Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Amaechi’s Confirmation: Saraki Begs PDP Senators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi’s Confirmation: Saraki Begs PDP Senators (1033 Views)

Calabar-Lagos rail omission Fallout: Saraki Begs Southern Senators / Nigerians React To Amaechi's Confirmation As Minister Online / Amaechi’s Confirmation: Wike Has Been Put To Shame – Rivers APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi’s Confirmation: Saraki Begs PDP Senators by Amustical(m): 11:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
Senate president Bukola Saraki is trying to broker a truce with senators of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) following the acrimonious confirmation of former Rivers state governor, Rotimi Amaechi, as a minister.

The Tribune reports that sources from both sides confirmed that reconciliation was ongoing and that the Senate president had reached out to the PDP legislators to sustain their friendship.

One of the sources said: “The Senate president is unmindful of the friendship between him and the PDP senators and he is not taking that for granted. He has immediately reached out to the senators and assured them that party loyalty was responsible for his actions. I think they are resolving the grievances.”

He added that the lawmakers expected that Saraki would “make up for the lapses” in the distribution of the chairmanship of senate standing committees which he is set to announce next week.

According to some other sources Saraki had made spirited attempts ahead of the Thursday plenary to get the Senate minority leader, Godswill Akpabio and other PDP senators to his side on the Amaechi issues, but the opposition senators refused ti give in ahead of that day’s sitting.

Senators of the PDP were said to have held two closed door meetings in the Senate on Wednesday night and early on Thursday to perfect their strategy to stop the confirmation of the ex-governor.

The legislators were said to be sure that Saraki would sustain the provisions of Senate Standing orders 41(7) as well as Order 53(5) which prohibit the Senate from debating on issues on which are in court.

But the Senate leader sided with the ruling party when the chips were down, thus making the PDP senators to express their disappointment.

The arguments and counter-arguments on the floor of the upper legislative chamber resulted in the senators from the opposition party staging a walkout from the Senate chamber and, at a press conference after the walkout, the senators sounded as if their friendship with Saraki was over.
Cc: lalasticlala any hope for front page?
Source:http://247nigerianewsupdate.co/amaechis-confirmation-saraki-begs-pdp-senators/
Re: Amaechi’s Confirmation: Saraki Begs PDP Senators by Mskrisx(f): 11:30pm On Oct 31, 2015
Interesting
Re: Amaechi’s Confirmation: Saraki Begs PDP Senators by demarc001: 11:40pm On Oct 31, 2015
Of course he will always need them
Re: Amaechi’s Confirmation: Saraki Begs PDP Senators by BALLOSKI: 11:42pm On Oct 31, 2015
Those of you below me, May your enemies stage a walkout whenever you are about to be elevated or when they see favor smiling at you.

As for those of you above me, your enemies shall be cowed into submission, fear and even refuse to see you whr you come to their ground like sen. Sekibo did when Amaechi faced the ethics and privileges committee.

As for me that's in between those above and below, I combine the effects of the 2 prayer points above; Infact my enemies shall be discobombulated!

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi’s Confirmation: Saraki Begs PDP Senators by Ahzyz(m): 11:50pm On Oct 31, 2015
False
Re: Amaechi’s Confirmation: Saraki Begs PDP Senators by ambassadorgozie(m): 2:45am On Nov 01, 2015
Kikikikiki

SARAKI is my ROLE MODEL
Re: Amaechi’s Confirmation: Saraki Begs PDP Senators by Opinedecandid(m): 3:36am On Nov 01, 2015
After his deceitful and tricky Party, the APC may have used and is on the verge of dumping him he wants to now mend fences with his more trusted allies.

I think it can save him better than relying on his 'body language' conglomerate.

After all, a good friend is better than a wicked brother.
Re: Amaechi’s Confirmation: Saraki Begs PDP Senators by sammyj: 4:16am On Nov 01, 2015
Corruption and stealing are what characteris the name Saraki and PDP.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

{PHOTO} See Abia State Governor, OKEZIE IKPEAZU, Drawn By A Nairalander / Biafra order the remover of 13% oil derivation and removal of local government / My Sad Experience Today For Obtaining BVN In Zenith Bank - Is Outrageous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.