Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. (4511 Views)

David Umahi Tours Waste Recycling Plant Said To Be The Biggest In Nigeria (Photo / Governor David Umahi's Agricultural Achievements / Pictures From The Burial Of Margaret Umahi, Governor David Umahi's Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. by Jimatex(m): 4:27am On Nov 03, 2015
Governor David Umahi’s approach to governance is wrong. The method he is using as a leader is not the right one if he wants to succeed and move Ebonyi state forward. Recently, the Ebonyi State House of Assembly passed into law that revenues generated by all the local governments in the state will be going into the joint account which the state government has with the local governments and that local governments have no power to execute any contract again except jointly done with the state government. This means that no job would be done by the local governments without Governor David Umahi approving it, this is not good in a democratic system of government. Viewers Corner found out that the Governor has lots of influence on the Ebonyi State House of Assembly, this is terrible. With the manner David Umahi is ruling Ebonyi state, if care is not taking it may backfire on him in the long run because the people of the statehave limits to which they can bear his excesses and manipulations. How can the revenue generated by the local governments be paid into joint account solely operating by thestate government? This means that the local governments should not operate its own accounts anymore and any future contract to be executed will have to pass through the state government. In Ebonyi state, local government’s monthly allocation from the federation account is about 3 billion naira, David Umahi has ordered that from the allocation, local governments will only be receiving salaries and 500,000 naira for overhead while the huge part of the money for capital/development projects will be with the state government. Viewers Corner is asking, what sorts of system isthis? We believe that Governor David Umahi is confused and does not have the leadership ability to lead his state properly.Again, the Governor has reportedly banned the indigenes from mining the limestone which they were mining in order to earn a living. He ordered that before any stone will be removed by an individual, that person will pay about 10,000 naira to the government. Also all the communities that have limestone are no longer allowed to collect royalties from the mining companies instead the royalties are being paid into the state government account. Now because of Governor David Umahi’s tight policies, many business owners and private investors are beginning to relocate out of the state, this is too bad. Another thing that surprises Viewers Corner is that David Umahi is building a flyover in an area that does not need that project and this project is being handled by the Chinese company with their substandard material.Government of David Umahi have increased taxes, fees and levies at an alarming rate in Ebonyi state. On monday, October 26, 2015, the tricycles riders popularly called Keke Napep staged a protest as a result of harsh conditions they are passing through in the form of higher taxes imposed on these poor riders who are trying to make a living and in the process of trying to make their voices heard in the state, one of their members lost his life. This is too bad. Somehow if real good government policy was introduced and followed nicely, the people of Ebonyi state would be happy to work and pay the increased tax because it would be beneficial to them but whensuch facilities are not there then nobody would like to pay such from his or her hard earned money. This is understandable. Also all the commercial transporters in Ebonyi state embarked on strike from Wednesday October 28 to Thursday, October 29 and Viewers Corner’s team had the opportunity of interviewing some of these commercial transporters, we were told that Governor David Umahi has ruined the state, he has placed higher taxes, fees and levies onalmost everything in the state. We found out that the state Governor, David Umahi has given all the ministries in the state monthly revenue target to be generated. Ministry of Environment in the state is given target of 200 million naira to be generating monthly to the state government, this has made the ministry to spread this money to all the people of Ebonyi state. Commercial Transporters that were paying 120,000 naira as levy before are now told to pay 600,000 naira and travellers are subjected to pay additional money called travelling tax. Each passenger travelling within Ebonyi state must pay 20 naira after paying his/her transport fare, passenger travelling within the Southeastern part of Nigeria are to pay 50 naira while those travelling outside southeast pay 100 naira to Ebonyi state government as travelling tax. The name of the company Governor David Umahi assigned to be collecting this outrageous travelling tax in all the motor parks in the state isKRAG INVESTMENT. All Shops in the state are to be paying every year between 80,000 naira to 100,000 naira as environmental levy depending on the size of the shop, flats are paying 12,000 naira while those living in a Duplex are paying 36,000 naira per annum to the ministry of environment. This is incredible and is not how a democratic system of government should operate.Viewers Corner calls this system irresponsible, regressive and oppressive system of governance.Businesses in Ebonyi state are in total blackout.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:29am On Nov 03, 2015
You talk too much.

I'm afraid in Nigeria, their is no law, and whatever he did, he did na niyen. No thunder will come from heaven to strike him.

Vote him out next time because I biliv his vote was credible.

Sorry.

1 Like

Re: Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. by Jimatex(m): 4:37am On Nov 03, 2015
He hijacked power. Nobody voted him in,however he will be doomed if he doesnt change his ways
Re: Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. by Nobody: 5:20am On Nov 03, 2015
Bad but i can't really blame him.. Does local government Chairmen are thieves... They do absolutely nothing....Lagos as a case-study...
Re: Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. by KRILMIJAY(m): 5:21am On Nov 03, 2015
D only state in Nigeria dt neva mks Headlines except for d wrong reasons. Ebonyi just dey lyk DRC grin

1 Like

Re: Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. by fleet7(m): 5:24am On Nov 03, 2015
give the man a break,He is trying to put policies in place to restructure the state.those local government chairmen are thieves

2 Likes

Re: Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. by molydonhenry(m): 5:32am On Nov 03, 2015
The evil that men do live and breed wit dem...

Kwantinu!
Re: Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. by soludo93(m): 7:31am On Nov 03, 2015
Nigeria is in a mess. With desperadoes like Umahi, citizens are losing everything that gave them sense of belonging.

1 Like

Re: Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. by bonechamberlain(m): 7:33am On Nov 03, 2015
op it seems u re new in Nigeria, almost all governors do the same.
Re: Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. by Karanka: 8:09am On Nov 03, 2015
OP, 90 percent of what you posted there are complete unadulterated lies.
I don't know how you guys do this - you just wake up one morning,get a brain wave and start posting absolute lies all over the place without your conscience pricking you??
What do you intend to gain by ridiculing a young government which is doing averagely well by any Nigerian standard??
That Man,in as much as he has his shortcomings,has been taking some uncommon bold steps for Ebonyi state that will benefit Ebonyi state at the long run.
Go round the state and see there's beginning to be sanity and orderliness.

1 Like

Re: Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. by BALLOSKI: 8:28am On Nov 03, 2015
Is there a working or an autonomous LG in Nigeria?
Re: Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. by lawflec(m): 8:31am On Nov 03, 2015
KRILMIJAY:
D only state in Nigeria dt neva mks Headlines except for d wrong reasons. Ebonyi just dey lyk DRC grin
you are very stupid.. Tell me which state you came from.. You that tribal that u forget issues. Get a history book and check Ebonyi state with other 1996 brother states and u bigot mouth would be dammed. I guess u re even from ABIA

2 Likes

Re: Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. by Wisdomkosi(m): 9:06am On Nov 03, 2015
KRILMIJAY:
your father

2 Likes

Re: Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. by Dreyl(m): 9:40am On Nov 03, 2015
Is Ebonyi biafra capital or a country?
Re: Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. by virud: 11:28am On Nov 03, 2015
KRILMIJAY:
Guy, are you responsible for any news (at all) from your state?
What contributions have you made to your state (economically and otherwise)?
Are you known in your L.G.A?
Are your parents / family members proud of you? in any way whatsoever? Can you please explain?

Please think before answering these questions...
I do not intend to ridicule and/or insult you in any way whatsoever.
Looking forward to your timely and objective reply!
Re: Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. by luckyDon1: 11:29am On Nov 03, 2015
Karanka:
OP, 90 percent of what you posted there are complete unadulterated lies.
I don't know how you guys do this - you just wake up one morning,get a brain wave and start posting absolute lies all over the place without your conscience pricking you??
What do you intend to gain by ridiculing a young government which is doing averagely well by any Nigerian standard??
That Man,in as much as he has his shortcomings,has been taking some uncommon bold steps for Ebonyi state that will benefit Ebonyi state at the long run.
Go round the state and see there's beginning to be sanity and orderliness.
Bros,the OP said the truth,environmental levies that he imposed on the citizenry is outrageous. Imagine taxing poor traders with 80k tax per annum without considering the value of the goods in the shop. It's not done anywhere.
Secondly,the flyover he is building is just a white elephant project of which has no direct economic impact on the people. Probably he must have seen the ones Peter Obi constructed at Onitsha and the ones Obiano is presently building at Awka. Anambra built theirs because of the volume of traffic on the roads of which affects time and businesses negatively,and most importantly to reduce accidents. How many vehicles ply Abakaliki roads to warrant building of the flyovers at that huge cost?What Ebonyians need is an effective and well structured agricultural master plan that will put food on their table,employ the teeming youths and improve their economic well being.
Though,I must say that Umahi has tried in infrastructure especially in the capital but he must an end to impunity been perpetuated by the touts he employed.

1 Like

Re: Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. by KRILMIJAY(m): 1:24pm On Nov 03, 2015
Wisdomkosi:
your father

i dnt hv tym for n over grown riff raff. i believe u r referring to ur slowpoke of a father. Punk.
Re: Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. by Wisdomkosi(m): 1:25pm On Nov 03, 2015
KRILMIJAY:

i dnt hv tym for n over grown riff raff. i believe u r referring to ur slowpoke of a father. Punk.
your father again

1 Like

Re: Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. by miqos02(m): 1:25pm On Nov 03, 2015
really
Re: Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. by Jimatex(m): 2:49pm On Nov 03, 2015
his policies is telling on the masses. ask traders in abakaliki and they will tell you wot they are passing thru.
Re: Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. by KRILMIJAY(m): 2:59pm On Nov 03, 2015
Wisdomkosi:
your father again
Hopeless son of an Urchin. insult ur father dt got u thru a LovePeddler again.
Re: Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. by KRILMIJAY(m): 3:02pm On Nov 03, 2015
[quote author=virud post=39637604]
Guy, are you responsible for any news (at all) from your state?
What contributions have you made to your state (economically and otherwise)?
Are you known in your L.G.A?
Are your parents / family members proud of you? in any way whatsoever? Can you please explain?
[size=7pt][color=#000099]
Please think before answering these questions...
I do not intend to ridicule and/or insult you in any way whatsoever.
Looking forward to your timely and objective reply![/color

A Fool dt wont accept d truth wen d need arises. Dumbass. quote me again cause dts d only tin dt shows ur level of mediocrity.
Re: Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. by KRILMIJAY(m): 3:05pm On Nov 03, 2015
lawflec:
you are very stupid.. Tell me which state you came from.. You that tribal that u forget issues. Get a history book and check Ebonyi state with other 1996 brother states and u bigot mouth would be dammed. I guess u re even from ABIA

Oluku. jux see hw pained u r jux cause of d truth. my friend tell ya Gov. to help improve ya living condition & stop Unleashing ur Frustration here by quoting me.
Ignoramus, M not An Abian get a life. Quote me to continue ur cretinous Statements.
Re: Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. by nawtibownie: 3:10pm On Nov 03, 2015
Dreyl:
Is Ebonyi biafra capital or a country?
LOL. A continent seef.
Re: Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. by Wisdomkosi(m): 4:02pm On Nov 03, 2015
KRILMIJAY:

Hopeless son of an Urchin. insult ur father dt got u thru a LovePeddler again.
your father again and again

1 Like

Re: Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. by Wisdomkosi(m): 4:04pm On Nov 03, 2015
KRILMIJAY:

Oluku. jux see hw pained u r jux cause of d truth. my friend tell ya Gov. to help improve ya living condition & stop Unleashing ur Frustration here by quoting me.
Ignoramus, M not An Abian get a life. Quote me to continue ur cretinous Statements.
improve your own living first and don't worry about ebonyians. jobless fool
Re: Governor David Umahi Is Doing The Unthinkable In Ebonyi State. by KRILMIJAY(m): 8:39pm On Nov 05, 2015
Wisdomkosi:
improve your own living first and don't worry about ebonyians. jobless fool

like u

(1) (Reply)

Indigenous People Of Biafra, IPOB Splits / Why Do You Support The Clampdown On Shias But Oppose Trump Muslim Ban? / "Maybe You Need A Lesson In English" – El-rufai Insults Channeltv’s Anchor, Maup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.