Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. (10898 Views)

Fox News: Activists Accuse Nigerian Military Of Killing Hundreds Of Shiites / Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage / TMG Dissociate Self From Presidential Debates, Accuse Organizers Of Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by JJYOU: 11:57am On May 13, 2009
Lagosboy:

We are forgetin gmost of this people had their parents born in Nigeria. We used to live in Apapa and i know the lebanese comunity there had been there since the 60's .

I beg to diasgree with this as in the UK it is different once you have been granted citizenship. These lebanese are already Nigerians they are not applying to be Nigerians but they are applying to renew the passports (document), that is the issue here and not weather they should be granted citizenship or not as they are already citizens. Why descriminate against someone with a Nigerian passport?
what is your problem? do you know not everyone in UK have citizenship rights. what happens to the kids born here whose parents dont have citizenship rights?

are there not ethnic nigerians going to the abuja office for passports? what is wrong with going to abuja please tell me in simple language.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by Lagosboy: 12:00pm On May 13, 2009
JJYOU:

what is your problem? do you know not everyone in UK have citizenship rights. what happens to the kids born here whose parents dont have citizenship rights?

You are right not everyone but i am not talking about requirments to qualify for citizenship i am talking about someone who is already a citizen. These are two different issues entirely.

JJYOU:

are there not ethnic nigerians going to the abuja office for passports? what is wrong with going to abuja please tell me in simple language.

Everyone is told to apply for passports at their respective local passport offices , the issue is why should only these people be directed to Abuja and not be given their passports in Kano as they are renewing and not applying fresh.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by mrsb(f): 12:13pm On May 13, 2009
JJYOU:

being married to nigerian get you a naija passport quicker.

Being married to a Nigerian doesn't get you a Nigerian passport! The Nigerwives group managed to get the Obasanjo administration to allow foreigners married to Nigerians to work without a CERPAC card and we have an indefinite entry visa but they rarely give out the green passports. I did hear that you have to go to Abuja for a full on interview and quiz and have to be able to speak at least one ethnic Nigerian language, etc to even be considered! Not sure if that's true but there are older Nigerian ladies I know who have been here for 30+years and they still have no Nige passport.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by congoshine(m): 12:26pm On May 13, 2009
its not RACISM,incompetence is a better word.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by kshow1(m): 12:44pm On May 13, 2009
We should not outrightly blame the Lebanese. mean has they might be in terms of exploitings Nigerians, they are still nigerians because their Fathers were born here and they hold a Nigerian passport. why cant the govt grant citizen by birth and years of residence.
yes they evade tax because our corrupt officials give room for that to happen.
i do not know how you will feel if you stay abroad you are been treated as a racist. ?
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by DRANOEL(m): 12:50pm On May 13, 2009
those guys (lebanese) are as much nigerian as we are and should be giving everything due to us-like incompetence in dishing out passports(me self neva get) grin grin grin
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by borojasper(m): 1:24pm On May 13, 2009
How many of una wey dey abroad get the country passport ? Na God go punish the lebanese, em no know road back to his / her country, 9ja immigration keep it up. Show dem what they show us abroad here. E easy to get another country passport , ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by JJYOU: 1:35pm On May 13, 2009
mrsb:

Being married to a Nigerian doesn't get you a Nigerian passport! The Nigerwives group managed to get the Obasanjo administration to allow foreigners married to Nigerians to work without a CERPAC card and we have an indefinite entry visa but they rarely give out the green passports. I did hear that you have to go to Abuja for a full on interview and quiz and have to be able to speak at least one ethnic Nigerian language, etc to even be considered! Not sure if that's true but there are older Nigerian ladies I know who have been here for 30+years and they still have no Nige passport.
sorry to hear your plight.  i find it hard to believe you. goats and fowls have passports in nigeria and you cant get one. i am shocked what happens to people born in that lovely country of ours who cant speak thier mother tongue?  they wont get passports  or the kids born abroad.

if you live here and are tired of applying for visas to go naija passport is best option you have
borojasper:

How many of una wey dey abroad get the country passport ? Na God go punish the lebanese, em no know road back to his / her country, 9ja immigration keep it up. Show dem what they show us abroad here. E easy to get another country passport , ??
mmmmmm which God?
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 13, 2009
I have a lebanese friend who speaks pidgin like fire. He's Nigerian accent is thicker than fire. The only country he has ever known is Nigeria. He calls Nigeria home.
During college days, whenever he had to go back to Nigeria (home - he was born in Nigeria and he's parents have lived in Nigeria since like 1701!!) he always had to get a visa because the resident permit renewal/citizenship issue was always a problem. Imagine if you had to get a visa to go home (a country you lived in for like 21yrs)

I know a lot of these Lebanese and Indians have committed offenses in Nigeria but that does not warrant unnecessary discrimination. Nigerians are still treated well in the U.S despite the yahoo yahoo scams. I never knew the day would come when the Race Card would be played in Nigeria. Wow. Racism in naija. Nah wah
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by Lagosboy: 1:54pm On May 13, 2009
A-town:

I have a lebanese friend who speaks pidgin like fire. He's Nigerian accent is thicker than fire. The only country he has ever known is Nigeria. He calls Nigeria home.
During college days, whenever he had to go back to Nigeria (home - he was born in Nigeria and he's parents have lived in Nigeria since like 1701!!) he always had to get a visa because the resident permit renewal/citizenship issue was always a problem. Imagine if you had to get a visa to go home (a country you lived in for like 21yrs)

I know a lot of these Lebanese and Indians have committed offenses in Nigeria but that does not warrant unnecessary discrimination. Nigerians are still treated well in the U.S despite the yahoo yahoo scams. I never knew the day would come when the Race Card would be played in Nigeria. Wow. Racism in naija. Nah wah

Thanx bro

this is exactly my point. These people have no other homes other than Nigeria and some of them will not even be able to get other Lebanese passports as their fathers were born in Nigeria. There indians in this situation as well, the world has moved on and if Britan or the Us treated us like this despite our numerous atrocities in those countries we will be crying stop generalising and all those sentimental words.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 13, 2009
@ikeyman

please could u explain ur hate for the lebanese folks?

this guy claim they already have nigerian passport, to renew is now a problem, but if they claim they are foreign national how come they already have a nigerian passport??

we should look at incompetence of the nigerian immigration and stop accusing foreigners wrongly

if he already has a passport then he is a nigerian

if he is born in nigeria he is a nigerian

if he is married to a nigerian by marriage he is a nigerian

nigeria immigration law allows u to have dual citinzenship unlike coutries like Austria

so give the man his passport simple and stop extorting him
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by JJYOU: 2:05pm On May 13, 2009
A-town:

During college days, whenever he had to go back to Nigeria (home -  he was born in Nigeria and he's parents have lived in Nigeria since like 1701!!) he always had to get a visa because the resident permit renewal/citizenship issue was always a problem. Imagine if you had to get a visa to go home (a country you lived in for like 21yrs)

you know we disstribute eevery thing by numbrs so we cant possibly let humans be more than cows NEVER. i know the madness of trying to get a spouse visa to naija so i swore to put a stop to it and that is over.  i said it here before it is more difficult to get a nigerian visa than a nigerian getting visa for abroad.

Lagosboy:

Thanx bro

this is exactly my point. These people have no other homes other than Nigeria and some of them will not even be able to get other Lebanese passports as their fathers were born in Nigeria. There indians in this situation as well, the world has moved on and if Britan or the Us treated us like this despite our numerous atrocities in those countries we will be crying stop generalising and all those sentimental words.
lagos boy calm down.  you know i am not one of those crying injustice at every opportunity.  you stay in nigeria and you know the problem with census alone. if you go check this stupidity it almost 100% sure it would be reduced to they will inflate the figures of their localty in election business.

why do ibos still go home for cencus?  

you know nigeria too well for that. it is not for any sensible or efficiency reason  other than stupidity.   you cant tell me they wont get someone to give them passports if they are prepared to pay for it. ( before you started quoting from koran and mustafahs  i didnt say they go and do it)  

i know loads of people many years ago in hackney who had passports from naija done while they were in the UK.  so dear bros, it is a small matter.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by spikedcylinder: 3:24pm On May 13, 2009
mrsb:

This is exactly what I thought and wanted to clarify before someone started bleating down my neck earlier.

A-town:

This is so sad, these laws seriously have to be reviewed.

I fear that as with every other process in Nigeria, it might be abused. My Ghanaian neighbours can boast of several Nigerian passports simply because they have "black" skin and can lie about their origins.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by shawn123: 3:35pm On May 13, 2009
what is not right about this i dont know? the controller general explained the law so why do we have to bend it for the lebanese community.
Please it is Nigerian law if you dont like it go back to your country. If foreign nationals need to renew passport then they have to get it in Abuja simple! We respect British laws and also the American law so our laws would have to be respected period!

1 Like

Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by qkman: 3:44pm On May 13, 2009
I believe d 9ja Immigration suppose work wit census board to ascertain such issues but if lebanese ppl dey talk say dem 9ja immigration b rascist,why do they (lebanese)refuse to accept 9ja's into lebanese college,lagos,i think dat should be another topic but dem dey practice racism in our country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by JJYOU: 3:58pm On May 13, 2009
shawn123:

what is not right about this i dont know? the controller general explained the law so why do we have to bend it for the lebanese community.
Please it is Nigerian law if you dont like it go back to your country. If foreign nationals need to renew passport then they have to get it in Abuja simple! We respect British laws and also the American law so our laws would have to be respected period!
talk to different immigration officials they will tell you different lenght of stay in nigeria. the first person here at the embassy said we can only get it from nigeria. when i told him we dont live there he gave the phone to another guy who said we need a change of name in nigerian papers plus bills showing the nigerian names. with naija they should know how our system work by now
qkman:

I believe d 9ja Immigration suppose work wit census board to ascertain such issues but if lebanese ppl dey talk say dem 9ja immigration b rascist,why do they (lebanese)refuse to accept 9ja's into lebanese college,lagos,i think dat should be another topic but dem dey practice racism in our country.
do you have to go their schools? any community can choose to build a school and lock out the people they dont want. that is not enough to deny passports. i believe theu will get it in abuja
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 13, 2009
JJYOU:

you know we disstribute eevery thing by numbrs so we cant possibly let humans be more than cows NEVER. i know the madness of trying to get a spouse visa to naija so i swore to put a stop to it and that is over.  i said it here before it is more difficult to get a nigerian visa than a nigerian getting visa for abroad.

I am not sure i get what you mean here. Care to elaborate?

JJYOU:

lagos boy calm down.  you know i am not one of those crying injustice at every opportunity.  you stay in nigeria and you know the problem with census alone. if you go check this stupidity it almost 100% sure it would be reduced to they will inflate the figures of their localty in election business.

why do ibos still go home for cencus?  

you know nigeria too well for that. it is not for any sensible or efficiency reason  other than stupidity.   you cant tell me they wont get someone to give them passports if they are prepared to pay for it. ( before you started quoting from koran and mustafahs  i didnt say they go and do it)  

i know loads of people many years ago in hackney who had passports from naija done while they were in the UK.  so dear bros, it is a small matter.

You are wrong. The fact that they are not black makes it more difficult to obtain "Original Passports". If they pay for it, they risk getting fake passports. They will most likely get caught since it is easy to spot out a lebanese/indian with a Nigerian Passport.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by shawn123: 4:17pm On May 13, 2009
@JJYOU
how can a communtiy build a school and allow only their nationals to attend like you said, lock out any nationals they dont want. That is sooo wrong, that is aparthied, rasicm everything you can call it. Am just hearing this for the first time though, i hope it is not true will find out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by toxicguy: 4:21pm On May 13, 2009
if thats what the law says then so be it. but nigerian immigration is confused. they don't even know the laws, so lets stop talking about laws. you only talk about law when there actually is an understandable law, not one that has many colors and forms.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by toxicguy: 4:22pm On May 13, 2009
shawn123:

@JJYOU
how can a communtiy build a school and allow only their nationals to attend like you said, lock out any nationals they dont want. That is sooo wrong, that is aparthied, rasicm everything you can call it. Am just hearing this for the first time though, i hope it is not true will find out
i seriously doubt that. thats not right. unless its an arabic school in which they only teach arabic or in arabic.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by spikedcylinder: 4:30pm On May 13, 2009
toxicguy:

if thats what the law says then so be it. but nigerian immigration is confused. they don't even know the laws, so lets stop talking about laws. you only talk about law when there actually is an understandable law, not one that has many colors and forms.

Thats the law but it needs to be changed. If other developed countries did the same to us, we'd be screaming bloody murder!
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by shawn123: 4:39pm On May 13, 2009
Even an arabic school would not discriminate, they probably would invite you to learn whatever it is they believe in or learning
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by toxicguy: 4:44pm On May 13, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Thats the law but it needs to be changed. If other developed countries did the same to us, we'd be screaming bloody murder!
i wonder. how many times do we debate such things on this forum.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by chase4(m): 4:46pm On May 13, 2009
Is there any Nigerian resident in Lebanon on this forum ? What is the immigration law in their country like ? Can a Nigerian get a Lebanese passport ? ssshhhhhhwwwwww!!!
If the law says go to Abuja then go to Abuja and stop whining and calling us names in our country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by chase4(m): 5:00pm On May 13, 2009
do you have to go their schools?  any community can choose to build a school and lock out the people they dont want. that is not enough to deny passports.  i believe theu will get it in abuja

@JJYou: Really ? Please can you give some names of community schools in Nigeria where other communities are refused admission based on their communities ? I am waiting.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by toxicguy: 5:14pm On May 13, 2009
chase4:

Is there any Nigerian resident in Lebanon on this forum ? What is the immigration law in their country like ? Can a Nigerian get a Lebanese passport ? ssshhhhhhwwwwww!!!
If the law says go to Abuja then go to Abuja and stop whining and calling us names in our country.
i've been there with a lebanese friend of mine, and i'll tell you there's lots of nigerians there. i was really surprised. i went there thinking i would be the odd guy out, but no way man. was never even noticed.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by ikeyman00(m): 5:17pm On May 13, 2009
@@@@ yall morons

law; go to abuja abi?

the nigeria immgration de for abuja

infact like i said these people should speak our lgbo only, and have to stay in nigeria aleast 15 yrs to get indefinite stay

as for green passport, they should forget about that
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by Lagosboy: 5:31pm On May 13, 2009
ikeyman00:

]@@@@ yall morons

Please why not respect the entire contributors to this thread and be civil.
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by ikeyman00(m): 5:45pm On May 13, 2009
and have u respect the nigeria immgration rules
^^^^

go to abuja, them go there abi

jesus christ!!
Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by fayahsoul: 5:54pm On May 13, 2009
Lebanese calling Nigerian Immigration Racists?
Wonders Shall never End!.
This same people treat Nigerians(skilled and largely unskilled) working for them like animals making them work like  slave with peanuts to show for it as salaries and little or no health cover.
Good Riddance To Bad Rubbish.

Nice one.

These lebanese maggots (in collusion with whites/arabs) have been destroying the black Afurakan community since colonial times. They served as middlemen during slavery and colonialism; brokering power, information and resources between european and afurakan clusters all to their self-seeking benefit. The modern version of this exploitation persist today.  

The hospitality of the black Afurakan has proven to be a maladaptive trait and while you Afurakans stay kind and forgiving towards your enemies, let me remind you that your Jesus said: Forgive 70 x 7 times(matthew 18:21). Well by now you should know that most groups have sinned against the afurakan more than 70 x 7 times.

Don't demand justice, serve justice. Afuraka for Afurakans. QED
!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by matiltomd(f): 6:18pm On May 13, 2009
Lebanese calling naija Imm. racists? shocked shocked
my people,u no sabi these Lebanese people, i worked with them for about 3 years and i must say they are a terrible bunch to work/do anything with, are they illiterates? the Comptroller of Imm. in Kano don talk am finish-say na only Abuja get the right to issue new passports to foreign nationals, chikena!!! so wetin be the protest?where racism enter?see kettle calling pot black, na dem dey racial pass,I'm not even in the mood to talk ill about them, but wait,have they gone to Abuja?what were they told?were they refused?so what's with the name-calling? they should stop whining jare,
hisssssss,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. by toxicguy: 7:25pm On May 13, 2009
looks like this thread is being taken over by juveniles. as is the same with other threads. when can a thread be started and closed without insults flying around. just shows how ancient we are. the fact that we can't have a civil discussion just underlines that we are still living in the stone age. how bad can we get. don't you know that when ur ready to have a civil discussion, thats when people respect you. everything we do must turn into insults and hatred. all threads are like that. so where do i go. i'll just sign out. bettter than hanging around juveniles.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gov Aregbesola Snubs Sambo In Osogbo / Kogi West Youths Back Akanle To Replace Melaye / PDP To Investigate Alleged Claims Its Members Are Receiving Money From Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.