Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. (10892 Views)

Fox News: Activists Accuse Nigerian Military Of Killing Hundreds Of Shiites / Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage / TMG Dissociate Self From Presidential Debates, Accuse Organizers Of Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by sleekp1: 7:40pm On May 13, 2009
fayahsoul:

Nice one.
Don't demand justice, serve justice. Afuraka for Afurakans. QED
!

smiley smiley smiley smiley lol
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by ikeyman00(m): 8:09pm On May 13, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
looks like this thread is being taken over by juveniles. as is the same with other threads. when can a thread be started and closed without insults flying around. just shows how ancient we are. the fact that we can't have a civil discussion just underlines that we are still living in the stone age. how bad can we get. don't you know that when ur ready to have a civil discussion, thats when people respect you. everything we do must turn into insults and hatred. all threads are like that. so where do i go. i'll just sign out. bettter than hanging around juveniles.

toxicguy

if anyone is ancient, i think is u

just look at ur username alone, abi na brietny spear toxic or something

cool
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by wanville(m): 10:32pm On May 13, 2009
:
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by chase4(m): 10:47pm On May 13, 2009
toxicguy:

i've been there with a lebanese friend of mine, and i'll tell you there's lots of nigerians there. i was really surprised. i went there thinking i would be the odd guy out, but no way man. was never even noticed.

How do they live ? Does any one Nigerian own a company/legal biz there ? 100% owned ?
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 13, 2009
i wonder on what criteria they are qualified to be offered a naija passport, they need to be thrown out sharp sharp, they have taken over our engineering industries(especially the civil and construction) and they pay peanut to their staffs, i believe this can never happen in their country,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by nguage(m): 12:21am On May 14, 2009
The Lebanese folks are overreacting with their racist shouts. These officials have to do what has been stipulated by the constitution, many of them will do the same to me and I'm as dark as a hockey puck.

What has to be revised is the constitution, I think anyone born and raised in Nigeria deserves to be a citizen of the country.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by nguage(m): 12:22am On May 14, 2009
saxywale:

i wonder on what criteria they are qualified to be offered a naija passport, they need to be thrown out sharp sharp, they have taken over our engineering industries(especially the civil and construction) and they pay peanut to their staffs, i believe this can never happen in their country,

Many of these Nigerians are starting to talk and think like Americans.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by seyibrown(f): 1:51am On May 14, 2009
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by ShogunSP: 9:07am On May 14, 2009
na wa for Nigerians o, they want to go everywhere and they don't want to tolerate Lebanese! lol
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by JJYOU: 9:46am On May 14, 2009
seyibrown:

NIgerian citezenship:  http://www.waado.org/NigerDelta/ConstitutionalMatters/1999Constitution/ChapterThree.html
many thanks that was exactly what i said earlier.  all you need to show is a marriage cert and any bill showing your name as eg mrs cynthia samantha lagostola and be prepared to swear an oath which doesnt take you a min.

26.(1) Subject to the provisions of section 28 of this Constitution, a person to whom the provisions of this section apply may be registered as a citizen of Nigeria, if the President is satisfied that -

(a) he is a person of good character;
            (b) he has shown a clear intention of his desire to be domiciled in Nigeria; and
            (c) he has taken the Oath of Allegiance prescribed in the Seventh Schedule to this Constitution.

(2) the provisions of this section shall apply to-

([size=18pt]a) any woman who is or has been married to a citizen of Nigeria[/size]; or
            (b) every person of full age and capacity born outside Nigeria any of whose grandparents is a citizen of Nigeria.

mrsb and spiked please take note that is the constitution above. like i said that is what they london embassy applies. you can apply after 1 week of marrage not 30yrs.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by Aderoy(m): 11:57am On May 14, 2009
So many here have valid arguement but a few have shown complete ignorance or inability to understand what they read.

It was clearly stated that the Comptroller General said only Abuja office have the capability (and by that this may include required equipment, documentation, trained personnel resoure and streamlined process for foreigners) to handle renewal and issuance of new passports to foreigners (or foreigners who are permanently resident in Nigeria and/or have acquired Nigerian citizenship by birth),   Let's not forget that this new process is being proped up becasue of the new e-passport regime in place within the Nigerian Immigration system. 

In the light of the forgoing arguement they (the Lebanese like any other foreigners living in Nigeria) have been asked to go to Abuja office to obtain their passport and/or renewal.  The questions I would like to ask are:

1. Were they (The Lebanese) denied the new e-passport based on the colour of their skin or on sentiments?
2. Were they systematically tossed around from one office withouth been issued the visa?
3. Were they asked racially inclined questions or used racial slurs against?
4. Were they directly or indirectly told they stand no chance of obtaining the Nigerian passport for any other reasons outside the stipulation os the laws?

Let them (the Lebanese) not cry blue murder until they actually go to Abuja office and told otherwise.  As a Nigeria living in the UK (like any other foreingers), one is specifically asked to send application (for visa renewals or any other immigration related matter) to a specific office that deals with specific immigration category.  Another example is: with my application for a Schengen visa, I noticed there were categories A and B (category A being for listed countries such as Nigeria, Sudan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, India et. al.) and B for other nationals who have low immigration/terrosism/criminal history, or the likehood to falsify document.  Anyone who could read between the lines could tell this is no racial discrimination.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by morpheus24: 1:41pm On May 14, 2009
After some of you go dey shout FOUL PLAY when them deport you from other country.

I am sory to say Nigerians are Actually Racist!

SO SAD!
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by tpiah: 1:50pm On May 14, 2009
ShogunSP:

na wa for Nigerians o, they want to go everywhere and they don't want to tolerate Lebanese! lol

grin grin

its a black thing, not only a Nigerian one.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by tpiah: 1:53pm On May 14, 2009
@ topic

didnt the article say these Lebanese had expired Nigerian passports? The problem seems to be they feel they're being denied new ones.

Let me reread the story.

But seriously, if their ancestors have been here for over 300 years, then whats going on?

This is why I say Nigeria should have birthright citizenship.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by Lagosboy: 2:25pm On May 14, 2009
i still dont get how u can call someone with a Nigerian passport a foreigner
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by Raskimono: 9:27pm On May 14, 2009
E-passport: NIS debunks Lebanese community claims
By HUSSAINA SAID

KANO state command of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) has debunked claim by the Lebanese community residing in the state that it is discriminating against them as far as the issuance of e-passport is concern.
This is contained in a press statement signed by the Public Relations Officer of the command, Nasir Umar Esq. (DSI) and made available to Daily Triumph, in reaction to a statement credited to the Lebanese community in the Sunday Trust edition of May 10th, 2009.

According to the statement, "it is indeed baffling for the Lebanese community here in Kano to fake ignorance that Kano command of the service is responsible for renewing or issuing them with the e-passport. They have come severally for such facility and the Comptroller has educated them properly on the subject matter but for reasons best known to them, they resolve indulge in smearing the good name of the comptroller and the command over the issue.

The statement added that against this background the Nigeria Immigration Service, Kano command find if imperative to comment on what it described as misconception. "It is part of the Service’s regulations that all issues relating to nationalized citizens and citizens by registration are treated at its headquarters in Abuja only. And the Lebanese community are quite conversant with these facts," the release explained.

The command therefore advised the Lebanese community in the state to be law abiding residents in order to adopt the due process of obtaining all relevant facilities the Service offers, as the Kano command is committed to due process and abide by the Servicom Charter. 

www.triumphnewspapers.com/epass1452009.html
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by Travelista(f): 9:29pm On May 14, 2009
The Lebanese calling Nigerian Immigration practices racist is laughable at best. Try and get into Lebanon and see how accommodating they are now that 'Barack Obama has been elected'. If they want their passport, go through the appropriate channels to get it; when I need my passport issued, I can't demand that a local office open up. I fill out the forms, mail them to the a proper address and wait like everyone else. Why are Nigerians always expected to bend over backwards for people that wouldn't dream of doing the same for us? This whole situation reminds me of how Mexico complains that their nationals are treated like dirt because they infiltrate the US without regard for the laws in place but get caught as an illegal alien in Mexico and you will be mistreated and held in prisons that make death camps look like resorts. The lack of diplomatic reciprocity is deplorable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by agabaI23(m): 9:30pm On May 14, 2009
Chei Triumph don get online presence. wow that fegge newspaper don de try oo
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by ikeyman00(m): 10:54pm On May 14, 2009
The Lebanese calling Nigerian Immigration practices racist is laughable at best. Try and get into Lebanon and see how accommodating they are now that 'Barack Obama has been elected'. If they want their passport, go through the appropriate channels to get it; when I need my passport issued, I can't demand that a local office open up. I fill out the forms, mail them to the a proper address and wait like everyone else. Why are Nigerians always expected to bend over backwards for people that wouldn't dream of doing the same for us? This whole situation reminds me of how Mexico complains that their nationals are treated like dirt because they infiltrate the US without regard for the laws in place but get caught as an illegal alien in Mexico and you will be mistreated and held in prisons that make death camps look like resorts. The lack of diplomatic reciprocity is deplorable

u de mind those slowpoke, that will sell their yansh for #1.20k

they talk like they know when they dnt know nothin

see lagosboy makin a meal out of his self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by FBS: 7:58am On May 15, 2009
Travelista:

The Lebanese calling Nigerian Immigration practices racist is laughable at best. Try and get into Lebanon and see how accommodating they are now that 'Barack Obama has been elected'. If they want their passport, go through the appropriate channels to get it; when I need my passport issued, I can't demand that a local office open up. I fill out the forms, mail them to the a proper address and wait like everyone else. Why are Nigerians always expected to bend over backwards for people that wouldn't dream of doing the same for us? This whole situation reminds me of how Mexico complains that their nationals are treated like dirt because they infiltrate the US without regard for the laws in place but get caught as an illegal alien in Mexico and you will be mistreated and held in prisons that make death camps look like resorts. The lack of diplomatic reciprocity is deplorable.
You said it all. kudos.  cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by Lagosboy: 10:57am On May 15, 2009
ikeyman00:

u de mind those slowpoke, that will sell their yansh for #1.20k

they talk like they know when they dnt know nothin

see lagosboy makin a meal out of his self

Na wah o she na u dey cook the meal abi u won chop me, ol boy u no be Clifford Orji nah sofly sofly o grin grin
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by cakemine: 10:01pm On May 17, 2009
Try and understand that either the INS' system is not networked or only Abuja has been trained to deal with people who don't appear to be mainstream naija. I beg this country is just coming up so we need to allow them use the methods they have to ascertain the genuine people who qualify for Naija ppt. I only feel that there should be a consolation for such people so they don't feel sidelined.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by ikeyman00(m): 10:15pm On May 17, 2009
^^^^^

the fact u have access to internet doesnt imply u know  the system's prinicples opps big grammar abi slowpoke; immgration processing of visa,passport etc

in UK , scotland still dnt have right to issue visa for people to come over to scotland, if u need one jump on the train -5hr, plane- 1hr, bus 7-9hrs to london

so why would nigeria be the different, u are talkin about someone nationalising etc,so plz wise up

mor      oppppppps dnt mean that
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 17, 2009
OMG!!! Well spoken English shocked shocked shocked

Ikeyman, so you've been acting up all along?
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by ikeyman00(m): 10:32pm On May 17, 2009
^^^^^ shocked

hmmm me not with u there

sorri if u hate what u ve read!

so sorri in erish

gators

are u a slowpoke
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by ikeyman00(m): 11:41pm On May 17, 2009
[b]Super Eagles, France friendly under threat guradian

THE International friendly match between the Super Eagles and France, is being threatened by the French Embassy in Lagos. The friendly scheduled for next month, is part of the build up to the crucial 2010 World Cup qualifiers against the Harambee Stars of Kenya in Abuja in June.

According to a local website, Kickoff, Coach Shuaibu Amodu and his assistants were at the embassy on Thursday, but were told that it would be difficult to issue them visas in time for the game on June 3.

There is a two-week waiting period for Schengen visas and NFF spokesman, Demola Olajire, said yesterday that the officials were told at the embassy that it was 'arrogant' of the Nigerians to apply for the visas in such a tight time frame.

"They told our head coach and others that we Nigerians are so arrogant that we expect to walk in and get visas, that it normally takes them about two months to get a Nigerian visa," he said.

As at Monday afternoon, NFF protocol officials were still at the French Embassy, with representations having been made to both the Nigerian Foreign Ministry and the French Football Federation to find some means of cutting through the red tape[/b]
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by cakemine: 12:22am On May 18, 2009
ikeyman00:

^^^^^

in UK , Scotland still don't have right to issue visa for people to come over to Scotland, if u need one jump on the train -5hr, plane- 1hr, bus 7-9hrs to London

so why would Nigeria be the different, u are talk in about someone nationalising etc,so plz wise up

mor oppppppps dnt mean that

I think this is a wrong principle to apply here, this isn't about kano issuing visa; it's about issuing by discretion. Scotland has no discretion to play here so we all understand, I think you need something more substantial to back your say.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by Nobody: 12:25am On May 18, 2009
No, but am sure you are kiss
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by precap2(m): 3:16am On May 18, 2009
Lebanese are the wrong people to complain. Simple
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by Thadude(m): 3:30am On May 18, 2009
We should be shivering allowing lebanese to be citizens in Nigeria is like injecting HIV virus into the system. These guys have no reason to be here rather than to take advantage of the system and cause havoc. We are fooling ourselves. I hope the govt. of Nigerian will undertand that we are not Yankee. We havent got a good system to checkmate the lebanese, if we had alot of them would be in prison today. Many of them operate dubious business. Like drugs, fake dollars and fake naira under those industries they claim to be runing. Isnt it funny that we are trying hard and yet recovery seem to be too far from Nigeria. Our Naira can not recover to where we want it to be if someone is busy sabotaging it somewhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by arramyjay: 3:43am On May 18, 2009
Actually abt racism Nigeria is the most racist country in the world.And the most annoying thing is that they call others racist.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by ikeyman00(m): 6:55am On May 18, 2009
blah blah balh sheep ^^^^ u are the most stupid man in the planet, u will live to know that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dasuki’s Trial Begins Tuesday / Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Judgement Day Today / Tension in the Villa as Buhari threatens to dump 2nd term bid on health grounds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.