Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) (2417 Views)

Android Xposed Framework, Roms And Mods Mtk And Qualcomm Only Come Inside / Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread / Get Custom Roms & Stock Roms Of Every MTK Android PHONE HERE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 7:48pm On Nov 05, 2015
Hello Nairalanders,

This is a discussion thread, and I'll be helping those who wish to install custom roms, install custom recovery, rooting and other related stuffs here. so feel free to drop a comment if you got any issue.

At your service...

1 Like

Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by acenazt: 8:05pm On Nov 05, 2015
Sup i need to install custom roms for my Sony Xperia Z. What do i need and how do i go about it. Thanks
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 9:26pm On Nov 05, 2015
acenazt:
Sup i need to install custom roms for my Sony Xperia Z. What do i need and how do i go about it. Thanks

Is ur device still on Kitkat or have u upgraded to Lollipop? so I can recommend a rom for u.
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by taiocol: 11:26pm On Nov 05, 2015
I need The Stock lollipop rom for Samsung Gt I9505 Or a custom Kit Kat rom
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 12:01am On Nov 06, 2015
taiocol:
I need The Stock lollipop rom for Samsung Gt I9505 Or a custom Kit Kat rom

Stock lollipop firmware... https://mega.co.nz/#!O8QEGCqC!vu7Op5QTNEWd27FJLHs-nYd0G8V9QDSkQEZxMcYuCWU

Make use of Odin to flash.. If you need the procedure, I can help you with that.
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by taiocol: 12:04am On Nov 06, 2015
BossTechy:

Stock lollipop firmware... https://mega.co.nz/#!O8QEGCqC!vu7Op5QTNEWd27FJLHs-nYd0G8V9QDSkQEZxMcYuCWU

Make use of Odin to flash.. If you need the procedure, I can help you with that.

No laptop to flash with Odin
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 12:22am On Nov 06, 2015
taiocol:

No laptop to flash with Odin

Have u installed custom recovery on your device?
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by taiocol: 12:35am On Nov 06, 2015
BossTechy:

Have u installed custom recovery on your device?

Yes, TWRP
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 3:53am On Nov 06, 2015
taiocol:

Yes, TWRP

here's what u do, download the file provided above, then unzip the file.. u get .tar.md5 file, also unzip and extract the recovery.img there, then convert the recovery.img to recovery.tar, u can use 7-Zip or winrar to add to achieve when converting. then flash the recovery.tar on your device via recovery mode..
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by Halemat: 5:34am On Nov 06, 2015
please I need help on how to root my gionee m2mini.
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by Halemat: 5:35am On Nov 06, 2015
I have been trying to use flash tool. but it is given me an error
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by acenazt: 6:48am On Nov 06, 2015
BossTechy:

Is ur device still on Kitkat or have u upgraded to Lollipop? so I can recommend a rom for u.
Lollipop
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 7:42am On Nov 06, 2015
acenazt:
Lollipop

Stay tuned... Remind me in few days time, Developers is through with Xperia Z Ultra, Z1 and Z Compact.. Still facing Xperia Z... Would inform you once Android Marshmallow ROM is available for your device smiley

1 Like

Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 06, 2015
I need help on how to uninstall twrp on techno c8 in order to install the latest software update .
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 9:29am On Nov 06, 2015
tunnamania11:
I need help on how to uninstall twrp on techno c8 in order to install the latest software update .

It's better u flash to stock rom...
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by Segunagagu(m): 11:03am On Nov 06, 2015
Helloo. .Pls can I flash mashmallow on my galaxy note 3...tank u
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 11:40am On Nov 06, 2015
Segunagagu:
Helloo. .Pls can I flash mashmallow on my galaxy note 3...tank u
sure, AOSP Marshmallow Rom is available for Galaxy Note 3... have u installed TWRP Recovery on it? if yes.. then download rom from .. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347851186 and flash.. also flash gapps from.. http://www.guruswizard.com/2015/10/google-apps-for-android-6-0-marshmallow.html

If u need further assistance, let me know
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 06, 2015
BossTechy:

It's better u flash to stock rom...
How do I do that ?
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 12:06pm On Nov 06, 2015
tunnamania11:

How do I do that ?

firstly, u have to install VCOM driver on your computer, so that you can Install SP Tools, and use SP tools to flash the stock rom.. guide to install VCOM driver, i already published that.. http://www.bosstechy.com/2015/11/install-mediatek-vcom-drivers-on-windows-pc.html also download stock rom from .. https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B3lGFL3BJv1FYXg4ZGY3b2ZRcWc&export=download
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by Baroba(m): 12:51pm On Nov 06, 2015
Good thread boss, will be dropping in soon for advice.. cool
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 06, 2015
BossTechy:

firstly, u have to install VCOM driver on your computer, so that you can Install SP Tools, and use SP tools to flash the stock rom.. guide to install VCOM driver, i already published that.. http://www.bosstechy.com/2015/11/install-mediatek-vcom-drivers-on-windows-pc.html also download stock rom from .. https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B3lGFL3BJv1FYXg4ZGY3b2ZRcWc&export=download
Thanks. can I flash twrp recovery after software update? will my phone not brick ?
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 1:52pm On Nov 06, 2015
tunnamania11:

Thanks. can I flash twrp recovery after software update? will my phone not bricked ?

Ya.. Sure.. U can do that smiley
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 06, 2015
BossTechy:

Ya.. Sure.. U can do that smiley
Thanks bro, the question now is; in sp flash tool, is it download or flash ? where will I put the stock ROM?
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 2:08pm On Nov 06, 2015
tunnamania11:

Thanks bro, the question now is; in sp flash tool, is it download or flash ? where will I put the stock ROM?

I just published a guide this afternoon on how to flash with flash tools.. Follow guide .. http://www.bosstechy.com/2015/11/use-sp-tool-to-flash-all-mtk-android-phones.html
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by Lordaweezy: 3:23pm On Nov 06, 2015
Mr. OP nice work you're doing here.... But you should try and ask Samsung,lg,sony,users and the likes about their version before giving them a custom rom cos they can easily get their device hard bricked by flashing roms that isn't meant for the device they are using.
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 3:42pm On Nov 06, 2015
Lordaweezy:
Mr. OP nice work you're doing here.... But you should try and ask Samsung,lg,sony,users and the likes about their version before giving them a custom rom cos they can easily get their device hard bricked by flashing roms that isn't meant for the device they are using.

Ya... I do ask.. If u follow up, you'll notice that I did ask the samsung user about his model number.. Coz I know Samsung and some other brand just as u mentioned has different varieties....
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 06, 2015
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by Lordaweezy: 4:04pm On Nov 06, 2015
BossTechy:

Ya... I do ask.. If u follow up, you'll notice that I did ask the samsung user about his model number.. Coz I know Samsung and some other brand just as u mentioned has different varieties....

OK just some extra advice..... Good luck with your thread bro
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by Baroba(m): 4:48pm On Nov 06, 2015
Can you suggest a custom kernel for rooted Samsung galaxy note 10.1 N8010..
Am running Cayanogen on it, unfortunately it is charging very slow and I lost root after flashing CM...
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 5:47pm On Nov 06, 2015
Lordaweezy:

OK just some extra advice..... Good luck with your thread bro
Thanks smiley
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 8:46am On Nov 21, 2015
Baroba:
Can you suggest a custom kernel for rooted Samsung galaxy note 10.1 N8010..
Am running Cayanogen on it, unfortunately it is charging very slow and I lost root after flashing CM...

Are u running the official version of CM?
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by Halemat: 6:10pm On Dec 08, 2015
Plz I need custom rom for my gionee m2mini. Is got brick when installing an application but only show the log and not charging plz help.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ntel Unlimited Data Plans(very Costly?) / Airtel Is The Best Network For Now / Does Gionee P5w Support Otg?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.