Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Urgent: I Need Some advice please - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Urgent: I Need Some advice please (543 Views)

MSc In UK Versus N183k Job Offer: Advice Please / Help ! I Need Some Advice / Advice Please, My Uncle Asked Me Which Country Do I Prefere To Go Among... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent: I Need Some advice please by jupiter30: 12:42pm On Nov 05, 2015
Nlanders ,how do I get my pay from a company oweing her staffs 4months and no hope of when d pay is showing up.and right now I have less than 2weeks to start a new job I got recently in which I need money to transport myself and possibly change my wardrobe.also I dunno know if I should tender my resignation letter even though I've been At home for a while due to lack of T fair ,(thinking that will let her pay),but I heard he's still oweing staffs DAT left earlier .please help me out.
Re: Urgent: I Need Some advice please by liztop2012(f): 11:30pm On Nov 06, 2015
pray to God n ask for ur money
Re: Urgent: I Need Some advice please by jupiter30: 8:01am On Nov 07, 2015
liztop2012:
pray to God n ask for ur money
thanks
Re: Urgent: I Need Some advice please by CrazyMan(m): 8:32am On Nov 07, 2015
Its so sad reading this kind of story over and over again.

In civilized societies, the government closes down any company that fails to honor their own end of the bargain to its staffs. (Paying them their salaries)

But I still don't understand why the Nigerian government cannot adopt such measures. Maybe its because they themselves are renowned debtors. Its no news that some states in the federation find it difficult to pay their workers regardless of the billions they get monthly from the federal government. So going after companies who owe their staffs would be like shooting yourself on the foot.

Its annoying stringing workers along for months and years. If you feel the company is broke and cannot pay, then by all means sell it off or close it down.

Unfortunately, in a society where most families can't afford 3square meals, workers are being frustrated into moving away from their debtors (bosses) in search of greener pastures without ever getting their owed salaries paid.

My advise to you dear op is to start your new job, gather some money, then sue the company.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Urgent: I Need Some advice please by jupiter30: 10:41am On Nov 07, 2015
CrazyMan:
Its so sad reading this kind of story over and over again.

In civilized societies, the government closes down any company that fails to honor their own end of the bargain to its staffs. (Paying them their salaries)

But I still don't understand why the Nigerian government cannot adopt such measures. Maybe its because they themselves are renowned debtors. Its no news that some states in the federation find it difficult to pay their workers regardless of the billions they get monthly from the federal government. So going after companies who owe their staffs would be like shooting yourself on the foot.

Its annoying stringing workers along for months and years. If you feel the company is broke and cannot pay, then by all means sell it off or close it down.

Unfortunately, in a society where most families can't afford 3square meals, workers are being frustrated into moving away from their debtors (bosses) in search of greener pastures without ever getting their owed salaries paid.

My advise to you dear op is to start your new job, gather some money, then sue the company.

Good luck.
thanks
Re: Urgent: I Need Some advice please by jupiter30: 11:25am On Nov 07, 2015
CrazyMan:

. If you feel the company is broke and cannot pay, then by all means sell it off or close it down.

untrue . don't just want to say more about this on here cos dey might be reading this.

(1) (Reply)

Best Careers For Personality Types / Supply Chain Management Certification In Nigeria / Who Have Receive Sms From Dss,sss Imo State Cammand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.