Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,261 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 (9338 Views)

Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges / Shell Rules Out Repair Of Damaged Oil Facility / Throwback(pic): Buhari And Obasanjo Buying Akara On The Streets Of Lagos In 1968 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by viviangist: 11:54am On Nov 02, 2015
Still Fighting for Biafra see the Throwback Photo of what happened in Igbo Land During Nigeria Biafra at in that very year 1968 , The Damaged River Niger During that Biafran war in Onitsha/Asaba Nigeria , 1968 , many died , still No victory major Biafran Leader died Chief Emeka Odimegu Ojukwu , Yet No Victory , They still hope for Victory for Biafra to be called a Republic one day , We all Hope one day , Happy Biafran , Happy Nigerians , One Nation , Happy to be an African.

source http://viviangist.com/backnigeria-photo-of-damaged-river-niger-bridge-during-the-biafran-war-in-1968

Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by ibksiv(m): 11:55am On Nov 02, 2015
war.
Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by Blakjewelry(m): 11:57am On Nov 02, 2015
This seems like a scene from a game. I will like to play this ish
Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by ernesty20(m): 12:04pm On Nov 02, 2015
We will keep fighting till we win

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by hob(m): 12:05pm On Nov 02, 2015
Call of Duty-- Biafra Warfare

8 Likes

Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by kettykin: 12:08pm On Nov 02, 2015
The power of ogbunigwe. This time around I hope they will not bomb all the bridges in Lagos and Abuja

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by Lurcky(m): 12:10pm On Nov 02, 2015
Even some parts of onitsha was destroyed as well. But today go there That place is d largest market in nigeria today. The place has even developed faster than some parts of Abuja and Lagos that has not smelt war.
Federal presence has little or no impact in the development of the area except for d roads but still d people has developed it in their own little way and it is now one of Nigeria's biggest commercial places.
This is an Evidence that the ibo's are hardworking and relentless in achieving greatness.

Chai

NDI IBO KWENU

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by frankie15x(m): 12:13pm On Nov 02, 2015
Biafra all we want. One love.

7 Likes

Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by Chanchit: 12:19pm On Nov 02, 2015
I dey enjoy this strategy sha, if Nnamdi Kanu die for prison, you would see the kyn strategy Biafra would come up with, I love those people dem sabi strategize like kilode, and get ready cos Nnamdi just ordered for one nuclear weapon called Akara bomb, na that one dem go takefnish the"Zoo"I'm sure they are even gonna burn down that bridge finally. Very powerful people.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by Balkan(m): 12:29pm On Nov 02, 2015
We shall overcome. I pity the southern Nigeria. Fulanis are Arabs not up to 5million people ruling the whole Nigeria. They have destroyed the wealth of Nigeria and the Yorubas keep seating on the fence and will not stand and liberate themselves.

Yorubas don't realise that all is not well. The enmity between the two tribes is the consistent support of the Yorubas for the Hausa Fulani oligarchy.

I weep for Southern Nigeria. Now the SS/ SE led PDP have decided to zone it's presidency to the North again to pay the yorubas back for not supporting a southern president. How long shall we continue like this?

Who can unite the south? Obasanjo never lost any vote in the SS/SE. How can we move forward? The truth is that most politicians In the SW are there on their own personal interest.

Let's unite the SS,SE and NE and you will see That the Fulanis will be begging to leave Nigeria and Join their Arab brothers.

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by thundafire: 12:38pm On Nov 02, 2015
this looks like the game 'MERCENARIES' in which i destroyed the bridge linking chinese army 2 the mainland of NORTH KOREA

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 02, 2015
kettykin:
The power of ogbunigwe. This time around I hope they will not bomb all the bridges in Lagos and Abuja
ibos like making silly mistakes.

The war was formally between the north and Ibos. The ibos had a fine showing then till they decided to crossover to yoruba land all in the name of trying to liberate us. I wonder who told them we were under captivity. Their aim was to annex lagos. Such covetousness is still ingrained in them as can be seen in the post above. They met their waterloo in Ore when the yorubas raised an army in a short period to decimate the biafran army. With Benjamin Adekunle fighting from SS and Pa Awolowo dishing out wise policies, Ojukwu had no choice but to run away to abidjan like a coward. He ran cos Awo prevented him from gaining access to the food meant for the kwashiorkor biafran kids. The coward was seizing the food and using it to feed his soldiers and himself so as to be able to continue fighting like the oil thief and landgrabber that he is.

If the yorubas hadn't interfered, the hausas won't have been able to contain the menace of the ibos.

It's just so sad that these lots want a rematch of what left them with a bloody nose. This time around, don't complain that an Awo didn't feed you o!

Leave yorubas out of your shenanigans

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by kettykin: 1:07pm On Nov 02, 2015
juicee1:

The war was formally between the north and Ibos. The ibos had a fine showing then till they decided to crossover to yoruba land all in the name of trying to liberate us. I wonder who told them we were under captivity. Their aim was to annex lagos. Such covetousness is still ingrained in them as can be seen in the post above. They met their waterloo in Ore when the yorubas raised an army in a short period to decimate the biafran army. With Benjamin Adekunle fighting from SS and Pa Awolowo dishing out wise policies, Ojukwu had no choice but to run away to abidjan like a coward. He ran cos Awo prevented him from gaining access to the food meant for the kwashiorkor biafran kids. The coward was seizing the food and using it to feed his soldiers and himself so as to be able to continue fighting like the oil thief and landgrabber that he is.

If the yorubas hadn't interfered, the hausas won't have been able to contain the menace of the ibos.

It's just so sad that these lots want a rematch of what left them with a bloody nose. This time around, don't complain that an Awo didn't feed you o!

At what time did Awolowo join us government of gowon was it before declaration of Biafra or after.

I don't think igbos are daft, how does the stationing of troops in ore amount to invasion whereas nigerian troops where already in lagos having meetings on how to quell biafra

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by thewarrior72: 1:08pm On Nov 02, 2015
Who Is this slave from the slum of oshogbo?sad.
juicee1:

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 02, 2015
kettykin:

At what time did Awolowo join us government of gowon was it before declaration of Biafra or after.
when are you going to end your beef with google?

kettykin:
I don't think igbos are daft, how does the stationing of troops in ore amount to invasion whereas nigerian troops where already in lagos having meetings on how to quell biafra
is Ore an ibo land? Why station troops at a Nigerian territory? Why do you think ojukwu bombed agege in lagos? The covetous nature of ibos concerning lagos will tell you a lot.

6 Likes

Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by simplycarro: 1:20pm On Nov 02, 2015
juicee1:
when are you going to end your beef with google?

is Ore an ibo land? Why station troops at a Nigerian territory? Why do you think ojukwu bombed agege in lagos? The covetous nature of ibos concerning lagos will tell you a lot.

I think this time around, they will be more interested in securing Igweocha than trying to attempt another suicidal mission towards SW.

4 Likes

Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by dguyindcorner(m): 1:22pm On Nov 02, 2015
thewarrior72:
Who Is this slave from the slum of oshogbo?sad.

woe unto you son for insulting my origin. Greater woes to your tribes. Awon eni'ya!

5 Likes

Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 02, 2015
simplycarro:

I think this time around, they will be more interested in securing Igweocha than trying to attempt another suicidal mission towards SW.
what makes them think PH is their land? Do they think the ikwerre that constantly deny them will cede their land to them or the okrikas will allow such?

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by osazeeblue01: 1:30pm On Nov 02, 2015
This is the weapon i have respect for Ogbunigwe.
Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by laudate: 1:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
frankie15x:
Biafra all we want.
One love.

What da heck is Warri and Ughelli doing in your map??! shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by DaFlash: 1:50pm On Nov 02, 2015
incusion into SW was and will always be like napolion matching to moscow or hitler matching to stalingrad we all know what happens "STUPID DEATH"

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by jaymichael(m): 1:55pm On Nov 02, 2015
kettykin:

Ore resemble Onitsha or Aba for your eye? Did you seek and obtain the permission of Yorubas before the "stationing of troops" at Ore?
What did we do to you before Your officers killed our politicians, we let go, your troops bombed Lagos, we still remained neutral. To rub salt to injury, you invaded Ore, enroute to occupy Lagos. When we entered the war, viola! three million enemies died, Ojukwu fled to Ivory Coast. You cried genocide. For God's sake, what were your soldiers coming to do in Lagos with their guns? play polo or ice hockey?
You looked for trouble, you got served really bad.
Your types don't know Yorubas strike when the iron is hottest.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by imsuboi(m): 1:56pm On Nov 02, 2015
Biafra would come sooner than we all expect. cool
Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by Aminat508(f): 2:09pm On Nov 02, 2015
angry

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by lisimmo(m): 2:11pm On Nov 02, 2015
The first Niger bridge was built in the regime of Tafawa Balewa (a northerner) who was killed by igbo coupist.

This same bridge was destroyed by biafra soldiers during the war.

It was repaired after the war by Gowon (a northerner) who is hated with passion by the igbo

During Jonathan's regime the igbo were clamouring for a second Niger bridge and he scammed them.

After Jonathan's regime the igbo started crying fir biafra again.

the question is if you want biafra and you want to be independent then there is no point buildind a second bridge....logically.

4 Likes

Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by Kestolovee95(f): 2:11pm On Nov 02, 2015
juicee1:

you forgot to mention that a cowardly yoruba man named Col. Banjo led the Biafran troops at Ore and sold them off to the FG.

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 02, 2015
FOolishness!!! Like never before!
Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by akinyeleaa: 2:16pm On Nov 02, 2015
Balkan:
We shall overcome. I pity the southern Nigeria. Fulanis are Arabs not up to 5million people ruling the whole Nigeria. They have destroyed the wealth of Nigeria and the Yorubas keep seating on the fence and will not stand and liberate themselves.

Yorubas don't realise that all is not well. The enmity between the two tribes is the consistent support of the Yorubas for the Hausa Fulani oligarchy.

I weep for Southern Nigeria. Now the SS/ SE led PDP have decided to zone it's presidency to the North again to pay the yorubas back for not supporting a southern president. How long shall we continue like this?

Who can unite the south? Obasanjo never lost any vote in the SS/SE. How can we move forward? The truth is that most politicians In the SW are there on their own personal interest.

Let's unite the SS,SE and NE and you will see That the Fulanis will be begging to leave Nigeria and Join their Arab brothers.
Y include Yorubas in ur write up. Y not just fight for ur Biafra while leaving yorubas to their selves. Y should we necessarily unite with a cause we don't believe in. Man, u pple should fight ur battle and leave others alone, those who wish to join u will willingly do so.

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by UnknownT: 2:31pm On Nov 02, 2015
An advice: stick to celebrity blogging because I couldn't understand what you wrote up there before the picture
Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by Blackberrybabes: 2:35pm On Nov 02, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by Brooklynsouth(f): 3:15pm On Nov 02, 2015
lisimmo:
The first Niger bridge was built in the regime of Tafawa Balewa (a northerner) who was killed by igbo coupist.

This same bridge was destroyed by biafra soldiers during the war.

It was repaired after the war by Gowon (a northerner) who is hated with passion by the igbo

During Jonathan's regime the igbo were clamouring for a second Niger bridge and he scammed them.

After Jonathan's regime the igbo started crying fir biafra again.

the question is if you want biafra and you want to be independent then there is no point buildind a second bridge....logically.
but is there any logic in nigeria government drilling oil in abia state ?
Re: Photo Of Damaged River Niger Bridge During The Biafran War In 1968 by handie(m): 3:23pm On Nov 02, 2015
Biafrans be like, This time around, the "zoo" will be brought down. Last time, we didn't want to finish them that's why we bombed only the bridge. This time around, we'll use ogbunigwe and a new atomic bomb we contributed money for our director to procure to finish them. There'll be nothing left of the zoo by the time we are through. With them.... Hahahaha. I laugh these keypad warriors in Chinese..... If u've seen the effect of war, walahi u'll shun war and always embrace peace

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW / Why We Support Buhari –RBM Convener / Boss Mustapha Sworn In For Second Term As Sgf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.