Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,224 members, 7,839,182 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Erosion : Igbo Leaders Calls For Immediate Intervention Of The FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Erosion : Igbo Leaders Calls For Immediate Intervention Of The FG (824 Views)

Trump Blasts African Leaders; Calls Them Slavemasters / Ganduje, Kwankwaso Reconcile After Intervention Of 6 Governors In Abuja. Photos / Biafra: Yoruba Leaders Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Erosion : Igbo Leaders Calls For Immediate Intervention Of The FG by Movic1(m): 6:47am On Nov 03, 2015
Onitsha – Gov. Willie Obiano of Anambra has called on the Federal Government to save the Onitsha/Enugu Express Road and Onitsha/Owerri Expressway from imminent collapse due to erosion menace.
Obiano made the call while inspecting the erosion sites along the Onitsha and Owerri Expressways on Saturday.
The Onitsha-Enugu road has caved-in at the foot of the fly-over at the New parts Nkpor, Idemili North Local Government Area of the state while erosion has cut-off one lane at two points at Okija-Ihiala axis of Onitsha-Owerri road.
Obiano said erosion posed danger to human lives and business activities in the area.
He said he had made contact with the Presidency after inspecting the site recently.
He said he had mandated IDC Construction Company to mobilise to site and start palliative works to save the road.
He reiterated that the Federal Government owed the state N25billion accruing from construction of federal roads in the state.
“This is the reason why we must get permission from the Federal Government before embarking on palliatives on the eroded site.
“It is very clear from the gravity of the erosion that the state alone cannot handle the project with its meagre resources because it will run into billions of naira’’, Obiano said.
The governor, however, advised Anambra people to bear with the state while it persuades the Federal Government to come to its aid and save the people from danger posed by the bad roads. Leaders of the affected communities calls for immediate intervention of the federal government on the Enugu-Onitsha Expressway which has collapsed completely as well as assistance in checking the increasing devastation of erosion in the state.
Senator Barnabas Gemade, leader of the delegation leader of the delegation who visited the erosion site expressed surprise at the extent of dilapidation on the expressway as well as the magnitude of erosion in the state. He raised the alarm for urgent attention to prevent continued fatalities in the affected areas.

www.centurynewsngr.com/2015/11/03/erosionigbo-leaders-calls-for-immediate-intervention-of-the-fg/
Re: Erosion : Igbo Leaders Calls For Immediate Intervention Of The FG by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 03, 2015
Re: Erosion : Igbo Leaders Calls For Immediate Intervention Of The FG by buzquet(m): 7:12am On Nov 03, 2015
obum88:
Go and ask for ur baifran president Nnamdi Kanu for help.

4 Likes

Re: Erosion : Igbo Leaders Calls For Immediate Intervention Of The FG by Andyg: 7:27am On Nov 03, 2015
Erosion or Biafra, pls chose one
Re: Erosion : Igbo Leaders Calls For Immediate Intervention Of The FG by bugzbunny: 8:07am On Nov 03, 2015
buzquet:
When resources frm d so called biafra is feeding u and ur family

3 Likes

Re: Erosion : Igbo Leaders Calls For Immediate Intervention Of The FG by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 03, 2015
bugzbunny:

which resources? Or are you trying to include SS in biafra?

Landgrabber and oyel thief.

3 Likes

Re: Erosion : Igbo Leaders Calls For Immediate Intervention Of The FG by koboko69: 8:11am On Nov 03, 2015
There was alot of noise about Jonathan fixing all the road in the SE by sincere9gerian and his crew just before the elections. I was surpised to see the state of the roads in the SE when some senators went on tour.
I saw a lot of errosion ravaged roads. .

I am forced to believe the only reason the SE were solidly behind Jonathan was because they knew he was destroying Nigeria and were waiting for the easy opportunity to declare Biafra...after Jonathan must have fully destroyed Nigeria.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Erosion : Igbo Leaders Calls For Immediate Intervention Of The FG by BALLOSKI: 8:14am On Nov 03, 2015
Now the true leaders of the region are speaking on how to move the region forward, unlike a certain jackal called nnamdi who's bent on causing crisis.

Nnamdi wants war? *in gej's voice* we shall see!

1 Like

Re: Erosion : Igbo Leaders Calls For Immediate Intervention Of The FG by Babalegba(m): 8:18am On Nov 03, 2015
Can't kalu fix that.Now they are begging the federal government. Shameless prats
Re: Erosion : Igbo Leaders Calls For Immediate Intervention Of The FG by BALLOSKI: 8:19am On Nov 03, 2015
koboko69:
There was alot of noise about Jonathan fixing all the road in the SE by sincere9gerian and his crew just before the elections. I was surpised to see the state of the roads in the SE when some senators went on tour.

I am forced to believe the only reason the SE were solidly behind Jonathan was because they knew he was destroying Nigeria and were waiting for the easy opportunity to declare Biafra...after Jonathan must have fully destroyed Nigeria.
To fully understand the race called igbo , you need to study them as a 20 years course in the university (not 4 or 5 years like other conventional courses) .

3 Likes

Re: Erosion : Igbo Leaders Calls For Immediate Intervention Of The FG by BALLOSKI: 8:22am On Nov 03, 2015
buzquet:
the coward is in police net right now partially nak'ed with only a torn boxer on.
Re: Erosion : Igbo Leaders Calls For Immediate Intervention Of The FG by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 03, 2015
bugzbunny:

You dey follow that idiot of elephantine proportion argue.

1 Like

Re: Erosion : Igbo Leaders Calls For Immediate Intervention Of The FG by modath(f): 8:27am On Nov 03, 2015
Jonathan only appointed some sons & daughters of the east who in turn engaged in major nepotism in the public service...cos from the states of the eastern roads, I still don't get the rational behind claiming "He developed the zone" angry

Travelling home for xmas is hell about to happen...

God please help our people to learn to make right choices & which battle to fight..

2 Likes

Re: Erosion : Igbo Leaders Calls For Immediate Intervention Of The FG by koboko69: 8:39am On Nov 03, 2015
BALLOSKI:
To fully understand the race called igbo , you need to study them as a 20 years course in the university (not 4 or 5 years like other conventional courses) .

You mean waste 20 yrs?

I dont even have a month to study them. Sorry!
Re: Erosion : Igbo Leaders Calls For Immediate Intervention Of The FG by simplycarro: 8:48am On Nov 03, 2015
The problem is that most Igbos don't really live in the East, they depend on lies that the few ones that lives there peddles around on the social media.
I wish they could spend half of the energy they spends shouting Biafra on the states and Fed govt to fix the infrastructural decay and the erosion menace threatening the SE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erosion : Igbo Leaders Calls For Immediate Intervention Of The FG by Beremx(f): 8:49am On Nov 03, 2015
Jonathan was in power for six years and nothing was done to control the erosion.

Ok o! Over to you president Buhari. Please listen to the cries of my people.

1 Like

Re: Erosion : Igbo Leaders Calls For Immediate Intervention Of The FG by BALLOSKI: 8:59am On Nov 03, 2015
koboko69:

You mean waste 20 yrs?

I dont even have a month to study them. Sorry!
igbos themselves don't even understand themselves. Confused, I guess.

2 Likes

Re: Erosion : Igbo Leaders Calls For Immediate Intervention Of The FG by SpaceTour: 9:00am On Nov 03, 2015
More reason why most people around here see you as a hopeless single old lady. Like a useless woman without home responsibility, jumping from one thread to another commenting on every topic. Be reserved for once!

Beremx:
Jonathan was in power for six years and nothing was done to control the erosion.

Ok o! Over to you president Buhari. Please listen to the cries of my people.

1 Like

Re: Erosion : Igbo Leaders Calls For Immediate Intervention Of The FG by Yeske2(m): 9:00am On Nov 03, 2015
koboko69:

Don't generalize please, so many knew GEJ was only a scam and for the so called leaders, what were they doing when GEJ was on seat?
Re: Erosion : Igbo Leaders Calls For Immediate Intervention Of The FG by meforyou1(m): 9:01am On Nov 03, 2015
juicee1:

is there no oil in 4 states of SE that is used to feed you and your hopeless generation?
Re: Erosion : Igbo Leaders Calls For Immediate Intervention Of The FG by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 03, 2015
meforyou1:
is there no oil in 4 states of SE that is used to feed you and your hopeless generation?

what is this oyel thief and landgrabber saying?

2 Likes

Re: Erosion : Igbo Leaders Calls For Immediate Intervention Of The FG by bugzbunny: 10:25am On Nov 03, 2015
juicee1:

FYI.... Come to Rumuokoro and say it to my face...
No time for idiots
Re: Erosion : Igbo Leaders Calls For Immediate Intervention Of The FG by buzquet(m): 10:32am On Nov 03, 2015
bugzbunny:

a quote from an angry man

(1) (Reply)

I Just Recieved My Alert / PHOTOS Of Cancer-stricken Alison Madueke Nigeria's Former Petroleum Minister / Breaking News: Man Who Organized Paris Attack Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.