Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,584 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: (14773 Views)

Poll: How do you fell about women as breadwinners in their families?

So what?: 46% (37 votes)
Not right!: 53% (43 votes)
This poll has ended

When You Are The Bread Winner Of The Family(photo) / Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? / What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by na2day2(m): 7:02pm On May 14, 2009
Syzkah:

No big deal except the man'll feel inadequate and misinterprete the littlest thing. as long as the right balance is struck,shouldn't be an issue

obviously u r not married lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 14, 2009
To be frank its difficult for the woman to actually be humble like she is supposed to, The role of women are help mate but if They become the bread winner they should also try and be humble. And hopefully there will be no problems
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by rubi(f): 8:54pm On May 14, 2009
Kingsleyinfo:

To be frank its difficult for the woman to actually be humble like she is supposed to, The role of women are help mate but if They become the bread winner they should also try and be humble. And hopefully there will be no problems

A woman refuses to be humble when a man does it on purpose and leaves everything for her but where condition warrants that a woman should be she should be cool headed. But woman respect men who takes their mantle/responsiblilty even in difficult times no matter how little they can contribute it attracts some respect/dignity
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by esege1: 11:36am On May 15, 2009
TO all WIFES not Girls, ,  wink

Proverbs 31 : 10 - 16

An excellent wife, who can find her?
For her worth is far above jewels
the heart of her husband trust in her,
and he will have no lack of gain
she does him good and not evil,
all the days of her life,                 
she seeketh wool, and flax and worketh willingly with her hands
she is like merchant ships;she brings her food from afar.
she rises while it is still night and gives food to her household and portions to her maiden,
SHE CONSIDERS A FIELD AND BUYS IT, FROM HER EARNINGS SHE PLANTS A VINEYARD, E.T.C (STUDY THE REST AND LET IT SINK)

TO ALL MEN not Boysss

He that dosent work must not eat, (do something)
a little sleep,a little slumber,Poverty comes knocking on your door,
If you lost your job please, get back on track fast…
Any job that brings in money as long as it is legit , it is good. Kill your pride.
shocked
and stop trying to be the boss,

Conclusion,

even when a woman is the bread winner,it doesent make her better,stronger or more intelligent than her husband, just keep loving until he gets back on track

to be continued,
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Gentlelady(f): 3:21pm On May 15, 2009
A man should strive to be the breadwinner! He is the head of the home, he should not leave his responsibilities for the woman.
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Ekelebe: 11:27am On May 16, 2009
nA wAAAAAAAAA ooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,

iF wIFE bE d bREADwiNNEr Of ThE HoMe, kAtAkAtA gO De,

NO dEY AsK ME THAT sTUPiD ??

sE noOOOOoo Bi mAN BE dE hEAD OF dE FAMILY

aNY MAY WEY noooooooooo BE DE brrrrrrrrrrrEAD wINNER OF tHe hOME, tHEEeeE mAN NA gGoOaAtT.

sORRRRRRRy, NO vEX sAY I Dey sTAMMER, SAY i dEy sTammER

I've got a date to catch. SEE YOU!!!
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by na2day2(m): 3:47pm On May 16, 2009
Gentlelady:

A man should strive to be the breadwinner! He is the head of the home, he should not leave his responsibilities for the woman.

while the woman should thrive to spend all his money lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

@ esege1

thank u ooo jare
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 16, 2009
@post

And so what?

Can't handle it?
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Remii(m): 1:01pm On May 17, 2009
Men would then no the value of bread.

Seriously, it is not healthy for both sides. The man would feel uncomfortable and the lady could be misuderstood easily even when her complains about unnessessary spending or waste is correct. Women are good as helpers but family is designed with men has head figure, othrwise, is considered as abnormal for most people.
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by esege1: 12:42pm On May 18, 2009
Wait, oooo
i just think am,
make we look at older generation sef, when the bread winner die, wetin dey come happen to bread eaters?
Abeg make women try do this bread winner something @ times,na training, in case anything happen,
i get some few rich freinds where be say two years as the bread winner die,porverty begin dey flog them,mala turn , ??, if their mama be sabi provide bread,i reason say e for no bad dey way e bad 4 them,
smiley
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Gentlelady(f): 9:55am On May 19, 2009
The woman should not strive to spend all the man's money!!! She should make herself useful as a helper for the man. The man is the main source while the woman helps out not the other way round. na2day pls take note! cool
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by na2day2(m): 8:50pm On May 19, 2009
Gentlelady:

The woman should not strive to spend all the man's money!!! She should make herself useful as a helper for the man. The man is the main source while the woman helps out not the other way round. na2day pls take note! cool

yes ma, i will sure pass ur msg across to the 4billion women around the world
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by H2O2: 2:17am On Aug 22, 2009
interesting topic

cheesy cheesy
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Outstrip(f): 3:37am On Aug 22, 2009
This can work if the man is enlightened. For most Nigerian marriages the man will simply make the woman's life a living hell.
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by queenesthr(f): 12:34pm On Nov 17, 2009
When a woman is the bread winner of the home ( for an extended period e.g upwards of one year) it means the man is a lazy baboon. Simple.

The woman in such a situation may just be marking time for the sake of the children and will definitely dump him when the time is right.

A woman should never feed a man. It is not natural. Even in animals and birds, no male will collect food from the female.
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by na2day2(m): 12:36pm On Nov 17, 2009
queenesthr:

When a woman is the bread winner of the home ( for an extended period e.g upwards of one year) it means the man is a lazy baboon. Simple.

The woman in such a situation may just be marking time for the sake of the children and will definitely dump him when the time is right.

A woman should never feed a man. It is not natural. Even in animals and birds, no male will collect food from the female.

but it is natural for a man to serve u breakfast in bed or feed u? nonsense!

1 Like

Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by queenesthr(f): 12:48pm On Nov 17, 2009
na2day?:

but it is natural for a man to serve u breakfast in bed or feed u? nonsense!

A male shows his love by giving; a female shows her love by receiving. That is the way nature designed it.

1. If a woman gives you an engagement ring will you receive it?

2. If a woman's family brings wine to your family to marry you will your family welcome it?

3. Can a woman ejaculate into a man's body?

A man loves by giving, a woman loves by receiving. If a man does not love he does not give. If a woman does not love, she refuses to receive. We don't have to like it but that is the way nature designed it. We may try to modify things because we have intellect but nature remains nature.

Like it or lump it.

1 Like

Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by na2day2(m): 12:56pm On Nov 17, 2009
queenesthr:

A male shows his love by giving; a female shows her love by receiving. That is the way nature designed it.

1. If a woman gives you an engagement ring will you receive it?

2. If a woman's family brings wine to your family to marry you will your family welcome it?

3. Can a woman ejaculate into a man's body?

A man loves by giving, a woman loves by receiving. If a man does not love he does not give. If a woman does not love, she refuses to receive. We don't have to like it but that is the way nature designed it. We may try to modify things because we have intellect but nature remains nature.

Like it or lump it.

gold digger on the loose! shocked shocked shocked shocked

btw, number 1 & 2 is already done in many cultures, educate urself b4 u post. number 3, ewwwwwwwwwww!
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by queenesthr(f): 1:07pm On Nov 17, 2009
^^^You need to see the amount of Gold I've accumulated !!! Men will continue to give!!! grin tongue
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by agitator: 1:45pm On Nov 17, 2009
When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home - divorce. grin simple solution

1 Like

Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by omopreciou: 11:30am On Jun 30, 2010
I am a Nigerian married woman. First, it was not so from the begining that woman should be the bread winner of the family. We are not made to provide for the family, we are made to receive from our husbands and then spend it on the family. Let women stop deceiving themselves, woman can't cope 'well' as a bread winner - they don't fit well into that role. Show me any woman that is providing for all the needs of her family and is not complaning, if not openly she is complaning bitterly internally.

Reasons we are having problems is because we have many lazy men, who have thrown away their self worth; they are happy to sit around why their wife is over stretching herself to provide for the family,what a wasted life! (I am happy for some of our men on this forum - they are men indeed who sees duty of the bread winner as their 'sole' responsibility) anything less will make a man to be despised.

Women don't do it intentionally but the stress of providing for the family and still manage the domestic part of it is too much for a woman to carry. Even those we see that manages such situation well have their own time of sober reflections and grumpiness.

Men are made to provide for their family while women are made to receive and share for the family. Anything less will make love and submission difficulty, even for angels. Also note that if a man sacked his responsiblity and pushed it to woman; such a woman will get all the blessings that suppose to come to the man! This is true God made finance available to who will distribute it well, especially when there are children to be taken care of, God will not allow His children to sufer because one man refuse to provide for them.

For women in this position, my suggestion for you is to be prayerful and be more tolerant, nothing is too difficult for God to change.

May God make our men responsible and wake up to their roles and may our women be calm and engraced to handle some unexpected life situations. And for all men that are trying but the resources are not enough, I pray that God will intervane and send help to you. For women also that are of high mind God will teach you to be humble.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Dolaapo(f): 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2010
Leadership of the family should be based on mutual respect, understanding and acceptance of the biblical roles of the man and woman, instead, most people equates the amount earned (or contributed) for leadership in the family.
     When leadership is based on money (the husband uses money to control the wife, so when its the wife's turn, she does the same), then there will be wahala.
the roles (to my little understanding):
Women: submit to your husbands
Men (most men conveniently forgets this part): husbands, love your wives as Christ loves the Church.

My point is if both parties (husband and wife), follow the biblical princriples (it also takes extreme patience on both sides), then, it shouldn't be "a big deal" who brings home the bigger income. it also takes lots of prayers.
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by bawomolo(m): 6:47pm On Jun 30, 2010

lmao lmao lmao.

oh lord, where do people learn such absurd things.
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Gadols(f): 8:04pm On Jun 30, 2010
I don't think its an issue to be debated upon. The man and his wife are one. I am of the opinion that every husband should empower his wife. Why do wives work? Is it not to support her family? If the husband loses his job or there is a downturn in biz won't she take care of family needs? Some wives earn better than their husbands and that doesn't make them the head of the home. My take is, if the man earns 50k per month, he should live what he earns. If the wifw earns 500k and is unwilling to help, then he should take a mini flat, send his kids to schools he can afford, and then let the wife enjoy the show. For me, that's my opinion.
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by mutter(f): 8:04pm On Jun 30, 2010
When I met my husband we were both students doing a second degree. He wanted to break his studies and work but I couldnt let that happen. So i went to work while he continued his second degree. The issue of money never arose because the money was paid into the account and my husband was handliing the account.
Some years later I was able to go back to school.
The only difficulty I had then is the same one I still have now - the work load being a mother and working. My husband was and still is helpfull but there are just certain things I would never allow him to do at home. Today my husband still has access to my account and we plan together. I do not involve myself in what he does for his siblings. I told him from the start don`t tell me so I don`t feel bad about the amount and he has kept it that way.
I don`t think my love or respect for my husband has anything to do with his income.

1 Like

Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by Gadols(f): 8:17pm On Jun 30, 2010
@mutter, you just explained my point of an ideal home. Times have changed. I have had occasions when things went low for me in biz and my wife had to pay the bills from her firm I help to set up and she never for once complained. Men love more when the woman submits. I pity women who think they can rule their homes cos they bring in the money. The man isn't an slowpoke. He is incapacitated by issues beyond his control. As long as she is his wife, its no issue. Is it better to have ur home happy and intact without u begging for bread outside or be have your home ridiculed cos ur husband has challenges?
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by sylve11: 7:22am On Mar 20, 2020
sosisi:
as long as he can pound the foo foo and do the housework, no problems
we fit manage grin

Ah shocked cool
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by sylve11: 7:24am On Mar 20, 2020
skyone:

You posted the above thread which is completely meaningless at 20:31 and is now 21:30 and claimed that you are still laughing, well i'm scared now, i think you're nearing psycopatic state of mankind.

Lol grin cool
Re: When A Woman Is The Bread Winner Of The Home: by sylve11: 7:34am On Mar 20, 2020
queenesthr:

What a reasoning! cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Good or bad parenting: Young Boy Steals Meat And Blames Devil For It / How Many Kids Do You Wanna Have? / Nairaland Christmas Giveaway 2018 Awareness Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.