Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,745 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. (31127 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by toxicguy: 6:33pm On May 12, 2009
OneNaija:

@toxicguy You bi Enemy of progress Witch and Wizard na you bi.You nur like better things that why you dey spoil am with your mouth.make you pack go Somalia idiot
onenaija, i lived in abj for 3 years when it was still manageable. the architecture is good, no question, but the infrastructure is not there to back up its beauty. in the mid 90's no single house in abj had an overhead tank. you open the tap and water flows. where is it now. boreholes in every single compound. nepa used to go off for an hour or 2 max, which was ok. where is it now. every household has a gen and spends thousands on diesel.
besides i'm already in somalia, and its practically the same as abj, but the only difference here is we blame it on the war between factions and militias. what do you blame abj's problems on? pls answer my question.
Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 12, 2009
Good stuff I've that of sheraton as my background now on! I think Abuja is not even a part of Nigeria LOL.
Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 12, 2009
toxicguy:

onenaija, i lived in abj for 3 years when it was still manageable. the architecture is good, no question, but the infrastructure is not there to back up its beauty. in the mid 90's no single house in abj had an overhead tank. you open the tap and water flows. where is it now. boreholes in every single compound. nepa used to go off for an hour or 2 max, which was ok. where is it now. every household has a gen and spends thousands on diesel.
besides i'm already in somalia, and its practically the same as abj, but the only difference here is we blame it on the war between factions and militias. what do you blame abj's problems on? pls answer my question.

I signed out but had to sign back in to comment on ur talk. You said the truth. No progress in Nigeria as a whole apart from what am hearing from Lagos. But if other parts of Nigerian can have what Abuja 'half-has', we will authorize corruption. Our own version of hurricane and militancy is corruption. Ever permeating and endemic, pandemic and ll the mic in the history book. The more you probe it, the more you dip urself in, check Mr Elumelu. We are now probing the probe, and nothing will come out. You are not an enemy of any progress, Nigerians need to travel out to compare and contrast.
Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by toxicguy: 7:26pm On May 12, 2009
ferdiii:

I signed out but had to sign back in to comment on ur talk. You said the truth. No progress in Nigeria as a whole apart from what am hearing from Lagos. But if other parts of Nigerian can have what Abuja 'half-has', we will authorize corruption. Our own version of hurricane and militancy is corruption. Ever permeating and endemic, pandemic and ll the mic in the history book. The more you probe it, the more you dip urself in, check Mr Elumelu. We are now probing the probe, and nothing will come out. You are not an enemy of any progress, Nigerians need to travel out to compare and contrast.
thanks for your support. at least we're both seeing things from the same perspective. nigerians are travelling now more than ever, but can never implement what they see abroad in their own backyard. i'm not an enemy of progress. i'm an enemy of laziness and the will-to-do.
Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by tombola: 7:32pm On May 12, 2009
Nigerians are enemies of progress to themselves - never wanting anything good said about their country.
Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by toxicguy: 7:43pm On May 12, 2009
point to one good thing that should be said.
Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by nolongTing: 7:52pm On May 12, 2009
toxicguy:

point to one good thing that should be said.
Nigeria has the best 419ers on the planet! grin
Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by Vicjustice: 7:55pm On May 12, 2009
Nice photos kiss Let's make it balance cool

Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by toxicguy: 7:59pm On May 12, 2009
nolongTing:

Nigeria has the best 419ers on the planet! grin
i second that.
just cuz of a few criminals, all of us are now targeted in one way or the other. so what is there to be proud of.
Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by Igwe9(m): 8:00pm On May 12, 2009
Vicjustice:

Nice photos kiss Let's make it balance cool
This can't be the Abuja i know cheesy wink
Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by toxicguy: 8:04pm On May 12, 2009
Igwe.:

This can't be the Abuja i know cheesy wink
well sorry son. the abj u know passed away 12 years ago.
Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by londoner: 8:12pm On May 12, 2009
@Igwe, the Abuja you know is still there. There has always been both rich and poor, as with any place in Nigeria. I was there just last November. Its still a beautiful city overall. Many of the poorest places (not all) are actually in the outskirts of Abuja.

@vicjustice, any heads up on the name of the areas you posted, thanx.
Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 12, 2009
toxicguy:

i second that.
just cuz of a few criminals, all of us are now targeted in one way or the other. so what is there to be proud of.

What a balance! I love both sides. It is a real world situation.
Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by OneNaija(m): 8:23pm On May 12, 2009
You Guys Are criticizing.I always taught when we have good peoples in our house then the bad will try by any means to come into the house that what this thread has turn into.I don't blame you guys because you suffer of poverty in your life before you travel or staying whatever  I don't care because you peoples make the Politician to enjoy and sit and ready to die in the sit.Well I pray for Yara dua sec terms and so be it. I assure you guys that you will always come to Nairaland to complain nigeria problem day by day until you sweap aways from the surface of this earth.This is my last post here in this thread and I will never open new thread in Nairaland.
Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by Smartmoni(m): 8:25pm On May 12, 2009
Well that might be Abuja but tell me a mega city especially in UK and US without Ghetto or slumps, and still when they  showcasing their country which they are proud of they  never mention the ghettos.

Look at any travel brochure to New York you never see pics of Harlem or some run down Project so please those who want to see other or showcase slumps pls go else where as we are here to celebrate Abuja or any other beautiful places in Nigeria or africa for that matter.

For so long the western world have potrayed Africa as where ppl live on trees or some sort of no hope place which could be true sometimes but they never showcase the amazing places we have, so who is gonna do it?

Onenaija - I dey enjoy your pics  please continue the good work. And I hope Lagos is not far behind with the action governor in place.
Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by londoner: 8:31pm On May 12, 2009
@Onenaija, lets just keep on with showcasing the good side, even though we have to admit there are poor areas too.

Maybe those who would rather see the poor parts of Abuja can do so in a seperate thread, that way there is a balance but without spoiling the intention of the thread.

Smartmoni, I agree, there is no country on Earth, which can boast of not having slums or ghettoes, where else will those who have are poor live?
Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by Smartmoni(m): 8:32pm On May 12, 2009
@ OneNaija, don't let this ppl win oh! abeg continue, am sure you should know by now that a lot of ppl are quite amazed of the pics you have posted and as I matter of fact I have emailed this link to colleagues at work  who happens to be Naija and non naija and I wish i could email you the responses I got from these ppl.

I plead on behalf of the good ppl who will like to see more pic don't give up on showcasing the goodness that comes out of ABJ or Africa for that matter.
Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by toxicguy: 8:44pm On May 12, 2009
Smartmoni:

@ OneNaija, don't let this ppl win oh! abeg continue, am sure you should know by now that a lot of ppl are quite amazed of the pics you have posted and as I matter of fact I have emailed this link to colleagues at work who happens to be Naija and non naija and I wish i could email you the responses I got from these ppl.

I plead on behalf of the good ppl who will like to see more pic don't give up on showcasing the goodness that comes out of ABJ or Africa for that matter.
na you sabi. dat na your own yawa. a leopard cannot change its spots. you cannot change the fact that the infrastruture is nothing to write home about. take it or leave it.
Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by Vicjustice: 8:49pm On May 12, 2009
londoner:

@vicjustice, any heads up on the name of the areas you posted, thanx.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6355269.stm
Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by OneNaija(m): 9:03pm On May 12, 2009
I am back here I wont give up on Nigeria and I will continue to love my country no matter what.I have my vision and my dream Because there is tomorrow for Nigeria.God Bless Nigeria.

Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by OneNaija(m): 9:07pm On May 12, 2009
More

Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by OneNaija(m): 9:10pm On May 12, 2009
Abuja

Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by Igwe9(m): 9:17pm On May 12, 2009
                                                         /\
                                                          i
                                                          i
                                                          i
          The Abuja i know is smthing like this
smiley
Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by mystikal(m): 9:19pm On May 12, 2009
i was in abuja early this year. not bad. could be better.
Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by Smartmoni(m): 9:23pm On May 12, 2009
Abuja is still work in progress!! The best is yet to be seen

http://wikitravel.org/en/Abuja
Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by OneNaija(m): 9:26pm On May 12, 2009
m

Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by Igwe9(m): 9:29pm On May 12, 2009
yeah! cool! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by janedoe(f): 9:29pm On May 12, 2009
Hey Onenaija,can you please tell me the name of the church you have on post #17?it's quite a work of art.
Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by janedoe(f): 9:39pm On May 12, 2009
*Deleted*-Duplicate post smiley
Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by Igwe9(m): 9:49pm On May 12, 2009
janedoe:

Hey Onenaija,can you please tell me the name of the church you have on post #17?it's quite a work of art.
National Cathedral Abuja smiley
Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by ikeyman00(m): 11:20pm On May 12, 2009
@@@@@

spit fire once again ha

when i was in abuja last dec-nov, i understand alot of pppl cant afford to live in abuja??

They settle in Zuba and Sulaija cuz like around 4pm there is always massive traffic jam on that road that link Zuba to abuja

so igwe over to u?
Re: Abuja Picture on Now.Post Yours. by honeric01(m): 12:19am On May 13, 2009
uhm, more

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

UAE May Reverse Visa Restriction On Nigerians Today Amid Airline’s Ban / Lorry Falls On A Bus Carrying Students Of FGGC, Oyo, 4 Dead (Pics) / The Golden Tulip Hotel In Anambra: 12 Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.