Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students (2466 Views)

See What A Teacher Did To Inspire Her Students (picture) / PICS:See Why UNILORIN Is Far 'better By Far' / Unilorin Must See!!! Is This Why Unilorin Is Better By Far? Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by Ancientboy(m): 6:14pm On Nov 04, 2015

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by Beesluv: 6:16pm On Nov 04, 2015
Where them dey with their long mouths
Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by Ancientboy(m): 6:17pm On Nov 04, 2015
Beesluv:
Where them dey with their long mouths
pls I need the mods to move this to front page
Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by chisombenedicta(f): 6:20pm On Nov 04, 2015
It is well
Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by Ancientboy(m): 6:25pm On Nov 04, 2015
chisombenedicta:
It is well
with the situation of things,I don't think so
Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by McCarlito(m): 6:26pm On Nov 04, 2015
Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by baruzeez(m): 6:29pm On Nov 04, 2015
ah swear the tin dey pain me sef
the extortion is just way too much, speaking of protest i am very close to principal officers of the SUG and all they are saying is that we have no choice we gats pay nooni
Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by baruzeez(m): 6:31pm On Nov 04, 2015
Ancientboy:
Unilorin has just resumed her 2015/2016 academic session and I must say everything is not going on fine.The school is playing on our intelligence,Ever since unilorin called all her students to resume for the new session,there has been some form of irregularities and one of which is delay in course registration and school fees payment,I tried to access my portal on monday to see if there was any new development,and what I saw on my portal was heartbreaking,this new session,the school is forcing us to pay a sum of #7000 for ''bandwit''.
Ever since the former VC (prof oloyede)left office and present VC(prof Ambali) assumed office,students and parents have been made to pay through their nose.I could remember when I gained admission in 2012,the year the former VC was leaving office,I paid a sum of #5,250 for acceptance fee and a sum of #36,000 excluding bank charges for my school fees,but the following year,the new students paid #25,000 plus for acceptance fees and were asked to pay #70,000 plus for school fees because they were forced to pay for ''JKK TABLETS''which I consider useless not only that,the VC admitted more than the school carrying capacity,there were no enough lecture theater and he admitted more than what the available lecture hall could contain
To cut the long story short,it was learnt that national university comission (NUC)instructed the school not to admit more than 7000 student because last year,over 14,000 freshers were admitted so as to make things easy for students learning,ever since then,the school has been sourcing for means to make up with the abnormal profit they make each year.I also heard that the school fees of students in federal universities should be directed to CBN,so this year,freshers are to pay #20,000+ instead of 70k(thank God for that).
Ever since I gained admission into unilorin up till now(final year) I have never for once visited their computer room and I don't pray so.This year,the school is asking us to pay for wi-fi(bandwit) connection which I think we don't need.if at all I have not been to other schools,I do read here how fellow federal uni. Students(OAU,UNILAG e.t.c) express their dissatisfaction through protest,but in unilorin,you dare not except you are tired of schooling(meaning you will be rusticated)our SUG is useless(bunch of fools),they are not representing the students well at all.Remember not everyone is born with silver spoon,there are students that do menial jobs during the long vacation just to make arrangement for their school fees.
The main reason for putting up this write up is that we(unilorin students)want agencies from the Top to come to our rescue school fees in unilorin is just too high.If the CHANGE is really here,we want to feel it,payment for bandwit this year should be made optional and not compulsory.We seriously need help and I think this is the only place we can express our anger.I believe authorities are here that can help us out..

Better by far students where art thou?are you happy with the situation of things?probably NO
Guy u've said it all, i am yet to pay ma school fees because of dat yeye 7k
I no dey pay o
Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by RobinHez(m): 7:30pm On Nov 04, 2015
If the entire students protest..will they all be "rusticated"? "undecided"

"When u keep treating people like demi-gods..they'll keep treating u like fvcking slaves"
Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by Ancientboy(m): 8:26pm On Nov 04, 2015
Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by RobinHez(m): 8:33pm On Nov 04, 2015
Ancientboy:
honestly you wouldn't understand!no single student has the courage to lead a protest even the so called SUG,they tell us to accept our fate.
Oh well...
Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by Ancientboy(m): 8:39pm On Nov 04, 2015
baruzeez:
Guy u've said it all, i am yet to pay ma school fees because of dat yeye 7k
I no dey pay o
honestly bro!its unfair,we need change
Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by amokeme(f): 11:16pm On Nov 04, 2015
I thought everything was perfect in the better by far..
But I don't think 7k is too much for wifi.. (If the GB will be reasonable )
Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by Ayomide002: 12:00am On Nov 05, 2015
So unilorin is like my school(uniben),students are als treated like slaves even from ordinary portal,I could remember 2013 when a 200level law student was stripped naked coz he went out of the hostel with just boxer..........
But we no dey pay irrelevant money sha..I love uniben for that.
Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by Ancientboy(m): 8:03am On Nov 05, 2015
Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by Horllamideh(m): 11:03am On Nov 05, 2015
The school governing committee are bunch of oloriburukus.....their own children and grandchildren will surely reap from this their expression of inhuman feelings for the children of the masses.....thank God say all i need collect from them now is my transcript,those yeye senate can go Bleep themselves for all i care.
Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by Horllamideh(m): 11:06am On Nov 05, 2015
Ancientboy:
7k is no too much?are u kidding me?something u don't knw is majority of the students in unilorin are not from very rich family,all you see is packaging,d payment for wi-fi should be optional,I have not been using it since 100level and I don't need it,why is it now that the FG says all payment should be directed to CBN that they now tell us to pay for band wit?it seems u don't know unilorin and their tricks
U dey mind those stewpid Ambalil'brain-led administration......their wifi is shit, how can i pay for wifi where download common 21megabyte PDF document will take hours. If wifi costs dat much then they should forget the initiative abi shey na by force??
Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by Horllamideh(m): 11:12am On Nov 05, 2015
Ancientboy:
honestly you wouldn't understand!no single student has the courage to lead a protest even the so called SUG,they tell us to accept our fate.
SUG in Unilorin should be scrapped,they are even more useless than P in PSYCHO.....what's their use if not standing up for students in the face of tyrannical fees and naijapolice-like extortion by bunchs of imbeciles governing the school

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by Sirkris(m): 11:20am On Nov 05, 2015
first you guys should write to the police that you want to carryout a peaceful protest in the school. and also write to the media house around ur area at least we should ve unilorin alumni with one of the media houses to help.
Draw the attension of the school nd the public to it. if u wait for SUG that was selected and not elected then u are wasting ur time. thanks
Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by amokeme(f): 1:29pm On Nov 05, 2015
Ancientboy:
7k is no too much?are u kidding me?something u don't knw is majority of the students in unilorin are not from very rich family,all you see is packaging,d payment for wi-fi should be optional,I have not been using it since 100level and I don't need it,why is it now that the FG says all payment should be directed to CBN that they now tell us to pay for band wit?it seems u don't know unilorin and their tricks
well, I guess you have to pay and start using it then,
Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by MrOra(m): 3:31pm On Nov 05, 2015
The reason many people wouldn't join in the protest is because it's useless, you're asked to pay (7k + school fees less that 20k for staylites= 25k) and you're complaining like Babcock students. It's more economical to pay that, enjoy the WiFi than organize a protest and (if you critically look at it) waste time and funds. My opinion tho. It also turns out to be that this is the only place I've seen people complaining, I'm in school and people are happy cause of the reduced school fees. You just try and focus on your education.

3 Likes

Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by MrOra(m): 4:50pm On Nov 05, 2015
I think we should protest on why the tab is compulsory, that's the real sham
Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by HomoSapiien: 5:10pm On Nov 05, 2015
amokeme:
I thought everything was perfect in the better by far..
But I don't think 7k is too much for wifi.. (If the GB will be reasonable )

No mind dem
Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by Ancientboy(m): 5:36pm On Nov 05, 2015
amokeme:
well, I guess you have to pay and start using it then,
*smiles*
U can't get the picture!!!
Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by Ancientboy(m): 5:38pm On Nov 05, 2015
Horllamideh:
The school governing committee are bunch of oloriburukus.....their own children and grandchildren will surely reap from this their expression of inhuman feelings for the children of the masses.....thank God say all i need collect from them now is my transcript,those yeye senate can go Bleep themselves for all i care.
congratz bro!am so happy for u!

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by Ancientboy(m): 5:48pm On Nov 05, 2015
Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by MrOra(m): 12:23pm On Nov 07, 2015
Ancientboy:
pls let's be considerate about those that are paying for themselves,the fact that 7k is a chicken change to u does not mean it is to others as well,or haven't u seen where students are into bricklaying during the holiday just to cater for their school fees when they resume,this is a federal school for Gods sake we are not in private univ.atleast,we hear about the amount some federal universities are paying...
Remember ur neighbours that are feeding from hand to mouth
Let me ask u this question,why can't they make the payment to be optional?
It's not chicken change to me please, that's where you're basing your argument wrongly. If they can provide what they offer for the 7k and also reduce the school fees like they've done I will struggle and hustle for money to pay. Don't make the mistake of thinking everybody that objects has all the money, some people know where to put the money to benefit them instead of in things like sports betting... (since you want to assume our lifestyle)

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 07, 2015
Chai... some Fed Unis in 9ja sha... Protest nd get penalized... SMH Cc; Elxandre Icus Mrpackager
Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by mrpackager(m): 7:10pm On Nov 07, 2015
adebayor1490:
Chai... some Fed Unis in 9ja sha... Protest nd get penalized... SMH
Cc; Elxandre Icus Mrpackager

WTF
Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 07, 2015
Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by Elxandre(m): 2:38pm On Nov 08, 2015
adebayor1490:
Chai... some Fed Unis in 9ja sha... Protest nd get penalized... SMH
Cc; Elxandre Icus Mrpackager
lol

Just like FUTA SUG cheesy

Silent like the D in Django grin

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Is Extorting Her Students by mrpackager(m): 3:31pm On Nov 08, 2015
Elxandre:
lol
Just like FUTA SUG cheesy
Silent like the D in Django grin

abi ooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apply For Nigeria Police Academy (NPA) Admission Form 2019/2020 Released Online / Check Out These Stunning Pictures Of Clairemac School Pupils On Their New Unifor / Unilag Admission Requirement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.