Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,154 members, 7,860,139 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:31 AM

All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency (19565 Views)

Breaking:Amaechi, ALL Ministers From The South-east Missing From Osibanjo's List / Some Ministers Will Have No Portfolios, Buhari Insists. / Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by nigerianvenom(m): 10:34am On Nov 03, 2015
Zombie government
Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by pasol4real(m): 10:38am On Nov 03, 2015
oluwaSmith1:
grin Thats really a good one.

Push my Amaechi to Niger Delta to treat Wike's fault up. grin grin grin
Mumu,and u think a "mere" minister would be more powerful than a governor?.

1 Like

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by greatest31: 10:40am On Nov 03, 2015
SmithEnemona:

bros, i have a total trust on this government.

Buhari will do 100% well only if you and I give him our total support.

I am so surprised the way we talk. Did we give jonathan a chance, did we pray for him? Everybody wanted him out without thinking of our tomorrow.

Now all I hear is that we should give buhari a chance.
He have to start performing because APC said that they have the solution to our problems and now I am hearing give him a chance. If they don't have the solution let them back out let another party enter, we have labour, apga, etc.

One Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 03, 2015
Let his spoke's man advise him properly in the house before he comes open to talk rubbish. His brain needs to be restarted. Brian dead leader.

1 Like

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by miqos02(m): 10:47am On Nov 03, 2015
denials and denials

1 Like

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by gigabyte13: 10:53am On Nov 03, 2015
Oooooooooh, Baba go-slow why na? The e-wailers and their seniors ( olisa metusaleh) , will not like this naaaaa. After calling people "ministers without portfolios" badnews for the pdpits wailers.
Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by crackhouse(m): 10:57am On Nov 03, 2015
Stephansmily:
A minister who doesn't have full control of the ministry
This is equivalent to being a sidechick cheesy
just call them a floating minister.
Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by Stephansmily(f): 11:08am On Nov 03, 2015
crackhouse:
just call them a floating minister.
undecided
Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by AreaFada2: 11:46am On Nov 03, 2015
Omotolu:
Buhari must stop insulting the integrity of Nigerians. All this say one thing today,imply another the day after must cease. I am beginning to believe he is suffering from senility.

The man likes future tense o: shall, will etc. grin cheesy

That he could not put together a road map soon enough after 12 years trying & as former HoS is incredible.

With all the brilliant human resource 9ja has to chose from.

And that here's no economic & security think-thank working feverishly (possibly including independent expatriates) since March says it all.
Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by j4sure(m): 12:40pm On Nov 03, 2015
NOTED HOPE THEY WILL DELIVER SHA
DONSMITH123:
President Muhammadu Buhari will assign portfolios to all his 36 ministers, the Presidency told Daily Trust yesterday.
The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, stated this in a telephone interview with our correspondent yesterday.
The president had reportedly said Friday that not all the 36 nominees would be ministers as some of them would only sit in the cabinet in order to meet the constitutional provision which stipulates that each state of the federation must have a representative in the cabinet.
Buhari was reported to have disclosed this during an interview he granted the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) and Channels Television shortly before he left New Delhi where he participated in the third summit of the India-Africa Forum.
But the presidential aide stated that all the 36 ministerial nominees that had been screened by the Senate would be assigned portfolios.
Shehu clarified that what President Buhari meant was that not all the ministers would have full control of the ministries.
He said the president would retain the structure in which there are substantive ministers and ministers of state.
According to the presidential aide, it is not possible to have a more ministries than the number of ministers.
Shehu said: “You know we have a structure of government in place in this country whereby there are substantive ministers and ministers of state.
“What the president meant (in the interview granted) was that not all the ministers in his cabinet will have the full control of the ministries. You know it is not possible to have the number of ministries more than the number of ministers. Even former President Goodluck Jonathan had 28 ministries and 42 ministers.
“So, what the president meant was that some of his cabinet members would be ministers of state.”
Asked whether this implies that all Buhari’s ministers will have portfolios, Shehu answered in the affirmative, saying: “Yes, that is what it means. But not all of them (the ministers) will have the full command of the ministries”.
Meanwhile, the president was reported to have disclosed in the interview that the country would be lucky if his administration is able to have half the number of the 42 ministers that operated under the last administration.
“There was no reduction of ministers to 36. What the constitution says, and we cannot work outside the constitution, is that there must be a cabinet representative from each state. Yes, there used to be 42 ministers, I think we will be lucky if we can have half of that now because we cannot afford it. Others may not be substantive ministers, but they will sit in the cabinet because that is what the constitution says and we cannot operate outside the constitution,” Buhari was reported to have said.
A source in the presidency told Daily Trust last week that the president may assign portfolios and swear in his ministers on Wednesday.
But the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, said the president could communicate when to inaugurate his cabinet.

Cc: lalasticlala

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/all-ministers-will-get-portfolio-presidency/117612.html
Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by omoladeazeez: 12:52pm On Nov 03, 2015
Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by omoladeazeez: 1:00pm On Nov 03, 2015
Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by wayitis: 1:19pm On Nov 03, 2015
Abracadabra, the more you, the less you understand
Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by toshmann(m): 1:41pm On Nov 03, 2015
divinehand2003:
I don't understand anymore oooo.
What are we to believe now? From reduction of ministries to 19 and making portfolios for all 36 ministers or adding those without portfolio to the cabinet, ahhhh, I am lost.

Anytime Buhari opens his mouth in public, someone has to go back and clean up his communicative mess grin

2 Likes

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by toshmann(m): 1:45pm On Nov 03, 2015
Omotolu:
Buhari must stop insulting the integrity of Nigerians. All this say one thing today,imply another the day after must cease. I am beginning to believe he is suffering from senility.

Shebi dem tell una say he no go school grin
Na so e de embarass naija every day by day grin
If this guy open mouth, him PR people go begin de fear. cheesy

In an era when reasonable countries are electing vibrant young people to lead them, we chose this guy. grin

Original one chance president

1 Like

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by steph2sweet(f): 1:47pm On Nov 03, 2015
SmithEnemona:

Am good at pointing out a wailer when i set my eyes on one. grin grin grin
Must everyone who criticizes this government look like a wailer to you, your love for mediocrity won't let you view situations without a biased mind.
Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by globalresource: 2:43pm On Nov 03, 2015
temitemi1:
Senseless President.

Calling the President of your country "senseless" such a kind of gutter and destructive criticism shows your ill manner upbringing and unculture soul.

Dont be angry when your society start calling you senseless...
Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by Horus(m): 2:03am On Nov 12, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjr86nQdbPk

[size=15pt]Nigeria gets cabinet ministers[/size]

Nigeria swears in the new government after more than five months of waiting, with 36 ministers and junior ministers taking the oath of allegiance and being handed formal roles.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PMS Price Hike: Labour, FG Talks Deadlocked / Kaduna: Two Guber Candidates Step Down, Declare Support For PDP / Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.