Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,202 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt (19540 Views)

Court Summons IGP Adamu Over Contempt / Onnoghen: CCT Chair Risks Jail Over Contempt / Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by oshozondii: 6:49pm On May 16, 2021
The Emir of Bauchi Alhaji Rilwanu Suleiman Adamu has suspended a member representing Bauchi local government in the Federal House of Representatives Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi who holds the traditional title of ‘Wakilin Birnin Bauchi’ indefinitely over disdain for the emir.

This was announced in the suspension letter issued by the secretary Bauchi emirate council Malam Nasiru Musa Maidala which was obtained by our correspondent Sunday.

In it, the emirate claimed that the tittle holder showcased disrespect for the emir during this sallah durber where he allegedly passed the emir with a royal gown (Alkyabba) on his body which is contrary to the tradition.

Our correspondent gathered that the tradition demands that all title holders remove their royal gowns immediately they come close to the emir as a sign of respect.

But the emirate decried that Honourable Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi acts contrary to the norm on sallah at the emir’s palace and a day after sallah at government house where the emir led his title holders to a homage to governor Bala Mohammed.

“In its sitting today under the chairmanship of his royal highness the emir of Bauchi, the emirate council discussed on your actions which show disrespect to the emir, leaders, the council members, district heads, village heads especially how you pass them with royal gown and royal stick which is a contempt and you were warned only for you to refuse to heed the warning.

“What happened on Saturday at government house was an indication of your disdain for the emir, the emirate, the governor and government. The council cannot condone this. You are therefore suspended indefinitely from the emirate”.

https://www.blueprint.ng/breaking-bauchi-emirate-suspends-reps-member-abdullahi-indefinitely-over-contempt/

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by Kiddo01(m): 7:13pm On May 16, 2021
OK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by slawormiir: 10:55am On May 17, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by harryboyng(m): 10:55am On May 17, 2021
Wtf
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by rawtouch: 10:55am On May 17, 2021
sad

respect for traditional authority is waning
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by FalseProphet1(m): 10:55am On May 17, 2021
I don't see him serving the suspension, I see him using his position as a reps member to fight the emir in court, I see him winning after money changes hands, I see the suspension being revoked. This I have seen.

10 Likes

Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by DoctorDree(m): 10:56am On May 17, 2021
He go soon share them money and they will forget his wrongs

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by longetivity(m): 10:56am On May 17, 2021
Emir dey suspend house of representatives member grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by irepnaija4eva(m): 10:56am On May 17, 2021
K
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by obembet(f): 10:56am On May 17, 2021
Family problem... Let us mind our business

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by AfroBeatDiary: 10:56am On May 17, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by Nomorelove: 10:56am On May 17, 2021
Life is like a horse... It runs faster and can slow down. I don't know what I'm saying.
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by owprint: 10:56am On May 17, 2021
Lol.. Nothing Musa no go see for Emirates Stadium

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by Iyiataata92: 10:56am On May 17, 2021
It is good to instill discipline into people and this is a good step.

But since the suspension letter was written in Hausa, it has no business coming to the front page of Nairaland.

8 Likes

Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by Naija147: 10:57am On May 17, 2021
All these aboki nor go die well oo, emirate inside republic. If that was in the south they will start crying like babies

3 Likes

Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by Remember1313: 10:57am On May 17, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by Kolaboluv7(m): 10:57am On May 17, 2021
shocked

Hmmm... ok we don hear.

Next please

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by ViolentMooslim: 10:57am On May 17, 2021
Do you know that an average muslim will vote Shekau if he contest election?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by Login12: 10:58am On May 17, 2021
Humans an ego, his suspension is only coming as a result of his refusal to remove his Royal rope, what if he had forgotten?, What if he had other things running through his mind at the moment?, What if he was over excited to be in such a honourable gathering? Just what if

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by Tupaq: 10:58am On May 17, 2021
Wetin come corncern me hia?
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by ManuelZuka(m): 10:58am On May 17, 2021
they should even suspend buhari and senate president rubber stamp lawan
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by bigdammyj: 10:59am On May 17, 2021
Noted
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by Karemarealty288(m): 10:59am On May 17, 2021
Tradition.... That means they will go naked before meeting Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by Amos1423(m): 10:59am On May 17, 2021
I don't understand o, is it his traditional title or suspension from the caliphate abi his elected position?

Somebody should explain to me abeg
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by MOVIC6: 11:00am On May 17, 2021
So the owner of nairaland is a norther or a muslim sympathizer, the reason why I should take an oath of what I don’t believe, what a stupendous mediocre of personality and ideology.
If some posts are islam related what of other posts, Christian related which a muslim will always come to bash Christian. Stupid act of nepotism and unregreted and unrepented people. Frustrated to be precise.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria / 8th Senate Adjourns Indefinitely As Saraki Bows Out / We Will Make Sanwo-Olu Jobless, Lagos PDP Tells Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.