Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,266 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (70537 Views)

Poll: Do You Want Ade To Leave Arsenal FC?

Yes - Sell him immediately: 28% (17 votes)
Yes - Use the money to strengthen the team: 41% (25 votes)
No - Ade has been maltreated by the press: 10% (6 votes)
Not unless he is replaced, I will be sad to see him go: 18% (11 votes)
Unsure: 1% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 4:32pm On May 15, 2009
@ allboyz
Bolton wants more for Cahill than they got for Anelka.
We are talking over 15m pounds for a defender
AW won't deal and I agree with him grin

It's still a long summer.
The window will close 31/08/09.
Still a long time to go
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 4:38pm On May 15, 2009
HNIC:

@ allboyz
Bolton wants more for Cahill than they got for Anelka.
We are talking over 15m pounds for a defender
AW won't deal and I agree with him grin

It's still a long summer.
The window will close 31/08/09.
Still a long time to go

HNIC is alive again?
Praise God. . . . . .Someone spotted you tying 14 yards of strong rope to a beam after Malouda's 4th goal on sunday.
I felt you were trying to. . . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 4:47pm On May 15, 2009
scumtwats wont let us be grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tayoccu(m): 4:50pm On May 15, 2009
these mancs sef
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 4:56pm On May 15, 2009
mukina2:

scumtwats wont let us be grin grin grin grin

It's a disgrace. . . . .It's a fucking disgrace.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 5:06pm On May 15, 2009
~Sauron~:

HNIC is alive again?
Praise God. . . . . .Someone spotted you tying 14 yards of strong rope to a beam after Malouda's 4th goal on sunday.
I felt you were trying to. . . . . .
@ Sauron
Malouda's 4th goal?
After Anelka strolled thru the middle of the park (with Mr Geriatric from scumland backing off) and scored, the game was done and dusted.
What may slightly lift me up is for us to spoil the party at O.T tomorrow. tongue
It's possible!
But wait a minute, if we beat Manure tomorrow,
Monsieur will come out with the  usual:
The midfield is made up of players between 20 and 22
I told u there is quality in this team
Fabianski is good enough!
Diaby is the best,bla, bla, bla
angry
AW. . . . . .
BUY,BUY,BUY. cool
Meanwhile what is this Love affair between Fergie and AW??
It's getting me really uncomfortable!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 5:17pm On May 15, 2009
HNIC:

@ Sauron
Malouda's 4th goal?
After Anelka strolled thru the middle of the park (with Mr Geriatric from scumland backing off) and scored, the game was done and dusted.

Here we go again. . . . . .So it was Silvestre's fault Arsenal lost.
Silvestre's fault Walcott can't shoot to score?
Gaynners are twats.

What may slightly lift me up is for us to spoil the party at O.T tomorrow. tongue
It's possible!

With the Trophy coming to OT tomorrow, not even Barca will stop United from getting the point they need.

But wait a minute, if we beat Manure tomorrow,
Monsieur will come out with the  usual:
The midfield is made up of players between 20 and 22
I told u there is quality in this team
Fabianski is good enough!
Diaby is the best,bla, bla, bla
angry
AW. . . . . .
BUY,BUY,BUY. cool

There's sterling quality in the Arsenal side. . . . .They just need 2-3 experienced players.
Get a decent centre back(there are plenty of em in Serbia) Players like Ivanovic and Vidic(less than 5 milla).
Wenger should get a defensive midfielder(He can get em for 12 a dozen in France) and Arsenal will challenge again.

Meanwhile what is this Love affair between Fergie and AW??
It's getting me really uncomfortable!

There's no competition again.
Man Utd V Arsenal is no longer mouth-watering.
5 years ago, tomorrow's match would be a title decider.
Arsenal draw(Arsenal win the title). . . . . . .United victory(United win the title).
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 5:25pm On May 15, 2009
[url]http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/47562,news,carlos-tevez-will-leave-manchester-united-says-advisor[/url]

Seems Arshavin might be having Russian company if this report is true and if Arshavin is anything to go by then this dude might be a tidy signing Pavel Pogrebynak lol i wonder how that name would look on a jersey

Cahill would be a decent signing he is pretty good on the air and strong unlike the midget center backs we have but for 15 mil!! Bolton should please Bleep off  angry angry

Wenger would sell Adebayor if the money is right its becoming obvious he is losing his patience with him

@HNIC
Fergie does not view Wenger as a threat anymore so what do you expect?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 8:09pm On May 15, 2009
[/quote]

Pavel Pogrebnyak, a former colleague of Andrei Arshavin's at Zenit St Petersburg, has spoken of his desite to move to the London club to be with his international teammate. Pogrebnyak could come in as a like-for-like replacement for Emmanuel Adebayor, the Togolese striker who has underwhelmed many this season at the Emirates and had previously been a target of AC Milan. Pogrebnyak said: "It is the first time I've heard about Arsenal's interest, but, of course, I'm pleased that the club is interested in me. I think that for any player to get the opportunity to work with Arsene Wenger would be a big step forward", [quote]

How good is this player? we sincerely need a world striker in person of Torres Or Berbatov  tongue grin Eto'0  i mean players of that calibre . . .players that can take 3 defenders at a time with pace and power and MUST be good in Air.

I would love to have an EPL defender in person of Distin (Portsmouth),Upson or Gary Cahill from Bolton.

I don't know if AW may purse Martins again . . . Martins will surely shine and score goal at Arsenal,because he will surely get passes and he has pace to run . .but he's too short for a striker . . . Vidic Crucial goals is what is giving UTD the tittle breathe now over L'pool . . . Most EPL goals this season were from dead ball situations.

Gunners 1800 tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by yousouph(m): 8:54pm On May 15, 2009
I hope Arsenal win a trophy next season because from what i decipher from AW interview with the shareholders was if the team didn't win a trophy in 1 to 2 years, its then that AW can say his youth policies has failed.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by nich(m): 9:34pm On May 15, 2009
yeah! try next season. 'might just pay off.

'hope you guys dont mind having a Barca friend in this room. undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 9:36pm On May 15, 2009
nich:

yeah! try next season. 'might just pay off.

'hope you guys dont mind having a Barca friend in this room. undecided

Knock yourself out!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:51pm On May 15, 2009
Pavel Pogrebnyak? Don't know much about him, and frankly if he has half the hunger and determination of AA23 then he will definitely be welcome.

In my opinion, we need players HUNGRY to prove themselves and achieve stuff. No offense to Ade - he seems to have gotten the big deal too soon - he feels he has arrived and isn't working as hard anymore.

Frankly that is the area where we have the least problems. If we have proper midfielders and defenders and Cesc is played in his ideal role, he will create enough chances for ANY striker to score 20+ goals a season.

Fix defence and central midfield and let players like Nasri, Cesc, AA23, (hopefully Rozzi) and Walcott play their preferred roles.

Wenger got pissed someone called Silvestre a geriatric. grin grin grin I wonder if he defended Song that way when people were dissing him two years ago. This French parapo nonsense must be removed from Arsene's system.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 10:54pm On May 15, 2009
I found this on the net.
It's hilarious but very true.
Enjoy

THE MOST IRRITATING FOOTBALL CLICHES

15) It's a six-pointer

No, it's worth three points like every other game.

14) He earns every bit of his money

Come on now. I doubt that any athlete on the planet truly deserves to be paid millions of pounds, euros, dollars, etc.

13) Back of the net

If that were true, it would not be a goal. To be pedantic, if the ball hit the back of the net it would have had to have been a wild shot rebounding off someone's face in the crowd.

12) Oh that one has gone into row Z

How can a commentator see where Row Z is from their press box?

11) Goals win games.

Oh, well that explains everything. We're not adopting Wenger's points for pretty football system then? Where the delicate Wenger boys can swan around and wait for Mike Riley, Phil Dowd and Co. to raise their numbered place-cards every time they complete a through-ball.

10) Peter Crouch has a good touch for a big lad

Zlatan Ibrahimovic does, Marco Van Basten did, but Peter Crouch?

9) The Wall did its job

Or maybe the free kick taker was Frank Lampard.

cool They scored too early

Of course they would have preferred to fall behind in the first 10 minutes.

7) This is becoming a cricket score

It's 6-0, not 248/6.

6) It’s a game of two halves

And here I was, thinking it was a game of FOUR halves!

5) He was in acres of space

Yep; all 4046 square meters

4) You can’t afford to slip up at this level

So it is perfectly okay to under-hit a backpass, miss-kick a clearance or score an own goal at Sunday League level, but in the World Cup or Champions League it’s a hangable offence.

3) If that was on target, it would have been a goal.

If I had an extra quid, I'd be living the life!

2) The Makelele position

NO! Claude Makelele was not the first player in 120 years of football to play in the holding midfield role, so stop making out like he was.

1) English managers are never given a chance

How about because they are just really bad? An English manager hasn’t won the Premier League for 17 years, the current top six are all bossed by outsiders, while England are coached by an Italian. Blimey, it’s all because they are not given a chance. Bring back Sir Steve McClaren.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 11:04pm On May 15, 2009
debosky:

Pavel Pogrebnyak? Don't know much about him, and frankly if he has half the hunger and determination of AA23 then he will definitely be welcome.

U dunno Pavel Pogrebnyak?
He was the plank causing us all kinda problems in the UEFA Super cup against Zenit.
Pavel is like Jan Koller or Carsten Jancker(Big, strong, and very good in the air).
I don't see how he can fit into Arsenal's stylish game play unless Wenger is finally leaving 4-4-2 for 4-2-3-1.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 11:12pm On May 15, 2009
debosky:

As everyone knows, Debo knows nada about football cool. . . . .he just covers his gaping footie knowledge with fancy verbage. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by akinalabi(m): 11:31pm On May 15, 2009
HNIC:

2) The Makelele position

NO! Claude Makelele was not the first player in 120 years of football to play in the holding midfield role, so stop making out like he was.

That annoys me as well.

We've known about the defensive midfield role for years. I remember
Westerhoff was always craving for it. He was glad when he found
Sunday Oliseh in 1993.

I also remember the first UCL final I watched LIVE. Milan V Barca in
1994. Marcel Dessaily was a holding midfielder.

Makalele was still at Nantes then
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 11:43pm On May 15, 2009
@allboyz
Distin how about Dat-tin?? abeg that is not the defender we need.Wenger really needs to do some serious scouting now and look for a CB the pairing of Toure and Gallas would win us nada
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 11:48pm On May 15, 2009
@HNIC
  The one that amuses me most is ''he was in acres of space''. grin grin In soccer we don't always mean everything literally na.

Where did you go hide, by the way? Welcome back. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 12:04am On May 16, 2009
Lol @ 9 and 11.

Lampard's freekicks have to be the most "direct" freekicks in the world,pun intended. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 12:21am On May 16, 2009
Ibime:

As everyone knows, Debo knows nada about football cool. . . . .he just covers his gaping footie knowledge with fancy verbage. cool

That should be written as "Verbiage"
Edit it quickly before Debosky hangs on to it and divert us away from his European footie ineptitude grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:28am On May 16, 2009
Ibime:

As everyone knows, you are an illiterate git who thinks his ability to do multiplication makes him a mathematician. Get back to me when you learn basic spelling. grin grin

I can admit when I don't know much about a player, unlike mendacious folk like yourself who try to impress with google-as-you-go information. tongue

I have never claimed to be the most knowledgeable about European footie, especially when it comes to Russian Football, admission of ignorance is the first step on the path to enlightenment. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 12:37am On May 16, 2009
debosky:

As everyone knows, you are an illiterate git who thinks his ability to do multiplication makes him a mathematician. Get back to me when you learn basic spelling. grin grin

I can admit when I don't know much about a player, unlike mendacious folk like yourself who try to impress with google-as-you-go information. tongue

I have never claimed to be the most knowledgeable about European footie, especially when it comes to Russian Football, admission of ignorance is the first step on the path to enlightenment. cool

Bleep it. . . . . .
See me thinking Debo has gone to bed thinking about his resignation letter. . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 12:51am On May 16, 2009
I wish we could make the title race more shaky for the scumtwats, Please AW do something.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 8:29am On May 16, 2009
Verbiage ko, verbage ni. Trust Debosky to worry about the lilliputian details instead of focusing on the more pressing issue of his European footie ineptitude.  tongue

Anybody can tell you about Pobregnyak. Where were you last season when he was putting flames up Bayern and Leverkusen's arse in the UEFA Cup?

Also, I see there has been a cover-up on the Man Utd thread. The powers that be have colluded to protect one of their own. Debosky must fall on his sword for that mess!  cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by loyika(m): 10:39am On May 16, 2009
Ibime tongue Shush!! tongue

Guys, if you haver the time listen to this podcast from Arseblogger cool Its quite incisive on a lot of issues for all the "Doom and Gloom Merchants" and its a really funny episode (If you have not been into it, its quite fun. My second best would be the Guardian Podcast, quite smashing cheesy cheesy cheesy If you need a good laugh to ease the weekend, i recommend both podcasts cool LOYIKA CERTIFIED!!)

http://www.oleole.com/blogs/arseblog

Its fridays Arseblog post in case you are looking for the podcast (or Arsecast as Blogger loves to call it grin grin)

Ok we have a game against the Scumtwats in a bit, well its one of those games where we really have fcukall to gain sad sad Unless by some stroke of Angel Micheal sword half the United squard get leprosy or something, i really see them clinching the league today tongue as sad as that might sound, you can't but doff your hats to the Scum tongue tongue They deserve the accolades, as they have been the cream of the crop in England. (Still want Farca to thrash them though, but thats for another day)

All we have left to play for now is pride, so the least the boys can do is TO NOT LOSE AT OT!! But the news of the squad travelling up to "Scummyland" doesn't fill me with much hope or joy.

Oh well, guess i just have to watch the game and relax my mind.

Have a lovely weekend everyone!! And stay Arsenal True!! cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 10:44am On May 16, 2009
Insert Quote
Verbiage ko, verbage ni. Trust Debosky to worry about the lilliputian details instead of focusing on the more pressing issue of his European footie ineptitude.  Tongue

Anybody can tell you about Pobregnyak.
Where were you last season when he was putting flames up Bayern and Leverkusen's arse in the UEFA Cup?

Also, I see there has been a cover-up on the Man Utd thread. The powers that be have colluded to protect one of their own. Debosky must fall on his sword for that mess!

Shut up!!! Must you mention how he was blasting that free kick through the wall into Olli Kahns net or the final coup de grace 4th goal on Bayern on that fateful night at St Petersburg?

Pogrebnyak was more influential than Arshavin in Zenits run in the UEFA cup win, Probably Zenits best player after Tymoschuk. He was joint highest goals scorer with Luca Toni in the UEFA cup of 2007/2008.

Good build and height and has a better positional sense than Adebayor

How about because they are just really bad? An English manager hasn’t won the Premier League for 17 years, the current top six are all bossed by outsiders, while England are coached by an Italian. Blimey, it’s all because they are not given a chance. Bring back Sir Steve McClaren

English Manager? Like Mark hughes? What does England have self.

Worst keepers Scott Carson, David Seaman

Worst defenders Rio ferdinand,

Worst coaches. Talentless youngster?

NO! Claude Makelele was not the first player in 120 years of football to play in the holding midfield role, so stop making out like he was

Senseless Sharon thought Makelele was the first holding midfielder. Typical EPL fans
Didier Deschamps? Didi Hamman anyone?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 10:49am On May 16, 2009
Dayo nor start in here today oh angry angry

Gunners
i dunno what to say, but knowing AW, he will most likely feature the same team angry and make it easy for the scumtwats grin

The boys should win and win big angry its about pride now guns cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 10:50am On May 16, 2009
Dayo woke up on the wrong side today!

Take your time oo, Mukinatrix don warn you! tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:06pm On May 16, 2009
Ibime:

Verbiage ko, verbage ni. Trust Debosky to worry about the lilliputian details instead of focusing on the more pressing issue of his European footie ineptitude.  tongue

Anybody can tell you about Pobregnyak. Where were you last season when he was putting flames up Bayern and Leverkusen's arse in the UEFA Cup?

What does that tell you what exactly? Ok he disgraced Bayern, but these days even pub teams can score 5 goals against them, doesn't mean a thing. grin He had a few good games in Europe yes. He wasn't stunning at the Euros so I am not carried away. The only thing I'm sure of is that he'll likely be more professional than Ade. That said, I haven't watched him with enough interest to have a definitive opinion on the lad. cool

@ loyiks

blogger is a real clown with his views. I don't think he's hard enough on Wenger though - the man deserves all the slack he got from the shareholders during the week. tongue

The bookies have this game 5/1 for Arsenal to win - the longest odds EVER in a premiership game for Wenger. I guess the bookies are looking at all the defeats we've had and think there's an ice cube's chance in hell that we can win. sad

If for no other reason, I want us to win and lose the bookies a good chunk of cash. tongue

To all the folk fretting about Wenger buying, the definitive answer is out:

There is money available to buy,” he said. "We spoke about that today.

“Where do I buy or who, that is difficult to speak about because if you come out with that you pay double price. We are rich, but we are not rich enough to do that. However, we will buy.

I have money and I will buy

Even AA23 has thrown in his own tuppence

"We must buy in the summer,'' he told the Daily Mail. "Not more potential, but players who are ready to do it now, players like me.

"We need two or three. If Arsenal want to win they have to do it - we are tired of waiting.

Over to you Arsene = the gauntlet is down. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 12:08pm On May 16, 2009
Start wetin?

Debo don come with with Gargantuan verbiage again

Just beat the scummies today. You know we are still expecting you to wear Crizzle thongs on your head
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 12:10pm On May 16, 2009
Hummm our backline looks a bit dodgy!

No imposing presence, i hope we can cope!! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101)

MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United: FA Cup Final (1 - 0) On 19th May 2018 / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.