Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures (43489 Views)

Osinbajo Meets All State Governors (Photos) / Outstanding Salaries Owed By All State Government / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by AlPeter: 4:02pm On Nov 04, 2015
alfred5:

I served in AKS 2014/2015 precisely UYO, Akpabio my man tried for AKS but please don't compare Enugu as a capital to any capital city in Nigeria except FCT.

The serenity, oderliness and calmness in Enugu-city are much.

otondo, swerve abeg. From what me am seeing SOKOTO better pass Enugu. Beauty, serenity and Orderliness the place fine pass this one FAAAAAAAARRRR. This reminds of Moniya on the outskirt of Ibadan
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by OlujobaSamuel: 4:07pm On Nov 04, 2015
chuna1985:

A Yoruba man cannot travel to 18 states in nigeria, except he was kidnapped n taken to those states grin
lol.... you tried but I no be omo get inside. The only thing that can stop me from going to any place is security reasons, not the face of the people in such geographic location.
There is no tribe in Nigeria not having in-laws from another tribe, even if I don't know of any in my immediate family, I've lots of such scenarios, so I live with the good people, delete the bad.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by AlPeter: 4:10pm On Nov 04, 2015
chuna1985:

And after d island...LAGOS DON FINISH.

Wetin remain na ghetto n very dirty places where even human beings get trapped in traffic jam.

palmgrove estate, surulere, oyingbo, akoka, Ilupeju, Ikeja, Obanikoro, Folagoro, Palm Avenue, Festac town to mention a few are also on the Island right? Have you been to Ikorodu of recent? You will miss your way stop saying stuffs you know not a thing about

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 04, 2015
veraponpo:

Each time you people send a picture of a street and conclude on a city, it is called fallacy in philosophy (hasty generalization).

There are some places you will get to in some cities like Ibadan eg Iyaganku GRA, Agodi GRA, Jericho, Onireke, Bodija, etc that you will think you are in Lekki Lagos.

Saying Enugu is the Eldorado is a fallacy.
Post the picture here, it will pass an area littered with dilapidated houses with brown roofs.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by OlujobaSamuel: 4:14pm On Nov 04, 2015
gebest:
just 20 minuits, here in akure city i drive for 30 minuits on a tarred road.
I said trekked in my comments which the person you quoted was making reference to. The statement reflects the state of streets not just major roads in Akwaibom.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 04, 2015
OlujobaSamuel:

lol.... you tried but I no be omo get inside. The only thing that can stop me from going to any place is security reasons, not the face of the people in such geographic location.
There is no tribe in Nigeria not having in-laws from another tribe, even if I don't know of any in my immediate family, I've lots of such scenarios, so I live with the good people, delete the bad.

I stand by what I said. Maximum a Yoruba man can visit is 6 states grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 04, 2015
AlPeter:

palmgrove estate, surulere, oyingbo, akoka, Ilupeju, Ikeja, Obanikoro, Folagoro, Palm Avenue, Festac town to mention a few are also on the Island right? Have you been to Ikorodu of recent? You will miss your way stop saying stuffs you know not a thing about

I've been to all those places.

Particularly, The capital of Lagos is a very disappointing place.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by OlujobaSamuel: 4:23pm On Nov 04, 2015
chuna1985:

I stand by what I said. Maximum a Yoruba man can visit is 6 states grin
do you know how many states it takes to get to Akwaibom frim Lagos. That alone is more than 6, except you want to start another 16>19debate.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by AlPeter: 4:43pm On Nov 04, 2015
chuna1985:

I've been to all those places.

Particularly, The capital of Lagos is a very disappointing place.

what's the capital? Again and I can bet you you've never been to these places. NEVER!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by ReskpetNobleman(m): 4:51pm On Nov 04, 2015
Ioannes:
lol so why are people leaving Enugu to come to the southwest or am I missing something?
Let me educate you a bit. In south east business competitions are times a billion as what it is in South West
So traders have to migrate to earn a life. Bet me no yoruba man will survive in business in land of the rising sun
Do me a favour get a brain wen getting brain carry wisdom join

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by HopeAtHand: 5:35pm On Nov 04, 2015
NOBODYY you no go rest until you kill somebody (Menabado) grin grin grin

This is an overkill.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2015
ReskpetNobleman:

Let me educate you a bit. In south east business competitions are times a billion as what it is in South West
So traders have to migrate to earn a life. Bet me no yoruba man will survive in business in land of the rising sun
Do me a favour get a brain wen getting brain carry wisdom join

yeah. you don't need to educate me on your dog-eat-dog mentality. I just dey laugh. so there is so much business competition that's why you kill yourselves to come to south"waste" abi. I guess there's so much business too in New York that they move to, let me see, Alaska, so that they won't face competition.

now let me educate you. you guys can't stand each other because of your excessive love for money and so you move to where people are more tolerant of each other.

it reminds me of when I was serving in the North. A friend, a female Igbo Corper told me that if ever I wanted to marry from Igbo I shouldn't marry from Anambra because they are...so on and so forth. so beg God that you need that brain asap before you hurt yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 04, 2015
chuna1985:

Point is, igbos are in s west in millions, buying land, developing it, shaming d owners of the land. Deal with it.

I don't know where you live, but the Igbo I see daily are scrounging and scrapping a living in Lagos and Ibadan. they are not better off than the rest. so don't always believe the photos your uncles send to you in the village OK? they are probably photos of other peoples' mansions.

I am not saying there aren't Igbo doing well in the Southwest, but in their millions please wake up from your slumber.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 04, 2015
estyvino:

You miss nothing! come to Enugu; it's as packed full as none left the town

is that so? probably some missed their bus to Lagos. tomorrow morning go to the motor park and tell me what you see.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by theDEVILisHERE: 5:49pm On Nov 04, 2015
menabadoo:
All states should emulate enugu, it give me joy to see a Nigerian city with such serenity and orderliness. I think Asaba ( my state capital) still have a long way to go. I see hope each time I see enugu, I see a potential regional capital.

All states should learn from enugu.

Nigeria can never ever be livable
It is a fraudulent contraception that eventually will be destroyed
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 04, 2015
AlPeter:

OK, the only developed places in surulere are bode Thomas, stadium and adeniran ogunsanya axis, aguda, ijesha and lawanson are slums.

Oyingbo is not developed please, its a slum, is that not where we have kano, Ibadan streets etc and also carter bridge?

Palm groove is just an estate, we have estates better than palmgrove everywhere.

Obanikoro is a bus stop close to ilupeju

Festac town? Please don't shame yoursself with that shit of an estate.

The only fine roads in Ikeja arw awolowo road, mobolaji Anthony road, airport road,l and secreteraite road. Other roads are substandard, from agidingbi road,, Toyin road, Allen avenue etc are all substandard roads. Ikeja is usually flooded during rain. Roads in ikeja are not smooth.
We igbos know all these places, don't lie to us.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 04, 2015
Ioannes:

I don't know where you live, but the Igbo I see daily are scrounging and scrapping a living in Lagos and Ibadan. they are not better off than the rest. so don't always believe the photos your uncles send to you in the village OK? they are probably photos of other peoples' mansions.

I am not saying there aren't Igbo doing well in the Southwest, but in their millions please wake up from your slumber.

Igbos by d millions r doing well in south west. I'm not mixing words.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 04, 2015
AlPeter:

what's the capital? Again and I can bet you you've never been to these places. NEVER!

LAGOS IS bleeped bro. Do u fink am Yoruba like u who have never travelled out of s west

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 04, 2015
OlujobaSamuel:

do you know how many states it takes to get to Akwaibom frim Lagos. That alone is more than 6, except you want to start another 16>19debate.

So if u enter bus for asaba, pass thru Anambra n get to enugu, u will start shouting that u have visited Anambra state

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by jacseniore(m): 6:12pm On Nov 04, 2015
Enugu is a decent city to live in, from the landscape to scerene and beautiful environment, with loving people not too populated, low crime rate and the houses are affordable with a good standard of living in general!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 04, 2015
Reporting live from the city of 042 enugu. Guys like seriously all the roads in this city is wowwwww
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 04, 2015
chuna1985:

Igbos by d millions r doing well in south west. I'm not mixing words.

if you like mix am, if you like remix am. that is my opinion backed with facts.
you want proof? go to idumota and so on. yo will see them there.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by lyntiffany(f): 6:15pm On Nov 04, 2015
OlujobaSamuel:
calabar is not that beautiful, only calabar metropolis is.
Uyo is the best I've seen. Ikeja is better than that enugu, osogbo is also better than that.
The best I've seen with full development is Uyo, there is no where I trekked for 20minutes on an untarred road.
Now your lying,Uyo is a beautiful city but places that are not tarred are still numerous.
Their government have alot to do when it comes to road construction.
And pls before you lash out on me it's my maternal home.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by jacseniore(m): 6:26pm On Nov 04, 2015
Enugu is also a well planed city, u can't take it away from it. Anybody can live in the city and still enjoy it without being mega rich like abuja and lagos!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 04, 2015
Ioannes:

if you like mix am, if you like remix am. that is my opinion backed with facts.

you want proof? go to idumota and so on. yo will see them there.

U can also see d igbos, their houses n business complexes all over lekki....Or haven't u been to lekki grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Tycoflu(m): 6:48pm On Nov 04, 2015
NOBODYY:
Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be
Like Enugu-pictures cool
YeYe dey worry una!

Something dey worry you for head I swear. So you go search for pic for internet , come post pic of road way ugwanyi don attend to. Na your type go bring 2007 pic of Onitsha head bridge road for 2015 dey shout say e bad.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by OlujobaSamuel: 7:01pm On Nov 04, 2015
chuna1985:

So if u enter bus for asaba, pass thru Anambra n get to enugu, u will start shouting that u have visited Anambra state

don't you know the difference between visiting and I have been there. so if I go through MM intl airport to Gatwick airport from Jigawa, I won't see it the way someone taking off from Lagos would.
don't be a joke bro.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 04, 2015
OlujobaSamuel:

don't you know the difference between visiting and I have been there. so if I go through MM intl airport to Gatwick airport from Jigawa, I won't see it the way someone taking off from Lagos would.
don't be a joke bro.

Back to d point. U havr not visited more than 6 states. It's classic with ALL Yoruba people.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by OlujobaSamuel: 7:07pm On Nov 04, 2015
lyntiffany:
Now your lying,Uyo is a beautiful city but places that are not tarred are still numerous.
Their government have alot to do when it comes to road construction.
And pls before you lash out on me it's my maternal home.
sis, am not lashing out at anyone pls, am just pointing out what I witnessed during my stay in the state.
you can also point out the locations with such bad parts in uyo. Thanks.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by OlujobaSamuel: 7:18pm On Nov 04, 2015
chuna1985:

Back to d point. U havr not visited more than 6 states. It's classic with ALL Yoruba people.
thought you deserve engaging in a sensible discussion.
even SW state alone is 6, so travelling to other part of the country is nothing to you. Add calabar to those SW, that's 7. I now know why majority of you are of the opinion that 16>19.
Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by FreeGlobe(f): 7:39pm On Nov 04, 2015
Joeace3000:
[s]All i see is low self esteem... Everyone knows Enugu cannot in 100 years be used as a model city for other parts of Nigeria. This thread could only have been created by somebody who has spent all his life in Enugu. What a shame. I am sure when op visits Lagos, Abuja and Kano, he'll quickly mail the mods to delete this thread

Meanwhile for those people who have no jobs, are tired of switching jobs or have no skill at all and want to develop skills that can fetch them money today, here is my Nairaland thread (Brought to you by brilliantlightsmedia) where you can come in to learn how to join fiverr and offfer Hot, In-demand Services as well as developing the skills needed not only to make money monthly working online on fiverr but offline as a workplace skill you can start a business with or use to boost your resume and job chances. Ain't that cool?

The thread is a well explained step by step guide along with images to help you grasp what you need to do. to help you get started today

There are very easy ways of making it through the internet, you just have to find the safest and surest way, and this one beckons. follow me now...

The Nairaland Fiverr Free Training Thread
[/s]
you are very stupid. You think Enugu is your regular yoruba state capital. Enugu is the best state capital in Nigeria minus Abuja which is Federal capital. You need to visit enugu to see how your useless state capital is supposed to look like. Enugu's status is international as you can see here, unlike the village capitals you call Kano and the rest. Show me any other Nigeria city listed in the cities in the link below. And nobody cares about you Fiverr nonsense.

http://www.100resilientcities.org/cities/entry/enugu#/-_/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures by FreeGlobe(f): 7:43pm On Nov 04, 2015
HopeAtHand:
NOBODYY you no go rest until you kill somebody (Menabado) grin grin grin

This is an overkill.
Ikwerre man, Enugu is still far better than your Port Harcourt, garden slum. grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Kaduna Women Protest Half Unclad Over Killing Of Youth In Kafanchan (Pics) / Aisha Buhari Joins The Accolade Challenge. Reacts To Photo Of Trump With Buhari / Yahaya Bello: "El-Rufai Begged Kogi People To Forgive Me For Performing"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.