Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? (5621 Views)

Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most / Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) / What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by Ubenedictus(m): 4:09am On Nov 04, 2015
vooks:

You are very silly
How many men went to Jesus in behalf of others?
Mary and Martha went to Jesus on behalf of Lazarus, the centurion on behalf of his sick servant and so forth yet you don't go to them and ask them to approach Jesus.
it seems you know little abt catholicism even though u seem to enjoy criticising it.

Catholics believe in the "communion of saints" (google d apostles creed), put simply, it means Jesus has one body, and all who are justified by faith are members of that body, that body is timeless, ageless, does not die and cannot be butchered. So everybody in the body of Christ are brothers and sister and they all assist each other (1 cor), and physical death cannot divide dat body.

mary is not d only person catholics ask 4 prayers, they ask from all member of d body of Christ, those in heaven and those on earth including peter, paul, james...and even martha.
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by vooks: 4:31am On Nov 04, 2015
Ubenedictus:

unfortunately, I can not give a conclusion based on sone lines in a photo.
Ok
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by vooks: 4:32am On Nov 04, 2015
Ubenedictus:

it seems you know little abt catholicism even though u seem to enjoy criticising it.

Catholics believe in the "communion of saints" (google d apostles creed), put simply, it means Jesus has one body, and all who are justified by faith are members of that body, that body is timeless, ageless, does not die and cannot be butchered. So everybody in the body of Christ are brothers and sister and they all assist each other (1 cor), and physical death cannot divide dat body.

mary is not d only person catholics ask 4 prayers, they ask from all member of d body of Christ, those in heaven and those on earth including peter, paul, james...and even martha.
Why not have Mary make you food as you work?
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by Nobody: 5:13am On Nov 04, 2015
vooks:

Drop this nonsense and approach God through Christ not through dead women

Exactly why I think religion shld be scrapped.. Now, cm to think of it, you and the person yu quoted are christians. Chai!!
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:20am On Nov 04, 2015
vooks:

Why not have Mary make you food as you work?
she does make the food, by praying for me.
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by vooks: 6:21am On Nov 04, 2015
Ubenedictus:
she does make the food, by praying for me.
I don't need necromancy to see tomorrow. Jesus is the way to the throne of grace not dead men
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by Empredboy(m): 12:13pm On Nov 04, 2015
[quote author=simi4me post=39582922]

Revelation 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars.

This verse was talking about Israel and not marry.

Joseph had a dream which shows the sun, the moon and eleven stars bowing to him, the sun was his father Jacob, the moon his mother and the eleven stars his brothers.

That chapter was talking about a son that will come from Israel; Jesus in this case and how the devil will try to destroy him, and when he did not succeed will then attack the mother in this case Isreal. We are seeing how many nations are trying to destroy Isreal. But God will protect Isreal which makes the devil angry and will attack Christians all over the world. It is happening already.
There are many places in the Bible where the word 'woman' is use to describe Israel. Moreover if it was marry, John would have called her by her name because he already knew her here on earth.

Hosea 4:6 for my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge

John 8:32 and yea shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free. [/quote)from what you posted why didn't John mention Jacob, Jesus since he knew them also? Why calling only Mary? The Bible said WOMAN!
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by Empredboy(m): 12:23pm On Nov 04, 2015
vooks:

You know praying to idols don't make them God
which idol is Catholics praying to? Is God a confused being when he asked the iserealites to make a bronze serpent? (Num.
21:8–9). Or is it the covenant box which the iserealites carried about? Do u know what it was made up of? Read
(Ex. 25:18–20). (1
Chr. 28:18–19).
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by Empredboy(m): 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2015
vooks:

You ask a dead being to pray for you. How different is that from necromancy from Saul asking a dead Samuel for direction?
Which dead people are they playing to? They all are alive in Christ (Matt. 17:3).since you that Christ himself said if we eat his body and drink his blood we shall not die (which mean eternal death) further more he said our ancestors eat manners from heaven yet they are dead. Which mean if you are in communion with Christ you have over come death cos even if u die he will raise u up which means heaven. Understand his parables. So the Saints are not dead (those who are dead are the ones in hell (rather they are live). Remember Christ is the Lord of the living and the dead. So no barrier. What does the phrase "it's finished" that Christ said at the calvary?
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by Anas09: 1:14pm On Nov 04, 2015
My God!!!!!!! Satan hold this people strong. For someone to bring up the serpent in the wilderness to support idol worship in catholicism. *walks out of thread*
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by Empredboy(m): 4:05pm On Nov 04, 2015
Anas09:
My God!!!!!!! Satan hold this people strong. For someone to bring up the serpent in the wilderness to support idol worship in catholicism. *walks out of thread*
meaning?
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:23am On Nov 05, 2015
vooks:

I don't need necromancy to see tomorrow. Jesus is the way to the throne of grace not dead men
the communion of saints has nothing to do with necromancy, necromancy is d act of foretelling future event. The saints arent fortune telling and anyone who attempts to do such is under condemnation by the catholic church. It is a communion of prayer in d one body of Christ.
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:28am On Nov 05, 2015
vooks:

the communion of saints has nothing to do with necromancy, necromancy is d act of foretelling future event. The saints arent fortune telling and anyone who attempts to do such is under condemnation by the catholic church. It is a communion of prayer in d one body of Christ.

Lastly, Jesus is The way to the throne of grace, wen i pray it is thru Jesus, when my brother on earth prays 4 me it is thru d same Jesus, when my brother in heaven prays 4 me it must still be thru the same Jesus. no catholic will have it without Jesus.
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by vooks: 12:01pm On Nov 05, 2015
Ubenedictus:

Lastly, Jesus is The way to the throne of grace, wen i pray it is thru Jesus, when my brother on earth prays 4 me it is thru d same Jesus, when my brother in heaven prays 4 me it must still be thru the same Jesus. no catholic will have it without Jesus.

Necromancy is contacting the dead not foretelling.

Saul could contact Samuel when alive but once he died, and he attempted contacting him, he was condemned. Can you see this?
What was the difference? A dead Samuel and a living samuel are different things.

In the parable of the rich man and Lazarus, the rich man in hell desired somebody to be sent back from the dead to affect the living. The dead can't affect your life. Jesus is alive and we pray to and through him because he resurrected.
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by vooks: 12:01pm On Nov 05, 2015
Ubenedictus:
Necromancy is contacting the dead
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by plappville(f): 12:10pm On Nov 05, 2015
athaboi:
Pray for me oh Mary mother of God!

The bible didnt teach that the dead can pray. Pray for urself.

1 Like

Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by plappville(f): 12:19pm On Nov 05, 2015
Jadonjack:

Exactly why I think religion shld be scrapped.. Now, cm to think of it, you and the person yu quoted are christians. Chai!!

Who is a Christian to you?

1 Like

Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by plappville(f): 12:22pm On Nov 05, 2015
AK6464:

@Op, this doctrine of worshipping or honouring the dead is pure paganism. The scripture warns:

Revelation 22:18-19
I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by AK6464(m): 12:44pm On Nov 05, 2015
plappville:

@Op, this doctrine of worshipping or honouring the dead is pure paganism. The scripture warns:

Revelation 22:18-19
I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book

You quoted the wrong person, I ain't op
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by plappville(f): 12:55pm On Nov 05, 2015
AK6464:

You quoted the wrong person, I ain't op

Sorry for that.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by athaboi(f): 3:27pm On Nov 05, 2015
plappville:

The bible didnt teach that the dead can pray. Pray for urself.
shut up!
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by vooks: 3:56pm On Nov 05, 2015
athaboi:
shut up!
Grow up and learn to think
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by simi4me(m): 4:27pm On Nov 05, 2015
[quote author=Empredboy post=39671297][/quote]

John said he saw someone like the son of man. Is dat not Jesus? And did John lived in the time of Jacob?
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by Empredboy(m): 5:02pm On Nov 05, 2015
simi4me:

John said he saw someone like the son of man. Is dat not Jesus? And did John lived in the time of Jacob?
honestly you pentecostal are very good at shifting the post. Did Paul know or meet Jesus? How come he talked about Jesus more than other apostles?
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by vooks: 5:09pm On Nov 05, 2015
simi4me:

That was not Jesus
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:41pm On Nov 05, 2015
vooks:

Necromancy is contacting the dead
i haven't learnt much on nairaland but i learnt something one day from pastor aio.

Mancy, refers to d art of foretelling d future(divination), the is actually many types of mancy hydromancy is foretelling d future (divination) using water. Necromancy is not contacting d dead, necromancy is foretelling d future or divining using the dead.
Catholics don't do that, divination and future telling are condemned in catholicism, the communion of saints has nothing to do with divination or fortune telling. That means we do not practice necromancy.
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by vooks: 3:29am On Nov 06, 2015
Ubenedictus:
i haven't learnt much on nairaland but i learnt something one day from pastor aio.

Mancy, refers to d art of foretelling d future(divination), the is actually many types of mancy hydromancy is foretelling d future (divination) using water. Necromancy is not contacting d dead, necromancy is foretelling d future or divining using the dead.
Catholics don't do that, divination and future telling are condemned in catholicism, the communion of saints has nothing to do with divination or fortune telling. That means we do not practice necromancy.

Saul was condemned for contacting a dead Samuel. Why would a Catholic contact a dead Paul and pretend it is different?

1 Chronicles 10:13 English Standard Version (ESV)

13 So Saul died for his breach of faith. He broke faith with the Lord in that he did not keep the command of the Lord, and also consulted a medium, seeking guidance.
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by simi4me(m): 6:08am On Nov 06, 2015
Empredboy:
honestly you pentecostal are very good at shifting the post. Did Paul know or meet Jesus? How come he talked about Jesus more than other apostles?

What is your point exactly?
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by simi4me(m): 6:14am On Nov 06, 2015
vooks:

That was not Jesus

If that was not Jesus, who then was he? On chapter 1 of revelation, john said the revelation was given to him by Jesus. And in chapter two, he said the one that look like the son of man told him to write. And the person was speaking with authority and how power has been given to him. Who else can speak with such authority beside Jesus? Including to give people the water of life to drink and even blott out their names in the book of dead.
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by simi4me(m): 6:14am On Nov 06, 2015
vooks:

That was not Jesus

If that was not Jesus, who then was he? In chapter 1 of revelation, john said the revelation was given to him by Jesus. And in chapter two, he said the one that look like the son of man told him to write. And the person was speaking with authority and how power has been given to him. Who else can speak with such authority beside Jesus? Including to give people the water of life to drink and even blott out their names in the book of dead.
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by Empredboy(m): 6:40am On Nov 06, 2015
simi4me:

What is your point exactly?
since you said that John did not meet Jacob, so I can as well say Paul didn't didn't know Jesus yet we preached Jesus more than the other apostles. Better still read what you said about woman and the 12 Stars.
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by vooks: 6:49am On Nov 06, 2015
simi4me:

If that was not Jesus, who then was he? In chapter 1 of revelation, john said the revelation was given to him by Jesus. And in chapter two, he said the one that look like the son of man told him to write. And the person was speaking with authority and how power has been given to him. Who else can speak with such authority beside Jesus? Including to give people the water of life to drink and even blott out their names in the book of dead.
In Daniel, Jesus had not yet come. Looking like son of man simply means looking like a man. Angels also looked like men in OT so much that Sodom wanted to rape them

Don't confuse the description in Revelation because there we have FURTHER proof that the one who looks like son of man is Jesus while in Daniel we don't

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" / Sins Are like Credit Cards. Enjoy Now, Pay Later! (Pic) / Participate In The 1st National Bible Quiz Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.