Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,030 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? (11363 Views)

Burn That Excess Body Fat Under 14 Days With Acai Berry Cleanse Twin Pack / Lessons You Should Learn From Halle Berry’s Divorce To Make Your Marriage Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by coogar: 8:04pm On Nov 04, 2015
Mindfulness:

Two years. And like I said, there are multiple factors involved. I explained WHY people from lower social classes divorce more frequently and why their children are affected more negatively. The are several factors involved which affect children more negatively than divorce itself.

this isn't about social classes....
you seem to be tying yourself in a knot. the issue is if children of divorce fare better than children staying with both parents.

in a nutshell, if two different families are in the lower social class. the kids in the divorced family would fare considerably worse than the kids whose parents are staying together.

Please spare me British tabloids, you don't think I take such sources seriously, do you?

so the messenger should be shot, the message is not important? the british tabloids did not carry out the research, they only reported the research.

if you are confused about the statistics in britain, how about this one?

like i told you, stop reaching.....
there's nowhere on this planet where children of divorce are not the reasons there's a breakdown in the society. for every one of them that turned out good, there are several hundreds of them that are spending long years in a correctional facility!

10 Likes

Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by pickabeau1: 8:10pm On Nov 04, 2015
coogar:

21st century polyandry!!! cheesy

Correct!

what about the long term effect on the children of divorce? people hardly talk about this but these kids make up the majority of the inmates locked down in penitentiaries.

so i looked further to see what it's like in a different clime like nigeria and this was what i found......

Which kids

When divorce became fashionable did anyone ask about the kids

When single motherhood became institutionalised did anyone ask about the kids

Now that same sex couples can have kids...is anyone asking about the kids

Why should we care about them now?

Kim kardashian and housemaids educate the kids anyway
Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by pickabeau1: 8:14pm On Nov 04, 2015
Setaje:

Serial divorces isn't good. It just shows the person divorcing is weak as an individual. Divorcing once is enough to make u learn from the mistake. Secondly, she must have lied to save face. I expect her to come up wiv a sad story of a bad parental upbringing or bad experience while growing up just so people can pity her. As it is now, everybody seems to think she has a problem

From Eric Benet tweet you could say she loves making her exes look bad so she smells clean

Why can't she just say irreconcilable differences

Why must she make them look bad?

L
Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 04, 2015
coogar:

this isn't about social classes....
you seem to be tying yourself in a knot. the issue is if children of divorce fare better than children staying with both parents.

in a nutshell, if two different families are in the lower social class. the kids in the divorced family would fare considerably worse than the kids whose parents are staying together.

Not necessarily if the parents who stay together are in a dysfunctional relationship / marriage.

"Battling parents who stay together for the sake of the children may be doing their kids more harm than good.

That is the finding from a Canadian study
, which was one of the first to measure the mental health of children both before and after divorce.

Children living in very dysfunctional families actually exhibited higher levels of antisocial behavior before their parents divorced than afterwards.The more dysfunctional the family was prior to divorce, the greater the children's behavioral improvement following the event."

http://www.webmd.com/parenting/news/20051214/is-divorce-always-bad-for-kids

so the messenger should be shot, the message is not important? the british tabloids did not carry out the research, they only reported the research.

The SOURCE is very important.

if you are confused about the statistics in britain, how about this one?

Again:

"Most previous studies examining the impact of divorce on children's mental health have compared children of divorce to those who live with both biological parents. But few have looked at the family situation before divorce as it related to children's mental health.

Using data from an ongoing child health registry in Canada, Strohschein followed roughly 2,900 children for four years. The children were on average about 5.5 years old, and were living in a household with both biological parents when they entered the study. The divorces occurred between 1994 and 1998.

Mental Health Problems Before Divorce

Strohschein found that mental health differences between children whose parents broke up and children whose parents remained married existed long before the divorce took place."

like i told you, stop reaching.....
there's nowhere on this planet where children of divorce are not the reasons there's a breakdown in the society. for every one of them that turned out good, there are several hundreds of them that are spending long years in a correctional facility!

The same can be said about children from dysfunctional homes whose parents do not divorce.
Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by coogar: 8:59pm On Nov 04, 2015
1. Half of all American children will witness the breakup of a parent’s marriage. Of these, close to half will also see the breakup of a parent’s second marriage.” (Furstenberg, Peterson, Nord, and Zill, “Life Course”)

2. Among the millions of children who have seen their parents divorce, one of every 10 will also live through three or more parental marriage breakups. (The Abolition of Marriage, Gallagher)

3. 40% of children growing up in America today are being raised without their fathers. (Wade, Horn and Busy, “Fathers, Marriage and Welfare Reform” Hudson Institute Executive Briefing, 1997)

4. Of all children born to married parents this year, 50% will experience the divorce of their parents before they reach their 18th birthday. (Fagan, Fitzgerald, Rector, “The Effects of Divorce On America)

5. Studies in the early 1980’s showed that children in repeat divorces earned lower grades and their peers rated them as less pleasant to be around. (Andrew J. Cherlin, Marriage, Divorce, Remarriage –Harvard University Press 1981)

6. Teenagers in single-parent families and in blended families are 3 times more likely to need psychological help within a given year. (Peter Hill “Recent Advances in Selected Aspects of Adolescent Development” Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry 1993)

7. Compared to children from homes disrupted by death, children from divorced homes have more psychological problems.(Robert E. Emery, Marriage, Divorce and Children’s Adjustment” Sage Publications, 1988)

8. Following divorce, children are 50% more likely to develop health problems than two parent families. (Angel, Worobey, “Single Motherhood and Children’s Health”)

9. Children living with both biological parents are 20 to 35% more physically healthy than children from broken homes. (Dawson, “Family Structure and Children’s Health and Well-being” Journal of Marriage and the Family)

10. Most victims of child molestation come from single-parent households or are the children of drug ring members. (Los Angles Times 16 September 1985 The Garbage Generation)

11. A child in a female-headed home is 10 times more likely to be beaten or murdered. (The Legal Beagle, July 1984, from “The Garbage Generation”)

12. A study of children 6 years after a parental marriage breakup revealed that even after all that time, these children tended to be “lonely, unhappy, anxious and insecure. (Wallerstein “The Long-Term Effects of Divorce on Children” Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 1991)

13. 70% of long-term prison inmates grew up in broken homes. (Horn, Bush, “Fathers, Marriage and Welfare Reform)

14. Children of divorce are 4 times more likely to report problems with peers and friends than children whose parents have kept their marriages intact. (Tysse, Burnett, “Moral Dilemmas of Early Adolescents of Divorced and Intact Families. Journal of Early Adolescence 1993)

15. Children of divorce, particularly boys, tend to be more aggressive toward others than those children whose parents did not divorce. (Emery, “Marriage, Divorce and Children’s Adjustment, 1988)

16. People who come from broken homes are almost twice as likely to attempt suicide than those who do not come from broken homes. (Velez-Cohen, “Suicidal Behavior and Ideation in a Community Sample of Children” Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 1988)

17.Children of divorced parents are roughly 2 times more likely to drop out of high school than their peers who benefit from living with parents who did not divorce. (McLanahan, Sandefur, “Growing Up With a Single Parent: What Hurts, What Helps” Harvard University Press 1994)

everything you are trying to paint fell flat on its face when one research actually claimed the death of a parent is less devastating to a child than divorce.

checkmate!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 04, 2015
^^ Nothing new.
Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by TV01(m): 9:58pm On Nov 04, 2015
Timbuktou:

I recently heard about this and, frankly, I don't understand the rationle behind it. Does abuse suddenly make one a model/worthy citizen or is there some inherent latent value in a person that slaps and punches awaken that these government are awake of?
Rational grin grin grin grin It's feminist driven policy - not sure the two words belong in the same sentence. Apologies, I am simply not progressive enough to make sense of this. Best call on one of our resident Feminist ideologues.

TV
Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by edwife(f): 10:18pm On Nov 04, 2015
pickabeau1:
So is Halle Berry not the angel as purported by people but a real harridanish drama queen

Opinions?

Halle still a learner,what about Elizabeth Taylor who married 7 husbands?She was actually married 8 times,she married one husband twice. cheesy

Check this out:
Meet the bigamist woman who has had five husbands - including two at the SAME TIME... and now she's on a dating site looking for number SIX
Ken Cherry married Susan Bozich nine years ago ;The two filed for divorce last year, and that's when Cherry realized his wife never divorced from her last husband.
A judge ended their divorce proceedings by voiding the marriage
He says local police have refused to charge his now ex-wife with bigamy and that she refused to leave the home he owns
Bozich has allegedly already set up a profile on a free dating site, listing herself as 'single'
By ASHLEY COLLMAN FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 06:40, 4 February 2015 | UPDATED: 13:02, 4 February 2015

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2939047/Woman-married-five-times-accused-bigamy-latest-husband-says-just-

Nothing happened to this woman,the local police have refused to arrest his ex-wife for bigamy based on the fact that there is a statue of limitations of only one year for bigamy and his marriage was nine years ago.
However, such cases have been prosecuted in the area before, based on the time the bigamy was discovered. In this case, it was just a few months ago.His ex-wife continues to live in their former home, even though he is the owner and his name is on the title. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by Kimoni: 10:30pm On Nov 04, 2015
Edwife!!!!!!!! Stop it angry sad

I was just going to talk about Elizabeth Taylor angry angry what are you doing here by the way? Is the match over undecided
Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by edwife(f): 10:32pm On Nov 04, 2015
Kimoni:
Edwife!!!!!!!! Stop it angry sad

I was just going to talk about Elizabeth Taylor angry angry what are you doing here by the way? Is the match over undecided

We are winning,still cheering my boys! wink
Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by Kimoni: 10:39pm On Nov 04, 2015
Pickabea1, pls free my babe o, she is nowhere near ET's record naa

Besides, where are all these Exes crawling out from sef undecided na jealousy dey worry them?

As for Halle, when she gets to no 10, she will find her bone of bones and live happily thereafter. Till then, make she dey divorce dey go; it's a developed nation, no shame in divorce.

1 Like

Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by Kimoni: 10:41pm On Nov 04, 2015
edwife:

We are winning,still cheering my boys! wink

In Europe, my sky is blue wink smiley
Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by Ewuro4: 2:54am On Nov 05, 2015
pickabeau1:
So is Halle Berry not the angel as purported by people but a real harridanish drama queen

Opinions?

Well for one, the babe's got very high standard and expectations. She started her career way at the top , it got into her head and affected her love life ,pronto. She couldn't withstand any flaw from men and judged all mistakes for abuse or being taken advantaged.

I don't blame her, experience they say is the best teacher as per her childhood experience (which can make or mar) ... Her mother literally asked Eric to summon himself into a sex rehab when Haley accused him of cheating. And according to him, he cheated on her when they were already separated & was never a sex addict . Eric's music career nosedived after that dumb move he made(rehab).... Haley eventually dumped his azz issuing that press conference-ish statement. grin

I nursed a silly thought that she had a BD. who knows , being in a public eye ain't no joke.

Stopped following her story after Eric's drama and only focused on her achievements as an INDEPENDENT SUCCESSFUL BLACK WOMAN. That's my forte.

So to your Q, a saint? hell no . but she ain't stupid.
Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by armyofone(m): 3:10am On Nov 05, 2015
@ Ewuro4

You are right, she has very high standard. Who wouldn't when you are beautiful and rich....ain't gonna take less from any son of Adam. I really don't know what Martinez did...the attacking of someone at the airport? There maybe more to what went wrong. I hope she finds a good bed mate and confidant not husband. Not necessary anymore.

1 Like

Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by pickabeau1: 3:24am On Nov 05, 2015
edwife:

Halle still a learner,what about Elizabeth Taylor who married 7 husbands?She was actually married 8 times,she married one husband twice. cheesy

Check this out:
[b]

Nothing happened to this woman,the local police have refused to arrest his ex-wife for bigamy based on the fact that there is a statue of limitations of only one year for bigamy and his marriage was nine years ago.
However, such cases have been prosecuted in the area before, based on the time the bigamy was discovered. In this case, it was just a few months ago.His ex-wife continues to live in their former home, even though he is the owner and his name is on the title. undecided undecided

Its not the amount of marriages

Liz never made her exes look bad

Cc kimoni
Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by pickabeau1: 3:25am On Nov 05, 2015
Ewuro4:

Well for one, the babe's got very high standard and expectations. She started her career way at the top , it got into her head and affected her love life ,pronto. She couldn't withstand any flaw from men and judged all mistakes for abuse or being taken advantaged.

I don't blame her, experience they say is the best teacher as per her childhood experience (which can make or mar) ... Her mother literally asked Eric to summon himself into a sex rehab when Haley accused him of cheating. And according to him, he cheated on her when they were already separated & was never a sex addict . Eric's music career nosedived after that dumb move he made(rehab).... Haley eventually dumped his azz issuing that press conference-ish statement. grin

I nursed a silly thought that she had a BD. who knows , being in a public eye ain't no joke.

Stopped following her story after Eric's drama and only focused on her achievements as an INDEPENDENT SUCCESSFUL BLACK WOMAN. That's my forte.

So to your Q, a saint? hell no . but she ain't stupid.

Cool

But why make her exes look bad so she looks clean when she is also paranoid

1 Like

Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by Ewuro4: 6:09am On Nov 05, 2015
pickabeau1:

Cool

But why make her exes look bad so she looks clean when she is also paranoid

Simple really: She's the greatest HB of all time, she's publicly loved and believable. She will get away with almost everything because she can. Need I say more? grin

armyofone:
@ Ewuro4
You are right, she has very high standard. Who wouldn't when you are beautiful and rich....ain't gonna take less from any son of Adam. I really don't know what Martinez did...the attacking of someone at the airport? There maybe more to what went wrong. I hope she finds a good bed mate and confidant not husband. Not necessary anymore .

Crying over spilled milk.. These men beat themselves up after all the ridicule she puts them through during courtships hence the rants, none of them have good things to say than there's more to what meets the eye in regards to HB's real character , imagine talking a man to hang himself for what he didn't do? That's some real sh&$ right there. It's like being Pope'd or s'tin cheesy...

Some women don't need ONE man to be fulfilled... Jlo & Madonna are the greatest samplers of all time grin

@domesticV , I love how the David J said it ... 'Back then it didn't matter but NOT ANYMORE'. Now that's GOLDEN.

Night folks wink
Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by pickabeau1: 7:49am On Nov 05, 2015
Ewuro4:

Simple really: She's the greatest HB of all time, she's publicly loved and believable. She will get away with almost everything because she can. Need I say more? grin

Samplers like JLo did not need to badmouth Diddy, Affleck or Marc Anthony

Simply I am tired of this thing and they move on

halle berry be learner
Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 05, 2015
TV01:

Rational grin grin grin grin It's feminist driven policy - not sure the two words belong in the same sentence. Apologies, I am simply not progressive enough to make sense of this. Best call on one of our resident Feminist ideologues.

TV

Don't known man, it's just crazy. Is it parliament that enacts these laws or do they just delegate femcentric laws to some feminist NGO to take the piss.
Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by TV01(m): 10:42am On Nov 05, 2015
Timbuktou:
Don't known man, it's just crazy. Is it parliament that enacts these laws or do they just delegate femcentric laws to some feminist NGO to take the piss.
It'as not crazy if you are a nutter - especially a feminist one grin!

There are now mutterings of ending jail time for women - the rational being that only men are inherently violent grin. I guess they conveniently forgot the DV stats for gay dyke lesbians cheesy.

It will either get to a tipping point, at which stage there will be a backlash, or it will lead to the ruination of the West as we know it. Perhaps some combination of the two? Whatever happens, it will do a lot of damage and be a long, hard road to recovery...if!

IS will be happy to fill the gap - it may be so bad, some may even find them preferable. I know who my money would be on in a face-off between them and the radical progressve liberals of which feminism & faggotism are mainstays.

cococandy, timbuktou, ewuro4, armyofone - let me get this right, your take is that the problem here is poor mate selection and high standards

TV
Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by coogar: 11:12am On Nov 05, 2015
Timbuktou:

it's a compensational ideology.....

the idea is men have ruled for thousands of years & it's only fair for the women to be given excessive rights so as to compensate for what has happened in the past.

look at the black people for instance. the 400 years of slavery & racism is being compensated for in a way. black people can use the n-word or any racial slur as they please, the white folks cannot.

another example is the gay folks....
faggòts now have all the rights. sometimes they even verbally discriminate against straight folks. if you as a straight guy mistakenly say anything discriminatory towards them, you would be jailed. grin
Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 05, 2015
TV01:

1. It'as not crazy if you are a nutter - especially a feminist one grin!

2. There are now mutterings of ending jail time for women - the rational being that only men are inherently violent grin. I guess they conveniently forgot the DV stats for gay dyke lesbians cheesy.

3. It will either get to a tipping point, at which stage there will be a backlash, or it will lead to the ruination of the West as we know it. Perhaps some combination of the two? Whatever happens, it will do a lot of damage and be a long, hard road to recovery...if!

4. IS will be happy to fill the gap - it may be so bad, some may even find them preferable. I know who my money would be on in a face-off between them and the radical progressve liberals of which feminism & faggotism are mainstays.

5. let me get this right, your take is that the problem here is poor mate selection and high standards

TV

1. Touché. grin

2a. I reckon the feminist brigade would be up in arms about this travesty; you know, revisiting this attempt at granting liberty to deviants or abolishing the entire prison system outright just to be fair across board. Feminism is about gender equality and fairness, right? cheesy.
2b. In any case, I think any smart-thinking male criminal would take extreme advantage of this progressive feature, all they need do is claim to be female à la Caitlyn Jenner Dr voila, the age of the progressive hero criminal is born. grin

3. I'm increasingly sceptical these days so I'd say more ruination than backlash, and though both may exist side-by-side, dissident voices would be tyrannically dealt with. Per damage, it's done already, the only question is how much deeper are these people willing to dig themselves.

4. TV, IS is taking over before our very eyes. How many in Germany alone in the past 60days, they're just going to forget their customs and culture? Bear in mind, they already had sympathisers before this last great exodus. Pako has a distinct advantage over butty when it comss down to the nitty gritty. And i wouldn't bet to lose either.

5. Halle Berry herself is a low standard in relationships, low value and only good for the satisfaction of sexxual urges for those who care to patronise her kind. She represents poor choosing and those who have chosen to be with her, especially Aubry and Martinez, are just as poor.
Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 05, 2015
coogar:

it's a compensational ideology.....

the idea is men have ruled for thousands of years & it's only fair for the women to be given excessive rights so as to compensate for what has happened in the past.

look at the black people for instance. the 400 years of slavery & racism is being compensated for in a way. black people can use the n-word or any racial slur as they please, the white folks cannot.

another example is the gay folks....
faggòts now have all the rights. sometimes they even verbally discriminate against straight folks. if you as a straight guy mistakenly say anything discriminatory towards them, you would be jailed. grin

Crazy way to institute equality if you ask me. But what do I know, I'm just a bush caveman spear-wielding misogynist from the heart of Africa.

Btw guys; Coogar, Pickabeau1, TV01, I found this funny trend on twitter #bringbackthepatriarchy. Check it out.

1 Like

Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by cococandy(f): 2:35pm On Nov 05, 2015
Which kind high standard?
Where did you read that one?

More like some sort of emotional imbalance and yes poor mate selection.

TV01:

It'as not crazy if you are a nutter - especially a feminist one grin!

There are now mutterings of ending jail time for women - the rational being that only men are inherently violent grin. I guess they conveniently forgot the DV stats for gay dyke lesbians cheesy.

It will either get to a tipping point, at which stage there will be a backlash, or it will lead to the ruination of the West as we know it. Perhaps some combination of the two? Whatever happens, it will do a lot of damage and be a long, hard road to recovery...if!

IS will be happy to fill the gap - it may be so bad, some may even find them preferable. I know who my money would be on in a face-off between them and the radical progressve liberals of which feminism & faggotism are mainstays.

cococandy, timbuktou, ewuro4, armyofone - let me get this right, your take is that the problem here is poor mate selection and high standards

TV

Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 05, 2015
coogar:
1. Half of all American children will witness the breakup of a parent’s marriage. Of these, close to half will also see the breakup of a parent’s second marriage.” (Furstenberg, Peterson, Nord, and Zill, “Life Course”)

2. Among the millions of children who have seen their parents divorce, one of every 10 will also live through three or more parental marriage breakups. (The Abolition of Marriage, Gallagher)

3. 40% of children growing up in America today are being raised without their fathers. (Wade, Horn and Busy, “Fathers, Marriage and Welfare Reform” Hudson Institute Executive Briefing, 1997)

4. Of all children born to married parents this year, 50% will experience the divorce of their parents before they reach their 18th birthday. (Fagan, Fitzgerald, Rector, “The Effects of Divorce On America)

5. Studies in the early 1980’s showed that children in repeat divorces earned lower grades and their peers rated them as less pleasant to be around. (Andrew J. Cherlin, Marriage, Divorce, Remarriage –Harvard University Press 1981)

6. Teenagers in single-parent families and in blended families are 3 times more likely to need psychological help within a given year. (Peter Hill “Recent Advances in Selected Aspects of Adolescent Development” Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry 1993)

7. Compared to children from homes disrupted by death, children from divorced homes have more psychological problems.(Robert E. Emery, Marriage, Divorce and Children’s Adjustment” Sage Publications, 1988)

8. Following divorce, children are 50% more likely to develop health problems than two parent families. (Angel, Worobey, “Single Motherhood and Children’s Health”)

9. Children living with both biological parents are 20 to 35% more physically healthy than children from broken homes. (Dawson, “Family Structure and Children’s Health and Well-being” Journal of Marriage and the Family)

10. Most victims of child molestation come from single-parent households or are the children of drug ring members. (Los Angles Times 16 September 1985 The Garbage Generation)

11. A child in a female-headed home is 10 times more likely to be beaten or murdered. (The Legal Beagle, July 1984, from “The Garbage Generation”)

12. A study of children 6 years after a parental marriage breakup revealed that even after all that time, these children tended to be “lonely, unhappy, anxious and insecure. (Wallerstein “The Long-Term Effects of Divorce on Children” Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 1991)

13. 70% of long-term prison inmates grew up in broken homes. (Horn, Bush, “Fathers, Marriage and Welfare Reform)

14. Children of divorce are 4 times more likely to report problems with peers and friends than children whose parents have kept their marriages intact. (Tysse, Burnett, “Moral Dilemmas of Early Adolescents of Divorced and Intact Families. Journal of Early Adolescence 1993)

15. Children of divorce, particularly boys, tend to be more aggressive toward others than those children whose parents did not divorce. (Emery, “Marriage, Divorce and Children’s Adjustment, 1988)

16. People who come from broken homes are almost twice as likely to attempt suicide than those who do not come from broken homes. (Velez-Cohen, “Suicidal Behavior and Ideation in a Community Sample of Children” Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 1988)

17.Children of divorced parents are roughly 2 times more likely to drop out of high school than their peers who benefit from living with parents who did not divorce. (McLanahan, Sandefur, “Growing Up With a Single Parent: What Hurts, What Helps” Harvard University Press 1994)

everything you are trying to paint fell flat on its face when one research actually claimed the death of a parent is less devastating to a child than divorce.

checkmate!

Nothing in this post disproves that children in dysfunctional families show behavioral problems before the divorce takes place and that to many children divorce is a relief as they show improved behavior after divorce.
Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by Stillfire: 3:09pm On Nov 05, 2015
pickabeau1:

Opinions?

cc: stillfire -you refer to her a lot
cougar
Timbuktou
s_ kimono
edwife
Ewuro4

Refer to Halle a lot? When, how, in what way? Scratching my head...
Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by pickabeau1: 3:10pm On Nov 05, 2015
Stillfire:

Refer to Halle a lot? When, how, in what way? Scratching my head...

Maybe its not you

Someone does that a lot here to show abuse can happen to even the primadonnaz
Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by pickabeau1: 3:11pm On Nov 05, 2015
Timbuktou:

Crazy way to institute equality if you ask me. But what do I know, I'm just a bush caveman spear-wielding misogynist from the heart of Africa.

B

will check it out
Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by Stillfire: 3:15pm On Nov 05, 2015
pickabeau1:

Maybe its not you
Someone does that a lot here to show abuse can happen to even the primadonnaz

Definitely not me. I even did a quick search and nothing links me to Halle except this thread and a reference from coogar.
Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by pickabeau1: 3:21pm On Nov 05, 2015
Stillfire:

Definitely not me. I even did a quick search and nothing links me to Halle except this thread and a reference from coogar.

ok..no p

your thoughts?
Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by TV01(m): 3:28pm On Nov 05, 2015
cococandy:
Which kind high standard?
Where did you read that one?
That was more Ewuro4 and armyofone

cococandy:
More like some sort of emotional imbalance and yes poor mate selection.
This was more your point - poor mate selection - Tim touched on it as well.

Her first and foremeost problem is that she herself was not "mateable" - in all liklihood, she would have split with pretty much anyone. As both yourself and Tim noted, she has issues - that's the main problem, not her choices, which in any event will be 1. coloured by her issues and, 2. even if she picks a perfect guy her issues will ruin it.

As for the high standards point by Ewuro and Armyofone, that is to essentially say that the relationships failed because the men did not meet up. You could plead that for 1 instance, maybe even 2, but for 4 marriages, a number of other serious relationships and 2 kids by different men, one of whom wasn't a husband? Indeed, her issues would more likely mean she had "low expectations".

One doesn't have the expectation of a merc, buy a 2nd hand Ford and then ditch it, claiming it didn't meet up...and then go on to buy a fairly used Renault grin

TV
Re: Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? by coogar: 3:38pm On Nov 05, 2015
Mindfulness:

Nothing in this post disproves that children in dysfunctional families show behavioral problems before the divorce takes place and that to many children divorce is a relief as they show improved behavior after divorce.

stop trying to be clever by half......

conflicts in marriage can be classified into high level & low level. in the low level conflicts, keeping the marriage intact is more beneficial to the kids than going for a divorce.

in a nutshell, if a woman files for a divorce for any other reason other than domestic violence & serial adultery, she would do as much harm to her kids as the kids raised in far more conflicted families.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Letting Your 4-Year-Old Son Live As A Girl... / Do You Love Anyone Unconditionally? / Bill Cosby? Father Figure or EX CAREER RAPIST?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.