Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds (8357 Views)

Dealing With The Fitnah (temptation) Of Women / An Overview Of Women’s Right In Islam / What Made Muhammad The Greatest Prophet Of Allah? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by AlBaqir(m): 3:26pm On Nov 05, 2015
Fatima bint Muhammad, the Leader of Women of All worlds

Introduction
Fath ul-Bari fi Sharh Sahih al-Bukhari is the most valued commentary of Saheeh Bukhari written by ibn Hajr Asqalani. The following is reported in Bukhari under the chapter of 'The Virtues of Sayeda Faatima (peace be upon her)':

Narrated Aboo Al-Walid from ibn Oyaina from Amr ibn Dinar from ibn Abi Mulaika from Al-Meswar ibn Al-Makhrama who said:

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Faatima is part of me, so whoever makes her angry makes me angry." Bukhari has stated in the chapter, 'The virtues of Faatima' that she, is the daughter of the messenger of Allah (peace be upon him), her mother is Bibi Khadijah, she was born in Islam and some say before the emergence of Islam. Ali married her in the second year of the migration in the battle of Badr. She bore children and died in the eleventh year of migration, six months after the Prophet death. This is narrated through 'A'isha and is authentic. It is also said that she died after eight months, some say after three months, some say after two months and it is also said that she died one month after the Prophet (saw). She died when she was 24 years old. It is also said 21, 25, 26 and 30. The virtues of Faatima will be covered in the biography of her mother Bibi Khadijah in Sirat al-Nabawiyyah. And the most strong proof of the superiority of Faatima over the women of her time and after that, is that the Prophet (saw) said about her that she is the Mistress of the ladies of all the worlds except Maryam.

Source: Fath Al-Bari. Vol. 8, Pg. # 474

Imam Al-Alusi writes in contrast to this claim:

This Belief [i.e. Faatima is Afdhal (superior) than Maryam] was Aboo Ja'far's position and this belief is also famous among Imams of Ahlulbayt. And this is the same belief, from which I am convinced that Faatima is the best woman among all previous and all coming women, because she is the part of Rasool Allah (saw) and also because of other reasons, with this explanation the narrations can be combined, and even if we accept that Maryam was a messenger, still Faatima remain Afdhal (superior) than her, because the part of the reason of creation and the master of all the creation (which is Prophet Muhammad (saw)) cannot be compared with anyone. Source: Ruh al-Ma'ani. Vol. 3, Pg. # 155
Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by AlBaqir(m): 3:29pm On Nov 05, 2015
AHADITH ON SUPERIORITY OF FATIMA
# Imam al-Hakim documents:

Narrated Zakaria ibn Zahid from Feras from Al-Sho'bi from Masrooq from A'isha who said:

The Prophet (saw) said in his illness in which he died: "Oh Faatima! Are you not pleased with the fact that you are the Mistress of the ladies of all the worlds, the Mistress of the ladies of this 'Ummah' (nation) and the Mistress of the ladies of all the believers?!"

Footnote: Al-Hakim: 'This Hadeeth is Saheeh (Authentic) chain of narrators, Bukhari and Muslim have not narrated it in this form.

Al-Dhahabi: 'It is Saheeh (Authentic)

Source: Al-Mustadrak Ala Sahihain. Vol. 3, Pg. # 170

# Imam al-Bukhari documents

Narrated A'isha:

" Faatima came walking and her gait resembled the gait of the Prophet (saw). The Prophet (saw) said: "Welcome, O my daughter!" Then he made her sit on his right or on his left side, and then he told her a secret and she started weeping. I asked her, "Why are you weeping?" He again told her a secret and she started laughing. I said, "I never saw happiness so near to sadness as I saw today." I asked her what the Prophet (saw) had told her. She said, "I would never disclose the secret of Allah's Apostle (saw)." When the Prophet (saw) died, I asked her about it. She replied. The Prophet (saw) said: 'Every year Gabriel (a.s) used to revise the Qur'aan with me once only, but this year he has done so twice. I think this portends my death, and you will be the first of my family to join me.' So I started weeping. Then he (saw) said: "Don't you like to be the Mistress of all the ladies of Paradise or the Mistress of all the lady believers? So I laughed for that."

Source: Saheeh Al-Bukhari. Pg. # 891-892, H. # 3623 - 3624

# Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal also documents:

Narrated Hussain ibn Muhammad from Israeel from Maysara ibn Habib from Al-Menhal ibn Amr from Zer ibn Hoyaish from Hudhaifa who said:

"My mother asked me: 'How long is it since you met the Prophet (saw)?' I said: Since such and such, so she got angry and cursed me.' So I said to her: 'Let me go to the Prophet (saw) and pray the Maghrib prayer with him and then I will not leave him until he asks forgiveness for you and me. So I went to the Prophet (saw) and prayed the Maghrib with him, then the Prophet (saw) kept praying until Isha, then I stood up and walked towards him, then someone came to him and talked to him and then went, so I kept walking towards him, then he (saw) heard my voice and said: 'Who is that?' said: Hudhaifa, he said: 'What do you want?' So I told him the story, then he said: 'May Allah forgive you and your mother!' And said: 'Did you see that one who talked to me a moment ago?' I said: 'Yes!' He (saw) said: He was an angel (a.s) who had never came down to earth before this night, he had asked Allah (swt) to let him come down to me and salute me and give me the glad tidings that AlHassan and Al-Hussain are the Masters of the youth in paradise, and that Faatimah is the chief of the ladies of paradise."

Footnote: It’s chain is Saheeh (Authentic) Source: Musnad Ahmad. Vol. 38, Pg. # 354

# Imam al-Hakim further recorded:

Narrated Abul Abbas Muhammad ibn Yaqoob from Al Hassan ibn Alee ibn Affan Al-Ameri from As’haq ibn Mansoor Al-Salooli from Israeel from Maysara ibn Habib from Al-Menhal ibn Amr from Zer ibn Habish from Hudhaifa who said:

"The Messenger of Allah (saw) said: "An angel came down from the sky and and Allah (swt) let him to salute to me, he had never come down before and he gave me the glad tidings that Faatimah is the chief of the ladies of paradise."

Al-Hakim: the chain of this Hadeeth is Saheeh (Authentic) and they (i.e. Bukhari and Muslim) have not narrated it.

Al-Dhahabi in Al-Talkhees: It is Saheeh (Authentic)

Source: Al-Mustadrak. Vol. 3, Pg. # 164

# Allamah Al-Albani records:

Narrated through Hudhaifa from the Messenger of Allah (saw) who said: "An angel came to me that had never come to me before and gave me the glad tiding that Al-Hassan and Al-Hussain are the Masters of the youth in paradise, and that Faatimah is the chief of the ladies of paradise."

Al-Albani: It is Saheeh (Authentic)

Source: Saheeh Jameh Al-Saghir. Vol. 1, Pg. # 77

Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by AlBaqir(m): 3:34pm On Nov 05, 2015
To be continue in sha Allah
Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by AlBaqir(m): 8:51am On Nov 06, 2015
AlBaqir:
To be continue in sha Allah

The Four Greatest Of All Women Of Paradise

Ibn Hajar Al-Asqalani writes:

It is narrated by Al-Nasa'i through an authentic chain from ibn Abbas that: "The greatest of all women of Paradise are Khadijah, Faatima, Maryam, and Aasia [Pharaoh's wife]." And also narrated by Al-Tirmidhi through an Authentic chain from Anas that: "The most excellent of the women of all worlds are..." and has named them. And AlHakim narrated through Hudhaifa that: “An angel came to the Messenger of Allah (saw) and gave him the good news that Bibi Faatima is the mistress of the ladies of Paradise."

Source: Fath Al-Bari. Vol. 8, Pg. # 55

# Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal documents:

Narrated Younis from Dawood ibn Abi Al-Furat from Elbaa from Ikrimah from ibn Abbas who said: "The Messenger of Allah (saw) drew four lines on the ground and then said: 'Do you know what this is?' They replied: 'Allah and his Messenger (saw) know best.' Then the Messenger of Allah (saw) said: 'The greatest of all women of paradise are Khadijah daughter of Khuwaylid, Faatima daughter of Muhammad (saw), Aasia daughter of Mozahim, wife of Pharoah and Maryam daughter of Imraan.'"

Footnote: Ahmad bin Hanbal: The chain is Saheeh (Authentic), narrators Thiqah (Trustworthy).

Source: Musnad Ahmad bin Hanbal. Vol. 4, Pg. # 409

The Greatest Four Women Would Suffice For All The Women In The Universe

# Imam Al-Tirmidhi documents:

Narrated Aboo Bakr ibn Zanjawaih from Abul Razaq from Ma'mar from Qotada from Anas who said:

The Prophet (saw) said: "Of all the women in the Universe, four would suffice: Maryam daughter of Imran, Khadijah daughter of Khuwaylid, Faatimah daughter of Muhammad (saw) and Aasia, wife of Pharoah."

Footnote: Al-Tirmidhi: It is Saheeh (Authentic)

Source: Saheeh Sunan Al-Tirmidhi. Vol. 3, Pg. # 573

# Imam Ibn Hibban also documents:

Narrated Al-Hasan ibn Sufyan from Ahmad ibn Sufyan Aboo Sufyan and Ubaidallah ibn Fadhala Aboq from Ma'mar from Qotada from Anas who said:

The Prophet (saw) said: "Of all the women in the Universe would suffice: Maryam daughter of Imran, Khadijah daughter of Khuwaylid, Faatimah daughter of Muhammad and Aasia wife of Pharoah."

Footnote: It’s chain is Saheeh (Authentic) its narrators are Trustworthy from narrators of Shaykhayn (Bukhari and Muslim).

Source: Saheeh ibn Hibban. Vol. 15, Pg. # 464

# Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal also further documents:

Narrated Abdul Razzaq from Ma'mar from Qotada from Anas who said:

The Prophet (saw) said: "Of all the women in the Universe would suffice: Maryam daughter of Imran, Bibi Khadijah daughter of Khuwaylid, Bibi Faatimah daughter of Muhammad (saw) and Bibi Aasia wife of Pharoah."

Footnote: Its chain is Saheeh (Authentic) its narrators are trustworthy from narrators of Shaykhayn (Bukhari and Muslim).

Source: Musnad Ahmad. Vol. 19, Pg. # 383

# Imam Al-Hakim:

Narrated Aboo Bakr Al-Qatifi from the the virtues of Ahlulbayt of writings of Abi Abdullah Ahmad ibn Hanbal, narrated Abdullah ibn Ahmad Ibn Hanbal who said narrated my father from Abdul Razzaq from Ma'mar from Al-Zuhri from Anas Ibn Malik who said:

The Prophet (saw) said: "Of all the women in the Universe would suffice: Maryam daughter of Imran, Aasia wife of Pharoah, Khadijah daughter of Khuwaylid, Faatimah daughter of Muhammad (saw)."

Al-Hakim: This Hadeeth is Saheeh (Authentic) according to the criteria of Shaykhayn (Bukhari and Muslim) but they have not narrated it in this form, it is "Of all the women in the Universe would suffice" settles between the women of this world.

Al-Dhahabi in Al-Talkhees: According to the criteria of Al-Bukhari and Muslim, it has been narrated from Ma'mar from Al-Zuhri.

Source: Al-Mustadrak Ala Sahihain. Vol. 3, Pg. # 172
Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by AlBaqir(m): 8:55am On Nov 06, 2015
Tampering Of Hadeeth To Include A'isha

Imam Al-Bukhari documents:

Narrated Adam from Sho'ba and narrated Amr from Sho'ba from Amr ibn Morra from Morra from Abi Musa Al-Ash'ari who said:

The Messenger of Allah (saw) said: "Many men reached the level of perfection, but no woman reached such a level except Maryam daughter of Imran and Aasia wife of Pharaoh and the superiority of A'isha to other women, is like the superiority of Tharid (meat and bread dish) to other meals."

Source: Saheeh Al-Bukhari. Pg. # 924

Note:The above narration appears with exactly the same chain of transmission [sanad] in Al-Tabari's Tafsir, but with no mention of A'isha being from the chief women of paradise

Imam Al-Tabari:

Narrated Al-Mothanna from Adam Al-Asqalani from Sho'ba from Amr ibn Morra who said: I heard from Morra Al-Hamdani a narration from Abi Musa Al-Ash'ari who said:

The Messenger of Allah (saw) said: "Many men reached the level of perfection, but no woman reached such a level except Maryam and Aasia wife of Pharaoh and Khadijah daughter of Khuwaylid and Faatimah daughter of Muhammad (saw)."

Source: Tafsir Jamehul Bayan Al-Tabari. Vol. 5, Pg. # 395

Ibn Kathir with further Tampering

Imam Ibn Kathir:

Narrated ibn Mardawaih through Sho’ba from Muawiya ibn Qorra from his father who said:

The Messenger of Allah (saw) said: "Many men reached the level of perfection, but no woman reached such a level except three!!! Maryam daughter of Imran and Aasia daughter Mozahim wife of Pharaoh and Khadijah daughter of Khuwaylid, and the superiority of A'isha to other women, is like the superiority of Tharid (meat and bread dish) to other meals."

Source: Tafsir ibn Kathir. Vol. 2, Pg. # 40.

Ibn Jarir said: Narrated Al-Mothanna from Adam Al-Asqalani from Sho'ba from Amr ibn Morra who said: I heard from Morra Al-Hamdani a narration from Abi Musa Al-Ash'ari who said:

The Messenger of Allah (saw) said: "Many men reached the level of perfection, but no woman reached such a level except Maryam (s.a) and Aasia wife of Pharaoh."

Source: Tafsir ibn Kathir. Vol. 2, Pg. # 41

Ibn Taymiyyah Confirmation
Ibn Taymiyyah writes:

And the Prophet (saw) said: "Many men reached the level of perfection, but no woman reached such a level except four, So truthful men are many." Source: Minhaj Al-Sunnah. Vol. 5, Pg. # 28

Ibn Taymiyyah further writes:

And this is a Saheeh (Authentic) narration from the Prophet (saw) who said: "Many men reached the level of perfection, but no woman reached such a level except four, So truthful men are many." Source: Al Esteqama. Vol. 2, Pg. # 156

There is no ambiguity in that someone has distorted these narrations in order to include Umm al-Mu'mineen, A'isha in the list. On some occasions, Bibi Faatima (peace be upon her) has been removed, in others it may be that Bibi Khadijah (peace be upon her) has been excluded or even both! Likewise, there are narrations which have mentioned all four women and A'isha has been mentioned as the fifth of them! It is obvious from the narration, particularly the part: "The superiority of A'isha to other women, is like the superiority of Tharid (meat and bread dish) to other meals" is not part of the original matn ['content'] of the Hadeeth rather, it is an addition. It is also not in conjunction with other corroborating narrations where it specifically mentions Four women i.e. "Four most superior women in paradise..." and "It suffices four women...".
Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by MrOlai: 5:58pm On Nov 06, 2015
AlBaqir:
Tampering Of Hadeeth To Include A'isha
Imam Al-Bukhari documents:
Narrated Adam from Sho'ba and narrated Amr from Sho'ba from Amr ibn Morra from Morra from Abi Musa Al-Ash'ari who said:
The Messenger of Allah (saw) said: "Many men reached the level of perfection, but no woman reached such a level except Maryam daughter of Imran and Aasia wife of Pharaoh and the superiority of A'isha to other women, is like the superiority of Tharid (meat and bread dish) to other meals."
Source: Saheeh Al-Bukhari. Pg. # 924
Note:The above narration appears with exactly the same chain of transmission [sanad] in Al-Tabari's Tafsir, but with no mention of A'isha being from the chief women of paradise
Imam Al-Tabari:
Narrated Al-Mothanna from Adam Al-Asqalani from Sho'ba from Amr ibn Morra who said: I heard from Morra Al-Hamdani a narration from Abi Musa Al-Ash'ari who said:
The Messenger of Allah (saw) said: "Many men reached the level of perfection, but no woman reached such a level except Maryam and Aasia wife of Pharaoh and Khadijah daughter of Khuwaylid and Faatimah daughter of Muhammad (saw)."
Source: Tafsir Jamehul Bayan Al-Tabari. Vol. 5, Pg. # 395
Ibn Kathir with further Tampering
Imam Ibn Kathir:
Narrated ibn Mardawaih through Sho’ba from Muawiya ibn Qorra from his father who said:
The Messenger of Allah (saw) said: "Many men reached the level of perfection, but no woman reached such a level except three!!! Maryam daughter of Imran and Aasia daughter Mozahim wife of Pharaoh and Khadijah daughter of Khuwaylid, and the superiority of A'isha to other women, is like the superiority of Tharid (meat and bread dish) to other meals."
Source: Tafsir ibn Kathir. Vol. 2, Pg. # 40.
Ibn Jarir said: Narrated Al-Mothanna from Adam Al-Asqalani from Sho'ba from Amr ibn Morra who said: I heard from Morra Al-Hamdani a narration from Abi Musa Al-Ash'ari who said:
The Messenger of Allah (saw) said: "Many men reached the level of perfection, but no woman reached such a level except Maryam (s.a) and Aasia wife of Pharaoh."
Source: Tafsir ibn Kathir. Vol. 2, Pg. # 41
Ibn Taymiyyah Confirmation
Ibn Taymiyyah writes:
And the Prophet (saw) said: "Many men reached the level of perfection, but no woman reached such a level except four, So truthful men are many." Source: Minhaj Al-Sunnah. Vol. 5, Pg. # 28
Ibn Taymiyyah further writes:
And this is a Saheeh (Authentic) narration from the Prophet (saw) who said: "Many men reached the level of perfection, but no woman reached such a level except four, So truthful men are many." Source: Al Esteqama. Vol. 2, Pg. # 156
There is no ambiguity in that someone has distorted these narrations in order to include Umm al-Mu'mineen, A'isha in the list. On some occasions, Bibi Faatima (peace be upon her) has been removed, in others it may be that Bibi Khadijah (peace be upon her) has been excluded or even both! Likewise, there are narrations which have mentioned all four women and A'isha has been mentioned as the fifth of them! It is obvious from the narration, particularly the part: "The superiority of A'isha to other women, is like the superiority of Tharid (meat and bread dish) to other meals" is not part of the original matn ['content'] of the Hadeeth rather, it is an addition. It is also not in conjunction with other corroborating narrations where it specifically mentions Four women i.e. "Four most superior women in paradise..." and "It suffices four women...".
Meaning..?

You want to start bashing Aisha(R.A) again?
Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by BETATRON(m): 6:57pm On Nov 06, 2015
AlBaqir:
AHADITH ON SUPERIORITY OF FATIMA
# Imam al-Hakim documents:

Narrated Zakaria ibn Zahid from Feras from Al-Sho'bi from Masrooq from A'isha who said:

The Prophet (saw) said in his illness in which he died: "Oh Faatima! Are you not pleased with the fact that you are the Mistress of the ladies of all the worlds, the Mistress of the ladies of this 'Ummah' (nation) and the Mistress of the ladies of all the believers?!"

Footnote: Al-Hakim: 'This Hadeeth is Saheeh (Authentic) chain of narrators, Bukhari and Muslim have not narrated it in this form.

Source: Al-Mustadrak Ala Sahihain. Vol. 3, Pg. # 170

# Imam al-Bukhari documents

Narrated A'isha:

" Faatima came walking and her gait resembled the gait of the Prophet (saw). The Prophet (saw) said: "Welcome, O my daughter!" Then he made her sit on his right or on his left side, and then he told her a secret and she started weeping. I asked her, "Why are you weeping?" He again told her a secret and she started laughing. I said, "I never saw happiness so near to sadness as I saw today." I asked her what the Prophet (saw) had told her. She said, "I would never disclose the secret of Allah's Apostle (saw)." When the Prophet (saw) died, I asked her about it. She replied. The Prophet (saw) said: 'Every year Gabriel (a.s) used to revise the Qur'aan with me once only, but this year he has done so twice. I think this portends my death, and you will be the first of my family to join me.' So I started weeping. Then he (saw) said: "Don't you like to be the Mistress of all the ladies of Paradise or the Mistress of all the lady believers? So I laughed for that."

Source: Saheeh Al-Bukhari. Pg. # 891-892, H. # 3623 - 3624

# Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal also documents:

Narrated Hussain ibn Muhammad from Israeel from Maysara ibn Habib from Al-Menhal ibn Amr from Zer ibn Hoyaish from Hudhaifa who said:

"My mother asked me: 'How long is it since you met the Prophet (saw)?' I said: Since such and such, so she got angry and cursed me.' So I said to her: 'Let me go to the Prophet (saw) and pray the Maghrib prayer with him and then I will not leave him until he asks forgiveness for you and me. So I went to the Prophet (saw) and prayed the Maghrib with him, then the Prophet (saw) kept praying until Isha, then I stood up and walked towards him, then someone came to him and talked to him and then went, so I kept walking towards him, then he (saw) heard my voice and said: 'Who is that?' said: Hudhaifa, he said: 'What do you want?' So I told him the story, then he said: 'May Allah forgive you and your mother!' And said: 'Did you see that one who talked to me a moment ago?' I said: 'Yes!' He (saw) said: He was an angel (a.s) who had never came down to earth before this night, he had asked Allah (swt) to let him come down to me and salute me and give me the glad tidings that AlHassan and Al-Hussain are the Masters of the youth in paradise, and that Faatimah is the chief of the ladies of paradise."

Footnote: It’s chain is Saheeh (Authentic) Source: Musnad Ahmad. Vol. 38, Pg. # 354

# Imam al-Hakim further recorded:

Narrated Abul Abbas Muhammad ibn Yaqoob from Al Hassan ibn Alee ibn Affan Al-Ameri from As’haq ibn Mansoor Al-Salooli from Israeel from Maysara ibn Habib from Al-Menhal ibn Amr from Zer ibn Habish from Hudhaifa who said:

"The Messenger of Allah (saw) said: "An angel came down from the sky and and Allah (swt) let him to salute to me, he had never come down before and he gave me the glad tidings that Faatimah is the chief of the ladies of paradise."

Al-Hakim: the chain of this Hadeeth is Saheeh (Authentic) and they (i.e. Bukhari and Muslim) have not narrated it.

Al-Dhahabi in Al-Talkhees: It is Saheeh (Authentic)

Source: Al-Mustadrak. Vol. 3, Pg. # 164

# Allamah Al-Albani records:

Narrated through Hudhaifa from the Messenger of Allah (saw) who said: "An angel came to me that had never come to me before and gave me the glad tiding that Al-Hassan and Al-Hussain are the Masters of the youth in paradise, and that Faatimah is the chief of the ladies of paradise."

Source: Saheeh Jameh Al-Saghir. Vol. 1, Pg. # 77
so organized,One KULI FoR YOU

1 Like

Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by AlBaqir(m): 4:52pm On Nov 07, 2015
The Only Woman worthy to represent Islam at the Mubahala
In the 9th-10th year of Hijrah just before the death of the holy prophet (peace be upon him and his progeny), Allah revealed to His prophet to challenge the Christian of Najran to a Mubahala contest immediately after days of dialogue concerning the personality of Jesus:

"So if someone argues with you in this (matter) after what has come to you of the knowledge, say (O Muhammad), "come let us call our sons and your sons, OUR WOMEN and your women, ourselves and yourselves, then (let us) pray and invoke the curse of Allah upon the liars." {Sura Al-Imran vs 60-62}

The Christian accepted the contest and on that day, gathered most nobles among them with their sons and women (daughters and wives). The holy prophet, salallahu alahi wa ahli, as instructed by His Lord, ONLY took along al-Hussain and al-Hassan indicating our sons, followed by Fatima, his daughter indicating our women, and Ali by his side indicating ourselves. Only these blessed five souls marched to the field of Mubahala.

Here the wives of the holy prophet were excluded despite the use of “Nisa'ana [our women]” in the holy verse, which linguistically could refer to wives and daughters altogether, and primarily according to the Quran (surah Ahzab e.g verse 30, 32) refer to the wives of the Prophet. However none of the wives of the Prophet was selected.

Imam al-Hakim (d. 403H) writes:

“There have been Mutawatir reports in the Tafsir Books from Abd 'Allah b. Abbas and others that the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, on the Day of al-Mubahala, held the hands of 'Ali, Hassan and Hussain, and they positioned Fatima behind them. Then he said, “These are our sons, ourselves and our women, so bring yourselves, your sons and your women. Then we do Mubahala and place the curse of Allah upon the liars (among us)”
{Kitab Ma'rifah „Ulum al-Hadith [Beirut:Manshurah Dar alAfaq al-Hadith, 4th Edition, 1400H], p.50}

# Sheik Ibn Taymiyyah also document this hadith in his Minhaj al-Sunnah al-Nabawiyyah, vol. 4, p. 27.

# Imam Muslim (d. 261H) also documents:

Amir b. Sa'd b. Abi Waqqas reported on the authority of his father that Muawiya b. Abi Sufyan appointed Sa'd as the Governor and said: What prevents you from cursing Abu Turab ('Ali b. Abi Talib), whereupon he said: It is because of three things which I remember Allah's Messenger (s) having said about him that I would not abuse him … (first) I heard Allah's Messenger (s) say about 'Ali… And (second) I heard him say on the Day of Khaibar: I would certainly give this standard to a person who loves Allah and his Messenger and Allah and his Messenger love him too (that is 'Ali)... (The third occasion is) when the (following) verse was revealed: "… come let us call our sons and your sons..." Allah's Messenger (s) called 'Ali, Fatima, Hassan and Hussain and said: O Allah, these are my Ahl (family). {Sahih Muslim 2404 d. In-book reference: Book 44, Hadith 50. USC-MSA web (English) reference: Book 31, Hadith 5915
Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by AlBaqir(m): 4:54pm On Nov 07, 2015
Fatima, the Most Dearest/beloved To The Prophet (peace be upon him and his progeny)

According to some of the Ahlu Sunnah Imams, Abu Bakr was the most beloved of the Prophet. Allamah al-Albani writes:

"I say: the fact that Abu Bakr, may Allah be please with him, was the most beloved of mankind to him (i.e the Prophet), peace be upon him, is consistent with the fact that he was the best of the rightly guided Khalifahs in the view of the Ahl al-Sunnah."

Source: Silsilah al-Ahadith al-Da'ifah wa al-Mawdu'ah, vol.3, p.255, #1124.

However, this belief directly contradicts Ahl al-Sunnah "authentic" hadith. Imam Ahmad (d. 241 H) records:

"AMR b. al-As: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, appointed me as commander of the army of Dhat Salasil. So, I got to him, and said, "O Messenger of Allah, which of mankind is the most beloved to you?" He replied, "Aisha." I said, "Who among the men?" He replied, "Her father." I asked, "Then who?" He replied, "Umar."

Sheik al-Arnaut comments: Its chain is sahih upon the standard of the two Shaykhs.

Source: Musnad Ahmad ibn Hanbal, vol. 4, p.203,#17844.

The authenticity of this hadith {that Aisha was the most beloved of the Prophet} can be examine through the following undeniable evidence:

1. A whole chapter of the holy Quran {surah Tahrim} accused Umm Mu'mineen Aisha [and Hafsah] of the following:

* divulging secrets of their husband (saws

* plotting against the Prophet

* having a Zaghat (deviated, crooked) heart.

* weakness of 7 excellent virtues

Imam Al-Tabari writes:

Narrated ibn Abbas: His Statement {If you both (women) repent to Allah (swt), for your hearts have become CROOKED} means, "YOUR HEARTS HAVE DEVIATED. Your hearts have committed sins." Narrated Mujahid: "We used to think that his Statement (Your hearts have CROOKED) is an easy matter until we heared the Qirah of ibn Mas'ood (If you both (women) repent to Allah (swt), FOR YOUR HEARTS HAVE DEVIATED)." Narrated Qatadah: (Your hearts have become CROOKED) means your hearts have SWERVED. Narrated AlDahak: (Your hearts have become CROOKED) means, "(Your hearts have) DEVIATED." Narrated Sufyan (Al-Thawri): (Your hearts have become CROOKED) means "Your hearts have DEVIATED."

Source: Tafsir Al-Tabari. Vol. 23, Pg. # 93 - 94

Imam Al-Qurtubi also writes:

The Statement of Allah (swt) {If you both (women) repent to Allah (swt)} referring to Hafsah and A'isha upon repentance for what occurred from both in terms of swerving into opposition to what the Messenger of Allah (saw) loved. {Your hearts have become CROOKED} meaning, "(Your hearts have) DEVIATED AND SWERVED FROM THE HAQQ" and that what loving what the Prophet (saw) hated.

Source: Al-Jami Al-Ahkam Al-Qur'aan. Vol. 21, Pg. # 83

Prophet only loves because of Allah, and how close a person is to Allah in taqwa [fear of God] determines how much love Prophet had for such person. Imam Ahmad documents:

Al-Bara b. Azim: We were sitting with the Prophet, peace be upon him, and he said..."Verily, the central handhold of faith (Iman) is that you love for the sake of Allah and that you hate for the sake of Allah."
Source: Musnad Ahmad ibn Hanbal, vol. 4, p.286, #18547.

It remain to be seen how Aisha suddenly becomes the "most beloved of the Prophet" with a zaghat heart and less or no virtues.

2. Aisha's testification
Al-hafiz Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani states:

Ahmad, Abu Dawud and al-Nasai have recorded with a Sahih (authentic) chain from al-Nu'man b. Bashir:

Abu Bakr sought permission to enter the house of the Prophet, peace be upon him, and heard the voice of 'Aisha, very loud, and she was saying (to the Prophet), "I have known that 'Ali is more beloved to you than my father."

Source: Fath al-Bari sharh Sahih al-Bukhari, vol. 7, p.19

Imam Ahmad also recorded:

Nu'man b. Bashir:

Abu Bakr sought permission to enter the house of the Prophet, peace be upon him, and heard the voice of 'Aisha, very loud, and she was saying (to the Prophet), "I have known that 'Ali is more beloved to you than my father." She said it twice or thrice. So, Abu Bakr sought permission (again) and entered, and reached for her, and said, "O daughter of such-and-such woman! Did I hear you raising your voice upon the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him?"

Sheik al-Arnaut comment: Its chain is Hasan.
Source: Musnad Ahmad b. Hanbal, vol.4, p.275, #18444.

3. Further Shawahid
Imam Al-Hakim Al-Naishburi With The Attestation Of Al-Dhahabi documents:

Narrated Aboo Al-Abbas Muhammad ibn Ya’qoob narrated Al-Abbas ibn Muhmmad Al-Doori from Shazan ibn Al-Aswad ibn Amer from Ja'far ibn Ziad Al-Ahmar from Abdullah ibn Ata from Abdullah ibn Buraida from his father who said:

"Among the women Faatima was the most beloved to the messenger of Allah (saw) and from the men Ali was most dear to him."

Footnote: Al-Hakim: 'This Hadeeth is Saheeh (Authentic), (Bukhari and Muslim) have not narrated it.

Source: Al-Mustadrak Ala Sahihain. Vol. 3, Pg. # 155

4. Surah Al-Imran: 61 {Ayat Mubahala}.Despite the command of "your women", only Fatima was chosen by the Prophet. Why?
Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by MrOlai: 8:56pm On Nov 07, 2015
Fundamentalist:

Nothing new to AL baqir. .. Don't waste your mb on him

Thanks. But, don't you think, sometimes, a conscious sincere Muslim should respond to his deception? Perhaps, somebody out there might be saved from his fitna.

3 Likes

Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by Empiree: 5:49am On Nov 08, 2015
Fundamentalist:

It's good you try and dissuade people from it but in this case our people are just too ignorant Empir.ee is a very good example. in the first place place I thought AL baqir would see reason in following the sunnah but the more muslim brothers try to educate him the more stubborn he becomes. My prayer is he comes back to his senses. I don't wish he ends up a Shia. I like his courage but too ignorant to recognize the truth
What did i do to you now?.

Yes, I saw this thread but must i respond to every thread?.

I deliberately ignored because it's pretty much irrelevant to me.

Nana Aisha(RA) and Fatima (RA) are both beloved by the prophet(SAW).

What Shia think of Aisha is pretty much irrelevant to me.

1 Like

Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by AlBaqir(m): 10:43am On Nov 08, 2015
Empiree:
What did i do to you now?.

Yes, I saw this thread but must i respond to every thread?.

I deliberately ignored because it's pretty much irrelevant to me.

[size=13pt]Nana Aisha(RA) and Fatima (RA) are both beloved by the prophet(SAW).[/size]

What Shia think of Aisha is pretty much irrelevant to me.

What does Shia think of Aisha? Please educate me. It is so unfortunate that many claimed to read Quran but never want to read Surah Tahrim [Quran chp.66]. The whole chapter was revealed about Aisha and Hafsa where Allah Himself accuse them:

# For divulging Prophetic secrets

# For planing against the Prophet

# Of having a Zaghat (deviated crooked) heart

NB: These are exactly the same sins committed by the wives of Nabi Nuh and Nabi Lut.

# Of not having several virtues which other muslim women have

# Then Allah remind them [and people that ever follow their footsteps] of the wives of Nabi Lut and Nabi Nuh.

A whole chapter of the holy Quran. Yet Empiree is telling me "what Shia think of Aisha"?! Bring millions of ahadith in praises of Aisha, the Furqan (Quran) will always expose those ahadith were never from the Prophet.

Please anytime you are dealing with Albaqir, try to provide solid evidence bro. That's the only thing that make sense and can subdue me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by Empiree: 11:00am On Nov 08, 2015
author=Fundamentalist post=39793547]
why did you edit my post before you reposted?
Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by AlBaqir(m): 11:48am On Nov 08, 2015
Empiree, you still haven't answer my question faah. "What (does) Shia think about Aisha?!" Your very word.

Further Sunni evidences:

# Imam Ibn al-Jawzi (d.597H) has this exegesis:

"Then He (Allah) addresses 'Aisha and Hafsah, saying: {If you both repent to Allah}, meaning from helping each other against the Messenger of Allah to hurt him. {For your hearts have deviated} Ibn 'Abbas said, "They (the hearts) deviated, and deviated from the Truth." Mujahid said, "We used to consider His words, the Almighty {For your hearts have deviated} has something easy until we found it in the recitation of Ibn Mas'ud as: {for your hearts have deviated (zaghat)."

Source: {Muhammad al-Jawzi al-Qurshi al-Baghdadi, Zad al-Masir fi 'Ilm al-Tafsir (Beirut: Dar al-Fikr; 1st edition, 1407H), vol. 8, p.52}

# Imam Muslim (d. 261H) also records:

'Abd Allah ibn Abbas:
I hesitated for a (whole) year, and I had intended to ask 'Umar b. al-khattab concerning a verse. But I could not ask him out of fear of him, until he went out for Hajj and I accompanied him. During his return, while we were still on the way, he stepped aside towards an Arak tree to ease himself. So, I waited for him until he finished. I then walked along with him, and said, "O Amir al-Muminin! Who were the two women who helped each other against the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, among his wives?" He replied, "They were Hafsah and 'Aisha"

Source: {sahih Muslim (Beirut: Dar Ihya al-Turath al-Arabi) [annotator: Muhammad Faud Abd al-Baqi], vol.2, p.1105, #1479(31)}

The above verses [of surah Tahrim] were the last updates by Allah on the hearts of both women. Nothing else was revealed thereafter by Him to discharge them, or to indicate their repentance.

Quran declares:
يوم لا ينفع مال ولا بنون الا من اتی الله بقلب سليم
The day whereon neither wealth nor sons will avail, except him who brings to Allah a clean heart {Quran 26: 88-89}
Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by Empiree: 12:18pm On Nov 08, 2015
^No, am not retreating. This is scholarly discussion so i need to review my library see if i have something there with respect to this subject.

And i think your last post hushed detailed conclusion.
Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by MrOlai: 12:28pm On Nov 08, 2015
AlBaqir:
"What (does) Shia think about Aisha?!"

Answer:
AlBaqir:

There is a narration in Tafsir al-Ayyashi which states that the Prophet (pbuh) was poisoned by his two wives, A’isha and Hafsa.
Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 08, 2015
MrOlai:

Answer:

I don't understand lipsrsealed
Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by AlBaqir(m): 1:25pm On Nov 08, 2015
MuhdG:

MrOlai deliberately edited my statement just to cause futnah. This is not his first time. And you can see how Empiree statement was also tampered with by his partner in crime. Kindly observe the underlined statement he edited from a long thread below:

Finally, there is a narration in Tafsir al-Ayyashi which states that the Prophet (pbuh) was poisoned by his two wives, A’isha and Hafsa.

The problems with this narration:
It is only one narration. It is mursal (does not have a continuous chain of narrators) and is therefore weak. It is definitely not the opinion of our mainstream scholars.

Yes, it is narrated in al-Bukhari and Muslim from Ayesha that they gave a medicine to the Prophet prior to his death:

“’Aisha said: we gave him (pbuh) medicine
while he was ill. He (pbuh) kept signalling to us not to give him the medicine. We thought it to be the dislike of an ill person for taking medicine. When he woke up he (pbuh) said: ‘did I not prohibit you from giving me medicine?’ We said: ‘we thought it was the dislike of the patient for medicine’. He said: ‘everyone in the house should take from the medicine while I watch them, except for Abbas (the Prophet’s uncle) because he was not present (when the medicine was being given to the Prophet)”.

The problems with this narration:

*The narration does not say it was poison (thus no confession).
*The narration is not mentioned in our books of hadith
*The content of the hadith is problematic. Why would the Prophet punish all in the household except Abbas by making them drink the medicine? And if it was poison, they should all have died too.

https://www.nairaland.com/1574876/holy-prophet-poisoned-killed-died
Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by AlBaqir(m): 1:40pm On Nov 08, 2015
Empiree:
^No, am not retreating. This is scholarly discussion so i need to review my library see if i have something there with respect to this subject.

And i think your last post hushed detailed conclusion.

Akhi, even if you want to, I will not allow you until you present your facts grin

I will give you all the time you want to research and in sha Allah I will be waiting. Remember we are discussing:

# Surah Tahrim revealed because of Aisha and Hafsah. So, how according to your claim, both Fatima (alayha Salam) and Ummul mumineen Aisha became beloved of the Prophet.

NB: After we finish that, we can proceed to ahadith on umm mumineen Aisha.
Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by MrOlai: 8:23pm On Nov 08, 2015
MuhdG:

Some shia accuse Aisha(R.A) of poisoning the Prophet(SAW).
Some of them accuse her(R.A) of committing zina.
Some of them rain curses on her(R.A).
All of them accuse her of treachery and use unprintable words on her(R.A).

When you confront them on any of these, they use their Taqiyya. You can verify this by asking their leader on this forum, Albaqir.

2 Likes

Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by Empiree: 9:54pm On Nov 08, 2015
AlBaqir:

What does Shia think of Aisha? Please educate me. It is so unfortunate that many claimed to read Quran but never want to read Surah Tahrim [Quran chp.66]. The whole chapter was revealed about Aisha and Hafsa where Allah Himself accuse them:

# For divulging Prophetic secrets

# For planing against the Prophet

# Of having a Zaghat (deviated crooked) heart

NB: These are exactly the same sins committed by the wives of Nabi Nuh and Nabi Lut.

# Of not having several virtues which other muslim women have

# Then Allah remind them [and people that ever follow their footsteps] of the wives of Nabi Lut and Nabi Nuh.

A whole chapter of the holy Quran. Yet Empiree is telling me "what Shia think of Aisha"?! Bring millions of ahadith in praises of Aisha, the Furqan (Quran) will always expose those ahadith were never from the Prophet.

Please anytime you are dealing with Albaqir, try to provide solid evidence bro. That's the only thing that make sense and can subdue me.
Bismillahi. We already know that union between rosullah(SAW) and sayyidina Aisha(RTA) was Divinely inspired by Allah so there is no need to go into that. A brief reference to this could be located suhih hadith

Allah's Messenger (PBUH) said to me, ‘You were shown to me twice (in my dream) before I married you. I saw an angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said to him, 'Uncover (her),' and behold, it was you.’ (Bukhari, Hadith 6495)

The reason i raised this brief illustration is to basically show you that Aisha(RA) could not have been misguided unlike the wives of Nabi Lut and Nabi Nuh(AS). Hence, Aisha is part of al-bayt.

Regarding Sura al-Tarim,

The chapter begins, 1. O Prophet! Why do you forbid that which Allah has made lawful to you, seeking to please your wives? And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Gracious.
2. Allah has already ordained for you the absolution from your oaths. And Allah is your Guardian and He is the Omniscient, the All-Wise.

In many different occasions of Revelation have been mentioned for the first blessed Verse, though it is certain that the Noble Prophet (SAW) had different wives and at times he was entangled with their envious conducts and waived his lawful rights in order to please all of them. Although such proscriptions were personal matters, but as the Noble Prophet has been the role model of the society, the possibility exists that others may feel that it is a religious decree and they have to act upon it. Thus, God Almighty warns His Prophet (SAW) against it and in fact makes people understand that such conducts were the Noble Prophet’s (SAW) personal affairs they are not supposed to be regarded as standards for others.

It is incumbent upon us to bear in mind to prioritize our affairs. Acting upon one’s oaths bears significance, but acting upon religious decrees bears further significance. An eminent figure like the Noble Prophet of the Islamic faith (S) does not solely belong to himself, but he belongs to the Muslim society in its entirety and to the world of humanity.Therefore, even though certain plots, however insignificant, be hatched against him, are not to be neglected as his prestige is not supposed to be taken lightly and such plots should be dealt with seriously and decisively. The opening Verses of the blessed Chapter in question reflect the Divine Decisiveness against such incidents threatening His Messenger’s (SAW) prestige.

Verses 3-4:

Remember when the Prophet disclosed a secret of to one of his wives, then she divulged it and Allah made it known to him. He informed him of a part thereof and left the other part. When the Prophet told let his wife know of it, she asked: "Who told you this secret?" He replied: "The Omniscient, the All-Aware Allah apprised me of it."

If you two turn in repentance to Allah, it will be better for you, since your hearts have turned away from the truth, but if you conspire against him, you may not achieve anything. Then, verily Allah is his Protector and Gabriel and the righteous believers, and furthermore, the angels are his helpers.

It is saying that Prophet (SAW) disclosed a secret of his to some of his wives, but she failed to keep the secret and divulged it. God Almighty apprised His Messenger (SAW) of such disclosure and he apprised his wife of some of the intelligence and refrained from informing her of the rest. Now, what was the secret of which some of his wives were apprised? The secret consisted of two points, firstly eating honey before his wife Zaynab, the daughter of Jahsh and secondly prohibiting himself from eating honey in future. The wife who divulged the secret was Hafsa who upon being informed of the secret, she divulged the secret to ‘À’isha.

Upon being apprised of the disclosure of the secret through Divine Revelation, he informed Hafsa of some of it but refrained from informing her of it all to prevent her from being ashamed. The first part might have consisted of eating honey and the second part might have consisted of the prohibition as per which he refrained from eating honey in future. At any rate, upon informing Hafsa of the disclosure of the secret, she inquired about the source of intelligence. He replied that God Almighty, the All-Wise, had informed him of the disclosure.

The blessed Verse in question reflect that some of the wives of the Noble Prophet (S) disturbed him by their words; further, they lacked the merit of keeping secrets which is one of the qualifications of a loyal wife.

On the contrary, the Noble Prophet’s (SAW) conduct was so magnanimous that he even did not apprised her of the whole intelligence, but merely alluded to some part of it. it is narrated from the Commander of the Faithful, Imam ‘Ali (as), as saying:

"Magnanimous people never to the extreme in obtaining their own rights, since God Almighty says that the Noble Prophet (S) apprised her of some of the intelligence and refrained from informing her of its entirety."

There is no doubt that the matter is not ordinary or trivia one that when the Holy Prophet said something to his wives they would retort to Him, why was it given so much importance that in the Qur'an Allah administered a severe warning directly to the wives themselves? And why did Hadrat 'Umar take it as such a grave matter that first he reproved his own daughter, then visited the house of the other wives and asked them to fear the wrath of Allah?. And, about all, was the Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) also so sensitive that he would take offense at minor things and become annoyed with his wives, and was he, God forbid, so irritable that once having been annoyed at such things he had severed his connections with all his wives and retired to his private apartment in seclusion?. If a person considers these questions deeply, he will inevitably have to adopt one of the two views in the explanation of these verses either on account of his excessive concern for reverence for the holy wives he should not at all mind if a fault is imputed to Allah and His Messenger, or else he should admit in a straightforward way that at that time the attitude and behavior of these holy wives has actually become so objectionable that the Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) was justified in becoming annoyed over it, and more than that, Allah Himself was justified that He should administer a severe warning to the wives on their unseemly behavior and attitude.

[size=13pt]Conclusion:[/size]

Not Only Hafsa And Aisha Were Accused

The fault did not lie only with Hadrat 'A'isha and Hadrat Hafsah but the other wives also had some share in it. That is why, after them, all the other wives too, have been warned in this chapter. No light has been thrown on the nature of the error in the Qur'an. However, some details are found in the Hadith.

I[i]n Bukhari, a tradition has been reported from Hadrat Anas, saying that Hadrat 'Umar said: "The Holy Prophet's wives because of their mutual envies and rivalries had utterly displeased him. At this I said to them: It may well be that if the Holy Prophet divorced you, Allah would give him in your place better wives than you. " Ibn Abi Hatim has, on the authority of Hadrat Anas, reported the statement of Hadrat Umar in these words: "I was informed that a discord had been created between the Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) and his wives. At this I went to each of them and asked them to refrain from vexing the Holy Prophet; otherwise Allah would give him in their stead better wives than them selves. So much so that when I went to the last of them (and according to a tradition of Bukhari, to Umm Salamah), she said to me: O `Umar, is not the Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) himself enough to admonish his wives? Then why should you come out to counsel them? This made me quiet, and after this Allah sent down this verse.'[/i]

In Muslim, Hadrat `Abdullah bin 'Abbas has related that Hadrat 'Umar said to him: "When the Holy Prophet (upon whom be Allah's peace) separated himself from his wives, I went to the Mosque and found the people worried and upset and playing with pebbles and saying to one another: 'The Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) has divorced his wives.' After this Hadrat `Umar related his visiting the apartments of Hadrat 'A'ishah and Hafsah and admonishing them. then said: I went before the Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) and said: Why do you feel upset with regard to your wives? If you divorce them, Allah is with you, all the angels and Gabriel and Michael are with you, and I and Abu Bakr and all the Believers are with you. I thank Allah that seldom has it so happened that I said a thing and did not have hope from Allah that He would testify to what I said. So, after this these verses of Surah At-Tahrim were sent down. Then I asked the Holy Prophet: Have you divorced your wives'? He said: No. Thereupon I stood at the entrance of the Mosque and announced in a loud voice: The Holy Prophet has not divorced his wives."

The traditions related in Bukhari from Hadrat Anas and in Musnad Ahmad from Hadrat 'Abdullah bin `Abbas, Hadrat 'A'ishah and Hadrat Abu Hurairah say that the Holy Prophet had pledged to remain away from his wives for a month and he retired in seclusion to his apartment. When 29 days passed, Gabriel carne and said; "You have fulfilled your oath: a month has come to completion."

The narration ^ also teaches us a very important lesson about scolding ("doraba"wink one's wife. But I am not going there.

For the fact that prophet did not divorce his wives suggests they were forgiven. This is contrary to the way you portrayed Aisha being misguided and dubious like the wives of Nuh (AS). Their only punishment was the he(SAW) separated from them for number of days and called it off thereafter. It's not for me to say Aisha(RA) was evil or misguided. I am not a scholar to this effect. Besides, she narrated some over 2000 ahadith most if which are credible.

This betrayal" was not in the sense that they had committed an indecency but in the sense that they did not follow the Prophets Noah and Lot on the way of faith but sided with their enemies against them. Ibn 'Abbas say: “No Prophet's wife has ever been wicked and immoral The betrayal of these two women in fact was in the matter of faith and religion: they did not acknowledge the religion of the Prophets Noah and Lot. The Prophet Noah's wife used to convey news about the believers to the wicked of her people, and the Prophet Lot's wife used to inform the immoral people about those who visited him in his house. "(Ibn Jarir).

I think I should open a thrread on this subject but I am not sure if i can at this time.
Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by AlBaqir(m): 1:17am On Nov 09, 2015
Empiree:
Bismillahi. We already know that union between rosullah(SAW) and sayyidina Aisha(RTA) was Divinely inspired by Allah so there is no need to go into that. A brief reference to this could be located suhih hadith

Allah's Messenger (PBUH) said to me, ‘You were shown to me twice (in my dream) before I married you. I saw an angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said to him, 'Uncover (her),' and behold, it was you.’ (Bukhari, Hadith 6495)

The reason i raised this brief illustration is to basically show you that Aisha(RA) could not have been misguided unlike the wives of Nabi Lut and Nabi Nuh(AS). Hence, Aisha is part of al-bayt.

This is absolutely off the trail. Shaitan was the leader of the angels yet he fell. Yes Aisha was part of the General Ahl al-bayt so also other wives, cousins and prophet's relatives [good or bad]. The only special Ahl al-bayt cleansed from al-rijz were introduced by the Prophet himself in the presence of Aisha, Umm salama and other wives. And they were Ali, Fatima, Hassan and Hussein. Absolutely no story on this!

However, Nabi Nuh believed his biological son was part of his Ahlulbayt. And truly wasn't he? But Allah said he was not part of Nuh's Ahlulbayt because of his bad deeds. Read sura Hud for details.

So being a member of Prophet's Ahlulbayt guarantees nothing. Allah only judges and elevate through Iman and Amal [faith and righteous deed].

Empiree:

Regarding Sura al-Tarim,

The chapter begins, 1. O Prophet! Why do you forbid that which Allah has made lawful to you, seeking to please your wives? And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Gracious.
2. Allah has already ordained for you the absolution from your oaths. And Allah is your Guardian and He is the Omniscient, the All-Wise.

In many different occasions of Revelation have been mentioned for the first blessed Verse, though it is certain that the Noble Prophet (SAW) had different wives and at times he was entangled with their envious conducts and waived his lawful rights in order to please all of them. Although such proscriptions were personal matters, but as the Noble Prophet has been the role model of the society, the possibility exists that others may feel that it is a religious decree and they have to act upon it. Thus, God Almighty warns His Prophet (SAW) against it and in fact makes people understand that such conducts were the Noble Prophet’s (SAW) personal affairs they are not supposed to be regarded as standards for others.

It is incumbent upon us to bear in mind to prioritize our affairs. Acting upon one’s oaths bears significance, but acting upon religious decrees bears further significance. An eminent figure like the Noble Prophet of the Islamic faith (S) does not solely belong to himself, but he belongs to the Muslim society in its entirety and to the world of humanity.Therefore, even though certain plots, however insignificant, be hatched against him, are not to be neglected as his prestige is not supposed to be taken lightly and such plots should be dealt with seriously and decisively. The opening Verses of the blessed Chapter in question reflect the Divine Decisiveness against such incidents threatening His Messenger’s (SAW) prestige.

These have nothing to do with our discourse. This is about the Prophet. We talk about his wives.

Empiree:

Verses 3-4:

Remember when the Prophet disclosed a secret of to one of his wives, then she divulged it and Allah made it known to him. He informed him of a part thereof and left the other part. When the Prophet told let his wife know of it, she asked: "Who told you this secret?" He replied: "The Omniscient, the All-Aware Allah apprised me of it."

If you two turn in repentance to Allah, it will be better for you, since your hearts have turned away from the truth, but if you conspire against him, you may not achieve anything. Then, verily Allah is his Protector and Gabriel and the righteous believers, and furthermore, the angels are his helpers.

Ma sha Allah. These are the ayah. Absolutely these ayah doesn't need any rocket tafsir. The following points are extracted easily:

# Two wives were accused of divulging secret among themselves.

# The two wives planned against their blessed husband

# Allah accused them of having a deviated hearts.

Empiree:

It is saying that Prophet (SAW) disclosed a secret of his to some of his wives, but she failed to keep the secret and divulged it. God Almighty apprised His Messenger (SAW) of such disclosure and he apprised his wife of some of the intelligence and refrained from informing her of the rest. Now, what was the secret of which some of his wives were apprised? The secret consisted of two points, firstly eating honey before his wife Zaynab, the daughter of Jahsh and secondly prohibiting himself from eating honey in future. The wife who divulged the secret was Hafsa who upon being informed of the secret, she divulged the secret to ‘À’isha.

Upon being apprised of the disclosure of the secret through Divine Revelation, he informed Hafsa of some of it but refrained from informing her of it all to prevent her from being ashamed. The first part might have consisted of eating honey and the second part might have consisted of the prohibition as per which he refrained from eating honey in future. At any rate, upon informing Hafsa of the disclosure of the secret, she inquired about the source of intelligence. He replied that God Almighty, the All-Wise, had informed him of the disclosure.

The blessed Verse in question reflect that some of the wives of the Noble Prophet (S) disturbed him by their words; further, they lacked the merit of keeping secrets which is one of the qualifications of a loyal wife.

On the contrary, the Noble Prophet’s (SAW) conduct was so magnanimous that he even did not apprised her of the whole intelligence, but merely alluded to some part of it. it is narrated from the Commander of the Faithful, Imam ‘Ali (as), as saying:

"Magnanimous people never to the extreme in obtaining their own rights, since God Almighty says that the Noble Prophet (S) apprised her of some of the intelligence and refrained from informing her of its entirety."

All these are just tafsir to the ayah and they did nothing in absolving the two wives of their sins.

Empiree:

There is no doubt that the matter is not ordinary or trivia one that when the Holy Prophet said something to his wives they would retort to Him, why was it given so much importance that in the Qur'an Allah administered a severe warning directly to the wives themselves? And why did Hadrat 'Umar take it as such a grave matter that first he reproved his own daughter, then visited the house of the other wives and asked them to fear the wrath of Allah?. And, about all, was the Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) also so sensitive that he would take offense at minor things and become annoyed with his wives, and was he, God forbid, so irritable that once having been annoyed at such things he had severed his connections with all his wives and retired to his private apartment in seclusion?. If a person considers these questions deeply, he will inevitably have to adopt one of the two views in the explanation of these verses either on account of his excessive concern for reverence for the holy wives he should not at all mind if a fault is imputed to Allah and His Messenger, or else he should admit in a straightforward way that at that time the attitude and behavior of these holy wives has actually become so objectionable that the Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) was justified in becoming annoyed over it, and more than that, Allah Himself was justified that He should administer a severe warning to the wives on their unseemly behavior and attitude.

This very part nailed it - bolded part. Prophet was a tolerant man no matter how severe the condition is. Aisha in particular troubled the holy prophet on several occasions to the fact that her father used to reproach her and call her names. An hadith to this effect is given already on this post.

So, for Allah to have revealed this surah, definitely their crimes are greater in His sight even if the prophet tried to keep calm. This revelation rubbish all the theories of the apologetics to mellow down the issue. And this surah in respect to deep thought above [the bold part] questioned the credibility and authenticity of the story [of honey] related by Bukhari and Muslim. The story never justified the hard tones of the surah thereby one will begin to have thought about the "tolerance" of the Prophet.

Empiree:

[size=13pt]Conclusion:[/size]

Not Only Hafsa And Aisha Were Accused

The fault did not lie only with Hadrat 'A'isha and Hadrat Hafsah but the other wives also had some share in it. That is why, after them, all the other wives too, have been warned in this chapter. No light has been thrown on the nature of the error in the Qur'an. However, some details are found in the Hadith.

Allah only addressed two women in this Surah. It definitely has nothing to do with other wives. The "dual plural" is used. E.g فقد صخت قلوبكما
"fakad saghat kulubu[b]kuma[/b]" That bold part is a dual plural. Another example says: عسی ربه ان طلقكن

That "Kuna" is another dual plural.

So bros it has nothing to do with other wives. This is Quran, far different from stories and theories to add or share the blames on others. Surah Ahzab, Allah warns them all with general plural.

Empiree:

I[i]n Bukhari, a tradition has been reported from Hadrat Anas, saying that Hadrat 'Umar said: "The Holy Prophet's wives because of their mutual envies and rivalries had utterly displeased him. At this I said to them: It may well be that if the Holy Prophet divorced you, Allah would give him in your place better wives than you. " Ibn Abi Hatim has, on the authority of Hadrat Anas, reported the statement of Hadrat Umar in these words: "I was informed that a discord had been created between the Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) and his wives. At this I went to each of them and asked them to refrain from vexing the Holy Prophet; otherwise Allah would give him in their stead better wives than them selves. So much so that when I went to the last of them (and according to a tradition of Bukhari, to Umm Salamah), she said to me: O `Umar, is not the Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) himself enough to admonish his wives? Then why should you come out to counsel them? This made me quiet, and after this Allah sent down this verse.'[/i]

In Muslim, Hadrat `Abdullah bin 'Abbas has related that Hadrat 'Umar said to him: "When the Holy Prophet (upon whom be Allah's peace) separated himself from his wives, I went to the Mosque and found the people worried and upset and playing with pebbles and saying to one another: 'The Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) has divorced his wives.' After this Hadrat `Umar related his visiting the apartments of Hadrat 'A'ishah and Hafsah and admonishing them. then said: I went before the Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) and said: Why do you feel upset with regard to your wives? If you divorce them, Allah is with you, all the angels and Gabriel and Michael are with you, and I and Abu Bakr and all the Believers are with you. I thank Allah that seldom has it so happened that I said a thing and did not have hope from Allah that He would testify to what I said. So, after this these verses of Surah At-Tahrim were sent down. Then I asked the Holy Prophet: Have you divorced your wives'? He said: No. Thereupon I stood at the entrance of the Mosque and announced in a loud voice: The Holy Prophet has not divorced his wives."
.[/quote]

The traditions related in Bukhari from Hadrat Anas and in Musnad Ahmad from Hadrat 'Abdullah bin `Abbas, Hadrat 'A'ishah and Hadrat Abu Hurairah say that the Holy Prophet had pledged to remain away from his wives for a month and he retired in seclusion to his apartment. When 29 days passed, Gabriel carne and said; "You have fulfilled your oath: a month has come to completion."

The narration ^ also teaches us a very important lesson about scolding ("doraba"wink one's wife. But I am not going there.
.[/quote]

Am sorry all these are just long stories. They never treat the issues and accusations in the Quran not to mention absolve the charges.

Empiree:

For the fact that prophet did not divorce his wives suggests they were forgiven. This is contrary to the way you portrayed Aisha being misguided and dubious like the wives of Nuh (AS). Their only punishment was the he(SAW) separated from them for number of days and called it off thereafter. It's not for me to say Aisha(RA) was evil or misguided. I am not a scholar to this effect. Besides, she narrated some over 2000 ahadith most if which are credible.

Did Nabi Nuh, and Nabi Lut divorced their wives? No! Both were still very much with their husband until Allah's punishment rained on them. Prophet is described as "Prophet of mercy". Not divorcing them [while there is option of the divorce on ground] was actually a chance and opportunity for these two women to repent. And politically their divorce will be very dangerous to the state of Islam. Daughters of two prominent sahaba. The Munafiq and Mushriqin will use that as great loophole against Islam.

In short it's an opportunity for them to retrace their bad ways. Yet Umm Mumineen Aisha never backed down. She instigated the first civil war in Islam! Mobilised a huge army and turned two Muslims group against each other. Hundreds of Muslims died.

Empiree:

This betrayal" was not in the sense that they had committed an indecency but in the sense that they did not follow the Prophets Noah and Lot on the way of faith but sided with their enemies against them. Ibn 'Abbas say: “No Prophet's wife has ever been wicked and immoral The betrayal of these two women in fact was in the matter of faith and religion: they did not acknowledge the religion of the Prophets Noah and Lot. The Prophet Noah's wife used to convey news about the believers to the wicked of her people, and the Prophet Lot's wife used to inform the immoral people about those who visited him in his house. "(Ibn Jarir).

I think I should open a thrread on this subject but I am not sure if i can at this time.

Allah Himself gave the example and His example are the best. Here the two wives of the Prophet were reminded of those two condemned wives despite being wives of Allah's best servants. They betrayed the trust of their husbands.

How does this affect Umm Mu'mineen Aisha? Battle of Jamal against Imam Ali. Here's a sahih hadith:

Allamah Nasir deen Al-Albani documents:

Narrated Aboo Sa'id narrated:

We were sitting, waiting for the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him. Then he came to us from the room of one of his wives. So, we stood with him. But his shoe broke, and he appointed Ali to stay behind to repair it. Then, the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, walked and we walked with him. He (the Prophet (saw)) stood up, waiting for him (i.e. Ali) and we stood with him. Then he said: There is among you one who will fight over the ta'wil (interpretation) of this Qur'aan, just as I fought over its tanzil (revelation)."

Each of us wished it was him, and among us were Abu Bakr and Umar. But he (the Prophet (saw)) said: "No. He is only the repairer of the shoe" referring to Ali, may Allah be pleased with him. We went to him (i.e. Ali) to give him the good news. But he responded as though he had earlier heard it."

Footnote: Hadeeth is Saheeh (Authentic).

Source: Al-Silsilah Al-Ahadeeth Al-Saheehah. Vol. 5, Pg. # 639 - 640, H. # 2487

'Ali fought various rebel groups who initiated civil wars within the space of his short 4 years of Khilafah. From the battle of Jamal led by Aisha [wife of the Prophet(s)], Zubair and Talha[prominent companions]; the battle of Siffin led by Mu'awiyah[another sahabi] to the battle of Nahrawan with the Khawarij.

The following are obvious from this Sahih hadith:

1. As the Prophet fought for the revelation of the Quran, so was Ali fought for its [Quran] interpretations.

2. Apparently only Ali knew the right interpretation of the Quran [both the Muhkamt (clear verse) and Mutashabihat (allegorical)] as opposed to those who fought him.

3. Quran talks about those who falsely interpret the Quran to cause fitnah [tribulations]. These are those with disease in their heart, Quran concluded.{surah al-Imran:7}. This is exactly how Aisha was being accused in surah Tahrim: A crooked, deviated heart.

4. Those who sincerely stood with Ali in these battles were on the path of truth/guidance and those who fought them were on the path of falsehood/misguidance [opposing the right interpretation of the Quran]

Allamah al-Albani nailed it with this documentations:

Narrated Abul Abbas Muhammad ibn Yaqoob from Abul Bakhtari Abdullah ibn Muhammad ibn Bishr Al-Abdi from Isma'eel ibn Abi Khalid from Qays ibn Abi Hazim narrated that: A'isha, while speaking about her burial in her house, said: "I invented an innovation after the Messenger of Allah (saw). Bury me with his wives." So, she was buried at Al-Baqi. Al-Hakim: This narration is Saheeh (Authentic) Al-Dhahabi: It is Saheeh (Authentic) by the criteria of Bukhari and Muslim. Source: Al-Mustadrak Alaa Al-Sahihain. Vol. 4, Pg. # 7, H. # 2315/6717

NB: If you want scan pages of these ahadith, I will be glad to post them.
Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by Empiree: 9:03pm On Nov 09, 2015
AlBaqir:
Yes Aisha was part of the General Ahl al-bayt so also other wives, cousins and prophet's relatives [good or bad]. The only special Ahl al-bayt cleansed from al-rijz were introduced by the Prophet himself in the presence of Aisha, Umm salama and other wives. And they were Ali, Fatima, Hassan and Hussein. Absolutely no story on this!
Special?. Never heard you say that. Aisha(RA) made lots of positive contributions towards the growth of Islam. Hence, Al-bayt , as we are ordained to send blessings on them consist of ALL muslims. Therefore, Abu Lahab is excluded. I would like to see reference to "special" al-bayt mentioned by the prophet.

However, Nabi Nuh believed his biological son was part of his Ahlulbayt. And truly wasn't he? But Allah said he was not part of Nuh's Ahlulbayt because of his bad deeds. Read sura Hud for details.
Yes, he was his biological al-bayt but he was not his through faith. Quran basically concerned about his faith. His son was a kafir. Allah did not say he is not part of al-bayt principally because of his bad deeds. He's rather a kafir.

So being a member of Prophet's Ahlulbayt guarantees nothing. Allah only judges and elevate through Iman and Amal [faith and righteous deed].
Ma sha Allah. That's just it. But Quran does not declare any of his wives kafir. Kufr would have been the first thing to take them out of the fold. And that's exactly what took Abu Lahab out despite been "al-bayt".

Ma sha Allah. These are the ayah. Absolutely these ayah doesn't need any rocket tafsir. The following points are extracted easily:

# Two wives were accused of divulging secret among themselves.

# The two wives planned against their blessed husband

# Allah accused them of having a deviated hearts.
Glad you acknowledged it's both Hafsa and Aisha and not Aisha alone. Besides, Aisha(RA) was not the one the prophet apprised. It was Hafsa who divulged the secret to Aisha(RA). Both Shi'i ans Sunni exegesis unanimously agree.

Here is the thing though, case of Hafsa and Aisha(RA) is way diffenrent from Nabi Nuh and Lut (AS). It is worthy of note, however, that some Qur’an exegeses have mentioned the names of Prophet Noah’s (as) wife and that of Prophet Lot (as) as Walihata and Wali‘ata respectively. At any rate, the two women betrayed the two eminent Prophets (as), though their betrayal did not imply deviation from the path of chastity, since none of the wives of the Prophets (as) were ever unchaste. In the same vein, it is narrated from the Noble Prophet of the Islamic faith that none of the wives of the Prophets (as) were unchaste.

The betrayal of Prophet Lot’s (as) wife was that she conspired with the enemies of her husband and disclosed his domestic secrets unto them. Prophet Noah’s (as) wife acted likewise. In his Mufradat, Raghib says that betrayal (khiyana) and hypocrisy (nifaq) constitute one reality except for the fact that the former is employed against covenant and trust whereas the latter is used in religious affairs. The conformity of the story to the disclosure of the Noble Prophet’s (SAW) domestic secrets reflects that betrayal is connotes the same sense. At any rate, the blessed Verse ruins the unfounded expectations of those who imagine that their relationship with an eminent figure like the Noble Prophet (SAW) may lead to their salvation, despite their impurities and vices

This very part nailed it - bolded part. Prophet was a tolerant man no matter how severe the condition is. Aisha in particular troubled the holy prophet on several occasions to the fact that her father used to reproach her and call her names. An hadith to this effect is given already on this post.
You see, my point is this issue appears to be domestic one. It has little to no effect on Islamic faith itself. Otherwise, Quran would have declared them kufar like other wives.

Did Nabi Nuh, and Nabi Lut divorced their wives? No! Both were still very much with their husband until Allah's punishment rained on them.
But Aisha(RA) lived some 40s yrs after the demise of the prophet(SAW). She aided the cause of Islam till her last breath. Allah did not destroy her and Hafsa and there is no documented evidence to suggest she was humiliated by Allah for divulging secret unlike other prophets's wives. To my knowledge, none.

In short it's an opportunity for them to retrace their bad ways. Yet Umm Mumineen Aisha never backed down. She instigated the first civil war in Islam! Mobilised a huge army and turned two Muslims group against each other. Hundreds of Muslims died.
This is perhaps another topic. Muslims should never fight Muslim. This represents fitna (civil disorder) even though Aisha lost the battle. Despite losing the battle, she remains a revered and honored figure. Some Muslim feminists laud this event as an example of political intervention by a woman, countering the more widespread view that the ill-fated battle demonstrates why women should not be allowed to lead. Traditions of the prophet(SAW) appear to have surfaced after this event that are cited to deter or prevent women from exercising a leadership role. So i really dont see how this even have major impact on Islam as a whole. Remember Fatimah(RA) also quarreled with Abu Bakr(RA) till her death. Does that in anyway has any effect on Islam or diminished credibility of the two?.

Allah Himself gave the example and His example are the best. Here the two wives of the Prophet were reminded of those two condemned wives despite being wives of Allah's best servants. They betrayed the trust of their husbands.

How does this affect Umm Mu'mineen Aisha? Battle of Jamal against Imam Ali. Here's a sahih hadith:

Allamah Nasir deen Al-Albani documents:

Narrated Aboo Sa'id narrated:

We were sitting, waiting for the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him. Then he came to us from the room of one of his wives. So, we stood with him. But his shoe broke, and he appointed Ali to stay behind to repair it. Then, the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, walked and we walked with him. He (the Prophet (saw)) stood up, waiting for him (i.e. Ali) and we stood with him. Then he said: There is among you one who will fight over the ta'wil (interpretation) of this Qur'aan, just as I fought over its tanzil (revelation)."

Each of us wished it was him, and among us were Abu Bakr and Umar. But he (the Prophet (saw)) said: "No. He is only the repairer of the shoe" referring to Ali, may Allah be pleased with him. We went to him (i.e. Ali) to give him the good news. But he responded as though he had earlier heard it."

Footnote: Hadeeth is Saheeh (Authentic).

Source: Al-Silsilah Al-Ahadeeth Al-Saheehah. Vol. 5, Pg. # 639 - 640, H. # 2487

'Ali fought various rebel groups who initiated civil wars within the space of his short 4 years of Khilafah. From the battle of Jamal led by Aisha [wife of the Prophet(s)], Zubair and Talha[prominent companions]; the battle of Siffin led by Mu'awiyah[another sahabi] to the battle of Nahrawan with the Khawarij.

The following are obvious from this Sahih hadith:

1. As the Prophet fought for the revelation of the Quran, so was Ali fought for its [Quran] interpretations.

2. Apparently only Ali knew the right interpretation of the Quran [both the Muhkamt (clear verse) and Mutashabihat (allegorical)] as opposed to those who fought him.

3. Quran talks about those who falsely interpret the Quran to cause fitnah [tribulations]. These are those with disease in their heart, Quran concluded.{surah al-Imran:7}. This is exactly how Aisha was being accused in surah Tahrim: A crooked, deviated heart.

4. Those who sincerely stood with Ali in these battles were on the path of truth/guidance and those who fought them were on the path of falsehood/misguidance [opposing the right interpretation of the Quran]

Allamah al-Albani nailed it with this documentations:

Narrated Abul Abbas Muhammad ibn Yaqoob from Abul Bakhtari Abdullah ibn Muhammad ibn Bishr Al-Abdi from Isma'eel ibn Abi Khalid from Qays ibn Abi Hazim narrated that: A'isha, while speaking about her burial in her house, said: "I invented an innovation after the Messenger of Allah (saw). Bury me with his wives." So, she was buried at Al-Baqi. Al-Hakim: This narration is Saheeh (Authentic) Al-Dhahabi: It is Saheeh (Authentic) by the criteria of Bukhari and Muslim. Source: Al-Mustadrak Alaa Al-Sahihain. Vol. 4, Pg. # 7, H. # 2315/6717

NB: If you want scan pages of these ahadith, I will be glad to post them.
I can n ot confirm authenticity of this narration. I mean by Abul Abbas Muhammad
Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by AlBaqir(m): 4:06pm On Nov 10, 2015
Empiree:
Special?. Never heard you say that. Aisha(RA) made lots of positive contributions towards the growth of Islam. Hence, Al-bayt , as we are ordained to send blessings on them consist of ALL muslims. Therefore, Abu Lahab is excluded. I would like to see reference to "special" al-bayt mentioned by the prophet.

The word "ahl al-bayt" means "household". If we are to go by the meaning alone, all the inhabitants of the house of the Prophet [wives, children, house-helps etc] were his "ahl al-bayt". In fact, Salman al-farsi was included as part of the prophet's ahl al-bayt despite being a non-arab, non-quraish, non-banu Hashim.

The arabs goes further to include all blood relations of a man as part of his ahl al-bayt. That's why you see some ahadith where the children of Abbas, Aqil, Jafar were counted as Prophet's household.

However, when it comes to: 1. Verse of purification, 2. Verse of Mubahala, 3. Hadith Thaqalain and 4. Hadith Khalifatain, the holy prophet himself specialized some individuals from the whole bulk of the so-called "Ahl al-bayt". This is what I refer as "special Ahl al-bayt"

Ref 1: Verse of Purification

Imam al-Tirmidhi documents:

Umar ibn Abi salamah, the dependent of the prophet, peace be upon him:

When this verse {Allah intends but only to keep impurity away all from you, O Ahl al-bayt, and to purify you absolutely} was revealed upon the prophet, peace be upon him, in the house of Umm salamah, he called Fatima, Hassan, and Hussayn and spread a clock over them while Ali was behind him. Then, he covered them with a clock. Then, he said, "O Allah! These are my Ahl al-bayt. So keep impurity away from them and purify them absolutely."

Umm salama said, "Am I with them, O prophet of Allah? He replied, "You are upon your place and you are upon a good thing."

Allamah al-Albani comments: Sahih

Ref: al-Jami al-Sahih Sunan al-Tirmidhi, [annotator: Nasir din al-Albani], vol. 5, p. 351, #3205.

Imam al-Hakim also document this same hadith in his {al-Mustadrak ala al-Sahihain, vol. 3, p.158, #4705}

Furthermore, Imam Muslim records:

Aisha reported that Allah's apostle went out one morning wearing a stripped cloak of the black camel's hair, then there came Hasan b. Ali. He wrapped him under it, then came Hussein and he wrapped him under it along the other one (Hassan). Then came Fatima and he took her under it, then came Ali and he also took him under it and then said: {Allah intends but only to keep impurity away all from you, O Ahl al-bayt, and to purify you absolutely}

Ref: Sahih Muslim, vol.4, p.1883, #2424 (61)
www.sunnah.com/muslim/44
NB: interestingly, this is the ONLY hadith under the chapter of the merit of Ahl al-bayt in Sahih Muslim.

Observe: This verse {Allah intends but only to keep impurity away all from you, O Ahl al-bayt, and to purify you absolutely} was revealed ALONE, recited ALONE but as per arrangement today, it occupies verse 33 of sura Ahzab within the context where Allah address the wives of the Prophet.

Ref. 2: Verse of Mubahala

{So, if someone argues with you in this (matter) after what has come to you of the knowledge, say (O Muhammad), "come let us call our sons and your sons, OUR WOMEN and your women, ourselves and yourselves, then (let us) pray and invoke the curse of Allah upon the liars."} [Sura Aal-Imran:60-62]

Imam al-Hakim (d. 403H) records:

There have been Mutawattir [successive sahih narration] reports in the Tafsir Books from Abd Allah b. Abbas and others that the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, on the day of al-Mubahala, held the hands of Ali, Hassan, Hussein, and they positioned Fatima behind them. Then he said, "These are our sons, ourselves and our women, so bring yourselves, your sons and your women. Then we do Mubahala and place curse of Allah upon the liars (among us)"

Ref: kitab Ma'rifah Ulum al-hadith, [4th edition, 1400H; Beirut], pg. 50.

Imam Muslim also records:

Amir b. Sa'd b. Abi Waqqas reported on the authority of his father that Mu'awiyah b. Abi Sufyan appointed Sa'd as the Governor and said:

What prevents you from cursing Abu Turab [nickname of Ali], whereupon he said: It is because of three things which I remember Allah's Messenger having said about him that I would not abuse him...

(The third occasion is) when the verse was revealed: ...come let us call our sons and your sons..." Allah's Messenger called 'Ali, Fatima, Hassan and Hussein and said: O Allah, these are my Ahl (household).

Ref: Sahih Muslim 2404 d. In book ref: book 44, hadith 50; book 31, hadith 5915.

NB: Interestingly, the word "Nisa'ana" is in plural form and primarily according 90% references in the Qur'an, it refer to the wives of the Prophet (e.g see surah Ahzab). Alas! Prophet never took along ANY of his wives. This ayah was revealed in the 9th Hijri, a year after the demise of the Prophet when he challenged the Christians of Najran.

Ref 3: Hadith Thaqalain

The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: "I am leaving behind over you the Two Weighty Things (al-Thaqalain): the Book of Allah and my offspring, Ahl al-bayt. Verily, both shall never separate from each other until they meet me at the lake-fount."

Sheik Shuaib al-Arnaut comments: Sahih
{Al-Tabarani, Mu'jam al-Kabir, vol. 5, p. 169, #4980}

This hadith is Mutawattir. It is documented by Nasa,i, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, al-Albani et al.

So, Empiree this are the "special Ahl al-bayt". If you need more references, I will be more than glad to furnish you with them.

# And these (ahl al-bayt) are the one you are commanded to send salawat upon. That's why Imam al-Bukhari used the "alaihim salam" for Ali, Fatima, Hassan and Hussain, and Ali ibn Hussain.

Empiree:

Yes, he was his biological al-bayt but he was not his through faith. Quran basically concerned about his faith. His son was a kafir. Allah did not say he is not part of al-bayt principally because of his bad deeds. He's rather a kafir.

First, there is no indication anywhere that the son of Nuh was a polytheist (Kafir) unless you use the word "kafir" as "rejecter of truth". And he was removed from the "ahl al-bayt" of Nuh because of his bad deeds.

Quran surah al-Anbiya: 76 reads:

"And Noah, when he cried (to Us) aforetime: We listened to his (prayers). And delivered him and his household from great distress"

Sura Hud: 41-46 kindly read those ayah. Verse 45-46 read:

"And Noah called upon his Lord, and said: 'O my Lord! Surely my son is of my household! And Thy promise is true...

He (Allah) said: "O Noah! He is not of thy household for his conduct is unrighteous. So ask not of Me that of which thou hast no knowledge..."

Empiree:

Ma sha Allah. That's just it. But Quran does not declare any of his wives kafir. Kufr would have been the first thing to take them out of the fold. And that's exactly what took Abu Lahab out despite been "al-bayt".

No. The word "Kufr" does not necessarily mean "polytheism". In fact, according to Quran (sura Hajj), Allah uses the word "Kufr" for "ungratefulness".

Kufr has stages. The worst stage is polytheism.

Empiree:

Glad you acknowledged it's both Hafsa and Aisha and not Aisha alone. Besides, Aisha(RA) was not the one the prophet apprised. It was Hafsa who divulged the secret to Aisha(RA). Both Shi'i ans Sunni exegesis unanimously agree.

Both obviously Allah accused both of them of the 4 charges. Quran is clear. Apologetics are just seeking various excuses.

Empiree:

Here is the thing though, case of Hafsa and Aisha(RA) is way diffenrent from Nabi Nuh and Lut (AS). It is worthy of note, however, that some Qur’an exegeses have mentioned the names of Prophet Noah’s (as) wife and that of Prophet Lot (as) as Walihata and Wali‘ata respectively. At any rate, the two women betrayed the two eminent Prophets (as), though their betrayal did not imply deviation from the path of chastity, since none of the wives of the Prophets (as) were ever unchaste. In the same vein, it is narrated from the Noble Prophet of the Islamic faith that none of the wives of the Prophets (as) were unchaste.

First, we are not talking about Chastity here. We talk about bad deeds and deviated hearts and lack of virtues. These are what Aisha and Hafsa were accused of.

Second, mentioning the examples of Prophet Nuh and Prophet Lut's wives is an emphatic reminder that being wives of the Prophet matter not. Only Iman and Amal salih (faith and good deeds) are the keys to salvation.

Third, Allah says those wives (of Lut and Nuh) betrayed their husbands. This was exactly what Aisha did instigating the first civil war in Islam against Ali (alaihim salam). There are lots of Sihah ahadith where Umm salamah warned her never to participate in the war against Ali. But she refused even despite the clear verse: {And stay in your houses (O wives of the Prophet), and do not display yourselves like that of the time of ignorance}.
She was obviously fighting against the tawil of the Quran (as Sihah ahadith) exposed.

Fourth, Allah also mentioned in the surah examples of Maryam and Aasiah. Aasiah being the wife of a damned Pharaoh never meant she followed evil. She choosed the righteous path.

So all those examples were cited to warn, to awake lest Aisha and Hafsa (and others) learn.

Empiree, this is the bitter truth. Only the truth seeker can embrace it.

Empiree:

The betrayal of Prophet Lot’s (as) wife was that she conspired with the enemies of her husband and disclosed his domestic secrets unto them. Prophet Noah’s (as) wife acted likewise. In his Mufradat, Raghib says that betrayal (khiyana) and hypocrisy (nifaq) constitute one reality except for the fact that the former is employed against covenant and trust whereas the latter is used in religious affairs. The conformity of the story to the disclosure of the Noble Prophet’s (SAW) domestic secrets reflects that betrayal is connotes the same sense. At any rate, the blessed Verse ruins the unfounded expectations of those who imagine that their relationship with an eminent figure like the Noble Prophet (SAW) may lead to their salvation, despite their impurities and vices

Absolutely correct. And this explain the worst of the betrayal: fighting against Quran and Ahl al-bayt (Ali). And in the process, splitting the blood of innocents Muslims. That is Fitnah!

Empiree:

You see, my point is this issue appears to be domestic one. It has little to no effect on Islamic faith itself. Otherwise, Quran would have declared them kufar like other wives.

Domestic? Can Deviation of heart from truth be termed "Domestic?"

# The implication was the Battle of Jamal, the first civil war in Islam. Only deviated hearts fight against the Tawil of the Quran and Ahl al-bayt (The two weighty things left by the Prophet)

# The first civil war instigated by Umm Muminin paved way for the 2nd, 3rd civil wars and other fatal wars in Islamic history.

Empiree:

But Aisha(RA) lived some 40s yrs after the demise of the prophet(SAW). She aided the cause of Islam till her last breath. Allah did not destroy her and Hafsa and there is no documented evidence to suggest she was humiliated by Allah for divulging secret unlike other prophets's wives. To my knowledge, none.

So her instigating Battle of Jamal where hundreds of her "spiritual sons (believers)" died is termed "aided the cause of Islam?" Empiree?!

Empiree:

Some Muslim feminists laud this event as an example of political intervention by a woman, countering the more widespread view that the ill-fated battle demonstrates why women should not be allowed to lead. Traditions of the prophet(SAW) appear to have surfaced after this event that are cited to deter or prevent women from exercising a leadership role. So i really dont see how this even have major impact on Islam as a whole. Remember Fatimah(RA) also quarreled with Abu Bakr(RA) till her death. Does that in anyway has any effect on Islam or diminished credibility of the two?.

It does at greater lenght my friend. Yes, At greater length. In fact, it was part of the genesis of all evil we have till today.

Prophet said: "Fatima is part of me, and I am part of Fatima; whoever angers her, angers me" [hadith Sahih]

Empiree:

I can n ot confirm authenticity of this narration. I mean by Abul Abbas Muhammad

The two ahadith are Sahih. Sahih, Sahih.
Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by Empiree: 7:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
AlBaqir:
[size=3pt]The word "ahl al-bayt" means "household". If we are to go by the meaning alone, all the inhabitants of the house of the Prophet [wives, children, house-helps etc] were his "ahl al-bayt". In fact, Salman al-farsi was included as part of the prophet's ahl al-bayt despite being a non-arab, non-quraish, non-banu Hashim.

Umar ibn Abi salamah, the dependent of the prophet, peace be upon him:

When this verse {Allah intends but only to keep impurity away all from you, O Ahl al-bayt, and to purify you absolutely} was revealed upon the prophet, peace be upon him, in the house of Umm salamah, he called Fatima, Hassan, and Hussayn and spread a clock over them while Ali was behind him. Then, he covered them with a clock. Then, he said, "O Allah! These are my Ahl al-bayt. So keep impurity away from them and purify them absolutely."

Furthermore, Imam Muslim records:

Aisha reported that Allah's apostle went out one morning wearing a stripped cloak of the black camel's hair, then there came Hasan b. Ali. He wrapped him under it, then came Hussein and he wrapped him under it along the other one (Hassan). Then came Fatima and he took her under it, then came Ali and he also took him under it and then said: {Allah intends but only to keep impurity away all from you, O Ahl al-bayt, and to purify you absolutely}[/size]
Alright, I guess this is detailed enough.

First, there is no indication anywhere that the son of Nuh was a polytheist (Kafir) unless you use the word "kafir" as "rejecter of truth". And he was removed from the "ahl al-bayt" of Nuh because of his bad deeds.

Quran surah al-Anbiya: 76 reads:

"And Noah, when he cried (to Us) aforetime: We listened to his (prayers). And delivered him and his household from great distress"

Sura Hud: 41-46 kindly read those ayah. Verse 45-46 read:

"And Noah called upon his Lord, and said: 'O my Lord! Surely my son is of my household! And Thy promise is true...

He (Allah) said: "O Noah! He is not of thy household for his conduct is unrighteous. So ask not of Me that of which thou hast no knowledge..."
True. But the same phrase is used for Jews as well at some point but they are non believers. Reading the story of Nabi Nuh (AS), if we put everything in perspective or proper context, it's obvious his son was a rejecter of faith. We know Nabi Nuh(AS) preached to his people for hundreds of year to no avail but handful heeded his call. In the context of Quran, his primary message was tawhid. Kufr could also mean bad deeds.

Allah revealed to Nuh(AS) after he pled to Him(SWT) to safe his son:

"When our command came, and the oven gushed forth, We said: "Carry a pair of every living animal and your family onto the ark except those against whom the command has been issued. (And carry) those who have believed." Very few believed (in Allah) with him.(11:40)

This verse ^ indicates that Allah (SWT) had informed Nuh (AS) that he should make his family embark the ark and that all of them were not going to be saved because Allah's punishment had already been decreed for some. Nuh (AS) had earlier lost hope in his wife embracing the faith because of her kufr beliefs and regarded her to be the touchstone of the above-mentioned verse. Due to the paternal love which he harboured for his son, he expected him to board the ship and embrace the faith after benefiting from the company of the believers. Therefore Nuh (AS) made dua to Allah on behalf of his son, taking advantage of the words "your family" mentioned in the verse. Allah (SWT) did not like the deduction of Nuh (AS) by analogy without waiting for divine revelation. His son was a disbeliever and would remain in this condition. The promise of rescue was only for the believers. This request was thus not in keeping with the lofty rank of prophethood. Allah's address to Nuh (AS) was in reality not a reproach but a call to witness the reality to which he responded, acknowledged his being human and sought forgiveness. Hence this request was neither a sin nor does it contradict the sinlessness (ismat) of the messengers. Therefore divine revelation has termed it ignorance rather than sin or disobedience.

Nonetheless it became apparent to Nuh (AS) that the promise of rescue was based on Iman and not family relations. Therefore he turned to his son in order to fulfil his task of dawah so that he could also be saved. Alas, the wretched son answered:

[size=13pt]"I will seek refuge on a mountain which will protect me from the water."[/size] (11:43)

Upon hearing this, Nuh (Alaihis Salaam) said:

"Today there is no protector from the command of Allah except the one whom He has mercy on." A wave intervened and he was drowned. (11:43)

My point is his son is a non believer. Hence, he was not part of al-bayt in that sense. But Hafsa and Aisha remain al-bayt to be blessed maybe not just "special" ones.

No. The word "Kufr" does not necessarily mean "polytheism". In fact, according to Quran (sura Hajj), Allah uses the word "Kufr" for "ungratefulness".

Kufr has stages. The worst stage is polytheism.
^^

Both obviously Allah accused both of them of the 4 charges. Quran is clear. Apologetics are just seeking various excuses.
The fact that Allah revered his wives is indication of righteousness and trustworthiness but doesn't exempt them from misdeeds. We also need to review when the incident took place, is it before the verse where Allah praised prophet's wives was revealed or after. Here is the verse.

The Prophet is closer to the believers than their ownselves, and his wives are as their mothers. (Qur'an: 33:6)

Also remember slander against Aisha(RA), it was Allah's revelation that exonerated her. If she was all that bad as portrayed by you, i dont think she would have such high status with Allah. Even at that, Aisha forgave those who had let themselves be caught in the slander and in later years would not hear anything bad said about them. The fact that Aisha' s honor and reputation had been protected by a revelation from Allah could not be ignored by anyone, and from then on everyone was more aware of her high station with Allah. It was also during the course of Aisha's marriage with the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) that the Muslim expanded so rapidly that Mecca was eventually conquered by the Muslim army, and preparations were made for the first of the many battles that were successfully fought against the Greeks and the Persians after the letters from Muhammad inviting Heraclius and Choroes to embrace Islam and worship Allah alone had been contemptuously ignored. See Quran 24:11

First, we are not talking about Chastity here. We talk about bad deeds and deviated hearts and lack of virtues. These are what Aisha and Hafsa were accused of.

Second, mentioning the examples of Prophet Nuh and Prophet Lut's wives is an emphatic reminder that being wives of the Prophet matter not. Only Iman and Amal salih (faith and good deeds) are the keys to salvation.
Again, I iterate that despite gravity of their deeds, it is more of domestic issue. I do not think it has anything to do with interpretation of Quran. You have not provide sound evidence for that. That incident seems to come later after the prophet. So the hullabaloo btw Aisha and Ali (RA) could not have had anything to do with betraying the prophet. But their misdeeds Quran is talking about was reported variably in Quran exegeses. They gave different account of the incident since Quran does not mention exactly what it was.

Ibn Khatir reported in his tafsir: [b]Indeed on one occasion, the Prophet's wives, led by 'A'isha and Hafsa, asked him for some money that he did not have for there was never one night that he lay down to sleep with any money in his possession. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) was distressed by this not because he did not have the money to give to them, but rather because it was this that apparently they desired. At this time, both Abu Bakr and Umar visited him and they found the Messenger of Allah seated, surrounded by his wives who were all silent. Abu Bakr said to himself, "By Allah, I will say something to cheer up the Messenger of Allah!' So he said, "Messenger of Allah, if I were to see the daughter of Kharija asking me for money, I would strike her on the neck!" The Messenger of Allah smiled and said, 'These ones you see around me have asked me for money." So Abu Bakr went to grab A'isha and Umar went to grab Hafsa, both exclaiming, "DO you ask the Messenger of Allah for something he does not have!" The women said, "By Allah, we would never ask the Messenger of Allah for something he does not have!"[/b]

This was not the only marital problem which he experienced at this time. There was a great deal of rivalry between some of the wives and also Hafsa had told A'isha something which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) had told her not to disclose because it was something which would increase the friction between the wives. Some sources say that he had told her that Abu Bakr and Umar would rule after him. In any case, he stayed away from them for a whole month, during which many of his Companions began to think either that he was going to divorce them or that he had already done so.

IT is related by Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) that he went to visit the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) who was staying alone in a small upper room, in order to find out what was happening. First of all he visited his daughter Hafsa, who was weeping, and asked her if the Prophet had divorced his wives. "I don't know," she sobbed. Then he went and asked to see the Prophet. After he had been given permission to enter, Umar climbed up the ladder and into the small room: "I visited Allah's Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and he was lying on a mat. I saw down and he drew up his lower garment over him. He had nothing else on, and the mat had left its marks on his sides. I looked around at what stores Allah's Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) had, and saw only a handful of barley equal to one sa' and an equal amount of mimosa leaves in the corner of the room and tanned leather bag handing nearby, and I as moved to tears. HE said, 'Ibn al Khattab, what is making you cry?' I replied, 'O Messenger of Allah, how can I not cry? This mat has left marks on your sides and I can only see what I have seen of your stores. Caesar and Chosroes are leading their lives of plenty, while you are the Messenger of Allah, His Chosen One, and look what you have!' 'Ibn al Khattab,' he answered, 'isn't it enough for you that for us there is the next world, and for them there is this world?' 'Yes,' I said. Then I said, 'O Messenger of Allah, what has happened with your wives? If you have divorced them, then truly Allah is with you, and His angels, Jibril and Mika'il, and Abu Bakr and I and the believers are with you.' And seldom have I talked like that and hoped that Allah would testify to the words that I uttered. And so it happened that the ayahs of choice were revealed:

If you both turn to Allah in repentance, then that is what your hearts desire; and if you help each other against him then surely Allah Himself is his protector, and Jibril, and the righteous from among the believers, and as well as that, the angels will help him. It maybe, if he divorces you, that his Lord will give him wives who are better than you, who submit, who believe, who are devout, who are repentant, who worship, who fast, whether they have been previously married or are virgins. (Quran 66:4-5)

In fact the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) never divorced any of his wives, and as we grow more aware about how they lived, may Allah be pleased with all of them, it is clear that they possessed all of the qualities of the women described in the last ayat. Perhaps this ayat served as a reminder to them, a reminder that they would remember for the rest of their days which for most of them lasted long after the Prophet's (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) death.

Returning to Sayyiduna Umar's account of his visit to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) during the month of separation from his wives, Umar then asked, "O Messenger of Allah, have you divorced them?" and he replied, "No." So after talking for a while longer and how in Mecca the men tended to dominate the women, whereas in Medina the women tended to dominate the men, which is what the womenfolk from Mecca had learned to do after they had made hijrah to Medina - Umar climbed down and stood at the door of the mosque and called out at the top of his voice: "The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) has not divorced his wives!" After the month was up, the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) first went to A'isha's room. She was delighted to see him, but grew more serious when he said that some ayahs had been revealed to him which required him to put two options before her. "Do not make a hasty decision," he said, "and consult your parents first." He then recited these verses:

O Prophet, say to your wives: 'If you desire the life of this world and its adornments, then come, and I will make you content, and I will release you with a fair release. But if you desire Allah and His Messenger and the abode of the next world, then truly Allah has prepared an immense reward for those of you who do good.' (Quran 33:28-29)

"Is there any need to consult my parents?" replied A'isha. "Indeed I desire Allah and His Messenger and the abode of the next world." And her response was followed by all of his other wives. A'isha remained true to her word both during the lifetime of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and afterwards. Once, when the Muslims were favored with great wealth, she as given a gift of one hundred thousand Dhirhams. She was fasting when she received the money, and distall of it to the poor and needy, even though she had no provisions in her house. Shortly after that, her maid servant said to her, "Couldn't you have brought a dirham's worth of meat with which to break your fast?" "If I had thought of it," she replied, "I would have done so!"

So albaqir, I do not think what Allah accused them of had anything to do with interpretation of Quran. Read the verse again, it seems to world about worldly matters.

O Prophet, say to your wives: 'If you desire the life of this world and its adornments, then come, and I will make you content, and I will release you with a fair release. But if you desire Allah and His Messenger and the abode of the next world, then truly Allah has prepared an immense reward for those of you who do good.' (Quran 33:28-29)

Third, Allah says those wives (of Lut and Nuh) betrayed their husbands. This was exactly what Aisha did instigating the first civil war in Islam against Ali (alaihim salam). There are lots of Sihah ahadith where Umm salamah warned her never to participate in the war against Ali. But she refused even despite the clear verse: {And stay in your houses (O wives of the Prophet), and do not display yourselves like that of the time of ignorance}. She was obviously fighting against the tawil of the Quran (as Sihah ahadith) exposed.
@ underlined, I disagree. If it was about interpretation of Quran which came much later after the demise of the prophet according to you, why would prophet secretly informed Hafsa of "interpretation of Quran" which was later divulged to Aisha. I doubt that. It must have been worldly matters as the verse suggested.

Domestic? Can Deviation of heart from truth be termed "Domestic?"

# The implication was the Battle of Jamal, the first civil war in Islam. Only deviated hearts fight against the Tawil of the Quran and Ahl al-bayt (The two weighty things left by the Prophet)

# The first civil war instigated by Umm Muminin paved way for the 2nd, 3rd civil wars and other fatal wars in Islamic history.
I think you stretched the scope of verse of Quran to include battles that occurred much later after the prophet long gone. If it was about incident that would impact Islam negatively, Aisha and Hafsa(RA) would have faced same predicaments like the wives of Nabi Nuh and Nabi Lut(AS).

So her instigating Battle of Jamal where hundreds of her "spiritual sons (believers)" died is termed "aided the cause of Islam?" Emp.iree?!
The battle she was accused of instigating would have to be another subject matter. I believe you mixed it up with allegation(s) the Quran levied against them.
Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by AlBaqir(m): 11:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
Empiree:
Alright, I guess this is detailed enough.

Alhamdulillah that we have a conclusion here. I forgot to quote the "Hadith Khalifatain (Two Khalifahs)". The hadith is very similar to "Hadith Thaqalain", only that the Prophet [peace be upon him and his progeny] instead of using the word "Thaqalain" this time, he uses "Khalifatain". And the hadith is also Sahih, reported by Imam Ahmad in his Musnad, Imam Hakim et al and al-Albani also documents it in his Silsilah ahadithSahihah. If you don't get it, I will quote it with its refs.

So what's your view on "Hadith Thaqalain", and "Hadith Khalifatain?"

Empiree:

True. But the same phrase is used for Jews as well at some point but they are non believers. Reading the story of Nabi Nuh (AS), if we put everything in perspective or proper context, it's obvious his son was a rejecter of faith. We know Nabi Nuh(AS) preached to his people for hundreds of year to no avail but handful heeded his call. In the context of Quran, his primary message was tawhid. Kufr could also mean bad deeds.

Allah revealed to Nuh(AS) after he pled to Him(SWT) to safe his son:

"When our command came, and the oven gushed forth, We said: "Carry a pair of every living animal and your family onto the ark except those against whom the command has been issued. (And carry) those who have believed." Very few believed (in Allah) with him.(11:40)

This verse ^ indicates that Allah (SWT) had informed Nuh (AS) that he should make his family embark the ark and that all of them were not going to be saved because Allah's punishment had already been decreed for some. Nuh (AS) had earlier lost hope in his wife embracing the faith because of her kufr beliefs and regarded her to be the touchstone of the above-mentioned verse. Due to the paternal love which he harboured for his son, he expected him to board the ship and embrace the faith after benefiting from the company of the believers. Therefore Nuh (AS) made dua to Allah on behalf of his son, taking advantage of the words "your family" mentioned in the verse. Allah (SWT) did not like the deduction of Nuh (AS) by analogy without waiting for divine revelation. His son was a disbeliever and would remain in this condition. The promise of rescue was only for the believers. This request was thus not in keeping with the lofty rank of prophethood. Allah's address to Nuh (AS) was in reality not a reproach but a call to witness the reality to which he responded, acknowledged his being human and sought forgiveness. Hence this request was neither a sin nor does it contradict the sinlessness (ismat) of the messengers. Therefore divine revelation has termed it ignorance rather than sin or disobedience.

Nonetheless it became apparent to Nuh (AS) that the promise of rescue was based on Iman and not family relations. Therefore he turned to his son in order to fulfil his task of dawah so that he could also be saved. Alas, the wretched son answered:

[size=13pt]"I will seek refuge on a mountain which will protect me from the water."[/size] (11:43)

Upon hearing this, Nuh (Alaihis Salaam) said:

"Today there is no protector from the command of Allah except the one whom He has mercy on." A wave intervened and he was drowned. (11:43)

My point is his son is a non believer. Hence, he was not part of al-bayt in that sense. But Hafsa and Aisha remain al-bayt to be blessed maybe not just "special" ones.

My brother, the bottom line is Allah removed Nuh's son from his Ahl al-bayt because of his misconduct.

However, there is something you failed to grasped. There were Munafiqun, Shayatin [from among the Jinn and Men] and Shaitan himself, in the Ark of Noah, the Ark of salvation. Allah saved them. The immediate requirement then is to enter the Ark (of Noah, the Ark of Salvation). Whether you believed in him or not doesn't really matter. Hence those who are fearful of Allah's wrath [true or false, at least for the benefit of doubt] entered the Ark. That's why Hypocrisy [profession of belief by mouth only but having disbelief in the heart] is worst in the sight of Allah than Kufr [open disbelief].

Empiree:

The fact that Allah revered his wives is indication of righteousness and trustworthiness but doesn't exempt them from misdeeds. We also need to review when the incident took place, is it before the verse where Allah praised prophet's wives was revealed or after. Here is the verse.

The Prophet is closer to the believers than their ownselves, and his wives are as their mothers. (Qur'an: 33:6)

@underline, if you are trustworthy and work righteously, there is no room for misdeeds?! Obviously as you are being convinced on one hand, you are also by all means looking for excuses.

The ayah {and his wives are as their mothers} does not in anyway proved or confirmed their "righteousness and trustworthiness". All the Mufassirs [Sunni and Shi'i] unanimously agreed the verse confirmed:

# Respect for them
Imagine, even if one's mother is a POLYTHEIST, it is a must to give her all the due respect. But does this "respect" indicate her righteousness and trustworthiness or guarantee salvation? No.

Imam Ali [alaihim salam] after he won the battle of Jamal, it narrated in Shi'i traditions through Sahih Sanad that some of his soldiers were demanding for War booty [which basically include the widow of their Prophet - Aisha]. Imam pretended he never heard those words. But after persistent repeatition by this soldiers, Imam answered them with a heart piercing word: "which of you will take Umm al-Mumineen as part of his share?" {'Ilal al-Sharai [Najaf: al-Maktabah al-Haydariyah; 1386H], vol.2, p.603, #69}.

Ayatullah al-Muhsin says about the hadith: Mu'tabarah (Reliable).

So, its about respect for our "Spiritual Mother". All the wives of the holy Prophet, with no exception, shared this title "Umm al-Mumineen".

# They can never be married by the Muslims.

Ayatullah Makarim al-Shirazi explains:

"As for the issue of the wives of the Prophet, peace be upon him and his family, even though they are not biological mothers (to the believers), except that they are spiritual mothers, derived from the rank and honour of the Prophet, peace be upon him and his family. It is obligatory to honour them as mothers. When we see that the Quran has forbidden marriage to the wives of the Prophet, peace be upon him and his family, in the previous verse, this is another instance of respect to them and respect to the Prophet, peace be upon him and his family." {Nasir Makarim al-Shirazi, al-Amthal fi Tafsir Kitab Allah al-Munzal, vol.13, p.171}

Allamah al-Tabatabai (d. 1412H) explains:

"His statement {and his wives are their mothers} is a legal status, that is, they (the wives of the Prophet) are to them (i.e the believers) of the status of their mothers, in terms of the obligatoriness of honouring them and the prohibition of marrying them after the Prophet, peace be upon him and his family."
{Muhammad Hussayn al-Tabatabai, al-Mizan fi Tafsir al-Quran (Qum: Manshurat Jama'at al-Mudarisin fi al-Hawzah al-Ilmiyyah), vol.16, p.277

Shayk al-Tabarsi (d. 548H) has this input too:

"{and his wives are their mothers} the meaning is that they are to the believers like mothers in terms of dignity and prohibition of marriage. They are not to them biological mothers.}
[Majma al-Bayan fi Tafsir al-Quran, vol.8, p.122].

Empiree:

Also remember slander against Aisha(RA), it was Allah's revelation that exonerated her. If she was all that bad as portrayed by you, i dont think she would have such high status with Allah. Even at that, Aisha forgave those who had let themselves be caught in the slander and in later years would not hear anything bad said about them. The fact that Aisha' s honor and reputation had been protected by a revelation from Allah could not be ignored by anyone, and from then on everyone was more aware of her high station with Allah. It was also during the course of Aisha's marriage with the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) that the Muslim expanded so rapidly that Mecca was eventually conquered by the Muslim army, and preparations were made for the first of the many battles that were successfully fought against the Greeks and the Persians after the letters from Muhammad inviting Heraclius and Choroes to embrace Islam and worship Allah alone had been contemptuously ignored. See Quran 24:11

@Underlined, I have never "painted" her bad, brother. All my points are derived from the Quran and Sahih ahadith. So please do not take this issue derived on wrong accusations.

# As per slander against Aisha, Allah never side hypocrisy and injustice. The exoneration is necessary for the status of the Prophet, Islam and Aisha herself. This put a stop to the false campaign of the Munafiq, among whom were the companions of the Prophet themselves.
Read surah Ibrahim, Allah "defended" Shaitan of the charges people of Hell will accused him of. That it was his fault that their abode is hell. Shaitan will say: I only invite (never forced them) and they heed my call(on free volition).

# Aisha NEVER forgive the companions who master-minded the slander against her. In fact there are Sahih Ahadith whereby she named many of them among whom was Hassan Ibn Thabit, Prophet's poet. And obviously she had the right not to. And according to Sunni sahih hadith, her hatred of Imam Ali [alaihim salam] started when Ali advices the Prophet to ask and confirm what actually transpired [about the story of ifk] from Aisha's maid-servant. Ahadith further revealed nearly all the sahaba around then said the same.

# Lastly, it is very amusing how you are trying to portray the "fruitfulness of Aisha's Marriage with the Prophet" with all the success of Islam, above there grin That is too cheap brother. The union has NOTHING to do with the growth of Islam. {It is He who has sent His messenger with guidance and the religion of truth in order to proclaim it over all religion even if the unbelievers averse to it}[Quran].

* When Bibi Khadijah [alaiha salam] died, it took Prophet 2-3years before he remarried. And Aisha was the 2nd or 3rd wife he married [after Bibi Khadijah] and obviously she was never the last he married. Her marriage took place in the 2nd year Hijrah, why don't you praise other marriages that took place thereafter as the source of Islamic success?

* Besides, Aisha herself reported that she has never been jealous of any woman than Khadijah though she never met her. She revealed that Prophet used to talk about her often and often to the fact that she (Aisha) protest that "what do you see in that old red-gummed woman, after all Allah had given you better wives?! She said Prophet was angered by this word and said: "By Allah! She (Khadijah) believed in me when others deserted me! She helped me when people denied me (of their wealth)! And through her Allah blessed me with children!" [hadith Sahih].

NB: You don't wanna read about Aisha's extreme jealous. Plentiful in Sunni reference books. BITTER STORIES.

Empiree:

Again, I iterate that despite gravity of their deeds, it is more of domestic issue. I do not think it has anything to do with interpretation of Quran. You have not provide sound evidence for that. That incident seems to come later after the prophet. So the hullabaloo btw Aisha and Ali (RA) could not have had anything to do with betraying the prophet. But their misdeeds Quran is talking about was reported variably in Quran exegeses. They gave different account of the incident since Quran does not mention exactly what it was.

# Domestic?! That is your view. Several other "domestic issues" happened that never made Quranic headlines! Allah's view is different and the issue is serious in His sight; hence, the headlines in the Quran. And for accusing her of having a Zaghat heart is an indication of its severity. This is a house that is the centre of Islamic world, Islamic future, Islamic heritage and legacies. If anything goes wrong there, it affect the future of Islam. The warnings in this surah is to prevent future fitnah.

# When Allah and His Prophet made it an order for the wives of the Prophet to permanently stay indoor [to the extent some of the wives revealed that their last Hajj was the last Hajj they participated with the Prophet], tell me how that was not disobedience to Allah and His prophet?! Tell me how that was not betrayal? Sunni Ulamas labored and labored to find excuses for Aisha on this explicit verse, but the Ayah rein supreme.

# @underlined, its obvious you don't understand or digest the context where I used "interpretation of the Quran".
I have given you hadith Sahih where the Prophet declared that Ali will fight, after him, for the interpretation (Tawil) of the Quran. And I cited Quran 3:7 that none except "those who have diseases in their hearts" hide under certain meaning of Mutashabihat verses of the Quran to cause fitnah.

* Aisha, Talha and Zubair wage war against their legitimate Khalifah, Ali. It is obvious they waged war against the Tawil of the Quran. And it is obvious they have diseases in their heart.

* Hence, further confirmation of surah Tahrim where Allah accused Aisha of having a Zaghat heart. Obviously the disease [deviated heart] still remained and has increased.

Empiree:

Am sorry dear brother. All the stories (Tafsir Ibn Kathir) and others to mellow this explicit ayah is unnecessary. The ayah is too explicit in its meaning.

Empiree:

@ underlined, I disagree. If it was about interpretation of Quran which came much later after the demise of the prophet according to you, why would prophet secretly informed Hafsa of "interpretation of Quran" which was later divulged to Aisha. I doubt that. It must have been worldly matters as the verse suggested.

I think you stretched the scope of verse of Quran to include battles that occurred much later after the prophet long gone. If it was about incident that would impact Islam negatively, Aisha and Hafsa(RA) would have faced same predicaments like the wives of Nabi Nuh and Nabi Lut(AS).

The battle she was accused of instigating would have to be another subject matter. I believe you mixed it up with allegation(s) the Quran levied against them.

Am sorry it is you that do not understand my submissions. Forgive me of not explaining properly.

Those ayah in Question are about "Deviated heart (from the truth)". Thereby all the accusations in the surah fitted like gloves: Planing against the Prophet, divulging secret,,not having essential virtues compare to other women out there. In fact that's why another ayah addressed the wives of the Prophet {...you are not like ordinary woman provided you have Taqwa}.

If such crooked heart is not treated and depented, it will cause more than "domestic problem"; and that was exactly what happened in the case of Umm al-Mumineen Aisha, after the demise of her blessed husband.

*NB: Surah Ahzab was revealed before Surah Tahrim. In fact surah Ahzab was revealed in the 5A.H The surah got its name from the battle of Ahzab [parties] popularly known as Battle of Khandaq [trench]. Allah talks about the battle in this Surah. This was the battle whereby the Mushriqun, the Munafiqun, the evil Jews teamed up against the Prophet and Islam, hence it is called "Battle of parties".

So, despite all the admonitions in Surah Ahzab, Aisha continue till surah Tahrim [which was revealed much later] was revealed.
Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by Empiree: 7:43pm On Nov 11, 2015
AlBaqir:

Alhamdulillah that we have a conclusion here. [size=3pt]I forgot to quote the "Hadith Khalifatain (Two Khalifahs)". The hadith is very similar to "Hadith Thaqalain", only that the Prophet [peace be upon him and his progeny] instead of using the word "Thaqalain" this time, he uses "Khalifatain". And the hadith is also Sahih, reported by Imam Ahmad in his Musnad, Imam Hakim et al and al-Albani also documents it in his Silsilah ahadithSahihah. If you don't get it, I will quote it with its refs.[/size]
Lol.....not that I concluded per se. I wanted to not drag it. I believe Shia record in your presentation earlier, to me, it's rather verson of their tafsir.

Allow Me To Quote The Hadith To Proof Further That Aisha Is Also Al-bayt Of The Prophet(SAW)

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 6, Book 60, Number 316

Narrated Anas:

A banquet of bread and meat was held on the occasion of the marriage of the Prophet to Zainab bint Jahsh. I was sent to invite the people (to the banquet), and so the people started coming (in groups). They would eat and then leave. Another batch would come, eat and leave. So I kept on inviting the people till I found nobody to invite. Then I said, “O Allah’s Prophet! I do not find anybody to invite.” He (the Prophet) said, “Carry away the remaining food.” Then a batch of three persons stayed in the house chatting. The Prophet left and went towards the dwelling place of Aisha and said, “Peace and Allah’s Mercy be on you, Ya Ahlel Bayt!” She replied, “Peace and the mercy of Allah be on you too. How did you find your wife? May Allah bless you.” Then he went to the dwelling places of all his other wives and said to them the same as he said to Aisha and they said to him the same as Aisha had said to him.

I think you should abandon your own analysis and add Aisha (ra) and all the mothers of believers (ra) to Ahlul-Bayt.

In addition, Muhammad bin Ka`ba narrated: al-`Abbas sat next to some folks from Quraysh so when he did this they became silent and stopped talking, al-`Abbas then mentioned it to the Prophet (SAWS), so he (SAWS) stood and made a sermon saying: "What is wrong with some folks who talk about matters but when anyone from my Ahlul-Bayt sits next to them they stop? By HE who holds my life in HIS hand, faith shall not enter a man's heart until he loves them in Allah, and for my closeness from them."

So (I also) say: Abandon that and add Abbas (ra) and the other uncles such as Ja`far (ra) and `Aqeel (ra) and al-Harith (ra) and the rest as Ahlul-Bayt. grin

My brother, the bottom line is Allah removed Nuh's son from his Ahl al-bayt because of his misconduct.
Hadith ^ pretty much confirmed Aisha's(RA) member of household of the prophet.

Imam Ali [alaihim salam] after he won the battle of Jamal, it narrated in Shi'i traditions through Sahih Sanad that some of his soldiers were demanding for War booty [which basically include the widow of their Prophet - Aisha]. Imam pretended he never heard those words. But after persistent repeatition by this soldiers, Imam answered them with a heart piercing word: "which of you will take Umm al-Mumineen as part of his share?" {'Ilal al-Sharai [Najaf: al-Maktabah al-Haydariyah; 1386H], vol.2, p.603, #69}.
I really have no problem with the phrase "Umm al-Mumineen" being attributed to Aisha. I think that's because of her popularity amongst other wives. I am aware other wives of the prophet come under the title as well.

As for Aisha(RA) being the leader or commander who led war against Ali(RA) in the THE BATTLE OF JAMAL (THE CAMEL) , I beg to defer a little. Yes, she did make mistake by living the house against Allah's command which she later regret.

The thing is:

*After Uthmân (RA) had been murdered just after the days of Tashreeq, the wives of Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wasallam had, after completing the rites of Haj just left Makkah Mukarramah on their return journey to Madinah Munawwarah. Upon receiving the news of the murder of Hazrat Uthmân (RA) they changed the direction of their journey and returned to Makkah. The Muslims at that time were in utter turmoil. Ali (RA) had taken the bay’at (pledge of allegiance) from the people of Madina and the assassins of Hazrat Uthmân (RA). He felt that it would be more appropriate to allow the turmoil and confusion to settle and thereafter avenge the blood of Hazrat Uthmân. Others however differed and thought it of greater importance to first avenge the blood of the assassinated Khalifah.

*A group of senior Sahabah (RA) including Hazrat Talha and Hazrat Zubair gathered in Makkah and persuaded Aisha (RA) to use her influence as Umm-ul-Mu’mineen to help them unite the Muslims and therafter demand the requital of the blood of Hazrat Uthmân (RA). Hazrat Aisha agreed and it was decided that they would proceed to Basrah. The rest of the wives of Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wasallam refused to join Hazrat Aisha (RA) and returned to Madina. Although Hazrat Hafsah (RA) agreed with Hazrat Aisha (RA), her brother, Abdullah ibn Umar (RA) did not allow her to join the campaign to Basrah. (Summarised from Al Bidayah wan Nihayah vl.7,pg.230)

*Aisha (RA) was not the leader of the army. Neither at the time of suggesting that she accompany the army did they consider making her their leader nor later during the cause of the expedition was she regarded as their leader. Hazrat Talha and Hazrat Zubair had asked her to accompany them so that she could use her influence to convince the masses of the nobility of their cause. This is why the rest of the wives of Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wasallam were also requested to accompany the expedition and Hazrat Hafsah (RA) had even accepted the request.

*Neither was Hazrat Aisha (RA) intending to capture the khilafat from Hazrat Ali nor were Hazrat Talha and Zubair (RA) intending to do so. They were only demanding that the assassins of Hazrat Uthmân be brought to task. (Fathul Bari vl.3, pg.56). In fact they had barely thought of meeting the forces of Hazrat Ali (RA) on the battle field. Ibn Taymiyyah (RA) writes: “Neither did Hazrat Aisha (RA) fight (in the battle) nor did she leave (her home) in order to fight. She had only intended to create peace among the Muslims and thought that the Muslims would benefit by her leaving (for Basrah etc.) …. They did not have any intention of fighting on the day of Jamal. The battle however took place without their choice. Because when Hazrat Ali and Hazrat Talha and Hazrat Zubair (RA) had negotiated and agreed on re- conciliation and that after they had settled they would seek the assassins …. The assassins therefore feared that Hazrat Ali would agree with them (Hazrat Zubair etc.) to capture them, and they therefore captured the camp of Hazrat Talha and Hazrat Zubair (RA). They thought that Hazrat Ali had attacked them and in defence attacked the camp of Hazrat Ali. Hazrat Ali (RA) thought that Hazrat Talha and Hazrat Zubair had attacked him and retaliated in defence. The battle thus occurred without their choice. Hazrat Aisha (RA) was seated (on the camel) – neither did she fight nor did she command anyone to do so. (Quoted by Ml.Y. Ludhyanwi on th authority of “Minhâjus Sunnah” pg.185, vl. 2)

*Many Sahaba(RA) expressed their dissatisfaction with her participation in the campaign. Many had written to her expressing their dissatisfaction. Hazrat Umme Salma (RA) wrote her a lengthy letter admonishing her: ” ….. Had Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wasallam known that women are able to endure (the difficulties of) jihad, he would have entrusted you! Do you not know that he (Rasulullah Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam) had prohibited you from travelling in the cities? Verily the pillar of deen neither remains firm with women nor wealth and it cannot be repaired by women if it has to crack (break). The jihad of women is the lowering of the gaze and the drawing of the hem and the intending of modesty. What would you say to Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wasallam if he has to object to some of these mistakes – sitting on a camel travelling from place to place? I take an oath that if it has to be said to me: “O Umme Salmah! Enter Jannah! I would be ashamed to meet Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wasallam while I had torn a veil (barrier) he had placed over me. Therefore make it your veil (barrier) also ….”

(quoted by Mufti R.Uthmani from Al Aqdul Fareed vl.5,pg.66)

*Hazrat Aisha (RA) had written a letter to Zayd bin Suhan encouraging him to join Hazrat Talha and Zubair and if he disagrees, he should dissuade the masses from joining Hazrat Ali (RA). He replied:

“…. Verily I am your loyal son. If you leave and return home, (then I will obey you) otherwise, I would be the first to oppose you.” He also said: “May Allâh have mercy on Ummul-Mu’mineen. She has been commanded to stay in her home and we have been commanded to fight ….”. (Ibnul Atheer vl.3, pg.216)Hafiz Ibn Hajar (RA) narrated that after the battle, Ammar Bin Yasir (who was from Hazrat Ali’s camp) said to Hazrat Aisha (RA): “How distant is this journey from the command that was imposed on you!” (referring to the verse: ‘And remain in your homes’).

She replied: “Are you Abul Yaqdhan?”

He replied in the affirmative, upon which she said: “In the name of Allâh, ever since I know, you always speak the truth.” He said: “All praises are due to Allâh who has decided in my favour on your tongue.” (Fathul Bari vl.13,pg.58)

*Hazrat Aisha (RA) later regretted joining the expedition to Basrah as is clear from the above narration. Later in her life she would say: “I wish I had stayed behind just as others (from the Ummahat-ul-Mumineen and many Sahabah) had stayed behind ….”.

(Fathul Bari vl.13,pg.55)

“I wish I were a fresh twig and I had not undertaken my journey …”

It is narrated that whenever Hazrat Aisha used to read the verse “And remain in your homes,” she would cry so excessively that her veil would become soaked. (Quoted by Mufti R.Uthmani-Al Farooq Quarterly – Siyar A’lam un Nubala vl.8,pg.80)
Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by Empiree: 9:00pm On Nov 11, 2015
Albaqir: # As per slander against Aisha, Allah never side hypocrisy and injustice. The exoneration is necessary for the status of the Prophet, Islam and Aisha herself. This put a stop to the false campaign of the Munafiq, among whom were the companions of the Prophet themselves.
Read surah Ibrahim, Allah "defended" Shaitan of the charges people of Hell will accused him of. That it was his fault that their abode is hell. Shaitan will say: I only invite (never forced them) and they heed my call(on free volition).
in another word you are saying the accusation against her by hypocrites was true despite clear exoneration by ayat of Quran?

http://quran.com/24/11-25

The incident is detailed in this Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 5.462 Narrated by Aisha

Allah Subhanah revealed the Ayat in the defense of Hadrat Aisah (r.a.) in Surah Nur verses 11-25. The particular incident here occurred on the return from the expedition to the Bani Mustaliq, A.H. 5-6. When the march was ordered, Hadhrat Aisha was not in her tent, having gone to search for a valuable necklace she had dropped. As her litter was veiled, it was not noticed that she was not in it, until the army reached the next halt. Meanwhile, finding the camp had gone, she sat down to rest, hoping that some one would come back to fetch her when her absence was noticed. It was night, and she fell asleep. Next morning she was found by Safwan, a Muhajir, who had been left behind the camp expressly to pick up anything inadvertently left behind. He put her on his camel and brought her, leading the camel on foot. This gave occasion to enemies to raise a malicious scandal. The ringleader among them was the chief of Madinah Hypocrites, 'Abudllah ibn Ubai.

# Aisha NEVER forgive the companions who master-minded the slander against her. In fact there are Sahih Ahadith whereby she named many of them among whom was Hassan Ibn Thabit, Prophet's poet. And obviously she had the right not to. And according to Sunni sahih hadith, her hatred of Imam Ali [alaihim salam] started when Ali advices the Prophet to ask and confirm what actually transpired [about the story of ifk] from Aisha's maid-servant. Ahadith further revealed nearly all the sahaba around then said the same.
Well, it was her right if she had choose not forgive them (glad you acknowledged that) but she did unfortunately. Not only did she forgive but that the incident also highlights Aisha (RA)’s magnanimity. She did not allow the slander against her to color her judgment of the people circulating it. Hassan bin Thabit had played a prominent role in the campaign of slander against her, yet she continued to treat him with due honor and esteem. When people reminded her that he was the man who had slandered her, she replied, `…...it was he who used to rebut the anti-Islamic poets on behalf of the Holy Prophet and Islam’.

Clearly, she acknowledged his service to Islam more than his role in her slander. Thus, she didn’t allow the dictates of her ego to supersede her objective judgment. We should always make excuses for our brothers and sisters when they err. That i learned from the story.

Hamdun al-Qassar (one of the great early Muslims) said, “If a friend among your friends errs, make seventy excuses for them. If your hearts are unable to do this, then know that the shortcoming is in your own selves.” [related by al-Bayhaqi in ‘Shu'ab al-Eman’ (13/504) No. 10684]

Jafar bin Muhammad (rh) said: “If you find see something you don’t like in a brother, try to find 1-70 excuses for him. And if you can’t find an excuse, say ‘There might be an excuse, but I don’t know it. [related by al-Bayhaqi in ‘Shu'ab al-Eman’ (10/559) No. 7991]

'A'isha reported that the Prophet (SAW) said, “Overlook the slips of respected people.” [al-Bukhari in 'Adab al-Mufrad' No. 465, al-Nasa'i in 'al-Sunan al-Kubra' (6/468) No. 7253]

Ibn Abbas said: “When you feel the need to mention your companion’s faults, remember your own.” [al-Adab al-Mufrad al-Bukhari (p. 120) No. 328]

DON'T BE QUICK TO BLAME OTHERS FOR MISTAKES

Aisha didn't blame her Muslim brothers for leaving her behind
-this shows you her noble character
-when Safwan bin al-Muattal saw Aisha left behind, he said:
-Inna lillahi wa inna illahi raji'oon
-because this is our dua when we lose something or someone
-Safwan had to decide whether to wait with her or deliver her to the Prophet (SAW)
-he chose to return her to the Rasool (pbuh) and this was the better decision
Re: Fatima Bint Muhammad, The Leader Of Women Of All Worlds by AlBaqir(m): 3:36pm On Nov 12, 2015
^I only opened this conversation with you because of your claim "what Shia thinks of Aisha", and my intention is to correct that notion. However, while you admit a lot of things, you still find it difficult to digest others. My brother, you can only continue to deny your intellect the rightful way of Quran and sahih ahadith so long you continue to have that perception like "that your (Shia) interpretation", " that's Shia thought", despite giving you explicit evidences as oppose to yours.
Note, I am not proselytizing. I'm simply exposing what is hidden from you in your books.

First, it is agreed that ALL the wives and relatives of the holy prophet were part of his general "Ahl al-bayt", no doubt. Even Salman al-Farsi, a non-Arab (non-blood related, non-Quraysh) was counted as Prophet's "Ahl al-bayt".

However, the Ahl al-bayt mentioned to have been purified absolutely in the Quran [ayat tathir], the Ahl al-bayt selected to have represented Islam in the Mubahala, the Ahl al-bayt chosen as the par of the Quran in ahadith Thaqalain and Khalifatain, were restricted to Ali, Fatima, Hassan and Hussein, while the Prophet distanced all others. If Shia talks about Ahl al-bayt, these are the ones we refer to.

Ample evidences are before you. And you will only do injustice to your Nafs by maintaining that Aisha was part of Ahl al-bayt in the sense highlighted above.

* Here I say "There is no might or power except Allah's".

Second, Aisha had a Zaghat heart and lack the rightful percentage of exalted spiritual virtues. Quran emphatically confirmed thus, and whatever narrations that tried to say otherwise are only a childs play.

# I gave you a Sahih ahadith yet you failed to rationalize it or you did but hide the truth. Prophet said Ali will fight for Tawil of Quran just like he (the Prophet) fought for his Tanzil.

# Prophet fought Mushrikun for the Tanzil of the Quran. Who does Ali fought? Obviously not Mushrikun. So who were they altogether? Mu'mineen? Never! They were Muslims with deviated (Zaghat) hearts.

# In another term of the Quran, these people were "Baghi group" and Allah forbid in many places the acts of Baghi.

# So who is right and who is wrong. Allah says in His holy book that the right party should be helped against the Baghi one [if two believers fight each other] until their [the Baghi group] fitnah is curbed.
Yet you want to eat your cake and have it.

* According to Sunni law, it is forbidden to raise uprising against the Government, good or bad government. That is Kufr and death is the punishment according to the Sunni. Here Sunni claimed Ali was even a "Rightly guided Khalifah".

In line of this very law, Aisha, Talha, Zubair did nothing wrong. And funny enough you yourself Empire, present ample facts where other wives and concern individual warned her against fighting Ali.

# Talha and Zubair used to be bonafide supporters of Imam Ali [alaihim salam]. For whatever reasons it is, they switched side. Interestingly, both companions withdrew shamefully from the battlefield when Imam Ali admonished them [the Baghi rebels] prior to the commencement of the battle. None of them could persuade their built army of their wrong steps. These two companions and prominent others deceived Umm Mumineen Aisha. And while they withdrew, Aisha continued.

# What and why did they fought Imam Ali? Apologetics explain they were avenging the blood of Uthman and not that they intend to hijack the Khilafah. On what moral and religious justifications did they do that?

Empiree, on this final note [irrespective of your comments], I say لا هول ولا قوة الا بالله

Wa Salam Alaykum.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) / What Could Be Worse Than Abandoning Prayer? / The Story Of Prophet Luut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 416
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.