Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,443 members, 7,861,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:29 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (71086 Views)

Poll: Do You Want Ade To Leave Arsenal FC?

Yes - Sell him immediately: 28% (17 votes)
Yes - Use the money to strengthen the team: 41% (25 votes)
No - Ade has been maltreated by the press: 10% (6 votes)
Not unless he is replaced, I will be sad to see him go: 18% (11 votes)
Unsure: 1% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 8:58pm On Jun 05, 2009
[img][/img]

rasputinn:

"Officially I still know nothing," Vermaelen told De Standaard.

http://goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/06/05/1306926/ajax-defender-thomas-vermaelen-claims-no-knowledge-of

Okay,so do you know anything unofficially

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 4:13am On Jun 06, 2009
You are a sod!!

When did i say Henry lost his form after Wenger left Monaco??
Don't mix issues up. . . . . .What we were debating about was if Henry's transfer when he joined Arsenal was overpriced or not.

Hannibal

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here
« #11722 on: July 22, 2008, 08:35 PM »

@ Ibime,

Now lets go back to a proper debate.

Obviously, his performances at Juventus wasn't what made Henry crappy. . . . .
It was the last few games he played in Monaco AFTER Wenger left them for Arsenal . . . He couldn't cope when Jean Tigana was the manager
From Monaco he went to Juventus where he even disappointed many soccer pundits. . . .
All these led to speculations about him being a fluke. . . . . His reputation took a nose dive so he was not BIG when Wenger signed him.

So to answer ur question. . . . . Wenger signed a small player with a fat chequebook.
10.5 million is hardly the point, stop looking at the value that way. . . . .Was the 10.5 under one year contract or 6 years.
I am not sure but i think Henry was signed in a 5-year contract in 1999. . .That was HUGE for the performance he gave prior to Wenger signing him.

GUFFANTI is here again
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Krayola(m): 6:28am On Jun 06, 2009
I think Arsenal will be fine. It was injuries that crippled you last season. you just need one or two quality subs for ur midfield and defence. You had Adebayor, Walcott, Fabregas, Eduardo out at the same time for fukc's sake. That would cripple any team. You were just unlucky last season and expecting players like Denilson, Song and Bendtner to hold down the team is a litle too much imo.

If you can pay up big time for Yaya (Every player has a price) and get a solid CB in case Kolo or Galllas are out, get Vela into the team more. You will be fine. If Walcott and Adebayor stay healthy too Arsenal can be very strong IMO. Walcott is an amazing player. . . Arsenal have a lot of potential. . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 2:21pm On Jun 06, 2009
injuries had always been our prb. . . maybe a big squad will do . . .but with our current players . .we can win anything ONLY if they start fit. cool cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 8:50pm On Jun 06, 2009
Is anyone watching Brazil vs Uruguay?
The founding fathers of football would be smiling in their grave right now grin
The original way footie is meant to be played
Not some machine like stuff played like chess in europe.
End to end stuff
2-0.
Brazil leads
Alves and Juan with the goals
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2009
What is the ruckus going on about Myles P's post?

I rate Ajax stopper Thomas Vermaelen and first noticed him in the Euro 2008 qualifiers.

He was in the team with Fellaini and Kompany, two big lads who can put themselves about and who have prospered in the rough-and-tumble world of the EPL.

Now unless Ibime is dyslexic, where in those two lines above does Myles state he saw Kompany FOR THE FIRST time at the Euro qualifiers?

dayokanu:

Ibime thank you.

I don almost crase for here cracking my Brain on which Belgium played in Euro 2008. When I tell you most English people and EPL lovers are ignorant you scream out. If a Miley Cyrus or what do you call that columnist could make that eternal gaffe.

Kompany who has been at Anderlecht for a long time not to talk of 2 seasons at Hamburg and Myles P is just seeing him.

Dayokanu knew Kompany from Anderlecht when they played CL 4-5 years ago
You are a consummate retard in a class of your own; unfortunately you have infected Ibime as well. You knew Kompany 18 years ago, who gives a flying fart? Where did Myles ever claim that the FIRST time he saw Kompany was last year? I leave here for a while and your few remaining brain cells have turned into saw dust. sad

He NOTICED VERMAELEN for the FIRST TIME in the qualfiers, not Afro puffs Fellaini or Vincent 'injury needs' Kompany. grin

Sadly comprehension has never been Ibime's forte and it has shown forth again here. grin

Back to topic - Vermaelen will likely not sign in my view - he is too Toure-esque or Gallas-esque, unless ANOTHER CB signing is being planned as well, like Zapata of Udinese claims. I am not excited by this player - we need the big CB right now, not another nimble WG.

As always, confirmation of any signing will emerge from Arsenal.com - anything else is doubtful.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 7:11pm On Jun 07, 2009
debosky:

What is the ruckus going on about Myles P's post?

Now unless Ibime is dyslexic, where in those two lines above does Myles state he saw Kompany FOR THE FIRST time at the Euro qualifiers?
You are a consummate retard in a class of your own; unfortunately you have infected Ibime as well. You knew Kompany 18 years ago, who gives a flying fart? Where did Myles ever claim that the FIRST time he saw Kompany was last year? I leave here for a while and your few remaining brain cells have turned into saw dust. sad

He NOTICED VERMAELEN for the FIRST TIME in the qualfiers, not Afro puffs Fellaini or Vincent 'injury needs' Kompany. grin

Sadly comprehension has never been Ibime's forte and it has shown forth again here. grin

Back to topic - Vermaelen will likely not sign in my view - he is too Toure-esque or Gallas-esque, unless ANOTHER CB signing is being planned as well, like Zapata of Udinese claims. I am not excited by this player - we need the big CB right now, not another nimble WG.

As always, confirmation of any signing will emerge from Arsenal.com - anything else is doubtful.

We can take it as given that that was the first time he ever saw Kompany cos most English journalists are stupid like that! grin. . . . . in this instance, the weight of past experience with English football pundits weighs heavily in my final deduction that Euro 2008 was the first time he saw (or claims to have seen) Kompany. . . . and if he hasn't seen Vermaelen before now, he is an incompetent charlatan.

9 times out of ten, English footie pundits have not seen mid-level foreign players play. Thats a fact!

. . . either way, Myles P is an ignorant Arrow, as is Debosky who follows his analysis unquestioningly! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 9:25pm On Jun 07, 2009
Myles P . . . . grin grin grin

I cant shout . . . lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 9:29pm On Jun 07, 2009
Ibime:

We can take it as given that that was the first time he ever saw Kompany cos most English journalists are stupid like that! grin. . . . . in this instance, the weight of past experience with English football pundits weighs heavily in my final deduction that Euro 2008 was the first time he saw (or claims to have seen) Kompany. . . . and if he hasn't seen Vermaelen before now, he is an incompetent charlatan.

9 times out of ten, English footie pundits have not seen mid-level foreign players play. Thats a fact!

. . . either way, Myles P is an ignorant Arrow, as is Debosky who follows his analysis unquestioningly! grin
Why is he incompetent? Must he watch every player at every time? What if the player never caught his attention till that moment? Unlike some of you google on the go peeps, Myles speaks from the heart and says what he thinks/remembers without fabrication. tongue

I like Myles cos he is passionate and highly opinionated - he doesn't sugar coat things like a lot of other Arsenal blogs tend to do. That said, he makes mistakes and is never ashamed to admit them, often publishing replies from readers setting him back in line. The only thing I follow about him is his passion for Arsenal FC (even if misguided at times grin) and his forthrightness. cool

Kit hates his guts, but that is understandable since Myles thinks Ade is a useless donkey. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 9:49pm On Jun 07, 2009
Ade might be a useless donkey but Myles is lot more worse . . .

how can he be so foolish to have made those silly mistakes ? undecided

at least he had all the time in the world to edit his brain grin grin

Myles P is an ignoramus . . .truth be said grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 10:46pm On Jun 07, 2009
debosky:

Why is he incompetent? Must he watch every player at every time? What if the player never caught his attention till that moment? Unlike some of you google on the go peeps, Myles speaks from the heart and says what he thinks/remembers without fabrication. tongue

I like Myles cos he is passionate and highly opinionated - he doesn't sugar coat things like a lot of other Arsenal blogs tend to do. That said, he makes mistakes and is never ashamed to admit them, often publishing replies from readers setting him back in line. The only thing I follow about him is his passion for Arsenal FC (even if misguided at times grin) and his forthrightness. cool

Kit hates his guts, but that is understandable since Myles thinks Ade is a useless donkey. grin

Leave it out mate. . . . I never heard of that phocking idiot till you started calling his name up and down. . . . maybe Myles P is the reason why Arsenal fans wont give Ade, Eboue, Song and Diaby a chance?  grin. . . . next time, instead of writing your 'insightful' analysis, it is better to just give us a link to Myles P's website so we can hear it from the horses mouth, not filtered and embellished with plenty plenty English in 'the man who invented grammar's' inimitable style!  grin grin grin

Also. . . . no need to take sideswipes at 'google on the go' analysts such as myself. Me footie knowledge is first-class and stands the test of time  cool. . . . Dayokanu is the nigga I respect the most on this forum when it comes to footie knowledge, notwithstanding some hang-ups over the declining quality of the bundesliga  grin. . . . most cats on here couldn't touch DK with a ten-foot pole when it comes to breadth of footie knowledge, both past and present. . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:56pm On Jun 07, 2009
Ibime:

Leave it out mate. . . . I never heard of that phocking idiot till you started calling his name up and down. . . . maybe Myles P is the reason why Arsenal fans wont give Ade, Eboue, Song and Diaby a chance? grin. . . . next time, instead of writing your 'insightful' analysis, it is better to just give us a link to Myles P's website so we can hear it from the horses mouth, not filtered and embellished with plenty plenty English in 'the man who invented grammar's' inimitable style! grin grin grin

Are you doubting the originality of my posts? Yeye Rivers boy, we aren't all copy cat Somalian pirates like y'all. grin

I quote Myles occasionally - often when he disses Ade just to get Kit riled up. Like I said, he is opinionated and goes off half cocked a lot of times, so it's fun watching him retract his harsh comments at times. My opinion is mine and formed from personal observations and reading others views. In short, my style is truly inimitable!! cool

Also. . . . no need to take sideswipes at 'google on the go' analysts such as myself. Me footie knowledge is first-class and stands the test of time cool. . . . Dayokanu is the nigga I respect the most on this forum when it comes to footie knowledge, notwithstanding some hang-ups over the declining quality of the bundesliga grin. . . . most cats on here couldn't touch DK with a ten-foot pole when it comes to breadth of footie knowledge, both past and present. . . . .
What use is footie knowledge when you struggle with simple comprehension? grin

DK is ok, till he begins his asinine comparisons of the Bundesliga with the lower echelon of the premiership. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 11:16pm On Jun 07, 2009
Wake me up when July ends and Arsene makes one or two big signings
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 11:17pm On Jun 07, 2009
You might have to wait till August A-40, so make sure you have enough ogogoro to keep you asleep. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 11:25pm On Jun 07, 2009
Why does signing players have to be so hard at the Arsenal?Why not sign them early so they have all of pre-season to train and get familiar enabling Arsene to try out a conundrum of formations and evaluate personnel.Our penchant for last minute transfers has not helped our cause at all
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Krayola(m): 6:28am On Jun 08, 2009
Because Arsene Wenger is a miserly pedophile that loves to get little boys for cheap grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Myself2(m): 9:19am On Jun 08, 2009
Krayola:

Because Arsene Wenger is a miserly pedophile that loves to get little boys for cheap grin

Oh c'mon gimme a break,whatever has signing mostly young players got to do with paedophilia? pedo this pedo that.I wonder when this silly WANKFEST will cease

AW is miserly no doubt(an attitude that has not been profitable),but leave the Arsenal fans to worry about that
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by FBS: 9:31am On Jun 08, 2009
Milan To Replace Kaka With Arsenal Star Francesc Fabregas – Report
Milan have laid their eyes upon the Gunners ace, according to the latest reports in Italy,
Milan are already planning to replace Kaka with Arsenal ace Francesc Fabregas, according to La Gazzetta Dello Sport.
The Italian club are on the verge of cashing in on their Brazilian by selling him to Real Madrid - a deal that is likely to conclude on Monday. The Rossoneri have been tipped to use funds provisioned from Kaka's sale to bring in Fabregas.
http://goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/06/06/1308581/milan-to-replace-kaka-with-arsenal-star-francesc-fabregas
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by FBS: 9:37am On Jun 08, 2009
HNIC:

Is anyone watching Brazil vs Uruguay?
The founding fathers of football would be smiling in their grave right now grin
The original way footie is meant to be played
Not some machine like stuff played like chess in europe.
End to end stuff
2-0.
Brazil leads
Alves and Juan with the goals

The first goal was mainly a terrible mistake from the keeper. Even T'ham keeper won't make such an error.
Was he trying to chest the ball? stupid to say the least.

The only "good" goal was that of Luis Fabiano. Absolute class.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Myself2(m): 9:39am On Jun 08, 2009
FBS:

Milan To Replace Kaka With Arsenal Star Francesc Fabregas – Report

Dont believe everything you read in the papers.FAB4 will either go to Barca or remain a GOONER.End of !!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 10:12am On Jun 08, 2009
@ FBS
I still expect more balderdash from the Press!
'Fab4 to replace Alonso at Liverpool'
'Fab4 to replace Deco at Chelsea'
'Fab4 to replace Huddlestone at Spurs' grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by FBS: 11:21am On Jun 08, 2009
@HNIC, you are very correct. The media is just crazy to say the least.
So much talk this summer but nothing  is really happening.  grin

PS: Imagine Fab at Spurs. Class.  grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Krayola(m): 11:58am On Jun 08, 2009
@myself2. . Just taking a cheap shot at Mr. Wenger. I like rsenal a lot.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:10pm On Jun 08, 2009
If Milan will pay £65m for Fabregas then we will sell him, as far as I'm concerned he is as valuable to me as Kaka.  cheesy

Y'all should exercise some caution in quoting goal.com - they will speculate that my grandma is moving to Liverpool to replace Torres before the window is over.   grin grin grin

More transfer news - the Vermaelen story is gaining credence oddly enough. He has admitted that it will be a good deal for him and that progress is being made/will be made this week

”In the coming days there will be more talks,” Vermaelen told Algemeen Dagblad. “Moving to Arsenal is the right path for me. ”It is a great sporting challenge and I will also be financially better off.
”I think everything is going to be okay.”

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/06/08/Prem-Vermaelen-on-Arsenal/gnid-56188/

In other news, Dzeko's agent is claiming we have a bid in place for him. I don't really know about this one. He's 6'3'' and scores lots of goals, and as long as he is more intelligent than Ade and doesn't go offside as often, he should be a good buy (if Wenger wants him that is).

On the other hand, Citeh want him and will be throwing obscene money in his face - let's watch and see. As always, no excessive thinking till it appears on Arsenal.com
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 12:52pm On Jun 08, 2009
I heard Kolo wants to leave grin

Silvestre wants a transfer to spuds angry tongue tongue tongue

seriously i dont think AW will buy tongue maybe he will in January 2010 angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:57pm On Jun 08, 2009
mukina2:

I heard Kolo wants to leave grin

Silvestre wants a transfer to spuds angry tongue tongue tongue

seriously i dont think AW will buy tongue maybe he will in January 2010 angry

If Kolo wants to go he can, as long as we have a good replacement. Silvestre? We can give them for free. grin

Wenger will definitely buy - after all the noise around his head, he has no choice. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 1:16pm On Jun 08, 2009
Silvestre's own will be a dream come true for me grin, so he will be hated by both sides and off course he messes up the spuds defence grin

he is Gomez's twin brother grin

Well i don't think ur uncle listens to noise oh grin he will do what he wants at his own pace grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 1:24pm On Jun 08, 2009
Nor worry Muki - I have sent him a message and he said I shouldn't worry.

He will sign by 31st August. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 1:36pm On Jun 08, 2009
Debo

I told you the way clubs are run are different.

It barely 2 weks after the season ended and Bayern have signed 2 players already Gomez and Pranjic. Not forgetting Tymoschuk and Olic signed in January.

While Arsenal is still doing a Merry go round on whom to buy who not to till the deadline comes and you have to buy at a high price or not buy at all.

The wise ones conclude their transfers early so the new signings can join the pre season and blend into the team.

There is a difference between teams who strike and those who make noise to the press about Transfers
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 1:42pm On Jun 08, 2009
dayokanu:

Debo

I told you the way clubs are run are different.

It barely 2 weks after the season ended and Bayern have signed 2 players already Gomez and Pranjic. Not forgetting Tymoschuk and Olic signed in January.

While Arsenal is still doing a Merry go round on whom to buy who not to till the deadline comes and you have to buy at a high price or not buy at all.

The wise ones conclude their transfers early so the new signings can join the pre season and blend into the team.

There is a difference between teams who strike and those who make noise to the press about Transfers

Yeah yeah - with all your transfers, we did better in Europe than you did, and you ended up trophyless as well. tongue

Besides, we also signed Arshavin in January, giving him 4 months of this season to blend and a pre-season as well, all in anticipation of next season. cool

I don't care when a player gets signed, as long as he signs. There is no proof that early signing achieves anything. I agree we have different strategies, but the end result will justify the means.

Apart from Barry to City, I don't see any other major moves (if that is even major) that have occurred yet, so I'll wait. We will sign who we want and we'll do it in good time.

I remember Spurs signing Bent very quickly for £16m - I'm sure it did them a lot of good, Ditto for Bellion and Djemba Djemba for the scumtwats. grin The timing of a signing is not the crucial thing, as long as the player signs.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 1:52pm On Jun 08, 2009
Last day signings have the tendency to be overpriced. Berbatov Quaresma, Robinho are good examples You have a whole 3 months to do it and you would be begging for extensions to deadlines
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 2:09pm On Jun 08, 2009
dayokanu:

Last day signings have the tendency to be overpriced. Berbatov Quaresma, Robinho are good examples You have a whole 3 months to do it and you would be begging for extensions to deadlines
Depends on who is negotiating. We got Gallas + £5m for Cashley. tongue

We got Arshavin for the price we wanted as well. As long as the deal is done by the deadline, it is immaterial. We didn't need an extension, but weather issues affected the FA's ability to process not ours. Let others do their jobs and we will be fine. cool

Berba was expensive not due to timing, but simply Spurs' demands.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (101)

Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur:UCL Quarter Finals (4 -3) On 17th Apr. 2019 / Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (3 - 0) On 6th May 2015 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On 22nd August 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.