commend all the African athletes (soccer stars) from all over the world; This is another method to display to the world in general that Africa is capable.

This is to show folks that when you're blessed by GOD with wisdom; Haters could only try, but they will never succeed.

May God continue to bless this man and I hope his magnificent spirit to develop his country, Nigeria never goes away.
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by BigB11(m): 8:12pm On Feb 17, 2007
This short article just came in this morning:

Lagos, Nigeria

Confederation of African Football (CAF) has given Globacom chairman Mike Adenuga its highest honour of Order of Merit in Gold crowning him Pillar of Football in Africa.

Adenuga, along with Sudan's President, Beshir al-Bashir, and the heads of state of CAF founding fathers - Egypt, Ethiopia and South Africa was so honoured at CAF's General assembly in Khartoum, Sudan, which was part of the events marking the confederation's Golden Jubilee celebrations.

According to a CAF offical, Adenuga has been personally involved in promoting and developing football not only in his country but across the continent. It was therefore very easy to get the executive committee to agree to bestow on him our highest honour.

Without a doubt, Adenuga is the Pillar of African Football.

Adenuga, through his telecommunications company Globacom, has been bank rolling the CAF awards since 2005.

Globacom is also the title sponsor of the Nigerian Premier League for the next four years as well as the major sponsor of the countrya-s national teams.

The company has also in the past been the shirt sponsor of two-time African champions Enyimba.
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by BigB11(m): 8:15pm On Feb 17, 2007
It is up to us to identify the contributors and the non-contributors.
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by BigB11(m): 4:14am On Feb 18, 2007
17/2/07
Ghana’s Minister of Presidential Affairs, Mr Kwawo Mpiani, has proclaimed Globacom Limited, Africa's fastest growing telecommunication network, as a credible and good corporate citizen that should be invited to invest in Ghana, just as he commended the company for donating one billion cedis to Ghana's historic 50th Independence Anniversary.

At a presentation ceremony held at the presidential Castle, Osu, Accra on Thursday, Mr Mpiani who doubles as the Chief of Staff at the Presidency, thanked Globacom for its generous donation to Ghana's 50th Independence Anniversary celebration even though it has not started operating in Ghana.

Mr. Mpiani, who is also the Chairman of the National Planning Committee of the 50th Independence Anniversary, said he was particularly impressed with Globacom's operational achievements within just three-and-a-half years in operation.

"We have investigated you and confirmed that you are a credible organisation. I am happy to note the rapid progress made by your company within such a short time. This is a rare achievement and yours is the kind of corporate citizens that should be invited to invest in Ghana", he said.

He pledged the support of the people and government of Ghana to Globacom. Globacom's Head of New Markets and Special Projects, Mr. Yinka Olafimihan, who presented the cheque of one billion cedis to the Chief of Staff on behalf of Globacom Chairman, Dr. Mike Adenuga Jr, said the donation "is a token of our love and admiration to the government and good people of this great country. We believe that we do not have to wait till we launch our operation in Ghana before contributing our own little quota to your celebrations".

He commended the government and people of Ghana for nurturing peace and tranquility in the country and for their friendly disposition towards investors.

"We wish to note that since we expressed our interest to do business in Ghana, we have been accepted with open arms by both the people and government.

"Let us assure you that we see Ghana as home. We want to be an integral part of your life as we have been in Nigeria in the past three-and-a-half years", Olafimihan told the Chief of Staff.

Earlier, Globacom had also donated US$50,000 to the CAN 2008 Business Club in Accra as a modest contribution towards the successful hosting of the 2008 African Cup of Nations by Ghana.

Globacom Limited began operation in Nigeria in August 2003 as the country’s second national telecommunications carrier.

In line with its vision of building the biggest and most efficient telecommunications network in Africa, Globacom quickly deployed its world class telecommunications infrastructure across Nigeria, crashing the cost of telephony in the country and introduced innovative products and services.

Regarded as Nigeria’s most innovative telecommunications company, Globacom raised the bar on value propositions for subscribers by introducing onto the market a bouquet of products and services, including Per Second Billing, Mobile Internet and Blackberry. The network has also successfully conducted a 3G trial.

Over the past three and a half years, Globacom has endeared itself to Nigerian telecommunication subscribers as a compassionate and socially responsible corporate entity with a strong tradition of giving back to the society.

The company sponsored the 2003 All Africa Games held in Nigeria even when it had not fully launched its operations in the country and is currently the official sponsor of the Nigerian Premier League (Christened The Globacom Premier League).

Globacom is also the official sponsor of all the national teams of Nigeria and it recently took up the responsibility of paying the salary of Mr. Berti Vogts, the new Technical Director of the Super Eagles from now till the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

All these factors contributed towards making Globacom the fastest growing telecommunications network in Africa, serving over 12 million subscribers across Nigeria.

The company took over the sponsorship of CAF’s Annual Awards ceremony in 2005 and has since transformed the event into the biggest sports fiesta on the continent.

The prestigious continental 2006 GLO-CAF Awards was incorporated into the itinerary of Ghana's 50th anniversary celebrations earlier in February when Ghana@ 50 Chairman, Dr. Charles Wereko-Brobby met with Globacom’s Director of Promotions, Events & Sponsorship, Mr. Folu Aderibigbe.

The main GLO-CAF Awards event, slated for March 1, 2007 at the Accra International Conference Centre, will be graced by the Presidents of the Republic of Ghana, Nigeria, Togo and Benin Republic, stars of the as well as the awards nominees and the CAF President, Alhaji Issa Hayatou and his executive committee members.
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by Nobody: 6:22am On Feb 18, 2007
Globacom is great man and to think, they just started off the other day. Nice corporate planning and execution.

@BigB1

Can IBB and Adenuga do any wrong in your eyes?. . .You hold on tight to these guys' balls for whatever reason.
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by BigB11(m): 11:51pm On Feb 18, 2007
@Donzman:

by Donzman
Can IBB and Adenuga do any wrong in your eyes?. . .You hold on tight to these guys' balls for whatever reason.

Why do you have to go there?
It is totally unnecessary and you know that you're bigger and better than that; absolutely no need to go that low.

The focus should be on ADENUGA as a great Nigerian and what each and everyone of us could do to follow the same path to move our lovely country forward.

I've posted two incredible development that occurred few days ago regarding Globacom; please pay attention to these articles and see if you could see what I'm starting to realize.

Let us work together as one and give respect to the ones that deserve respect.
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by BigB11(m): 1:27am On Feb 22, 2007
Globacom extends deal with Supporters Club
Towards ensuring a successful campaign for the Super Eagles in the Ghana 2008 Nations Cup qualifiers, Globacom Limited, the sponsor of the National teams will, on Thursday, extend the sponsorship contract of the Nigeria Football Supporters Club (NFSC).

The presentation will coincide with the official visit of the Chairman of the National Sports Commission, Engineer Bawa Ka’oje to Globacom. It is the first visit of the NSC boss to a corporate organisation in his new capacity.

The NFSC had, in 2003, signed a N10million per annum five-year sponsorship deal with Globacom, but sources say the fee may be revised upwards at the ceremony billed for the Mike Adenuga Towers corporate headquarters of the telecommunication giant.

“Nigerians are passionate about football and the success of the Super Eagles and the other national teams bring greater joy to our people, hence Globacom will support every institution and effort that will make Nigeria rule the world of football,” remarked Harry Iwuala of Globacom Sponsorship Department.

Dr. Rafiu Ladipo, the President-General of NFSC spent the better part of last week with Globacom officials, discussing the 2007 football calendar. “Globacom remains the No1 supporter of football in Nigeria, not just for the money they are committing to the game but also the ideas. It is a company with a passion for football and the Supporters Club will always identify with them in their plans to take our football to new heights”, Ladipo said.

Ladipo recalled that in the last three years, Globacom has positively touched all sectors of Nigerian football with the most recent being the hiring of an expatriate coach for the national team. “For us in the football family, Globacom is our champion brand because it is a company that has identified with us from the grassroots to the highest level. We have to specially thank Dr. Mike Adenuga, the Chairman of Globacom for his generosity and total support for football, most especially, the hiring of Berti Vogts for our national teams”, the Supporters Club boss stated.
Globacom is the title sponsor of the Nigeria Premier League and Official Partner of the Nigeria Football Association (NFA).
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by BigB11(m): 1:24am On Feb 24, 2007
Africa: Essien, Drogba And Eto'o to Storm Accra

February 22, 2007

ON MARCH 1, the entire continent and Accra in particular will stand still as soccer greats will converge at the Accra International Conference Centre for the GLOBACOM CAF Awards.

And before the big event, the sponsors of the event, GLOBACOM Limited, Nigeria's second National Telecommunication operator has given the assurance that the stage is set for the much-anticipated ceremony.

At a press briefing at the Alisa Hotel in Accra yesterday, the Head of Public Relations and Outdoor Advertising of GLOBACOM, Mr. Bode Opeseitan gave the media the assurance that plans are far advanced to fly down the three nominees gunning for the top-most award-Michael Essien, Didier Drogba and Samuel Eto'O Fils.

"Dr. Mike Adenuga, Chairman of GLOBACOM, has put private jets at the disposal of the nominees and we are not just interested in flying down the three nominees, but striving to bring down former soccer greats," he said.

He said their quest to achieve that dream has seen his outfit traveling across Europe and parts of Africa to contact high profile soccer stars as Zambia's Kalusha Bwalya, Roger Mila, Thomas Nkono of Cameroun, Laurent Pokou of Cote d'Ivoire, Segun Odegbami, Stephen Keshi, Augustine Eguavoen of Nigeria, Egypt's Hossan Hassam, Mamoud El-Khateeb and of course maestro Abedi Ayew Pele, Marcel Desaily and Tony Yeboah, among others.

Mr. Opeseitan added that the event will be managed by True Colours Group, a South African Events Management Company, and in their pursuit to improve and add style to this African event, music artistes such as Ghana's Batman Samini, Nigeria's Lagbaja , Yvonne Chaka Chaka of South Africa, Petit Megelito of Benin and Soweto Gospel Choir are expected in Accra to grace the occasion.

Having sponsored the awards for five years, GLOBACOM said they are determined to take the event to new heights.
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by jaso1(m): 12:40pm On Feb 24, 2007
for those in support of otunba and baba opposition your comments are highly welcome but i want us to believe that we should simplify the argument to corruption which the both team belong. these people are devil tools use in destroyig Nigeria economy. if we have a confimed criminal in cabal of retrogressive group, trading in nigerian with our stolen wealth what class would you all grouped him?
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by BigB11(m): 7:21pm On Feb 24, 2007
Globacom hands N15 million to Supporters

FA Chairman, Sani Lulu Abdulahi for the umpteenth time denied meeting any dime in the coffers of the Nigeria Football Association saying that they had written formally to former Chairman, Ibrahim Galadima to come forward and explain where he left the $1.5 million dollars he allegedly left behind.

“I’ve read stories where Galadima said that he left $1.5 million for NFA. I did not meet any dime but inherited N300 million debt. I have written formally inviting Galadima to come and help us unravel the mystery over the missing money”, Lulu said. The Chairman said that he had difficult times operating without cash when he assumed office. “It was Dr Mike Adenuga that came to our rescue. He was like an Angel.

Without any prompting, he gave the FA N210 million. It was the money that we used to prosecute the Nations Cup qualifier against Lesotho and the hordes of hoteliers that were breathing down on me. Honestly, Glo is a friend in need”. Lulu who accompanied NSC Chairman Bala Bawa Ka’Oje to Globacom’s renewing of a N15 million contract with Supporters Club said.

Ka’Oje praised Globacom’s praised Globacom’s stride in sports development in the country noting that President Obasanjo was appreciative of their contributions. He however assured Nigerians that the coming of German coach, Berti Vogts(courtesy of Globacom) would bring joy to millions of soccer fans. “With Vogts, Nigeria will emerge winners in any competition we enter into.

We’ll represent Africa well in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. He will propel us back to our position of pride in the FIFA ranking. I am happy to come to say thank you to Glo and to also admire this massive and beautiful structure called Mike Adenuga Towers”, he said as rapturous applause followed.
President General of Supporters Club, Dr Rafiu Ladipo with his army of supporters thrilled the audience and praised glo to high heavens.
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by BigB11(m): 7:27pm On Feb 24, 2007
African legends Invade Accra - For Glo-CAF Award

Cemerounians Roger Milla and Thomas Nkono, 1988 African best footballer, Kalusha Bwalya, Nigerian Segun 'Mathematical' Odegbami, Ghana's Abedi Pele and Anthony Yeboah are among African football living legends who will converge at the Accra 'Pink Lady' (International Conference Centre) next week to celebrate the outstanding achievements of the continent's game in 2006 at the Glo-CAF Awards gala.

Other soccer greats expected in town include Egyptians Hossam Hassan and Mahmoud El Kateeb, Togo's Nigerian coach, Stephen Keshi, and ex-Nigeria coach Agustine Eguavoen, Ghana-born French star, Marcel Desailly, and Laurent Pokou, the Ivorian great who is the all-time leading scorer in African Cup of Nations history.

Together with some of Africa's premier music artistes like South African songstress Yvonne Chaka Chaka, the masked Lagbadja of Nigeria and the Grammy Award-winning Soweto Gospel Choir and Ghanaian hiplife star Batman Samini, the Accra International Conference Centre will host perhaps the biggest football gala event to take place in the city in recent times.

With President John Agyekum Kufuor in attendance as the Special Guest of Honour, the 'Pink Lady' will roll out the red carpet for the biggest achievers in African football is 2006 in a showbiz-style atmosphere where the Head of State will receive the Glo-CAF Platinum Award.

It is an honour instituted last year for government officials who have used their office to promote the development of football and foster peace in Africa.

Last year host president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo of Nigeria received the award at the inaugural Glo-CAF Awards held in the Nigerian captial, Abuja.

All eyes, though, will be on Ghana's star player Michael Essien and his Chelsea teammate, Didier Drogba, and Camerounian Samuel Eto'o who will compete for the coveted crown of 2006 African Footballer of the Year, the highlight of the night’s event.

In a no-expense-sparred approach, Nigerian cellular communication giant, Globalcom, is sending two private aircraft belonging to its founder, Dr Mike Adenuga Jnr., to Europe to ensure that Essien, Drobga and Eto'o are all present at the event which will attract the glitterati in African football led by CAF President Alhaji Issa Hayatou, Ghana government officials and corporate heavyweights from Ghana and Nigeria.

Mr Bode Opeseitan, Globalcom's Head of Public Relations and Outdoor Advertising, told a news conference in Accra last Wednesday that the company has put in measures to ensure that most of the award winners are present at the ceremony.

"Globalcom is not just concerned with the attendance of the top three nominees; we are also striving to bring to Accra the nominees in all 13 categories, as well as former African stars and leading football personalities," Mr Opeseitan said.

Eto’o has won the African prize for three years and could win an unprecedented fourth continental prize on March 1 in Accra.

Apart from Essien who will seek to become only the fourth Ghanaian after Ibrahim Sunday, Abdul Razak and Abedi Pele to be crowned African best footballer, Ghana will be strongly represented in other categories of the awards.

Black Stars and Udinese striker Asamoah Gyan is one of three contestants for the Young Player of the Year prize, Black Queens' Sheila Okine will seek to follow the footsteps of Alberta Sackey and Adjoa Bayor to become the third Ghanaian to win the African best female footballer award.

Okine competes with Nigeria's Cynthia Uwak and Portia Modise of South Africa.

The Black Stars, Africa's best performer at the 2006 FIFA World Cup, will vie for the National Team of the Year Award with the Super Eagles of Nigeira and Elephants of Cote d'Ivoire.

The awards had been tied to Ghana’s independence golden jubilee anniversary, and as a result many leading figures in the corporate world, government officials and other Ghanaian football personalities and hordes of jouurnalists will be in attendance.

Information gathered by the Graphic Sports indicates that a large Nigerian delegation of about 300 led by Globalcom’s Dr Adenuga Jnr., the grand patron of the event, are expected in the country early next week for the gala night.
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by donnymikky(m): 10:36am On Feb 25, 2007
Big B1 and Frenchman I dont know why you are exchanging words with ODEKU who seem to have lost touch with the happenings at home. If you guys still deem it fit to trade words with him(ODEKU) kindly remind him that Nigeria no longer operates REGIONAL SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT because i guess he left for Chikago during that era. grin
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by BigB11(m): 4:22pm On Feb 25, 2007
Glo/CAF Awards - Globacom Assembles Veterans in Accra
As the clock ticks on the Glo/CAF African Footballer of the Year Award, officials of the sponsoring company Globacom said arrangements have been made to fly in African football legends from their respective abode for the awards billed for March 1 in Accra, Ghana.

Globacom chief operating officer, Muhammad Jameel disclosed yesterday that, African greats like Roger Milla of Cameroon, Kalusha Bwalya of Zambia, Marcel Dasailly and others have all given their nod to attend the occasion.

In addition, West African head of states like Olusegun Obasanjo, Thomas Boni Yayi of Benin Republic and Togo's Faure Gnassingbe have all given their consent to attend, others who were invited are still being expected to respond.

"Everything is on course we intend to make a show of the awards; we are going to fly in almost all the 13 nominees.

"Being a Nigerian company it is going to be a Nigerian show, and we have lined up great Nigerian artists. There is also others from Benin Republic and Ghana," Jameel added.

Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by BigB11(m): 4:37pm On Feb 25, 2007
If you have the opportunity, I recommend to everyone to attend the[b] Globacom CAF Award[/b], which is scheduled to take place next month in Ghana.

Come and experience African wonder, which is full of admiration, amazement, Africanism, professionalism, perfectionism and supremacy.

Absolutely nothing but the best.
Believe me, satisfaction is guarantee and you will definitely be proud to be a Nigerian or an African.
Re: Mike Adenuga Major Financier Of The Obj Library by BigB11(m): 2:54pm On Feb 26, 2007
Glo-CAF Awards: It is now confirmed "Drogba, Essien hit Accra Wednesday"

Officials of English Premier League side, Chelsea FC on Friday formally informed the Confederation of
African Football (CAF) and Awards sponsors, Globacom Limited that the duo of Michael Essien and Didier Drogba have been released to attend the 2006 Glo-CAF Awards ceremony in Accra, Ghana.
Drogba, the Ivorien star and his team-mate, Essien of
Ghana are among the top three African players in contention for the prestigious Glo-CAF Player of the Year award holding on Thursday.
Suleiman Habuba, CAF Director who was in London with Mike Ituemagbor, consultant to Globacom, revealed that the players were released with a letter signed by the Secretary of the London club on Friday, February 23.
Suleiman said the release of the players was sequel to series of meetings initiated by Mr. Itemuagbor following initial refusal of the club management to let the stars attend the ceremony.
However, Itemuagbor, the Chief Executive Officer of
Pamodzi Sports Marketing, attributed the breakthrough to the support of Dr.Mike Adenuga, whom he said was very accommodating of the conditions set forth by Chelsea club officials.
On the initial difficulties to secure the release of the players, Itemuagbor remarked, “You know the season both in England and Europe has reached crucial stages and we are talking about two players who have between them helped the fortunes of the club in all competitions. But Dr. Adenuga, the Chairman of
Globacom said he was willing to please the club by making available a private jet to fly in the players from London and back… that was the leverage we had in the discussions.”
Habuba disclosed that the players will arrive in Ghana on Wednesday with club’s Communications Director. He also said efforts are still being made to secure the release of Samuel Eto’o of Barcelona.
“Globacom has been very committed to ensuring that for the first time, all three nominees will attend the ceremony and this is quite commendable because it will set the tone for future ceremonies. We are very pleased with the development and wish to commend Globacom,” Habuba stated.

(1) (2) (Reply)

12 People Killed In Fresh Attack In Riyom Jos / Watch The Killing Of A Biafran Soldier / Race To Aso Rock(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.