Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque (42457 Views)

Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) / Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government / Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque by bugzbunny: 10:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
angiography:

you've not been making sense at all...grow up
Tanks for noticing my work
Re: Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 31, 2015
IlekeHD:
Dirty market........ Ladipo market shutdown.

Lagosians una just dey wake up abi? Akure don wake up since.

>>> Akure, my lovely Akure<<<

Just curious why you mentioned Akure, is it because of the flogging of the Igbos? (I did not mention anybody's name o!!!)
Re: Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque by IlekeHD: 10:28pm On Oct 31, 2015
ayoolanr:

Just curious why you mentioned Akure, is it because of the flogging of the Igbos? (I did not mention anybody's name o!!!)

It wasn't just a flogging my dear. It was a reset flogging.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque by cupidhero(m): 10:28pm On Oct 31, 2015
wristbangle:

Mtcheeww as if your tribe are the cleanest. Perhaps if you are an igbo, I visited abia state (China of africa) and I couldn't but shake my head at stench odour of spoiled cucumber, tomato, dead rat and poisoned food littering your streets. undecidedlipsrsealedsadangry
Did that fool tell you he was igbo or are you just trying to be silly?
Re: Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque by wristbangle: 11:39pm On Oct 31, 2015
cupidhero:

Did that fool tell you he was igbo or are you just trying to be silly?

If u read my comment well, I am not directly referring to him as an igbo Tribe. Try to comprehend people's view well bro.
Re: Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque by Nobody: 12:59am On Nov 01, 2015
EmmanuelDon7:
where is dis pig coming from? Read my post again.

I read it well baboon. Lagos need such drastic changes to be made on reg basis else we ain't moving forward.
Re: Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque by SmartMugu: 4:09am On Nov 01, 2015
tellwisdom:

Una too dirty...Una fit lick shii sef sad...Spits angry
Who be una? Nigerians? Yorubas? Lagosians (everyone living in Lagos regardless of tribe)?
Re: Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque by EmmanuelDon7(m): 6:38am On Nov 01, 2015
sweetpies:

I read it well baboon. Lagos need such drastic changes to be made on reg basis else we ain't moving forward.
I'm a Christian, i can't imagine a responsible woman beginning 2 spew insult on a man whose status is not known 2 u. Just of recent u joined nairaland n besides, read my signature u ll learn something.
Re: Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque by jabojafa(m): 7:59am On Nov 01, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Shutting down markets is not the solution. Ib fact, it is counter-productive. It robs the state of revenue and inhibit economic activities. The best way of tackling it is by holding people responsible and prosecute culprits or impose huge fines on environment defaulters.
your system wouldnt mk fining and holding d management of d market/religious bodies accoutably for their misdid effective. Rather closing down d market wud put everyone on their toes becos dey knw what dey get frm d market per day.
Re: Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque by gretblue: 8:15am On Nov 01, 2015
Cleanliness is next to Godliness so says the Prophet (pbuh).let them clean up the mosque environment.
Re: Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque by ezetimy: 8:27am On Nov 01, 2015
Lagos....the dirtiest place in the world... In Directors Voice.
Re: Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque by Oluwademilade: 9:21am On Nov 01, 2015
Great
Re: Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque by miketayo(m): 11:01am On Nov 01, 2015
ALISMILE:
A mosque is shut and no Muslim is shouting christian fanatic but let Elrufai sshud down one church now Chritains wud ve asked why d gov had to start his environmental campaign wit a mosque!, then u ll see all d christian fooools in dis forum who only reason tru their anus! I sttop taking u guys serious from now on!

But u r shouting ND calling Christians fools, i hope most Muslims aren't like u, which m doubting
Re: Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque by sweetgala(m): 1:15pm On Nov 01, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Shutting down markets is not the solution. Ib fact, it is counter-productive. It robs the state of revenue and inhibit economic activities. The best way of tackling it is by holding people responsible and prosecute culprits or impose huge fines on environment defaulters.

Removing them from their source of wealth is a greater deterent than a fines which most of these guys already budget into their expenditures in the way of bribes anyway.

By shutting the market everyone is held responsible at the same time for negligence, ignorance or as a direct culprit in the act of littering.

Next time you see the lady with the store across the road throw dispose of garbage improperly you'd either confront her actions or report to the right authority rather than the "make I mind my business" attitude
Re: Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque by sweetgala(m): 1:22pm On Nov 01, 2015
c4tnoelz:
if to say na for north d mata for no funny

I'm pretty sure El Rufia had been ruffling some feathers too by all reports. Kwankwaso was said to have pissed one or two people off as well so far.
Re: Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque by sweetgala(m): 1:30pm On Nov 01, 2015
ZianaJordana:
This has little to do with genuine concern over the conditions of the mosque and markets in Lagos, and more to do with government trying to gentrify Lagos by pushing out all of the poor people.
Where the mosques, markets, and houses for the poor once were will be newly built infrastructure and properties, all too expensive for the poor who once inhabited that area to afford.

Gentrification is a somewhat unfair consequence of metropolitan development. Ogun state and the areas far out of the main Lagos business district should be developing adequate commuting infrastructures and planning for a boom in inhabitants.

The 4 other boroughs of NY are a good example, Manhattan has limited residential space at a premium cost, London is a little different due to it's mediaval history , but even the areas around central London once occupied by the poorer working class is now premium real estate with crazy prices.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque by sweetgala(m): 1:37pm On Nov 01, 2015
Firefire:

O ju lasan o gba omo lo wo epuro, agbara o'jo o ni ohun o wo'ile, onile ni o ni gba fun.

We need a decisive leader in Lagos.

Not a weak puppet.

Fire bro happy weekend , might just be a typo but if not I beleive it is "ekuro" kernel and not epuro

Regards
Re: Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque by Firefire(m): 2:15pm On Nov 01, 2015
sweetgala:

Fire bro happy weekend , might just be a typo but if not I beleive it is "ekuro" kernel and not epuro

Regards

You are correct. tongue

But we pronounced "Epuro" instead of "Ekuro" here in the city, "Ekuro" is the original word. wink

Thanks and have a pleasant weekend. smiley

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque by redsun(m): 2:51pm On Nov 01, 2015
IlekeHD:
Dirty market........ Ladipo market shutdown.

Lagosians una just dey wake up abi? Akure don wake up since.

>>> Akure, my lovely Akure<<<

What has this got to do with a market? This is a mosque and a totally different issue. Cleanliness is suppose nest to godliness ut my people search for god in filth and abject miseries.God doesn't dwell in filth,he dwells in opulence and abundance.

Nigeria as a country is institutionally filthy. Like an unkept zoo and very chaotic.
Re: Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 01, 2015
EmmanuelDon7:
I'm a Christian, i can't imagine a responsible woman beginning 2 spew insult on a man whose status is not known 2 u. Just of recent u joined nairaland n besides, read my signature u ll learn something.

Shu! Na bone I throw give you na haha! No stones with me oo. And you forgot you also called me a pig Meanwhile I ain't new in nairaland at all. Happy sunday grin
Re: Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque by sweetgala(m): 9:02pm On Nov 01, 2015
Firefire:

You are correct. tongue

But we pronounced "Epuro" instead of "Ekuro" here in the city, "Ekuro" is the original word. wink

Thanks and have a pleasant weekend. smiley

Great to learn that. Yoruba is truly a beautiful language the more one knows it

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque by simpleseyi: 7:12am On Nov 02, 2015
Kestolovee95:
I'm sure alhaji akintola the sultan's puppet will kick agianst this in tommorow's papers. Who wan bet? lolllest

Please don't bring Tupac Orishajefor into further disrepute, Alhaji Akintola does not take shit. You insult him, he will insult your fore-fathers.
Re: Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque by Charles4075(m): 10:11am On Nov 03, 2015
wristbangle:

Mtcheeww as if your tribe are the cleanest. Perhaps if you are an igbo, I visited abia state (China of africa) and I couldn't but shake my head at stench odour of spoiled cucumber, tomato, dead rat and poisoned food littering your streets. undecidedlipsrsealedsadangry
some guys can fuckup.
Re: Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque by mondaynelson20: 10:58am On Nov 04, 2015
My Name is Moral,i live in California,i have a big testimony to say to the people who have Womb problem, I have been married for four years without any child, nor pregnancy and so i became very sad and lost hope in life because my doctor told me there is no way for me to get pregnant and this really make life so hard for me and this made my husband to turn away from me.My sister in-law told me about DR EZIKE from the Internet,how he has helped people with this similar problem that i am going through so i contacted him and explained to him. He told me not to worry and that everything we soon be okay.He cast a spell and it was a miracle to my greatest surprise three days later my husband came back to apologize for all he has done and told me he is fully ready to support me in any thing i want,and Dr.EZIKE he gave me just water from his temple to drink and he also gave my husband some thing to rub before we made love.just few months later i got pregnant and gave birth to twins (boy and girl) we are now a happy family.i will advice you to email him now,ID:drezikespellcasterhome@outlook.com I am so happy!! if you also need help to get pregnant or need your ex back please contact him for help via email:drezikespellcasterhome@outlook.com if you are out there passing through any of this problems or predicaments in your life.his mobile number on what/apps:+2348167554235.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Shares 15-Year-Old Throwback Photo Of Himself / Wike: Tinubu Turned Down PDP’s Offer To Sabotage Buhari In 2019 Election / How Emefiele, Nigeria’s Powerful Central Bank Chief Lost His Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.