Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,574 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

What I Learnt In Church Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What I Learnt In Church Today (9822 Views)

Apostle Suleman Gifts A Woman A Toyota Camry In Church Today (Photos) / Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Learnt In Church Today by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 01, 2015
I haven't been in church in a long while and sincerely I am not keen on church lately because I have some doubt. Today I decided to go to winners (living faith) ota. There was free bus to church and I wasn't doing anything meaningful today so I set out.

I stood at my bus stop and joined a bus. We passed thru the bad aiyetoro road and our bus broke down. The back tire needed to be changed.

Everybody came down from the bus for the tire to be fixed except one pretty girl by the Window. I was mad and angry. What is wrong with all this girls I mused in anger. I wasn't a church person but this is stupid and senseless. I started nagging and complaining to her face but then everybody kept quiet. I told myself I will confront her when we come down. If everybody is afraid of her I wasn't. All this girls who think they are too fine.. nonsense.

When we got to church, I patiently waited for her to come down. What i saw shocked me. She was assisted down. She was paralyzed from from waist down. Oops, how did I miss that. God!!! I felt so terrible. I still feel terrible right now. I met her and apologized. Again and again I apologized but I still feel it wasn't enough.
Bishop oyedepo preached today but I didn't get much. I learnt a bigger life lesson; don't judge people

Cc lalasticlala

87 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by Ezerbullet(m): 4:20pm On Nov 01, 2015
Nice one. never judge a book by it's cover.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by PastorandMentor(m): 4:45pm On Nov 01, 2015
Its not your fault; you didn't notice it until she got down so don't blame yourself. God won't count it as sin...

3 Likes

Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by icedfire(m): 6:59am On Nov 02, 2015
whaooo...just stumbled over this... lalasticlala and emusmith this are the type of stories we need on front page... you may help to move to the right section

2 Likes

Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 02, 2015
PastorandMentor:
Its not your fault; you didn't notice it until she got down so don't blame yourself. God won't count it as sin...

It is not about God counting it as a sin or not!
It is about being considerate, being tolerant, showing mercy, giving a long rope, turning the other cheek, enduring persecution, being kind, making sacrifice. That is what love is all about.

Consider this:

"We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are."
- Anais Nin

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 02, 2015
noblezone:

It is about being considerate, being tolerant, showing mercy, giving a long rope, turning the other cheek, enduring persecution, being kind, making sacrifice. That is what love is all about.

Consider this:

- Anais Nin

My thoughts exactly.

2 Likes

Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 02, 2015
noblezone:

Consider this:

- Anais Nin

My thoughts exactly. We need to be patient with people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 02, 2015
dearpreye:

My thoughts exactly. We need to be patient with people.

How have you been?
Its been a while.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 02, 2015
noblezone:

How have you been?
Its been a while.

My boss, happy new month. I've been very much around. Your reply was very perfect. Sometimes in a bid to show we're courageous and won't tolerate nonsense, we become rash, inconsiderate and myopic. We must try to see things from other's point of view.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 02, 2015
dearpreye:

My boss, happy new month. I've been very much around. Your reply was very perfect. Sometimes in a bid to show we're courageous and won't tolerate nonsense, we become rash, inconsiderate and myopic. We must try to see things from other's point of view.

Happy new month comrade.
Send me a mail: noble_concepts@yahoo.com

Lets chit chat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 02, 2015
noblezone:

Happy new month comrade.
Send me a mail: noble_concepts@yahoo.com

Lets chit chat.

No wahala. Will do.
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 02, 2015
Sometimes, we are too quick to condemn others. Basically, we all have a knowledge of what's good and what's not. Therefore, it might really not be possible or easy to see someone in wrong and not judge the act of that person as wrong. However, we can and should learn to be slow in condemning people.

I read of a story with a passing a similar message.
A young woman saw her daughter holding two fresh apples and asked her to give her one of them to eat. The daughter quickly had a bite from both apples and gave her mum one of them. Her mum's countenance changed which revealed that she wasn't happy with what her daughter did. She then asked her daughter why she did and and the little girl said she tasted both to know which of the two apples was sweeter and gave her the one that was sweeter.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by osaslord500(m): 9:53am On Nov 02, 2015
Wow
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by Tolustar(m): 3:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
Guys you can check out this app, to aid your bible study, Its really effective

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolustar.bibletopics

Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by honeymills(f): 10:19am On Jan 31, 2016
Hope you have learnt you lessons too lalasticlala and seun
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 31, 2016
honeymills:
Hope you have learnt you lessons too lalasticlala and seun
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 01, 2016
Ok

- Anyway, we know better now, some came and told us that they had no shoes. We agreed. Some donated shoes.
- They came for transformation and ended up transfiguring the country.
- They looted everything embarassed embarassed embarassed

Omo, all man and their sense, I learnt a bigger life lesson; don't judge people grin

2 Likes

Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by tolexy007(m): 3:13pm On Feb 01, 2016
since you have apologize to her, den set ur mind free from quity conscience... God sees ur heart
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by kstyle2(m): 3:13pm On Feb 01, 2016
That's right

1 Like

Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by cutetopsey(f): 3:13pm On Feb 01, 2016
You don't need to feel guilty OP......Its not your fault.....Even though you over reacted!

BTW, check my signature on how to get rid excess belly fats
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by kennyman2000(m): 3:13pm On Feb 01, 2016
Another story here.

Not every healthy person you see is also healthy internally. Some people already got theiir death tickling, they're just looking for whom to implicate before they answer the call. Thats why i'll always advise people never to fight anyone. Just leave the scene and go. That small blow or slap could be his last and there you go, seeing yourself in police station, court cases, prison. God forbid!

While i was at igbobi sometimes ago.
A woman needed blood for her mother, the blood is needed urgently, that very night. She started calling the people on her contact to see if their blood group matches that of her mum. Luckily, one of her bosses had the same blood with her mom. The man quickly drove down to the hospital in a bid to donate.

Such a very handsome, healthy looking man.

Surprisingly, the blood in this man body cant even take him till the next day. Only God knows why.

We just saw that he called his family, an ambulance was arranged for him and they left they hospital. They're referred elsewhere.

Its when they're gone the woman narrated everything to us.

I was just wondering if the man had a misunderstanding with someone and he's pushed.

Ani ri ogun akoba oooooooooo!!

Check my signature for ur customised wristband

1 Like

Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by richidinho(m): 3:13pm On Feb 01, 2016
MTTCHEEW

i knew that long ago
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 01, 2016
SoMetimes, don't take what you see for the surface valu.
Look well before you form opinions
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by ichommy(m): 3:14pm On Feb 01, 2016
Since November, not too late sha.
Hmmmm @ Religion
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by VickyRotex(f): 3:14pm On Feb 01, 2016
Awwwwwww embarassed embarassed

True!
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by dontstop: 3:17pm On Feb 01, 2016
that's the right word..patience
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by flokii: 3:18pm On Feb 01, 2016
tobimillar:
I haven't been in church in a long while and sincerely I am not keen on church lately because I have some doubt. Today I decided to go to winners (living faith) ota. There was free bus to church and I wasn't doing anything meaningful today so I set out.

I stood at my bus stop and joined a bus. We passed thru the bad aiyetoro road and our bus broke down. The back tire needed to be changed.

Everybody came down from the bus for the tire to be fixed except one pretty girl by the Window. I was mad and angry. What is wrong with all this girls I mused in anger. I wasn't a church person but this is stupid and senseless. I started nagging and complaining to her face but then everybody kept quiet. I told myself I will confront her when we come down. If everybody is afraid of her I wasn't. All this girls who think they are too fine.. nonsense.

When we got to church, I patiently waited for her to come down. What i saw shocked me. She was assisted down. She was paralyzed from from waist down. Oops, how did I miss that. God!!! I felt so terrible. I still feel terrible right now. I met her and apologized. Again and again I apologized but I still feel it wasn't enough.
Bishop oyedepo preached today but I didn't get much. I learnt a bigger life lesson; don't judge people

Cc lalasticlala

Eyah...

d part that caught my eye was d.. beautiful but paralysed part

yet you'll see some 'not too okay' ones on & offline forming what I don't know..

nice lesson tho. be careful next tym
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by olafum1(m): 3:19pm On Feb 01, 2016
embarassed
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 01, 2016
This topic was from November last year. Hope this is not a undecided mistake Lalasticlala

*modified*

False alarm! shocked I just saw that someone requested for it.
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by HirstMOG(m): 3:21pm On Feb 01, 2016
As they say, sometimes apology comes too late. I am not here to either judge or criticize you, but all you need is a time with God and He will direct your thoughts. Welcome to the Winners Family. From Glory to Glory shall be your portion this year.
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today by rawpadgin(m): 3:22pm On Feb 01, 2016
cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Charred Remains Of Sodom And Gomorrah Discovered (videos & Photos) / Can Any Atheist Anywhere In The World Provide A Reasonable Answer To This ? / Choristers Please Help With Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.