Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? (5627 Views)

Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most / Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) / What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by vooks: 12:16pm On Nov 10, 2015
Ubenedictus:

catholics make discussion with alive men like Jesus did.

MT 17:1 After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. 2 There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the
light. 3 Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.
MT 17:4 Peter said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you wish, I will put up three shelters--one for you, one
for Moses and one for Elijah."
MT 17:5 While he was still
speaking, a bright cloud
enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am
well pleased. Listen to him!"

we are simply following Jesus
Don't be silly. Why not follow Jesus and receive worship as well?
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by obiw24(f): 2:11pm On Jul 16, 2016
[b][/b]
vooks:

Jesus is God and no Catholic is God. Jesus too received worship yet you can't and not even angels can. In Revelation we have souls of the dead communing with God.

What's your point?

Sometimes, we need to let go of our innate need to be right and see logic. I assume you have never been Catholic. You do not understand the doctrine. You only know what you have heard others say about the church in criticism. If you want to make a strong argument, study the doctrine without bias. Then state your points. #theartofwinning
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by sarz(m): 6:12pm On Jul 16, 2016
athaboi:
mary is dead bt certain she ascended into heaven in glory. Check revelation 12:1, u guys have continued to shy away frm the truth. Nobody asked u to worship her, for the fact that she is the mother of our lord jesus christ..she has the power to interceed on our behave. She pratically did it in the land of canan when they went fo a wedding, she was the one that met jesus for that miracle. She is dead both alive in heaven waxing strong. Read that revelation 12:1 and see for urslf! Am not wrong if i ask her to pray on my behave ofcourse here on earth i tell my mother to help me and pray even pastors helps pple to pray and u want to oppose me asking mary to pray for me. When pastor pray on ur behave and u reject mary to pray on ur behave, what is it called?
Nobdy can interceed 4 us exept Jesus d son of God.
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by Jolliano: 1:18pm On Dec 22, 2016
sarz:
Nobdy can interceed 4 us exept Jesus d son of God.

1. Rev 5:8
2. When I pray for you, am I not interceding for you?
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:35pm On Dec 22, 2016
vooks:

Don't be silly. Why not follow Jesus and receive worship as well?
I already have my form of worship i receive. it is called honor.
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by adelee777: 5:41pm On Dec 22, 2016
there is only one God, and one mediator between God and man...dat mediator is surely not mary God bless u.
Re: Catholics, Is This Virgin Mary? by Ubenedictus(m): 4:55pm On Dec 23, 2016
adelee777:
there is only one God, and one mediator between God and man...dat mediator is surely not mary God bless u.
so u dont interceed for people?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sins Are like Credit Cards. Enjoy Now, Pay Later! (Pic) / Atheism Has Done Nothing For Me: How Do I Regain Faith As A Christian? / Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor (pfn) Where In Your Bible Are You Told You Can Judge?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.