Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,513 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! (32172 Views)

My Husband Not Talking To Me, Because I Gave A Man Wrong Number / ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ / I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 31, 2015
sonofananimal:
did you understand my statement undecided

I hope you mistake me from another user

yes I mistaked it o no vex ,i wanted to reply a user who said she failed because she was busy playing in school.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Marksule(m): 7:16pm On Oct 31, 2015
ZUBY77:

A man said he will never forgive her daughter and you Blockhead still think he was upset.

Do you really know the meaning of "think"?

WARNING: dont you Ever call me Blockhead you hear....
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
wahabian:

yes I mistaked it o no vex ,i wanted to reply a user who said she failed because she was busy playing in school.
yeap. Cool
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 31, 2015
Your father said he had never failed? grin He is a liar. grin And since he is a liar, he also lies when he says that he will never forgive you. wink

Don't let it get to you. Everything shall come to pass. wink Don't beat yourself up and be easy on yourself. It is human to fail one time or another and another, sometimes. wink

Singing
Don't you worry, don't you worry child, heaven got a plan for you. wink

1 Like

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 31, 2015
Befitting:
Hey Nairalanders, your advice and kind words might help me to get through with this challenge I'm having.
I graduated from the university early this year, immediately after my graduation my alma mata embarked on a 5months strike. As a result of this, I moved to lagos to enroll in a fashion and design academy, with the hope that immediately after the strike, we'll get our result and go for NYSC. The going was good until I received my result with a spill. I had just a course to rewrite, I thought the school will wave it since it was just one course so I decided to work it out but that didn't work. This resulted with me been left out when some of my mates are already in camp now. The feeling is devastating.
Now, I'm back home to rewrite the course. My father is really angry with, he said I've brought shame upon him and myself and he'll never forgive me. According to him, he has never failed in his life so why would I? He's making it look as if he sent me to school and I just played with his money. I feel like a failure and disappointment. I don't know what to do...feel like running away cos this man is terrible!!

If you ever read this note the following:

i. Your father loves you and expect nothing less than success from you.
ii. Focus on rewriting your examinations.
iii. You run away, you will face a harsher world that cares not for failures.
iv. I do not understand what you meant by the bolded. What were you thinking, going about working what out? do not seek short cut as there is "No short cut to true success in life".
v. Read, read, and ... read and kill this course once and for all.
vi. Do not mind those encouraging you that your father lied that he has never failed. I believe that he actually meant that he has never failed his examinations. That may be true and he expects same from you.
vii. Go to your father and apologise to him for this failure. If you are too afraid to go to him, write an apology letter to him and promise to work on this. Tell him that you understand how he feels but that you want to promise him that you are even more hurt than him for this.

Have a great week ahead.

4 Likes

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by ststyreal(f): 7:43pm On Oct 31, 2015
Parents will always remain parents. Am sure popsy doesn't mean those words, he probably spoke that way so u don't make the mistake again. Remember a child the father loves he chastise. Op b strong, popsy loves you and hold u in high esteem, therfore, surprise him this time around by putting your best to ensure he doesn't have course to b angry at u again.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Alexcollins(m): 7:51pm On Oct 31, 2015
crackhouse:
Ur father has been waiting for u to go for service and get work then start bringing money to support the family but he was dissappointed that u cut his hope short. His hope will be completely lost when u finally finish ur service and refuse to land a job on time. He will surely turn to a suicide bomber. Just remember that i sell ceiling fan.
clown.. you wicked...
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by DICKtator: 7:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
Befitting:
Hey Nairalanders, your advice and kind words might help me to get through with this challenge I'm having.
I graduated from the university early this year, immediately after my graduation my alma mata embarked on a 5months strike. As a result of this, I moved to lagos to enroll in a fashion and design academy, with the hope that immediately after the strike, we'll get our result and go for NYSC. The going was good until I received my result with a spill. I had just a course to rewrite, I thought the school will wave it since it was just one course so I decided to work it out but that didn't work. This resulted with me been left out when some of my mates are already in camp now. The feeling is devastating.
Now, I'm back home to rewrite the course. My father is really angry with, he said I've brought shame upon him and myself and he'll never forgive me. According to him, he has never failed in his life so why would I? He's making it look as if he sent me to school and I just played with his money. I feel like a failure and disappointment. I don't know what to do...feel like running away cos this man is terrible!!

Why did you spill too?

Well, next time just go home with a pregnant body and let him know that you don't know whom the father is, bet he would appreciate you better

grin grin grin grin
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by PropTrader: 8:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
i like your smile. just smile at him and all will be well.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by emzila(m): 8:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
EVERY PARENT WISH THEIR CHILDREN WELL AND I BELIEVE YOUR FATHER IS NOT AN EXCEPTION, HE LOVE YOU AND WANT TO SEE YOU DO WHAT YOUR MATES ARE DOING IF NOT BETTER THAN THEM. SWALLOW THE BITTER PILE OF HIS CRITICS, PREPARE FOR THE EXAM AND I AM SURE YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS TIME. WHEN YOU EVENTUALLY GET INTO THE KHAKHI, COME BACK HOME TO THANK HIM FOR HIS SUPPORT ALL THROUGH AND APOLOGIZE FOR THE DISAPPOINTMENT AND I AM SURE YOU WILL GET MORE BLESSINGS FROM HIM THAN YOU ARE GETTING NOW. DONT BE MAD AT HIM, HE RAISE YOU WITH LOVE AND CARE AND THAT LOVE IS STILL THERE. SUCCESS
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by wizkhalifa23(m): 8:43pm On Oct 31, 2015
Failure is a process my dear, i advice you to read this book ;failing forward by john maxwell. It helped me out when i had a similar situation...

1 Like

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by chukkystar(m): 9:15pm On Oct 31, 2015
All those dat have served, how many are employed?? Service is a waste of tym if U ask me sef

1 Like

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by MWTH(m): 9:34pm On Oct 31, 2015
Young man your dad is absolutely right wgen he said he has never failed in his life. Even if that sounds weired to you, you should believe him. No father wants evil for the child.. Your failure academically should be seen as disgusting too. Those who excelled in your class were not with 2 heads. Your inability to graduate at same time with your mates is rather shameful. So, at this point go and kneel before him and confess that you were actually playful and were busy with Facebooking n someother internet activities that didnt add up positively. Let him know you know why you failed and you will certqinly address the gap.
Finally, get serious with the tailoring stuff too because that is a green light for you to make hom happier in future.

1 Like

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by repogirl(f): 9:34pm On Oct 31, 2015
Befitting:
Its just anger making him say such. Trust me, when the tides turn and you are doing well for yourself, he will forget all this and praise you to the high heavens.

Some father's are like this, mine was exactly like this, so I can relate perfectly with you. I even had the same result and Youth service issues like you are presently having and that period was really trying in my family, thank God for my mother, she was the one who supported me through it all.

His words are meant to push you to be better. So instead of feeling bad, let it encourage you to become your best.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by greggng: 9:51pm On Oct 31, 2015
pray over it my dear. there is nothing God cannot do for someone that really needs His help. I understand the type of man your dad is and i share same personality with him. Anyone doubting about your dads academic capacity is just joking. yes i passed all my courses with good grades. In my family no one repeats class. I will advice you to face that course and pass it very well and when the result is out kindly kneel down and present it to ur dad and promise him never to fail again. Failure has no friends. Dont run away concentrate and make ur father proud
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by mastermind1759(m): 10:12pm On Oct 31, 2015
Nobdy is perfect in dis world nt even ur dad we av all failed at one point in tym of our lives bt only d strng wil mak d best out of it God often uses a set back to move us ahead.runin away is a nt a gud option.hold on and b reasonable,endure n b patient.God help u
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Taryur3(m): 10:33pm On Oct 31, 2015
Accept d fact dt its your fault and never be nasty when he is mad at you.promise him a brighter future nd let your my know that you are not the first person passing tru dis stress.my own case was similar and I accept d shame until I was mobilised the following year.it seems am nothing to my classmates then that went ahead of me but now...am something to every one.just after the completion of my Nysc I was so lucky to trail a perfect ground.I liv nd base in america now doing great without any regrets. Although my Dad later died during my service year but my mum is reaping the invested fruits now in a greenish style.

1 Like

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by gemale(m): 10:47pm On Oct 31, 2015
Typical naija parenting 4 u... Na dem smart pass, na dem perfect pass, na Dem neva fail pass, u have 2 b lyk Dem & nobody else. I can only imagine d trauma dis fellow is going through. Dis is d kinda attitude dt has made me decide dt if it's d correct way 2 raise children, I wouldn't have dem.

1 Like

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Daresh(f): 11:07pm On Oct 31, 2015
Befitting:

FVCK HIM! Don't ever make anyone make you feel bad! EVER!
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by joefranky(m): 11:17pm On Oct 31, 2015
Don't even think of the anger,just focus on how to rewrite the course.Bob skul no easy oooo.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by 400billionman: 11:36pm On Oct 31, 2015
Befitting:

Run to my house..
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 01, 2015
why bother you head when he is being unrealistic.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by samsongbemisola(m): 12:45am On Nov 01, 2015
Your case is not the first neither will it be the last. With time the wound will heal itself, just go back n rewrite your spill over, don't ask him any money cus u might hear the worst story of your life, by the time u re thru with ur spill over, after NYSC 3 weeks camping wear your 7/7( corper atire) and see him, walahi na prayer e go dey pray for you.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by emerich(m): 3:09am On Nov 01, 2015
Befitting:
Hey! Ur post really got me reminiscing, am currently a batch B stream 1 corps member, presently in camp at the moment.

I missed out in 4 different batches without actually failing a course but due to revalidation related issues, the feeling was terrible, my parents almost gave up abt me actually serving thinking I never graduated but today am a celebrity at home receiving calls n some stipends every now and then from the same folks whom doubted my credibility, so just try and get involved in some activities that would take ur mind off the NYSC palava at the moment and geared towards something you are passionate abt and before you say Jack next batch would be at the corner, and pls try and tolerate and ignore every thing ur dad, friends or family member would say during these difficult moments.

U r not a failure unless u chose to be, never u make the mistake of living ur family house unless u have a better option in order not to be a burden to someone else.

Best regards dear.

1 Like

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Eminentsaint(m): 6:24am On Nov 01, 2015
You will do fine sweetheart. You did good by enrolling in that fashion school. I pray your father understands that NYSC has no first or second position for whoever gets there first. God bless you and keep you happy. Happy New Month smiley

1 Like

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 01, 2015
pardon me op, but your dad has got anger management issues. he probably is one of those dads who tell their kids they always come first in class.

don't feel bad about your spill over. just stay calm and get your result right.

trust me you will forget the issue as time goes by and so will he.

just watch his face light up when you get a job and get married. he probably will swear he never said that.

take heart dear.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by SmartMugu: 7:00am On Nov 01, 2015
Befitting:
Easy. Is your father a member of nairaland? If not, get him to join. Share his handle afterwards. I'm sure some people here would like to advise him personally without a middle-man, you in this case.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by abidak1759(m): 7:46am On Nov 01, 2015
Befitting:

Bro, every disappointment is a blessing, I didn't go to nysc with my mates either coz of just a second semester course, but now most of my seniors and mates still look up to me for any job assistance. Don't kill ursef ooo. God-willing u will pull through (amin)
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by alokongbo: 8:24am On Nov 01, 2015
Tel ur dad to show u his sch results
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by ogaprime(m): 8:47am On Nov 01, 2015
Befitting:

Tell your father that what if you failing just a course might God preventing you from dying during the service year or being posted to the north.

If I had gone with my mates, only God knows what would have happened
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 01, 2015
Jackeeh:
. Ure still alive so there's hope. Study harder and u will surely scale through.

Scrape through not scale through

No offence bro
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by DonPizzaro: 9:32am On Nov 01, 2015
I am sorry to say this.your dad is definitely not a great man.because all great men had romance with failures

and he is definitely not attempting much!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Husband Forced To Marry Wife’s Corpse In Ebonyi / Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees / My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.