Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,300 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

How To Be A Successful Tomatoes And Plantain Farmer. - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Be A Successful Tomatoes And Plantain Farmer. (10328 Views)

Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable? / Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria / Plantain Farmer In Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Be A Successful Tomatoes And Plantain Farmer. by jethro2: 2:48pm On Nov 07, 2015
crystalf:
Thanks Madam
You are welcome sir
Re: How To Be A Successful Tomatoes And Plantain Farmer. by skeletine(m): 10:17pm On Nov 07, 2015
jethro2:

Grow up.
You ve got a lot to learn.
Cheers
-“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” – Mark Twain.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: How To Be A Successful Tomatoes And Plantain Farmer. by calebadex(m): 10:51pm On Nov 07, 2015
My people on nairaland dat are following, try and follow those steps, wit God agribusiness people will come and transcat wit u. If you want to make it in life dnt let criticism pull u down, instead , let it encourage u.
For criticisers, nairaland is to share ideas,nt to condem and criticise. If u hav nothing reasonable share , pls, stay off on topic.
My people we continue tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: How To Be A Successful Tomatoes And Plantain Farmer. by jethro2: 5:14am On Nov 08, 2015
skeletine:

-“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” – Mark Twain.
Cheers
Hmnnnnn.
There are quotes for specific purpose. You don't just quote to please yourself because its suitable to your ear.
Its nice if people can read to understand and not read to reply.
Do have a great day.
Cheers
Re: How To Be A Successful Tomatoes And Plantain Farmer. by jethro2: 5:24am On Nov 08, 2015
calebadex:
My people on nairaland dat are following, try and follow those steps, wit God agribusiness people will come and transcat wit u. If you want to make it in life dnt let criticism pull u down, instead , let it encourage u.
For criticisers, nairaland is to share ideas,nt to condem and criticise. If u hav nothing reasonable share , pls, stay off on topic.
Nairaland is to share ideas. True. But must you share ideas to mislead other people?
Not everyone can gamble away their money on the farm. Offcourse you planted tomato but how successful are you with it?
What I advise is you need to up your practical knowledge before you can train others.
Simple suggestion
Regards
Re: How To Be A Successful Tomatoes And Plantain Farmer. by jethro2: 6:07am On Nov 08, 2015
calebadex:
Most people has lost their hard earned money in agriculture because they follow this type of cheap write ups.
I merely suggest you need to up your game in tomato planting. I have been a victim and I have learnt expensively.
I don't give a damn, I will always speak out when I see misleading post.
I see you are just gambling with tomato farm. There is nothing bad in that but get it right before embarking on training.
"Imagining you saying people should do tomato during rainy season".
Even novice farmers knows tomato abhor water.
There are lot of such in your write up.
I am not about pointing fingers but I am about being truthful.
Re: How To Be A Successful Tomatoes And Plantain Farmer. by calebadex(m): 12:06pm On Nov 08, 2015
Happy sunday to all farmers. Jethro, d world agriculturist, happy sunday to u too.
Re: How To Be A Successful Tomatoes And Plantain Farmer. by jethro2: 12:20pm On Nov 08, 2015
calebadex:
Happy sunday to all farmers. Jethro, d world agriculturist, happy sunday to u too.
Wow. Such a great honour from the tomato farmer. I am highly flattered.
Re: How To Be A Successful Tomatoes And Plantain Farmer. by billyG(m): 8:34am On Nov 28, 2015
calebadex:
An acre of land gives u 20000heaps, hectare give 2.2 acre. I used heaps. Employ 2 benue people (igedee) for 200,000naira yearly. Dey start work by early February, they start d clearing till middle of may. U prepare planting ur tomatoes in batches. First batch nursery should come up in the middle of april, and second should be by may and third should be by june etc. Depending on d quantity of ur land. Why is it advisable to be in batch ?
-Tomatoes has no specific market price. U will be able to meet all d market periods.
-harvesting of tomatoes needs time. E.g on an acre of tomatoes ,if u hav gud yields, 10people must harvest for d day. We harvest here every 5days.
-wen ur tomatoes start flowering, nw replant on d land wit plantain suckers.
Note: D 2 benue guys and u will do all d clearing heaping weeding and adding of fertiliser if ur land is weak. Excluding harvesting.
After all dis, at worse scenario, on an hectare, u have 1.6m on tomatoes and u hav like 2200 plantain growing left.
Next i will talk on d type of tomatoes varieties, diseases and the soil composition for tomatoes.
Is it an hectare of tomatoe u farm?how many ulahs(cluster of heaps) make an hectares.In which state are u farming?
Re: How To Be A Successful Tomatoes And Plantain Farmer. by billyG(m): 10:11am On Nov 28, 2015
jethro2:

Most people has lost their hard earned money in agriculture because they follow this type of cheap write ups.
I merely suggest you need to up your game in tomato planting. I have been a victim and I have learnt expensively.
I don't give a damn, I will always speak out when I see misleading post.
I see you are just gambling with tomato farm. There is nothing bad in that but get it right before embarking on training.
"Imagining you saying people should do tomato during rainy season".
Even novice farmers knows tomato abhor water.
There are lot of such in your write up.
I am not about pointing fingers but I am about being truthful.
But jethro,d tomatoes we buy & eat during raining season where does it come from?
Re: How To Be A Successful Tomatoes And Plantain Farmer. by adebayo4ng(m): 10:34pm On Nov 28, 2015
Ases sourcing is an online and offline based sourcing agent, we source for buyers of various commodities, agricultural, minerals, services and industrial goods.
Already we have more than 5,000 contacts already in our data base of individuals and corporate bodies who buy and sell anything that is legal on our data base.
We are using this medium to invite individuals, corporate bodies who renders or requires one service(s) or the other to be included in our data base.
Our terms and conditions are very simple and easy to follow. As a seller you are only required to give us any single digit commission in percentage that is considerate. As a buyer you are not to give any useless excuse for not paying when the buyer meets your specification and deliver your goods on time.
To be included in our data base, visit our website and download our form, check our signature for our website address or send an email to sellers4buyers@gmail.com and make your interest known, we will send our form to you and our terms and conditions. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How To Be A Successful Tomatoes And Plantain Farmer. by thintug: 9:03am On Nov 30, 2015
please who has the contact of any of any processing plant/company in delta/edo,i have cassava to sell... please contact me thintug@gmail.com/ 0708 378 7394
thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

IJEOMA'S SEAFOOD - Smoked Dried Prawns - Crayfish Available From Oron / Tomatoes Farmers Let Us Meet Here / Nigeria And Morocco Sign Agreement To Establish Chemicals Platform In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.