Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,502 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Would You Cremate Your Dead Loved Ones Into Diamond Pendants - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Cremate Your Dead Loved Ones Into Diamond Pendants (1721 Views)

The Best State To Raise Ones Kids / What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones / Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Cremate Your Dead Loved Ones Into Diamond Pendants by gReenmAn(m): 1:22pm On May 11, 2009
There's a new fad being promoted by a company called Lifegem Company, specializing in making cremation diamonds, yes they take the carbon from your dead loved ones ashes and press it into a sparkly lab diamond for you (in a variety of colors). Now your dead relative can be with you always, not just in your heart, but on your finger or perhaps in a snazzy pendant.

Wouldn't you love to keep your loved ones with you for ever, like Diamonds?
Re: Would You Cremate Your Dead Loved Ones Into Diamond Pendants by ikamefa(f): 1:27pm On May 11, 2009
shocked this na original fabu or for real? shocked shocked

abeg post a a profile of this company !

on your question : though i love diamonds but nahhhhhhhhhhh

transforming a loved one into a bauble is kinda grosssssssss undecided

they shall stay buried shikena!
Re: Would You Cremate Your Dead Loved Ones Into Diamond Pendants by gReenmAn(m): 10:14am On May 12, 2009
This thing, outrageous as it might sound, but unfortunately or fortunately for some, it is REAL.

Check it out for yourself www.lifegem.com
Re: Would You Cremate Your Dead Loved Ones Into Diamond Pendants by Outstrip(f): 3:31am On May 13, 2009
I can definitely do it. It can be done and I would prefer that to carrying their ashes in an urn. I like the idea but it makes it hard to let go of a loved one when you carry them around. I would imagine that someone who lost someone too soon or in a tragic way would want to do this so they can wear the person close to their heart as a pendant.
Re: Would You Cremate Your Dead Loved Ones Into Diamond Pendants by Akinagirl(f): 6:05am On May 13, 2009
Now that just sounds creepy.
Re: Would You Cremate Your Dead Loved Ones Into Diamond Pendants by gReenmAn(m): 12:01pm On Aug 19, 2009
Life Gem at it again
Re: Would You Cremate Your Dead Loved Ones Into Diamond Pendants by Fhemmmy: 4:24pm On Aug 19, 2009
I cant.
I wont.
Never will it happen to me
Re: Would You Cremate Your Dead Loved Ones Into Diamond Pendants by ayomidej(f): 3:39pm On Aug 24, 2009
Never, never and never grin
Re: Would You Cremate Your Dead Loved Ones Into Diamond Pendants by Moshe09(m): 8:30am On Jan 25, 2012
Yeah, i will, and i think it is the best idea for cremation,
Re: Would You Cremate Your Dead Loved Ones Into Diamond Pendants by ikechukz(m): 12:30pm On Jan 25, 2012
e no make sense at all
Re: Would You Cremate Your Dead Loved Ones Into Diamond Pendants by moremi2008(m): 12:54pm On Jan 25, 2012
So dat ojuju ghost will be chasing me in the night? Hahahahaha! Nonsense! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Would You Cremate Your Dead Loved Ones Into Diamond Pendants by Knight1(m): 4:22pm On Jan 25, 2012
sounds nice on paper but from a pragmatic angle not good at all
1. people 'll hardly let go tho they think they have
2. God forbid, if the gem is stolen or you are robbed? means they've stolen your loved one. infact this is the kind of thing that makes people get shot during robberies
Re: Would You Cremate Your Dead Loved Ones Into Diamond Pendants by Okijajuju1(m): 4:27pm On Jan 25, 2012
Thats a taboo in our culture. angry

Tufiakwa!! angry

Anybody who does this has performed a sacriligous act and would be buried alive in the evil forest. Let the dead rest in peace.
Re: Would You Cremate Your Dead Loved Ones Into Diamond Pendants by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 25, 2012
I would do it.

And for those saying never, what if that was what your loved one wanted, it was their dying wish? Would you deny them that, just because it didn't go down well with you? Sometimes, it's not our call to say no.
Re: Would You Cremate Your Dead Loved Ones Into Diamond Pendants by kimmerian: 5:32pm On Jan 25, 2012
never ever. it would be way too creepy.
Re: Would You Cremate Your Dead Loved Ones Into Diamond Pendants by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 25, 2012
Siena:

I would do it.

And for those saying never, what if that was what your loved one wanted, it was their dying wish? Would you deny them that, just because it didn't go down well with you? Sometimes, it's not our call to say no.

, Nobody can and should attempt to blackmail anyone into carrying them around. I am a fan of cremation and hope to be cremated and I sure wouldn't mind carrying my loved ones around in a chain, that would be cool.
Re: Would You Cremate Your Dead Loved Ones Into Diamond Pendants by dasparrow: 5:08am On Jan 26, 2012
Siena:

I would do it.

I will NOT do it ever. My loved ones all adhere to the african culture and are not westernized and lost in the western culture, thank God. I know my family members more than anyone else and no one in my family will ask for that kind of madness. In my culture, we strictly bury people, we do not cremate and we certainly don't turn them into some form of jewelry. My kids will not demand that kind of crap from me either in the future because I will not be raising them in a culture where they will be exposed to all sorts of sick crap imported from europe. Let the dead rest in peace. We are ashes and unto ashes shall we return back to the earth and not back to jewelry sad
Re: Would You Cremate Your Dead Loved Ones Into Diamond Pendants by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 26, 2012
dasparrow:

I will NOT do it ever. My loved ones all adhere to the african culture and are not westernized and lost in the western culture, thank God. I know my family members more than anyone else and no one in my family will ask for that kind of madness. In my culture, we strictly bury people, we do not cremate and we certainly don't turn them into some form of jewelry. My kids will not demand that kind of crap from me either in the future because I will not be raising them in a culture where they will be exposed to all sorts of sick crap imported from europe. Let the dead rest in peace. We are ashes and unto ashes shall we return back to the earth and not back to jewelry sad

That's your view, and you're perfectly entitled to it.

As per Western versus African culture, the Western influence is getting stronger in Africa. A lot of African ones are dying out. What we have today in Africa is a mixture of Western and African values, not a bad thing. Some of our older African practices left a lot to be desired, and their replacements were a much welcomed change. smiley
Re: Would You Cremate Your Dead Loved Ones Into Diamond Pendants by Fhemmmy: 8:11pm On Jan 26, 2012
The living and the Dead has nothing in common . . . . cool

(1) (Reply)

Vote Of Thanks Ideas And Samples Pls. / please help me with this difficult situation. / Housewives Exposed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.