Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? (6660 Views)

Tissue Paper Or Water: Which Is Better? / How Healthy Is This Our Traditional Herbal Drink For Pile (ogun Jedi) / Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by kshow1(m): 3:48pm On May 13, 2009
with water , tissue paper , leaf etc. the most important thing is to clean your ass after doing major and wash your hands thereafter.
but honestly try to be a water addict and you will find out that its the most hygienic of all.
To be a water addict you most condition yourself to do 'major' before leaving your house everyday.
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by Theblessed(f): 3:53pm On May 13, 2009
Thanks and Thanks again!!  If people take their health and hygiene needs seriously why would they get out of their prams here?  That goes to confirm all I have already said on here.  Beware of a man or woman that cleanses their private area with water and finger business each time they frequent the lavatory because, they could pass on incurable microbes you would end up regretting please, becareful!!  
In fact, such people their fingers are nothing but DEATH TRAPS/SENTENCE - I can assure you and I stand my grounds on what I said.  Their problems, not mine!
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by vanitty: 3:55pm On May 13, 2009
^ have you by any chance heard of water & soap before?
if you use water, as long as you wash your hands afterwards you are good to go
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 13, 2009
vanitty:

^ have you by any chance heard of water & soap before?
if you use water, as long as you wash your hands afterwards you are good to go

i dont think i will be too comfortable working with someone who is cleaning their asses with water, even if they cleaned their hands with soap afterwards. it just doesnt "seem" right.
i guess i am being paranoid but i dont think i could even LIVE with a woman who clean her ass with water, there will be an incompatible issue!
yes in Japan they do have hot water spring thingy on almost every toilets so it cant be that bad!
for someone's hand to be 100% clean after every water cleansing, they would have to wash their hands like doctors do before any operation!!!
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by shawn123: 4:08pm On May 13, 2009
@Theblessed
maybe you should even have a bathe after all, you could use tissue to wipe your face and legs and go to the office. Goshhh how can one come to a public forum and admit openly that he/she is filty? damn , it amuses me the stuffs i see on N.A.  
you can use your tissue okay and whenever you have a bathe dont even wash down there, if the people around you are actually true to you am sure they would most likely tell you about the odour around you if what you say is what you practise?
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by shawn123: 4:11pm On May 13, 2009
I dont think i would feel comfortable making love to a woman that uses tissue to wipe her ass, embarassed
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by vanitty: 4:26pm On May 13, 2009
@ MRbrownjay

Yes it is just your paranoia acting up.
If a person washes his/her hand afterwards, then there should be no problem .

if the woman has a great personality apart from the wiping issue you better not let her go, they have made it easy for you guys anyway you could just get a "bidet" does the washing for you!
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:32pm On May 13, 2009
I think tissue paper is for poor people or middle-class nigerians who wished they were rich.

y'see my former land-lord built toilets that wash your ass for you with warm water, and blow-dries it (powerdering is optional but recommended. grin

But my hausa mai guard actually washes his ass and i think that is the cleanest way to do it, cos tissue ripps and gets stuck and all mashed up and starts rolling down your trousers in little bits leaving a trail of ants and flies.

So washing will do, either automated ass washes or manual ones, no tissue for me thank u grin
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by minute(f): 4:39pm On May 13, 2009
Keeping the place clean and dry is the chief

requirement, tissue paper is not alltogether unhealthy

if followed up at earliest opportunity, by thorough

process of cleaning. But acess to a bidet would be nice tho. undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 13, 2009
vanitty:

@ MRbrownjay

Yes it is just your paranoia acting up.
If a person washes his/her hand afterwards, then there should be no problem .

if the woman has a great personality apart from the wiping issue you better not let her go, they have made it easy for you guys anyway you could just get a "bidet" does the washing for you!

i guess you are right but i wouldnt feel comfortable with a person like that AND being comfortable is the main point in a relationship and i wouldnt be  if i knew that someone was cleaning their asses with water. its just a personal choice.
you see the difference is that if i use toilet paper, my fingers have absolutely NO CONTACT with any excrement or my ass while with water its different. so hygienically speaking, its not so clean unless, like i said earlier, you clean your hands like the doctors do, "up to your elbow!!!!

@lagerwhenindoubt water is cheaper than tissue paper, dont get it twisted!
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by Theblessed(f): 4:59pm On May 13, 2009
Every Nigerian knows those who use small water kettle and jugs for their hygiene needs are dirty people and do not bath/shower at all, even at the height of that tropical heat in Nigeria.  These people probably bath once a week and sometimes months.  And why would I have to JUG and RAKE myself with my fingers each time nature calls when I could take a full bath once or twice a day at the height of that heat.  Boy, imagine me with my small kettle and jug squating and RAKING down below, wow!!!shocked shocked shocked  I wonder who the next victim of this enforced primitive lifestyle would be. ONLY LAZY PEOPLE WOULD take that easy option and boy, did I hear them talk about stench  I challenge them right now to show the person sitting/standing next to them their finger nails then, I'd show them how ignorant they really are (I bet some of them are now now heading off to give their hands a good wash, aren't they).  Pleeeeeeaaaaaase, don't ever use those small kettles/jugs and your good old rakes - known as your fingers, again for that purpose, go it!
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by Theblessed(f): 5:02pm On May 13, 2009
Every Nigerian knows those who use small water kettle and jugs for their hygiene needs are dirty people and do not bath/shower at all, even at the height of that tropical heat in Nigeria.  These people probably bath once a week and sometimes months.  And why would I have to JUG and RAKE myself with my fingers each time nature calls when I could take a full bath once or twice a day at the height of that heat.  Boy, imagine me with my small kettle and jug squating and RAKING down below, wow!!!shocked shocked shocked  I wonder who the next victim of this enforced primitive lifestyle would be. ONLY LAZY PEOPLE WOULD take that easy option and boy, did I hear them talk about stench  I challenge them right now to show the person sitting/standing next to them their finger nails then, I'd show them how ignorant they really are (I bet some of them are now now heading off to give their hands a good wash, aren't they).  Pleeeeeeaaaaaase, don't ever use those small kettles/jugs and your good old rakes - known as your fingers, again for that purpose, go it!
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 13, 2009
i use water. it is cheaper, more hygenic and definetely more effective than tissue paper. and its recommended  smiley

people making noise about crud under the fingers must be walking reservoirs of dirt, since they almost certainly eat with their hands, (and have admitted that they do not know how to wash their hands)

for all those going on about germs - get this - when you flush a toilet, you are spraying your immediate vicinity with droplets . so unles you always close the toilet seat before flushing - you are  still in contact with toilet water. interestingly, it also means that most of us are liertally brushing our teeth with toilet water. you can test this by using a dye or coloured lavatory cleaner in your toilet, holding a plain sheet over it, and flushing.

shaking hands has always been a great way for spraeding germs. plus, you realize that you can be said to be holding a guys prick when you shake his hand  grin
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by nivea: 5:17pm On May 13, 2009
You can use wipes or better still bidet if you have access to one.

At the end of the date what you want is to keep it clean down there.
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by shawn123: 5:20pm On May 13, 2009
@OYB , true talk

@theblessed, no point, dont think u understand what this thread is all about or , [sub][/sub]am not saying you are not smart o, grin
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by shawn123: 5:36pm On May 13, 2009
@OYB , true talk

@theblessed, no point, dont think u understand what this thread is all about or , [sub][/sub]am not saying you are not smart o, grin
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by Theblessed(f): 5:38pm On May 13, 2009
Hmmmm!!!!  It seems people have lost sight of the region in question here.  We are not talking about the Western world where one has water system and regular supply of water and light, ok.  
We are talking about a 3rd would country that finds it difficult to feed itself and most people are still carrying buckets, and jerri-cans of water on their heads for miles and talk of the great hygiene awareness. Wow, news to my ears!!!!  You guys make me laugh. And some are talking about covering the toilet before flushing as a remedy to keep the microbes in. NO!  In addition, there are several chemicals/disinfectants and gloves used for that purpose on daily basis for protection, so covering the toilet before flushing does little for your protection.  If this is the nature of things in the West, where upon they use these chemical freely to keep their home clean, I wonder how many Nigerians can afford to boost their hygiene standards when most can not afford a single toilet roll.  Now I can see why small kettles/jugs prices have been expensive in Nigeria. You see, it's only for economic reasons that these people are campaigning for this kettle, jug and finger business.lol!!!!!!!!!!!  Now, I know why?  Yet, its still primitive and unhygienic, ok! If I happens to find myself near your home by sudden and felt thirsty, wouldn't ask for a glass of water from you as I would not know where its coming from, otio!!!!!!
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by obi123: 5:43pm On May 13, 2009
i think tissue will do when u r not at home, i dont want to even think of the hassle of using water when i am at work or not at home, but then wet wipes do a good job especially now that they have the portable, flushable baby wipes
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by shawn123: 5:47pm On May 13, 2009
lol, what in God's name is she talking about now? we are primitive in Nigeria, thanks we ll pass. We love our country!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by just1(m): 5:53pm On May 13, 2009
no matter hw much toilet paper u use, d ass i neva clean but wit water, ma ass i fresh n clean al,day, i mean after all, i wash ma hand wit soap n water,
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by just1(m): 5:56pm On May 13, 2009
no matter hw much toilet paper u use, d ass i neva clean but wit water, ma ass i fresh n clean al,day, i mean after all, i wash ma hand wit soap n water,
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by Theblessed(f): 6:12pm On May 13, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

please EDUCATE ME on the matter, how do you do when you are in a"civilized" place where there is just a toilet?! do you go directly in the shower after the deed?!
YOU CANT POSSIBLY USE THE WATER INSIDE THE BOWL BECAUSE ITS NOW MIXED WITH SHIT!!!

Hi Brownjay, you're really having a go, aren't?  But what you are saying is true, though.  When such people are in a civilised environment how do they manage their call of nature I would like to know when most gents/ladies are stock up with toilet tissues and nothing for that kind of lifestyle.  I hear some of them say go home and get a wash - why wash when you can bath or shower if you have one and if you don't what's wrong with giving yourself a good scrub with a bucket of water?  Still all the hallmarks of dirty/lazy people, you know.  I can't imagine myself as friends of people with such lifestyle - no, way.
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by ekitikan(m): 6:52pm On May 13, 2009
@ the blessed
you sound like a bad record (the old primitive gramophone smiley,u keep ranting and talking about people beign unhygienic, dirty,lazy bla bla bla bla bla,wat i want you to know is this:the pure fact that a mangrove is in the swamp does not make it a crocodile,abi you want be oyinbo pass oyinbo , a ko ni so wi pe olaju de ki a fi oju egbo te ile, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by Gejeans(m): 8:02pm On May 13, 2009
Why r people trying to appear sophisticated. Its simple and clear water with soap is cleanest and hygenic. Period. Actually i use both, i wipe with tissue very well, to reduce d shit load, then i wash thoroughly with water and soap. Wash my hands after and steam dry it. Simple as ABC. No germs, no microbes both on my ass and hands.
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 13, 2009
don't mind all these lazy paupers, abeg go an buy the ass washing toilet! grin

http://digg.com/comedy/Japanese_Toilet_Washes_Your_Ass

the eternal debate on pooping

http://www.poopreport.com/debate/eternal_debates_is_toilet_paper_enough.html

Eternal Debates: Is Toilet Paper Enough?
Posted 07.03.2006 by AssBlaster2000 (1116)
The issue: Does TP clean your ass sufficiently, or is something else needed to clean up the job?

email this page | printer friendly version
DungDaddy (1387) -- 07.03.2006

TP is good for 98% of the poop stuck to your bum after movement. Some form of wet cleaning is needed for the rest. If you don't believe me. Stick your finger down there and give it a whiff. Stink = Poop.
krzyzewskifan (55) -- 07.03.2006

I completely agree w/ DD thus why they invented Wet-Ones, but I cannot condone giving yourself a Dirty Sanchez to see if you're clean.

_______
I poop because I am, I am because I poop.
Gaseous G (not verified) -- 07.03.2006

Ideally, I do my duty just before I get in the shower in the morning and then I'm done until tomorrow. That's the best clean-up: a shower. But a few times a month, it doesn't happen as planned. In those situations, I'm not so fastidious. I wipe away the brown and leave it at that. I do notice though that my ass is not as fresh as I would like. But what the hell? Only Tiny Tim could arrange his life to allow for a shower after every dump.
bowlfiller (54) -- 07.03.2006

Yes I agree, vaste mojority of the time TP is enough, somtimes however, when your poop is in a bad way a suficiant ammount of wetted TP is needed to give you that satisfied feeling of clean.

After a distressing poop, it can be somtimes painful to get the wipe you require with dry TP, this can also require some wetted paper to sooth the wipes needed to clean away all remnants of your brown friend.

enter the skid marks grin

a simple guide to washing your ass cheesy

http://everything2.com/title/How%2520to%2520wash%2520your%2520ass

Washing your ass properly is a skill most third world children learn early in their lives. This node is for the rest of you.

The basic technique works whether you're squatting or sitting on a toilet bowl. You will need, two fully functional hands, a receptacle for the water, and your ass. It's a good idea to make sure you've finished defecating. Take your left hand and put it under your ass by reaching between your legs. Use your right hand to position the receptacle full of water over your ass, behind your back. Pour water slowly, use your fingers and hand to wash your ass (including your anal sphincter) with the water. It might help if you lean forward slightly. You should generally have enough water left over to give your left hand a quick rinse. Wash your hands thoroughly with a strong anti-bacterial soap. Be careful to clean under your fingernails as well.

A number of you are: 1. eager to try this out for yourselves or 2. shocked beyond belief. You may want to read the following points before you do anything rash:
Water receptacles: pretty much anything will do. A plastic mug that can hold one liter is ideal, but I've seen milk bottles, watering pots, tin cans, measuring cups and coffee mugs used for the same purpose to adequate effect.
If you are left-handed you should use your right hand to wash and the left to pour. The idea is that you never soil the hand with which you eat.
Is it safe? I have absolutely no idea. Billions of people use this technique, and they seem to get through life okay (yes, I know their life-spans are shorter).
Eew! gross!!! If you have access to toilet paper you should probably wipe first. I think it's rather gross to have dried excrement hanging onto your ass for most of the day. It's itchy and it smells.
Can I just shower afterwards Yes, this is an adequate substitute. You can also sit on the bathtub edge and use a shower head at a 90 degree angle if a water receptacle is nowhere to be found.
I haven't got any soap! Never fear, you do not have to walk around with a skanky ass till you find soap. You can still wash if you have ready access to some dry dirt. Washing your hands with soil will generally get them clean enough for you to walk around and look for a bar of soap without attracting undue attention to yourself.
If I'm ever forced to do this I will amputate my own arm at the elbow! I really can't help you.
If you wash your ass regularly, you should probably give up biting your fingernails.
Two modern day implements can help remove some of the 'eew gross' feeling out of this procedure. One is a small shower head hanging right next to the toilet, the other is a spout attached to the toilet seat itself. Some jiggering with a tap or button and a medium strength spray can be directed at the unmentionables to be washed. Both miraculous inventions reduce the requirement for operation to one fully functional hand.
As you can imagine, this doesn't work very well if it's below zero. That said, I have used snow for this purpose, to numbing effect.
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by Realsam(m): 9:18pm On May 13, 2009
Water is da best and in case you don't know how to this are the steps:
Use a bowl to fetch water from tap
The bowl in your right hand turn it towards your yansh and pour the water rinsing with your left hand
Cut small tissue and wipe the remnant water from your yansh
Then wash both hand with toilet soap
Finish.
paper alone not hygenic (just like cleaning your sweat face with tissue)
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by maedan(f): 12:26am On May 14, 2009
hehe, funny topic. Of course, with the flaky stuff they pass off as tissue for us these days, I think the best bet would be water. But being so "westernised", most of us would cringe at the idea of using the hands to wash after doing the big one. i like the baby wipes idea best, and to the guy who asked, yes o, we dey carry the baby wipes waka. It's more important in the handbag than even lipgloss sef. tongue
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by Igwe9(m): 9:45am On May 14, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

i do believe that washing your ass with water is more hygienic "IF YOU USE SOAP TOO" but if a man takes a bath every morning then his ass will be nice and clean all day(thats the only time you will see me clean my ass with water "and soap"wink. if by any chance he needs to shit that day then cleaning it thoroughly with paper shouldnt be a problem.
let me give you an idea: take your time and use toilet paper to clean your ass UNTIL the toilet paper you use is WHITE after passing through your gnash!!!! use as much paper as you need.
its a simple method to see that your ass is "clean".
ET VOILA!!!!!

I concur
@ post
I do everything in the morning alongside with bath,  and it's been working for me, but if by any means  it  comes calling outside the house,wow!  I'd  opt for tissue as it's always available somewhere . . . . . . .  smiley
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by ExInferis(m): 4:08pm On May 14, 2009
a damn sight healthier than the sh1t dangling off your butt
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by Carlosein(m): 5:55pm On May 14, 2009
water, water water all the way. tissue paper can never get me quite clean enuff!
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by Krayola(m): 10:50pm On May 14, 2009
hahaha, this is the funniest thread ever. I laughed my ass off on pretty much every post. Una no dey shame, haha, gotta love it

I use toilet paper. If I run out I use water. I used to be a germaphobe and had to take a shower every time i took a shi!t but I grew out of it.

Toilet paper is fine as long as you shower daily (once at least) and scrub ur ass.
Re: How Healthy Is Tissue Paper? by Iranoladun(f): 12:05pm On May 16, 2009
Baby wipe for me anytime; so many handy packs available in shops (selling baby things). I usually add a little Dettol solution to the wipes. In a public toilet, I use some of the wipes to clean the toilet seat & some to wipe my bum after off-loading!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Medical Recall / How To Apply Starch To A Shirt Using Cold Water Starch: Tips / products banned due to their content of Hydroquinone or Mercury

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.