Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures (43500 Views)

Osinbajo Meets All State Governors (Photos) / Outstanding Salaries Owed By All State Government / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by azat: 9:56pm On Nov 05, 2015
There is no one who has stayed in enugu who will not rate it above other nigerian cities, except abuja. Enugu is the closest thing to abuja in terms of orderliness and planning.

Even the poor areas are properly planned. Areas like Asata, Ogui, Uwani an co are for the poor and very poor, yet they are not slums. Houses are well planned, roads are good and extremely interconnected, so much so that one hardly differentiates one street from the other. You dont call an area slum cos of the quality of houses there.

The network and quality of roads kn enugu is amazing. So much more you can drive the whole city in about an hour. No traffic jams....no bad roads. Few bad ones are constantly maintained and repaired as they r currently doing. No matter the rain, there is not a single flood anytime. The last governor really tried for the city.

I have lived in enugu, benin, lagos, uyo, abuja....I pick enugu anytime (asides abuja). It is a city i stay and feel like people are sane...so approvingly unNigerian. Uyo is cool. And abj is the best.

I have not been to calabar or ph. However, analaysis by neutrals is always positive for calabar as a neat, and ordely and livable city. By contrast, neutrals who stay in PH will always tell u of the negatives of the city, from being chaotic to badroads and the infamous traffic jams.

Being livable aint the same as economic viability. People would always diffuse towards the areas with more econmic viablity. As such, lagos (Commercial capital and former Admin capital of the country), PH (oil), Warri (oil), Onithsa (small and medium scale business, industries) witness more influx of people for economic gains. Same way south african, lebanese, chinese and Indian nationalz come to Nigeria for market purposes. It does not mean that Nigeria is more livable than south africa, etc.

It will surprise many ppl how residents of enugu feel about the town. It is not myopia or lack of travel, it is just the fact. These country just has no city in the real sense of the word. Travelling made me appreciate enugu the more, being born and bred there but left after university education.

Like the OP, I am from Asaba, which is a very overhyped town that has nothing really.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:57pm On Nov 05, 2015
ezeagu:
Aesthetically and in some other ways Enugu is more liveable, while Port Harcourt is cheaper and you can make more money there.
Simple and short.
And Enugu is more livable. Coal camp that is supposedly a slum has good tarred roads in the inner streets, are pH slums tarred?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 05, 2015
azat:
There is no one who has stayed in enugu who will not rate it above other nigerian cities, except abuja. Enugu is the closest thing to abuja in terms of orderliness and planning.

Even the poor areas are properly planned. Areas like Asata, Ogui, Uwani an co are for the poor and very poor, yet they are not slums. Houses are well planned, roads are good and extremely interconnected, so much so that one hardly differentiates one street from the other. You dont call an area slum cos of the quality of houses there.

The network and quality of roads kn enugu is amazing. So much more you can drive the whole city in about an hour. No traffic jams....no bad roads. Few bad ones are constantly maintained and repaired as they r currently doing. No matter the rain, there is not a single flood anytime. The last governor really tried for the city.

I have lived in enugu, benin, lagos, uyo, abuja....I pick enugu anytime (asides abuja). It is a city i stay and feel like people are sane...so approvingly unNigerian. Uyo is cool. And abj is the best.

I have not been to calabar or ph. However, analaysis by neutrals is always positive for calabar as a neat, and ordely and livable city. By contrast, neutrals who stay in PH will always tell u of the negatives of the city, from being chaotic to badroads and the infamous traffic jams.

Being livable aint the same as economic viability. People would always diffuse towards the areas with more econmic viablity. As such, lagos (Commercial capital and former Admin capital of the country), PH (oil), Warri (oil), Onithsa (small and medium scale business, industries) witness more influx of people for economic gains. Same way south african, lebanese, chinese and Indian nationalz come to Nigeria for market purposes. It does not mean that Nigeria is more livable than south africa, etc.

It will surprise many ppl how residents of enugu feel about the town. It is not myopia or lack of travel, it is just the fact. These country just has no city in the real sense of the word. Travelling made me appreciate enugu the more, being born and bred there but left after university education.

Like the OP, I am from Asaba, which is a very overhyped town that has nothing really.
thanks bro for the truth, Asaba needs a total overhaul. The major road in Asaba (nnebisi road) has been taken by dust, the waste management agency isn't working. Inner roads in Asaba are so bad and most of them are not tarred. I believe okowa will do something since he's ana anioma.

Repping okpanam anyway, its nice meeting a brother.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:02pm On Nov 05, 2015
Abagworo:

If they were spaced out with good parking space, lifts, water and power I would not tag them slum. When you compare with Independence Layout it can give you a hint on what I mean.
Most of achara houses, mostly flats by the way have wells and boreholes per house. Power? Enugu has more supply than pH . Achara layout is NOT a slum even if you compare it to new york. Its inner roads are tarred . Now compare this to pH slums.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:05pm On Nov 05, 2015
menabadoo:
come back when akure starts receiving
1. Big artists
2. Nigeria idol audition
3. Gulder ultimate search audition
4. Project fame
5. Nollywood stars
6. International shows

Enugu is not industrialized but not when akure is mentioned. Stop derailing this thread with that town called akure.
Economy is not restricted to buying and selling, or oil.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:07pm On Nov 05, 2015
azat:

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by lyntiffany(f): 10:56am On Nov 06, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Asata, awkwunanaw, uwani,coal camp are low class areas in Enugu but they are replete with good, wide and marked major roads, tarred inner street roads , planned settlements . Can any city beat that?
Chime avenue has good roads everywhere,Emene too. What's your argument?
All you Enugu haters can rot in hell for all we care.
Why waste your time in educating that grumpy old fool from the 1940s?
Have taken my time to list our expansion and developmental areas yet his still leaving in denial.
Heard his from Imo State, little wonder he acts out his frustration of his deplorable state on this thread.

Pls I mean no harsh words to the imolites.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by lyntiffany(f): 11:03am On Nov 06, 2015
Kagawa10:

Enugu is a basically a barren place! Nothing of interest over there!
And your people are flying in like witches to come serve for the state? Simply because it's a livable and lovable City, to crown it all we pay them well, #10k no be here.

Remind me the amount your Akure town... O! City... my bad.....pays their corp members?
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by lyntiffany(f): 11:16am On Nov 06, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Simple and short.
And Enugu is more livable. Coal camp that is supposedly a slum has good tarred roads in the inner streets, are pH slums tarred?
did I hear you say ph slums tarred?
My dear they are not.
Even the streets close to their airport road is not tarred, the road that leads directly to their airport is in a big mess.
Come to D-line you will cry Jesus wept and so many other places.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Maxcollins042(m): 11:16am On Nov 06, 2015
Ioannes:
lol so why are people leaving Enugu to come to the southwest or am I missing something?
You are missing something o,People aren't leaving south-east for south-west beacause of infrastructure enhancement but because of Financial enhancement. Apart from Lagos,which other south western state has a throng of the south-easterners?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Maxcollins042(m): 11:19am On Nov 06, 2015
lyntiffany:
And your people are flying in like witches to come serve for the state? Simply because it's a livable and lovable City, to crown it all we pay them well, #10k no be here.

Remind me the amount your Akure town... O! City... my bad pays their corp members?
Abeg help me ask am apart from Lagos,show me another south-western state that can be compared infrastructurally to Enugu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by abagoro(m): 11:40am On Nov 06, 2015
lyntiffany:
Why waste your time in educating that grumpy old fool from the 1940s?
Have taken my time to list our expansion and developmental areas yet his still leaving in denial.
Heard his from Imo State, little wonder he acts out his frustration of his deplorable state on this thread.

Pls I mean no harsh words to the imolites.

Ugly women always lack manners and think good of themselves. I don't blame you. Do you want to see the ugly side of Enugu here? You people are quick to condemn other people's state but yours is probably the least developed in Igboland. That Imo State Governor joined APC and PDP employed washing dirty linen in public does not mean Imo is not better than most states.

I don't believe in washing our dirty linen in public no matter the political differences but I warn you never ever to dare talk down on Imo again or I will let the Yorubas and other Nigerians know the true situation in Enugu State.

The picture below is Ugwu Aro. Would you like to have closer look at the streets?

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:54am On Nov 06, 2015
lyntiffany:
did I hear you say ph slums tarred?
My dear they are not.
Even the streets close to their airport road is not tarred, the road that leads directly to their airport is in a big mess.
Come to D-line you will cry Jesus wept and so many other places.
And some confused peeps spent the whole of yesterday arguing about livability of PH .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by lyntiffany(f): 12:57pm On Nov 06, 2015
abagoro:

Ugly women always lack manners and think good of themselves. I don't blame you. Do you want to see the ugly side of Enugu here? You people are quick to condemn other people's state but yours is probably the least developed in Igboland. That Imo State Governor joined APC and PDP employed washing dirty linen in public does not mean Imo is not better than most states.

I don't believe in washing our dirty linen in public no matter the political differences but I warn you never ever to dare talk down on Imo again or I will let the Yorubas and other Nigerians know the true situation in Enugu State.

The picture below is Ugwu Aro. Would you like to have closer look at the streets?
Abagworo you really are a stupid frustrated fool.
Am not here to meddle words or play hanky panky with you.
Go find your age grade in your village and throw your tantrums.
Daft.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Festy4u(m): 12:58pm On Nov 06, 2015
WIZGUY69:
cheesy All I see is villagers. cool
You will always spot someone that haven't travelled out of his/her enclave.

To them, Enugu is the most livable city in the world! smiley

I share in your line of thought, bro! @Op, if Enugu city (cos apart frm Enugu city most parts are unlivable) is termed your standard of the most livable city in Nigeria, then Nigeria as a nation will for ever be a 3rd world nation!
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 06, 2015
Maxcollins042:
You are missing something o,People aren't leaving south-east for south-west beacause of infrastructure enhancement but because of Financial enhancement. Apart from Lagos,which other south western state has a throng of the south-easterners?

obviously you haven't been to the south west. take a trip to Akure, Ondo town, Ibadan, Abeokuta etc you will find them en masse and am not saying this to insult any ethnic group, its just a statement of fact.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Maxcollins042(m): 7:07pm On Nov 06, 2015
Ioannes:

obviously you haven't been to the south west. take a trip to Akure, Ondo town, Ibadan, Abeokuta etc you will find them en masse and am not saying this to insult any ethnic group, its just a statement of fact.
Bro forgerrit, Enugu fine ni.......

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by abagoro(m): 7:45pm On Nov 06, 2015
lyntiffany:
Abagworo you really are a stupid frustrated fool.
Am not here to meddle words or play hanky panky with you.
Go find your age grade in your village and throw your tantrums.
Daft.

Coming from a local Enugu "beb" I understand. Thank Nairaland for giving you the priviledge of ever engaging a man of my class. Your type should be in the bathroom mastrbating to my picture and fantasizing my presence in your smelly orifice.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by IGBOPRINCE: 7:50pm On Nov 06, 2015
Noneroone:
Biafra's capital!
God forbid,sad enugwu is close to the north..
We want it btw ph or owerri..
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by IGBOPRINCE: 8:06pm On Nov 06, 2015
OlujobaSamuel:

am not tribalistic to the point of not seeing good. I have been to about 18states, that's not close to the best if you are talking about state capitals.
you made a mistake by comparing enugwu with osogbo..have you being to enugwu b4 ?if you know you re not bias.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by lyntiffany(f): 8:40pm On Nov 06, 2015
abagoro:

Abagworo is a frustrated old fool" I understand. My type should be in the bathroom mastrbating to her picture and fantasizing her presence with my old rumpled rod.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by IGBOPRINCE: 10:01pm On Nov 06, 2015
lyntiffany:
re edited
if you re the pretty girl on that profile then desist from all manners of insults. Doesn't suit you.

My take
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by OlujobaSamuel: 10:22pm On Nov 06, 2015
IGBOPRINCE:
you made a mistake by comparing enugwu with osogbo..have you being to enugwu b4 ?if you know you re not bias.

my comment was on the pix posted, I never claimed I've been there nor it's not better than that, it might be better but not with that pix. Hope you get my point.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by lyntiffany(f): 10:25pm On Nov 06, 2015
IGBOPRINCE:
if you re the pretty girl on that profile then desist from all manners of insults. Doesn't suit you.

My take
Thanks.
I will stop.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by IGBOPRINCE: 10:48pm On Nov 06, 2015
OlujobaSamuel:

my comment was on the pix posted, I never claimed I've been there nor it's not better than that, it might be better but not with that pix. Hope you get my point.
I read one of your comments where you said that you have being to 18 states in nigeria? So I thought enugwu maybe included.
anyway, I ve being to enugwu b4 and I can testify to you that those pix posted by the op is real.
Don't doubt it bro, just try your possible best to pay visits to enugu state one day.
I am certain you won't regret it.

It s a place to be in terms of social life and aethestic.
majority of the roads re tarred.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by OlujobaSamuel: 11:16pm On Nov 06, 2015
IGBOPRINCE:
I read one of your comments where you said that you have being to 18 states in nigeria? So I thought enugwu maybe included.
anyway, I ve being to enugwu b4 and I can testify to you that those pix posted by the op is real.
Don't doubt it bro, just try your possible best to pay visits to enugu state one day.
I am certain you won't regret it.

It s a place to be in terms of social life and aethestic.
majority of the roads re tarred.
Thanks bro. I never dispute that the state is/might be a nice one. Enugu is the only place I have never set foot on in the east but I hope to someday. I wish to visit all Nigeria states before death comes knocking, wanna have enough stories for my grandkids(not yet married o)
Modify
Thanks for the spirit of love, appreciate that. 1bottle of Non Alcoholic drink for you.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 11:57pm On Nov 06, 2015
Which akure? Even some parts of gra akure is not tarred, I have lodged at royal bird alagbaka, ondo town o Jesus have mercy on you. Ondo town that is full of mud houses? Or the one in uk? No dey lie put for here
Ioannes:

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by IGBOPRINCE: 4:20am On Nov 07, 2015
OlujobaSamuel:

Thanks bro. I never dispute that the state is/might be a nice one. Enugu is the only place I have never set foot on in the east but I hope to someday. I wish to visit all Nigeria states before death comes knocking, wanna have enough stories for my grandkids(not yet married o)
Modify
Thanks for the spirit of love, appreciate that. 1bottle of Non Alcoholic drink for you.
hahaha is nothing bro, just try your possible best to visits enugwu state one day and you will marvel. We have more yorubas in enugu state than any of the southeastern state in nigeria. Though I can't say of anambra state or imo state, but more of yorubas base there. I am not from enugu state, but that s d facts bro.
Anyway thanx for the non alcoholic drinks, but what I need now is orijin cos am going back to my origin soon. Hope you understand me..lol
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by IGBOPRINCE: 4:33am On Nov 07, 2015
Ioannes:

obviously bro, I ve being to ibadan town and abeokuta too, I can categorically tell you that apart from sentiment, ibadan town is ok, the problems with ibadan town is that they have ancient building which make the state looks local but apart from that ibadan is big and also well-developed. But ogun state is ok, ekiti and ondo state re still coming up like a normal state.

There is nothing there in your state or in my state in nigeria to killed ourselves over here on nairaland or to shown some prideness of,
when your leaders and my own leaders re looting the funds meant for state developments. Sometime I see all nigerian state including lagos and abj as backward state. Only a trip to united state of america or southafricans states will baffle you all or it will make you all close down this gaddam thread. sad
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 07, 2015
DikeOha882:
Which akure? Even some parts of gra akure is not tarred, I have lodged at royal bird alagbaka, ondo town o Jesus have mercy on you. Ondo town that is full of mud houses? Or the one in uk? No dey lie put for here

did you read the person I quoted at all? please do and come back and respond appropriately. thank you.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 07, 2015
IGBOPRINCE:
obviously bro, I ve being to ibadan town and abeokuta too, I can categorically tell you that apart from sentiment, ibadan town is ok, the problems with ibadan town is that they have ancient building which make the state looks local but apart from that ibadan is big and also well-developed. But ogun state is ok, ekiti and ondo state re still coming up like a normal state.

There is nothing there in your state or in my state in nigeria to killed ourselves over here on nairaland or to shown some prideness of,
when your leaders and my own leaders re looting the funds meant for state developments. Sometime I see all nigerian state including lagos and abj as backward state. Only a trip to united state of america or southafricans states will baffle you all or it will make you all close down this gaddam thread. sad

while I agree with most of your submissions, I urge you to read my post in context to the post I was responding to OK?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 07, 2015
Maxcollins042:
Bro forgerrit, Enugu fine ni.......

lol. I never said Enugu is not fine or not. just read the post I quoted and you will see that your response is really not necessary.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Bode George Carrying Jimi Agbaje At His Back In A Hilarious Advert (Photo) / Army Searches Nnamdi Kanu’s Home For Arms / 1000 Hunters Protect Farmers From Boko Haram In Borno State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.